How can we improve Discord?

Option to turn off loading screen quotes

This really is a first-world problem, but the number 1 complaint I see and have about discord is the loading screen quotes. It's more than often the kind of humour most of us wish to avoid and we kindly ask if we could have an option to turn the quotes off when logging in. Thank you!

1,037 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LauraisLate shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

130 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Phaesic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If someone, for whatever inane reason, feels the need to hide short jokes that only appear on screen very briefly, that is certainly their prerogative.

Requesting that Discord allow you to censor out their design choices on a piece of software that is free, and that they allocate time and resources to it over that of actual improvements and features? That is serious sense of entitlement. While I will grant you that its likely not a significant expenditure, its still time spent and money they have to pay someone to add a little button in just so you don't have to see 3-5 seconds of text. The Discord team, clearly, likes them there. If you don't like their company culture and design, go use a different software. That's your power as a consumer, if there's that many of you, go make Skype great again.

I for one hope if they actually put this feature in, that they make it a Nitro feature so you at least have to repay them for the expense.

• Last commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see the problem with them. I mean, yeah, they're unfunny, but they're only on your screen for like 3 seconds.

• liam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Downvote; It's around 2-3 seconds I don't think its that much of a problem.

• Post commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The majority of people in the first world have good internet and only see these jokes for two to three seconds. No support, just deal with it or don't read it. Move on.

• TheGentleChainsaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally kinda like just having the quotes there, but I can definitely see value in an option to completely turn them off for people who only ever find them annoying and unnecessary. Humour is always subjective, of course, and this is no different.

• jaffejoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am Jatte Joy, from china but i live in Untied State, I promise to share this testimony all over the world once my Husband return back to me, and today with all due respect i want to thank LORD NOBLE for bringing joy and happiness to my relationship and my family. I want to inform you all that there is a spell caster that is real and genuine. I never believed in any of these things until i loosed my husband, I required help until i found a great spell caster, And he cast a love spell for me, and he assured me that I will get my husband back in two days after the spell has been cast. Three days later, my phone rang, and so shockingly, it was my husband who has not called me for past 6 months now, and made an apology for the heart break, and told me that he is ready to be my back bone till the rest of his life with me. LORD NOBLE released him up to know how much i loved and wanted him. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the most happiest woman on earth and me and my husband is living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it were even before our break up. So that`s why I promised to share my testimony all over the universe. All thanks goes to LORD NOBLE for the excessive work that he has done for me. please brothers and sisters if you are passing through any kind of problem contact this great spell caster via his email lordnobelspellcaster@hotmail.com or lordnoblespellcaster@gmail.com or you can call him on phone +1731(472)1887

• Monica92 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i everybody. I recently saw a testimony about Dr. Todd in a blog I visit for relationship and dating counseling problems because i had been having serious issues with my boyfriend and we had been dating for six months, he just suddenly changed,he wasnt returning my calls,he started cheating,he was hurting me in many ways i never thought possible and I just thought I should try it*maybe out of desperation of some sort*..and I contacted Dr. Todd..At first everything felt dreamy and unbelievable,his consultations and solution was a little bit easy and strange and I was scared a little coz I heard read and heard lots of stories of fake spell casters,scams and i never really believed in magic..I played along with a little hope and and faith and I sent some few stuffs after everything and it worked like a miracle,everything went to a while new direction,it was and is amazing...I guess it was all good faith that made me read That particular post that faithful day..I hope he could help other people too like he did me...I did a little and I got everything I wanted and wished for*my husband,my family and my life back. E-mail: manifestspellcast@ gmail. com...

• Monica92 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i everybody. I recently saw a testimony about Dr. Todd in a blog I visit for relationship and dating counseling problems because i had been having serious issues with my boyfriend and we had been dating for six months, he just suddenly changed,he wasnt returning my calls,he started cheating,he was hurting me in many ways i never thought possible and I just thought I should try it*maybe out of desperation of some sort*..and I contacted Dr. Todd..At first everything felt dreamy and unbelievable,his consultations and solution was a little bit easy and strange and I was scared a little coz I heard read and heard lots of stories of fake spell casters,scams and i never really believed in magic..I played along with a little hope and and faith and I sent some few stuffs after everything and it worked like a miracle,everything went to a while new direction,it was and is amazing...I guess it was all good faith that made me read That particular post that faithful day..I hope he could help other people too like he did me...I did a little and I got everything I wanted and wished for*my husband,my family and my life back. E-mail: manifestspellcast@gmail.com

• hop193 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People don't know what "Option" means. But I don't see how it could harm anything, I would add an option for that.

• Benzine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People really need stop using the word "cringe" every chance they get ...
    Aside from that, while I agree an option could be possible for the ones not liking the quotes, I don't get why they would cause any harm.

I read some of the latest comments and I saw people saying that maybe someone will see them, who cares if some random dude sees it ? You're ok with opening discord in a public place but you're not if people see a loading quote ? I saw others talking about their boss, if your boss is ok with you using discord I don't see why a quote would matter in any way. I mean, using a chatting software is ok but it's not if it has a funny quote when opening up ?

And for the ones saying the humour (in the quotes or elsewhere) is preventing from using discord, then don't use it really. Why is it so important to you to use a software you don't like ? This humour is discord's thing and I don't think it'll change at any point, so instead of wanting to change it, just don't use it. Hiding the quotes won't change discord's team behaviour and mindset.

That being said, I really don't get the violence of some comments here from the "opponent" side, the ones asking for this OPTION are being polite, so respect them. I don't know if I succed here, but I tried at least.

• Massunoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just get rid of the user requested ones, they aren't fucking funny. And or actually read the shit before raging about how they made you bust a liver and that a person suggesting an OPTION should slit their wrists and burn in hell.

• realJamesen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The jokes are pretty good, pretty funny and I won't vote on deleting them. Just because you don't play some of these games, doesn't mean they should get deleted.

• Killinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what a dumb idea. definitely most people don't complain about them, and just becuase you don't understand them doesn't mean they're bad or need to be removed.

I as a matter of fact do get a couple of them and enjoy them, even if I dont know who/what the Kench was

• WarCart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Those jokes are wholesome and make me laugh every time I turn on my computer

• momo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean... someone in a discord i'm in had a panic attack because one of the loading messages was "look behind you" so...

• CookieOfPower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the loading screen tips. I'm unaware that "most" people want to avoid small lines of humor that last about 3 seconds. I don't think that's accurate.

But sure, I don't see why people can't have this toggled off.

• Massunoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fucking sad people lack 0.1th of a I.Q point to understand what the word "Option" means, at least now we have proof here as to why the human race is more than likely doomed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base