How can we improve Discord?

Discord is not only for gamers! Change Discord's description

All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers, developers, friends, family and literally everyone that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

This is how it should be

2,590 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

NayamAmarshe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Talu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord is way superior to Skype and any other trashy program. Love the UI and features. This is exsactly what people need without having ads pushed in their face or leftist ideals. Freedom is awesome!

• Tezu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord was made for gamers, and the second most prevalent users are from the anime community, where every fansubber and fandom has their own dedicated servers.

This request is like asking Marmite to change their slogan purely because you are indifferent to their product.

• Nano Burn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change Discord's slogan

Its not only for gamers its the all in one for everyone

also i would remove the agressive its time to ditch Skype and Teamspeak slogan. Most people dont even know what Teamspeak is

• Exenon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly why there are people that refuse to move from Skype. They're not any of those gamers most of them. & yes Discord shouldn't be for gamers only. Seriously though, that's too much claim now.

• okno13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Primarily for gamers. Anyone can still join. I have GFX friends who use Discord over other platforms, although I doubt this will ever become like Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts.

• Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@3>Pomba Gira<3 You can still have all your gaming features... It would be stupid of them to limit Discord to gamers, when they can be the next big gaming, chatting app, and business app! And if they go for it, they will be the next big thing for sure!

• ❤Pomba Gira❤ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main idea of the discord is to make a platform for gamers. What comes after that is just a bonus and no obligation !!!

• Rhag the Ducktle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord is targeted for gamers, doesn't mean non-gamers can't use it because of a description. If discord grows bigger and introduces changes that are appreciated globally, not just by gamers, in a large scale, that could be an option, but right now it wouldn't make much sense in my opinion.

• Kanye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean the thing is, is some people dont wanna be classified as a "gamer", but they want to use discord with their friends and people from school for other stuff

• MegaSuperab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord is targeted for gamers. I mean, the logo is a controller, there are game interface and currently playing features, and most of the service’s users are gamers. Don’t change it. I mean, you aren’t going to die from it, it’s just a description.

• Testboi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see where you're getting at, but Discord was kinda created for gamers, so that it would be better than using skype and teamspeak if you were to be in communication with your teammates and such. Of course it can be used for other purposes, like business and school, etc., but its main purpose is for gaming.

• Irish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've paid for the annual Nitro subscription, but 3 days later no Nitro. Just cancelled my subscription.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base