How can we improve Discord?

Black Bar

That new black title bar is so agonizing, that make me feel like if I had less space to see the messages in servers, I would like to back to the previous version!

274 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chamytou shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ItsErik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel when in fullscreen the bar should disappear to the old version but when in windowed mode, it reappears

• Southpaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the black title bar is a windows only thing to as far as i know
    i use both windows and mac and only my mac got it, my friend that uses linux also didnt get it. (im not complaining.)

• Someperson22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's much better with the bar. Before it annoyed me because I coulden't find that spot to drag it around the screen.

• Zarii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think that removing it would be the right way to go, a toggle option would fit it much better.

• Lannister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Makes it much easier to move discord between multiple monitors. However I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be toggleable for those who prefer the old version.

• Bigbahlsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please at the very least a toggle option. This new bar just seems like a step backward.

• TheEthan8or commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The bar makes it easier to exit the thing...I guess.

I dunno, just use the browser version ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• coldstone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who uses Discord in windows mode, the window buttons are less functional at their smaller size. I find myself overshooting them constantly. Modern UIs have moved to including content directly in the title bars anyway, so I don't see what the problem with the old design was.

Since the button size is not a problem when the window is maximized, if the title bar is going to remain then perhaps a good compromise would be to have a larger title bar in windows mode and switch to the smaller version when maximized.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Previous version without the small black top bar looked better. Please bring back.

• Ryloguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would say just give it a toggle option so the people who like it could keep it and the people who don't can go back to the old version.

• tinaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you are going to have a title bar, just use the system's built in one, please

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I like it?
    I mean, it was weird for me at first but it's always been herd when having discord be at the smallest size to successfully click the X button to minimize Discord. It would mere with other buttons and i'd instead toggle the search option, or the sidebar with the online users, etc. It was hard, and I guess now it's easier? But I do agree with people here as well.

• Mimrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new title bar feels really out of place. Though some people seem to like it, so it'd probably be better to let the user enable or disable it in the appearance options.

• Eiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the bar is too small to drag the app easily, the time when we could drag the app with the top of the channel, like many apps now was way better, now there is just this mall thing to catch and drag, it's not good. All apps have big drag hitbox and you decide to go back in time and make it small

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base