How can we improve Discord?

Share System Sound

So with screen sharing and video calls just hitting discord, what better way to accompany them than by also adding an option to share your system sound like skype can!

In skype you can share your system sound with your friend without it looping their voice back through, which is super useful for applications such as watching someone play a game, or showing music projects etc!

Also if the system sound is Stereo that would be a step up on skype!

7,520 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Protostar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

269 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zapiboss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be even great to be able to share sound without having to screenshare, just being in vocal chat and do that.

• Gran Avenger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems my friends can't hear my game when I stream it with this new feature. I have the sound on, I have the sound choice as on when I choose a window, and no one can hear my game. I mean, it's a flash game, so maybe that's what's causing it since it doesn't count it as a game but if it's supposed to show the sound of ANYTHING I'm streaming that isn't a game, as long as I select its window, then... that just seems weird.

• yvo_duh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now you can do window share and turn on sound, it would be more awesome if we could screen share with the same sound switch.

• ALiX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can hear my friends audio, but they cant hear mine! Except when Im sharing my discord!

• Psyrio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My friend I'm screensharing with can't hear my system audio very well he says the audio sounds clipped and really low volume. Anyone else got this problem?

• Trinsid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, you can share sound from any application window. Make sure you select an application instead of sharing your own screen. Then you will have sound options.

Although sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, for me at least.

• ConnorENC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that the audio screensharing is here, it's such a shame that the audio feature was a complete fail. I mean, only being able to share spotify sound is very limiting, they should have added desktop sound too, or hell, even browser sound like Youtube.

Hopefully they will add things like that soon!

• self commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be honest, in some cases,I have to share the application'sounds with other members in Servers.But the current function needs screen-share,and must talk with your friends:(

• its britney bjitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you share screen, there should be an option to share your desktop audio (but other people not being able to hear themselves in call)

• [Void]beewyka819 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently use a bunch of virtual audio cables to send audio output and microphone output to a virtual line which serves as an input to discord. Then I have to make a custom output line that sends audio output to my headset as well (as it normally now wants to only go into the input line). A native discord feature for this would be preferable. TLDR; This feature would be much simpler than the current work arounds that are possible

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base