How can we improve Discord?

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid.

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid or emergency.
This technically means a temporary off switch to your server (turning off any sort of activity: messages, kicking, banning, removing or adding roles... just anything except for the owner), which allows you to have time to find out who was the raider and fix the issue before it's too late.

2,386 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GT shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hugh Jackman is my City commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seems useful on papers (Like Communism) but would result in abuse of admins able to use it, plus what if admins aren't online? Thats also why there are bots that prevent that sort of thing I'll give it an upvote tho since I would love to abuse it XD

• Ancient Entity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just lock the chats not very hard. Although it probably wouldnt be the hardest to implement so ill give you a vote.

• Otaku commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there's already many bots that can help in case of situations like these

• Lem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the big servers I own I just don't allow anyone access to anything unless they are assigned a role to change things. Standard users are put in wait and then they have access to general and nothing else unless verified first.

As for freezing, there are bots that allow this already. You should look into a few of the admin bots they have interesting features you may enjoy. Dyno is a good start if it's still around.

• Scotty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can just remove perms from the @everyone role or delete all invites. People have made bots to automatically do those things too! Why do we need this?

• TheDoerOfStuff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps make it so everyone who doesn't have access to said big red button (and is therefore blocked by the "raid mode") is still able to send messages to the server for the next 5 or so seconds, however the messages are only displayed to the user that sent them, and admins.

With such a feature enabled, the raiders keep sending messages, making them easy to find and ban, but no one aside from the admins actually sees what they're saying.

Maybe after that 5 second delay is over, all users are told of the "raid mode"'s activation, and any messages that didn't get sent are highlighted in red, so the good guys can re-send them after raid mode is deactivated if they so desire.

• malachi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

“This would be more effective if we could ban users after they’ve already left.”

You can. Right click the username (if they are still within view of the message history) and click Ban.

• DreamaireMaelstrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone should consider this looking like a big red button called “Raid Alarm — Pound at the first signs of a Server Raid”. It just feels right.

• Mazzy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be more effective if we could ban users after they’ve already left. If you can already, then this would be perfect.

Also, personal preference, I’d love this option as big round button in setting as if launching a rocket idk. Lol

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base