How can we improve Discord?

Screen Sharing on servers

It shouldn't be necessary all the trouble of going into a new call with tons of people (who you might not even know) just so you can share some moment.

Allowing and option to share screen where others could press a Screen Button to watch it would be perfect.

Or any other functional approach;

It's all about the experience and this inconvenience is a turn off some of the times.

I hope one day we can open card packs on servers.

1,382 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ruleta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Purpzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only reason this isn't implemented yet is because of the load it would put on Discord's servers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Canaday11 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jennifer Canaday After been in pain and sorrow for over 7years it was Dr JOHN that cured me from Hepatitis B Virus, I got infected with Hepatitis B Disease in 2010 and I have visited several herbalists, spiritualists and pastors for cure me but all was in avail, my world was gradually coming to an end until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal medicine from Africa who have and herbal medicine to cure all kinds of deadly diseases including HERPES ,WALTER,HIV AIDS, ALS, HPV, MND, Epilepsy, Leukemia, Asthma, Cancer, Ghonorhea,Hepatitis B etc, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbalist via his email, (drjohnhivcurehome@gmail.com) he prepared a herbal medicine portion and sent it to me via DHL Delivery when i received this herbal medicine portion, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was cured of this deadly disease within 2 weeks, I am now Hepatitis B Negative. all thanks to Dr JOHN Contact this great herbalist called Dr JOHN his email:(drjohnhivcurehome@gmail.com) OR whats-app +2347064365391

• Terminal Memes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the new integration of audio with screen share is quite useful, especially on the Canary version with the ability to play games through the screen share feature.But, why isn't there screen share features in servers?

Say for example, one of my friends is making some art and wants everyone in VC to see it, why should i have to leave the server voice chat?

Perhaps this kind of feature can be implemented by the role system, only allowing users that the Admin/owner decides can screen share. And all a user would have to do while in VC, is just right click on thier name and start screensharing and the same would be true for anyone wanting to watch (apart from it being join screenshare)

TL;DR Screenshare is cool, let servers benefit from it too :D

-Terminal Memes

• VapidAnt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly i'd be down to have a Video channel added to my server in addition to a voice channel which could be used for screen share and video calls.

• El Laggron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine how this could be awesome for bots too, create an interface to stream youtube videos or twitch, like what the bots currently do with audio

• Kei [eh] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this!
    Like an option to have private screen sharing/streams too for servers, so that only a max of 10 ppl can share their screens at once, and yet more people can watch.

• TouchedChicken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add this as another channel option in servers. Would replace the text channel with users when in the call. Max of 10 people just like in private calls

• oliverysfx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be great for discord servers created because of games servers so as to check for cheating

• myssidia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a phenomenal idea. I teach online classes for a local university. I'd like to utilize Discord instead of our Learning Management Software's video conferencing application, but the 10 user cap for screen sharing makes that impossible. Even if, as some commenters said, only one person was allowed to share a screen at a time, this would be a huge boon for my classes.

• Kulakai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've wished for this one since I tried sharing on a call. It would be fine if their were limits to keep the bandwidth reasonable. As a raid leader I'd like to quickly share my screen to the raid so we can get on the same page for the pull.

• DarkDreth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like it as well, but it will be hard to make and will drastically increase bandwidth usage on discord unless they went with a P2P solution (similar to Skype), but that in turn may mean poor quality.

• Dorilgey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome if we could create a chat in a server for people screen sharing, instead of having to create personal chats that call everyone in them. Thanks for your time! :D

• Matyim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If people don't like this or its a bit hard to make, I think maybe when you make a voice or text channel being able to click a botton to make it available to share your screen.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base