How can we improve Discord?

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid.

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid or emergency.
This technically means a temporary off switch to your server (turning off any sort of activity: messages, kicking, banning, removing or adding roles... just anything except for the owner), which allows you to have time to find out who was the raider and fix the issue before it's too late.

842 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GT shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • cookieman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try just using invite links with limited uses only. It's not practical but if you have a website you could use the API to automatically create one-time-use invites for your users. (If you don't have a registration system you could just have them solve a captcha or similar to slow the raid or manually approve new users before they can chat.)

• 『 ᴺᵉᵏᵒ 』 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are bots with "anti raid", they ban raiders. Rendering the raid uneffective. With your "solution" you're just doing what the raiders want.

• Lemon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Freeze everyone without a role, so the common users/mods/admins can still talk and do things on the Server.

• Orso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not a good idea at all. The goal of raiding is to freeze a server and render it unusable. With your suggestion you're not only helping them, but also not solving the problem.

Maybe I say so because you didn't specify your idea enough. For example, the freeze option could be applied just to bots for example, instead of all regular users, and that could suffice for most raid attacks perpetrated with bots.

Here's my idea: what you want is probably the separation of the server management and the Discord server itself, so that you can control your server members (ban + kick as basic moderation tools) "remotely", such as with a control panel. What do you think?

• Shay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bots can do this, and raiding is not allowed already, so just report the people participating in the raid to get them banned.

• Ancient Entity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just make a rank above all other ranks that disallow all typing, voice communication, etc of all kinds.

• kbhasi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep! I have at least experienced 2 server raids, and they're really bad, it's like some of the users there are on drugs, alcohol, or something like that.

• Bypga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Set up private server: new participants can't do anything without role and approving from server admins.

• JacenBoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A similar effect is possible with roles, and has been implemented in a server I moderate.

• Goat_Milk, which is Duck℡™ 4real commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you manage your roles correctly, owner/moderator can switch off ability to send (or even read) messages by selected group of members.
    If "read" ability is taken away, then attackers won't be able to hide with it by deleting it.

• GT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I forgot to say "except for ANYONE but the owner". My bad

Feedback and Knowledge Base