How can we improve Discord?

Screen Sharing on Mobile

So, the recent addition of video calls is a great one if you ask me. I use it all the time. But here's one thing that I think could be improved.
At the moment, the "screenshare" option is only present on PC. I think it would be a great idea to allow mobile users to share their screen as well.

If there is some way to implement this, I think it would be a great addition to this awesome app.
Thank you for reading my request!

- Ky

288 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

KyGames shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Curious Kamel (Mobile) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. Came in just to add this suggestion but I see it already exists.
    Would be awesome to be able to pause/play the screen share via the discord notification as well.
    And to be able to toggle "share sound" from the notification area as well.

• Skydra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to screen share with your phone, so your friends can see what your phone has in store. Also you can share just 1 app, and when they press the home button or turn off their phone, it can just say the app isn't showing right now. Do this if it's possible, please. Thanks. <3

• GabeMahan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to screenshare my Android games and Samsung Gear VR games with my friends on Discord. Can you please add a screenshare option for Discord on Android?

• The PowerPoint Pal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently on desktop version of discord you are able to screen share but it would be lovely if you could make it so you can screenshot on mobile too

• Haruna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Screenshare with iOS 11 record and ReplayKit
    We all now know that voice channel has supported screenshare, it’s powerful to share the game streaming or have a meeting online.
    How about iOS App?
    Maybe we can use iOS ReplayKit API and Screen Recording (Required iOS 11) to implement it,
    so we can not only share streaming on PC but also on iPad!! :)

• Diver Drü commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly agreed. Please add the ability to screencast from mobile! :)

The ability is already built into the latest version of iOS (long-press/force-touch the screen record button in the settings drawer, and you can send the feed to any app).

• Nifty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe have a button when you turn on your camera in a dm call on mobile and it shows your phone screen like it does PC? Maybe connect it with iOS screen recorder even thought I dunno how that would work... but please look into this #JusticeForMobiles

• wowzers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Computer users can share their screens, but maybe allow mobile users to share their screens aswell. If we can’t share our screens, why should we wast estorage on screenshotting? Plus, making a app for it is like the extension in chrome to share your screen.

• Chris Chrome YT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use iOS screen broadcasting (a feature built into iOS screen recording, See teamviewer quick support) to broadcast IOS screen to discord

• Deloxo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be done for a few reasons, 1: people who play games on their phone should be able to leave the app and show what great phoneskillz they have!!! finally: no other reason this idea is legit

• Kawaii Kun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

instead of a permanent camers i think we should have some button that changes between camera and screen or remove the camera and put just screenshare

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base