How can we improve Discord?

Share System Sound

So with screen sharing and video calls just hitting discord, what better way to accompany them than by also adding an option to share your system sound like skype can!

In skype you can share your system sound with your friend without it looping their voice back through, which is super useful for applications such as watching someone play a game, or showing music projects etc!

Also if the system sound is Stereo that would be a step up on skype!

1,052 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ProtostarProtostar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LeroyJenkinsLeroyJenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently send mail about this idea, didn't know there is already topic about it, first of all thanks for that and yes, that would be really, like REALLY good for us. Just do it please. This needs to happen.

• KunoKuno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. This is what I was hoping would come with discord's screen share in the first place. It's useless without sound imo. Negates the entire point of trying to show a game or movie to a friend or whatever else you're doing. Definitely need this.

• Ahnaf ™Ahnaf ™ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, facecame and screen sharing is out now. Wouldn’t it be good if they add sharing system sounds like for example I want to show my friend something in a game and I need to show it with audio also instead of taking off my headphones and putting my mic right next to the speaker they should add a feature where you can just click a button and it will share the sounds of your computer until you disable it. Ever since I moved from Skype to Discord, system sounds is the 1 thing I’ll need so discord can finally be a replacement to Skype!

• XanarkanXanarkan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted, it can be very interresting in a role play session too, to have an ambiance music.
    Well, offcourse it should comes with a specific permission on a role to avoid everyone to do it.

• ProtostarProtostar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Me.Hell I have them. it is still a hassle. Having a baked in solution to share system audio would be much better. And if you do it that way you cant use discords voice activation feature, and you have to use voicemeeters voice gate, which isn't the best. Also you have to restart discord whenever you change your mic input for it to actually switch.

• Mr.HellMr.Hell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just download "voicemeeter" and "Virtual Audio Cables" last one might not be necessary but for some things it could come in handy.

• MikeOShayMikeOShay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely useful for tons of purposes. With screensharing, it makes it easier to share in-game audio and share videos with friends.

Without screensharing, it can be used by DMs to add extra ambience or sound effects to their DnD groups, it'll significantly improve a server's karaoke night, or it can be used for tech support.

Yes, trolling is always a threat, but this could be configured to be enabled/disabled on any voice channel, or could be a role-based permission.

• Mr. PotatoMr. Potato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah when we select what to screenshare there would be 2 options, one is without sound and one is with sound

• ColbsterColbster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to hear sound from the persons computer that is screensharing.

• skychairskychair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please. Please. Decent screensharing with sound is the only thing i really want from discord

Please and thank you

• weremageweremage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many friends that leave discord to screenshare on skype because of the audio so if you implemented this then it would be great!

• EdgeEdge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would turn it into a viable coaching platform for competitive games (OW, LoL etc). Support!

• HLTateHLTate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes really need this! Whenever I show someone a clip I recorded whilst playing a game, it's so much better when I play it with my system sound on.

• TunebyteTunebyte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We must have this! It's a lot of effort to work around that atm. Do it! Do it now! :)

• ScreenBlindScreenBlind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone that uses Discord to do some live DJing, I see this as a great improvement to what can be added to Discord, as I tend to get feedback if other people are speaking at the same time.

I totally agree with this!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base