How can we improve Discord?

Using screenshare only (no video chat))

Being able to use screenshare without video calling.

1,270 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mustashe_Man shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminDabbit Prime (Admin, Discord) responded  · 

Yay! We removed the requirement to have to have a camera to use screensharing! Just start a call in DMs like normal and the screenshare button should show up.

30 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Addi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

u don't need video call to screenshare as long as u have the app....

• Bynos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to share my screen, but I do not have a camera installed - so i can't?!

Shouldn't the Screen Sharing and Camera features be separate entities so you can do one without the other.

• Nearby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"You don't need a camera to screen share. Enter a voice call, and a little screen share button will appear. I agree it needs to be more obvious or apparent, but it's already possible without a camera."

^ This guy

That`s a terrible Idea, if you don`t have webcam simply the video cam will not work. i don`t understend why you have 747. This has to be a bug =))

You can simply start a voice call and then press the screenshare button, You do not need to press the video calling button.

• GamingFlamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can simply start a voice call and then press the screenshare button, You do not need to press the video calling button.

• MysticSpooker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should try voice call, it does work on that. Tried with a couple of friends and voice call works, it's pretty much video call but voice call isn't turned on.

• King Revoker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My camera has been unplugged every time I screen share and it worked fine. Maybe you are bugged?

• Xblade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"You don't need a camera to screen share. Enter a voice call, and a little screen share button will appear. I agree it needs to be more obvious or apparent, but it's already possible without a camera."

^ This guy

• Chillah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You don't need a camera to screen share. Enter a voice call, and a little screen share button will appear. I agree it needs to be more obvious or apparent, but it's already possible without a camera.

• Emzlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can already, I don't have a camera and I can still screen-share.

• Zeryther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lmao I submitted this before I knew that you don't need a camera.

so please stop upvoting this xD

• vonrohawk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been able to screen share without a camera so far. I wonder if there is something else going on that is preventing your from getting it? I think my settings are normal. At the moment, I am screen sharing with my cousin, who doesn't have access to the video calling, and as long as I call her, we can screen share. She has a Mac, with a built-in camera, and I unplugged mine because I don't use it much.

I know this doesn't help much, but I have been able to use the screen sharing without a camera (tl:dr).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base