How can we improve Discord?

Share System Sound

So with screen sharing and video calls just hitting discord, what better way to accompany them than by also adding an option to share your system sound like skype can!

In skype you can share your system sound with your friend without it looping their voice back through, which is super useful for applications such as watching someone play a game, or showing music projects etc!

Also if the system sound is Stereo that would be a step up on skype!

2,841 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Protostar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

113 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess it's the only issue left in discord that prevents me and me friends from using discord only instead of combining it with teamviewer\skype\etc. Totally voted!

• Amie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was desperately hoping it would've been in this last update. No luck.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! The only thing Discord is still missing from Skype is the ability to share system audio! I was so pumped when I saw that screen sharing was coming to Discord but was also mildly disappointed when there was no sound sharing.

• Seridath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this was added it would be perfect, I use skype sound share so much but now i have a wireless headset it doesnt work any more. If discord really did add the feature and let it work with wireless headsets I really could drop skype altogether.

• UnknownAK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This an amazing idea, I really miss my soundboard plugin that I used to have for TeamSpeak so having something like that for Discord would be amazing

• Penitence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Discord truly wants to live up to it's statement on the main website "It's time to ditch Skype and Teamspeak" then it should be able to at least do all the things they can and then some. Discord already has a lot of great features that make it the most popular platform for online users to communicate through today, but adding a feature like this would make Skype completely obsolete and those people who still use it for that will use Discord instead. I sometimes stream my gaming to a friend over Skype, would be great if discord could.

• Furan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will come in hand when sharing a game to a friend who wants to spect you only or for people who want to share anything without streaming it in any stream web.

• Rin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this does get added, I hope they make it so it only works in private/group calls, and that you can chose if you want to allow that specific person to share their sound to you, to avoid trolling.

• Aeka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I kinda support this and then again i don't since people would just be silly and play stuff from youtube and that would be kinda like a music self-bot or something. You can do this using a virtual cable though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. But if this does get added, they should add an option so you can choose to play the audio to yourself and not (without delay hopefully).

• SoTotallyToby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would absolutely love this. I often screenshare my gameplay with friends and it would be so useful if audio could be shared also.

• mrtn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to enable Share System Sound and allow other users in your call to hear what you are hearing.

• DevManHasPotato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have a way to share audio from the desktop when screen sharing, for something like jackbox or showing friends a video you have on your computer. The only way I can think to do this on discord is to use speakers but this means that the people in the call can hear themselves as well.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base