How can we improve Discord?

Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
> Categories
-channels
>Sub-Categories
-channels
(apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

3,756 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Red Hat Hacker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

168 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ek-claiRr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oui, ça serai grave cool, d'avoir une catégorie, puis des sous-catégories, pour pouvoir crée des salons - Vocaux / Ecrit, du coup, comme windows, des dossiers, dans des dossiers

• Gloryddd™ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im in a lot of Roleplay servers and we've come into some secnairos that we had a location that would have other rooms and such in it but we didnt want to make the category massive. I resulted to locking a channel and naming it "Sub-Category-Name" it works but having an actual feature would make it more formal and is very much needed in big servers. You've got my vote.

• Scotty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds like a good idea but if they implement this people will ask for Sub-Sub-Catgories

• Red commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I'd like to make archive categories for channels people don't really use anymore but might want to somewhere down the line.

• An Occasional Peeker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be renamed to Infinite Sub-Categories.

- Europa Universalis 4
    == European Campaign
    === Northern Europe
    ==== Group I
    ==== Group II
    ==== Group III
    === Southern Europe
    ==== Group I
    ==== Group II
    ==== Group III
    === Western Europe
    ==== Group I
    ==== Group II
    ==== Group III
    === Eastern Europe
    ==== Group I
    ==== Group II
    ==== Group III

• 웅이 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can create small categories in a big category, you can organize them better.

• Diligamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too, I have clutter, some People said there are more Catagories and channels than members and they are so complicated to use!

• Lih commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Discord is not enough:
    - subchannels;
    - fine tuning of roles (the waterfall system is inadmissible for large formations);
    - fine tuning of channels and categories (again, the problem arises in large formations).

If these tasks are not solved, then my community will have to switch to the TS.

• Arkanorian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a godsend for things that break off a lot. For instance school studies where there are multiple divisions of science and math, or school electives.

• chasearooski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The addition of categories in Discord was great, although we have very limited access to them. For those that really want an in depth user-friendly experience for their members may want a category within another category. Take for example CS:GO You may have a server with many other games including CS:GO. You may want to have a "CS:GO" category, then within that, a "Competitive" category and a "Fun" category.

Feedback and Knowledge Base