How can we improve Discord?

Share System Sound

So with screen sharing and video calls just hitting discord, what better way to accompany them than by also adding an option to share your system sound like skype can!

In skype you can share your system sound with your friend without it looping their voice back through, which is super useful for applications such as watching someone play a game, or showing music projects etc!

Also if the system sound is Stereo that would be a step up on skype!

5,536 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Protostar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

223 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • IcyReaperYT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im getting tired of having to use screenshare so people can hear me cuz if i dont turn it on then nobody can hear me

• Amie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried Discord Canary. Every time we went turn on 'share system sounds', Discord Canary would crash. So much fun.

• Mehman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's out on Canary, but you can't talk while screen sharing. You can get around it by using the normal version of Discord to be in a voice server with whoever you're screensharing with, and just muting everyone else in the screensharing call, but it requires everyone to have both normal Discord and Discord Canary

• Jaybyrrd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this, in case the devs may not know this, you can remove the voice of participants in the call from system sound by taking the audio that is playing on the sharing system from discord, inverting it, and layering it onto the system sound that is being shared back. This should effectively noise cancel any participants.

• Musky-San commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This addition would be very benhefitial to me so i can finally share my Clone Hero gameplay with the music actually hearable for once

• Falxie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

P.S Even on Canary, my friend cannot hear my volume. So it literally does not work.

• voltized commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty sure this has been implemented and is slowly rolling out. I remember having a feature saying "Share System Sound" saying it's experimental. It's now gone however..

• Alucard Elric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is implemented I'd like a way to just share audio as well without the screen share. That way if I just wanna play music for me and my friends to listen to while we play a game (Great example is building something in minecraft together to cover any drops in planning and such.) It'd cause less lag then sharing audio and visual or even just visual. would be awesome <3

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base