How can we improve Discord?

Black Bar

That new black title bar is so agonizing, that make me feel like if I had less space to see the messages in servers, I would like to back to the previous version!

815 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chamytou shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

73 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lucifer Morningstar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an idea: Since this issue you have is preferential, and changes from person to person, why don't we ask for the ability to create and share Discord skins?
    I love skins. Just download a skin, install and poof!: Black classic YouTube.

• ๖ۣۜHitman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this black bar,
    earlier I used a separate topic, so that I had this bar.
    Now I have it by default =)

• Ilias Velaoras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In reality, with the title bar you have slightly more room for messages, but lose some of the height in the channel, server and member lists.

• T H I C C Q B O I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if you could choose between a dedicated bar at the top or integrating the window controls into the main discord toolbar at the top. Like give the ability to choose between the black bar at the top or go back to the way it was before. It would also be nice if this was extended to linux as well. Many people (me included) find the native window decoration kind of annoying and out of place with discord as a whole. It would be nice if we could decide if our window manager would draw the window controls or if discord would draw them. This would be especially nice on GNOME.

• Liggliluff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have a normal Windows window.
    I would love if Adobe could do that too.

• Wolfie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree strongly. Discord is so much less prone to random dragging and movement now. It also makes it more easy to move Discord by throwing your cursor to the top of the screen. If this is removed a toggle is vital, or perhaps this should only be disabled for Linux/Mac OSX users.

• sharkskin1936 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are saying that you can't find what you want in the dark screen, then I AM ENTIRELY WITH YOU!! Or am I the only one who can't see??????????????

• CesarTheSalad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The biggest problem I have with the black bar is that I was able to move the Discord window by clicking anywhere on it, but now the only way to do it is to get your mouse over to the tiny black bar and then click that to move it. Much more annoying than before for sure.

• arcpheonix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The old UI were much better and looks more modern. The darker stripe titlebar feels like those older desktop programs that always have seperate visible titlebar. The old UI design even sports larger window buttons for Maximize/Restore, Minimize and Close, and the design were closer to the look of Windows 10 standard window titlebar.

The new Discord design on Windows just doesn't look as good and modern as it was.

The Discord logo doesn't even allow dragging which makes it confusing for the user.

• The Cypher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of us feel the new title bar does not belong in Discord. The colours don't blend together well, and it's an OCD nightmare. The only good part about it is the logo.

Thus, I have created two very simple design concepts in order to remedy this. It includes the logo, and a return of the much loved control buttons in the upper right-hand corner.

https://imgur.com/a/NkzRv

Obviously the buttons and such aren't quite to scale as I had to rip them from a Google image and it isn't quite lined up correctly, but I hope you all get the gist of what I am trying to achieve here.

It would be great if the Discord devs see this, and consider this idea.

Thank you for your eye pixels!

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah not to mention the new black header bar does not even work correctly for grabbing the window if your point is not at the same level as the Discord logo in there it does not work if your slightly above or below which is annoying as hell i often move mouse to very top of screen to grab a window to move it chrome has the same problem with it's tabs getting in the way of me moving mouse to very top it drives me barmy...

• ALittleBoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a pretty easy way to do this using a css injector. If you are interested I can explain it to you. I wish discord had implemented a themeing module for the client, but doing it yourself is technically against TOS

• sk1nzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Windows desktop app window title bar is trash. The old UI when the windows buttons are in right corner after help button was much better.

• haZh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who is the kid in-charge of your UI development? Shit, no quality at all...

Just bring back the previous UI and forget about anymore dumb memes that you might have!

• All commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is both ugly, and annoying since i can't drag the screen the way i used to. Would be great since this is just a change for the worse

• RyanQ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could see toggling. This is a nice option for Windows users for those who remember the annoying minimizing / maximizing issues before.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base