How can we improve Discord?

Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
> Categories
-channels
>Sub-Categories
-channels
(apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

4,206 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Red Hat Hacker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

209 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SimPathetic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be cool if we were able to place categories within categories. Kind of like subcategories. It would make servers look cleaner.

• Pale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, i beg of you this will help discords with a lot of channels to keep things organised

• 👁seveneyes1 👁 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An idea for sub categories and there benefit is that i have a BUNCH of
    roleplay categories for different role-plays so what i think you should be able to do is to create a sub category and select the categories you want in the sub category i REALLY hope this gets added and i think discord is a GREAT thing to use i almost use it 24/7 to talk to friends get more people in my server and ya thxs discord hope this feature gets added thxs!

• eNolaVirus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE! I run a couple community servers, a database server, and a roleplay server. This would allow me to literally build a PLAYGROUND for the roleplay community on a single server. Allow stories to continue even when players are on the go, people to stay connected when their apart, and a one-stop-shop to catch up on their favorite soaps! Categories was a boon already, this would be a literal GODSEND!

• GuardiaN.InS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

discord is based on IRC but I do not think it will happen, although I would like this feature to be integrated

Teamspeak 💔

• Nico123o commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have my vote, this seems like an 'okay' feature. Sounds extra, but I can see the use of it.

; )

:wave:

• Azures_ | Executive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen many channels with text and voice channels that could have a place within the category but would not "look good" in the category. So having subcategories would help so your can provide information with ease. Instead of having to scramble between so many channels that are not meant to be in the said category but would have a place in a subcategory.

• Alex (Term) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ive been caring for my dogs for 23 years. Ever since I saw this option, I knew that my life meant something other than saving dogs. Thank you for this blessing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base