How can we improve Discord?

Profile backgrounds

The ability for nitro users to add slightly faded backgrounds to their profiles, almost like how rich presence covers have images fading into the background (rich presence cover: https://gyazo.com/7658464b4afb3f5546f73fb151326d51) Made an example: https://imgur.com/a/y8Jb1

5,089 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Twitch.TV/SPOTLIGHT shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dungeon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing me to customize more of my profile as a Nitro member would be a huge feature for me. I definitely would consider Nitro more useful, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

• Ender ALT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it so you request a background, so the discord mods can deny or approve certain ones, and for nitro make it so you can upload gif backgrounds. One more thing, there will be a dark layer over the background but transparent so you can actually read the text.

• Onegen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not fan that it's only for Nitro users. I really like the idea, I'd like to see the "profiles" more...expanded and feature-full, I mean it does only show tag, some badges most members don even have and connection (and current game).
    Well, Discord is for gamers so that's the core, but most gamers take the "beautiful details" to account, just like games that make you buy skins. That's gaming, i guess :D

So a +1 for me, but I'd be happier if it won't be Nitro-only :/

• Deku ♡ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a drop shadow to the text, or a black outline to anyone who uses a custom bg, seems good to me. If you're reported for it you immediately get banned if its NSFW.

• Shmeado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users should be given a facility which allows them to add a banner to their profile (similar to Twitter, YouTube etc.)

When someone's profile is clicked, it will display their banner above their profile picture.

• SyntaxPrime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this, especially since I find Nitro quite boring at the moment, where the only thing it gives you is global emotes that most large servers turn off :c and the ability to have an animated profile picture.

+1

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base