How can we improve Discord?

Option to turn off loading screen quotes

This really is a first-world problem, but the number 1 complaint I see and have about discord is the loading screen quotes. It's more than often the kind of humour most of us wish to avoid and we kindly ask if we could have an option to turn the quotes off when logging in. Thank you!

1,475 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LauraisLate shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

156 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • EatThatPie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you want to remove this? It's only there for 3 seconds, and "most of us" don't want to avoid humor. Honestly, you might as well say you want to remove the discord logo from the loading screen.

• Denyell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

calm down it takes like 2 seconds to login so its not a big deal just move to skype or ts then

• UltraSound commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THAT FEATURE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE! If you dont like it go to skype, That is the OG Feature!

• cbesson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To my point of view, it is important to allow to switch off these sentences. Since I wanted to use Discord for my working group, I feel ill at ease with these jokes,
    Thanks or your understanding,
    Caroline

• HYP3RD34TH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is Stupid, Discord was made with focus on Gamers and the Gaming community, and so are memes part of the Gaming Community..

• Nomaki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, especially as Discord is starting to muscle in on Slack's domain of professional communities moving over, removing the "lol DAE memes??" perception Discord has currently through the loading quotes would go a long way to move Discord's overall perception to a more middle-of-the-road position.

• Nutchapol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or maybe some technical stuff?
    I would like to see some number counting up
    (not replacing it, maybe more stuff on the loading screen of course)

• falt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I AGREE!!! It's so cringe-y. I can't stand the stupid references to dead memes

• Griffa101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its on for 2 seconds. What don't you like about the quotes? I mean they should add that feature but I just wanna know why you don't like them?

• CharaDev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no reason to disable loading screen quotes because guess what! If you don't like it. There's a thing called shutting your eyes for a couple seconds. Or maybe just open a new application!

• Raterix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree entirely and I want to see a more developer, debug information on what's going on.

• Osh_King25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see a problem, however, as I wouldn't disable it, it wouldn't change how it loads for me so +1

• BadFoodStamps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just *love* having a forced meme shoved down my throat every time I log into Discord, honestly its Discord's best feature yet

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base