How can we improve Discord?

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid.

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid or emergency.
This technically means a temporary off switch to your server (turning off any sort of activity: messages, kicking, banning, removing or adding roles... just anything except for the owner), which allows you to have time to find out who was the raider and fix the issue before it's too late.

3,486 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GT shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lemon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@HexDev If the raider has an Admin role or similar, then he can just simply delete the bot first.

@stephanie What if the raider is someone with a role like Admin or Mod?

I think it should be owner-only and they should add a rollback feature for the owner if he comes back finding the server raided while he was offline.

Duplicate.
    This is literally the same idea which is locking your server:
    https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/20387980-maintenance-mode
    It can be used as investigating a server or doing maintenance to the server.
    I honestly think both ideas should be merged: You can "freeze" or just lock your server depending on what you want to do (investigate a raid or doing maintenance).

• Craymozoid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a custom role in my server called "Muted"

Disables every roles permission that reside below it in the hierarchy. And with the help of a bot you can have it get everyone the role if it can.

• stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I like the idea of a lockdown mode, making it owner-only makes it as good as useless in the event of a raid, because the owner would have to be online and attentive to use it in time.

Instead, make it available either to administrators or to those with the manage servers role, and when it's activated by an administrator, freeze everyone with lower roles for a period of time.

As a side note, to those relying on bots. Strongly consider putting the role for your most trusted human admins above the bot role(s), because bots can malfunction or be hacked, and a bot that goes bad can do a lot of damage in a very short time. Having someone around 24/7 who can deal with that is a good thing.

• BashBunny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid, is really good for users some times me.
    Raiding is such a big thing in discord now.

(at the time of post my server got raided a few hours ago)

• kat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Raiding has become such a big thing in Discord, positively and negatively. Focusing on the negative side though it can really break a community when they have a bunch of bots/users join and start screaming and posting disturbing stuff. I know this from experience. Having a quick option to lock it all down without the need for a bot would be very welcoming to server admins/owners everywhere. It could completely kill raiding actually. Something to think about definitely!

• Nutchapol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could have it so that Wumpus places down a barrier on the chat box and some red lights shining onto the "Dark, but not black" bg in case of an emergency or a construction tape for a sudden maintenance
    or even construction tape on "under-construction" channels

yeah this can go pretty far

• 𝑿𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘𝑺𝒏𝒊𝒑𝒆𝒓 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While bots could do this, I would still feel much more comfortable with a mode like this. A big yellow button for maintainance, and a big red button for emergencies. I’d rather have this as a built in ability rather than going out to find a bot. And then I also wouldn’t have a random bot in my discord that I don’t really want in the first place.

• AurA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bots can pretty much do this. I have a bot that stops messages, reactions, etc etc in all channels. Of course it's pre-determined to my server, but it's nice to have.

• Jon-then-that/Jrm24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea because of the sort of schematics that would happen, like discord turning black and white or turning dimmer while a message with wumpus alerts you on what just happened.Similar to the comments saying "add a big red button in case of server raid".idk though it just makes me smile imagining that.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base