How can we improve Discord?

Using screenshare only (no video chat))

Being able to use screenshare without video calling.

1,272 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mustache_Man shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminDabbit Prime (Admin, Discord) responded  · 

Yay! We removed the requirement to have to have a camera to use screensharing! Just start a call in DMs like normal and the screenshare button should show up.

31 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Addi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

u don't need video call to screenshare as long as u have the app....

• Bug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was really excited when Screen-Sharing became a thing; However, I don't like how you have to start a video call before you can screen share. It would be far more convenient if there was a Separate option just to screen share and have to video call first.

• Bynos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to share my screen, but I do not have a camera installed - so i can't?!

Shouldn't the Screen Sharing and Camera features be separate entities so you can do one without the other.

• Hristos este in control commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"You don't need a camera to screen share. Enter a voice call, and a little screen share button will appear. I agree it needs to be more obvious or apparent, but it's already possible without a camera."

^ This guy

• Hristos este in control commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That`s a terrible Idea, if you don`t have webcam simply the video cam will not work. i don`t understend why you have 747. This has to be a bug =))

• GamingFlamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can simply start a voice call and then press the screenshare button, You do not need to press the video calling button.

• MysticSpooker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should try voice call, it does work on that. Tried with a couple of friends and voice call works, it's pretty much video call but voice call isn't turned on.

• King Revoker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My camera has been unplugged every time I screen share and it worked fine. Maybe you are bugged?

• Xblade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"You don't need a camera to screen share. Enter a voice call, and a little screen share button will appear. I agree it needs to be more obvious or apparent, but it's already possible without a camera."

^ This guy

• Chillah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You don't need a camera to screen share. Enter a voice call, and a little screen share button will appear. I agree it needs to be more obvious or apparent, but it's already possible without a camera.

• Emzlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can already, I don't have a camera and I can still screen-share.

• Zeryther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lmao I submitted this before I knew that you don't need a camera.

so please stop upvoting this xD

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base