How can we improve Discord?

Option to turn off loading screen quotes

This really is a first-world problem, but the number 1 complaint I see and have about discord is the loading screen quotes. It's more than often the kind of humour most of us wish to avoid and we kindly ask if we could have an option to turn the quotes off when logging in. Thank you!

1,788 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LauraisLate shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

187 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Craiberk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love it how a huge crowd of people are saying "If you don't like it, close your eyes and ignore it", whilst at the same time as they voice their dislike of this idea. "Do as I say, not as I do", lol.
    Another group of people that I cannot help but find amusing is the crowd that says "I find it cute/funny, so it should stay", as if an *option* to disable something will take the thing they like away from them, instead of being an option for someone else to remove a frustrating element from their daily lives.
    Goddamn, people are... not smart.

• Kaaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

these people
    "hurr durr just close yeur eyes!?!"
    smh, you have my vote.

• Billa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cringe is the only way to describe 90% of the loading screen quotes. Please include an option for them to be disabled, I'd so much prefer using Discord then. This really bugs the hell out of me.

• ChloRadium commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see the point... it's only there for like ten seconds, and you don't even have to look at it. :/

• LackOfCreativity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing so many "responses" saying this user has a lack of self confidence or they're some kind of loser for not likely repetitive and honestly extinct memes. There's a reason no one says anything that is in the discord loading lines. They're all tired and used up memes. Just get rid of them or allow us to toggle them off. It's really not that hard to implement I would imagine.

• skeleghosties commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

__Options for OP and other people who voted for this feature:__
    * Watch a cat video on Youtube.
    * Get up and stretch, especially if you've been sitting for way too long.
    * Clear off your computer area or your computer itself.
    * Give your pets some snuggles or play with them.
    * Call or text somebody you haven't talked to in a while.
    * Get up and do something, whether it's using the bathroom, grabbing a snack, doing some laundry, whatever.
    * Meditate.
    * Accept that everybody has a different sense of humor and spend your energy on more important things, like keeping government representatives accountable for their actions.
    * Suggest your own quotes that appeal more to your sense of humor.
    * Just minimize the damn window!

• Sigma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe keep it but repace the text with Discord. and have the quote underneath as a footer

• DeSinc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is the one thing keeping discord from being used seriously by businesses, honestly it is

• Nick R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No. it is not funny when you see same repetitive strings. if such option exists, there should be more of such quotes.

• Barbok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just switch to your desktop while it's loading or close your eyes it's really not something that needs to be a feature.

• Tars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bit pointless to be honest.... Minimise discord if you dont wanna see it. Its a waste of time when they could be doing better stuff

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base