How can we improve Discord?

Discord is not only for gamers! Change Discord's description

All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers, developers, friends, family and literally everyone that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

This is how it should be

2,249 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

NayamAmarshe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

128 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Irish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've paid for the annual Nitro subscription, but 3 days later no Nitro. Just cancelled my subscription.

• FuerGrissaOstDrauka💠 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This. Right now it have one of best options for team-collaboration. Only MS Teams have more (and it's cost for every user alongside with small team size limit).

• Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Thebalrog6, No then you are limiting the potential of Discord. We as I have witten in my comment below, you could have a more formal business version and a gaming version. Also the earning potential for Discord is huge in the enterprise marked. A lot of big companies are willing to pay a lot for a good communication tool like Discord. You won't get another Skype clone. In many ways Discord is already a Slack clone. This is because Discord isn't Microsoft, and it's a way better software than Skype. So no we can't go back to Skype, because it's really terrible! Slack is great, but i takes up more resources, cost way more, and dosen't allow you to talk with people outside your organisation. So you can't add friends there. As a developer and entrepreneur, Discord is by far the best app for my company and projects. It also allow me to combined work with friend, so I don't need to have open two apps. And the fact that you said "Go back to Facebook" show you how little you know about the situation.

• Thebalrog6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No. It's made SPECIFICALLY for gamers, devs, programmers, and such. It works well with the general audience, yes, but it its main purpose is gaming. You take that away and you get another Skype clone. If none of y'all play video games, then don't be on Discord. Go back to Facebook. Discord is a place for gamers. End of discussion.

• Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord is what I would want Slack to be in many ways. We switched to Discord a while ago. But I don't see any bigger organisations doing that with the Gaming theme they are pushing. Discord is one of the beste internal communication software out there! It can take on Slack and Skype any day, just make it more professional. They could have a business version for eksample.

I also find it to be very good Facebook replacement.

• xDMN8x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord was made for gamers, but feel free to make a server dedicated to whatever YOU want. Discord can be used by anyone even though it's marketed towards people playing games. This doesn't mean you have to play games to use it because anybody can. I don't understand why people are getting so upset about this. If you don't want non gamers in your discord then kick them out! If you want to use Discord for general chat with your friends there is nothing stopping you. Ignore the angry gamers, especially the ones on here writing in capital letters complaining about ruining their community. Do what you want. Those gamers can stick to their virtual communities and you can create and stick to your own. Salty, immature, no life trolls be damned!

• codeNB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Dumping Facebook group however people immediately see the Gamer stuff and balk. Even just the preview link for creating an account - it's the first thing new users see and they leave thinking they have the wrong app.

• BeeBee1234567891 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The community should not get to decide this, if discord prompts their product towards gaming, then there you have it. Just because developers like myself use it does not mean that their prime goal is to make an application for anything and everything as well as gaming.

Their target audience are gamers. Leave it at that...

• PrimeFurball413 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After reading the replies to this I realized just how rude the community is. People that aren't gamers should be allowed to use the service too. It isn't *just* for gamers. Calling people normies is non inclusive and rude.

• Nutchapol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is for gamers
    The devs, communities and everyone is the added extra because of how good it is

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Obviously it's not just for gamers.. seriously I can't tell if you're joking or not.

• Flippy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with @Mazzy. I don't want this idea to be taken even in consideration.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base