How can we improve Discord?

make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

2,602 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Floofy Snoot 🐾 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

155 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lighthammer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the servers I run, I dont like the idea of being "above" someone unless I need to take on a moderation role with said individual.

As such, I dislike the idea of having the crown appear in these use cases.

• Liggliluff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can already do that by simply creating a role with admin permission and it being hoisted. It doesn't need to be assigned to anyone, it just has to exist. Just make sure to place it at the top so no one can gain it in some way.

But of course, having a server toggle to do disable the crown without a dead role would be nice too.

• BloodMalice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just stupid to have to exploit a workaround to remove it when it should simply be toggleable. There are plenty of owners out there that want equal treatment amongst their staff and would rather avoid disproportionate attention of PMs and pings from patrons.

• ShayBox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can disable the crown by making a role, that has the ADMINISTATOR permission that is also "hoisted" (the display toggle), nobody needs to have the role, it just needs to exist.
    Reasoning: That permission basically creates multiple owners thus you don't want to show just the one.

• Kincaide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted because I don't like having a crown on a server where no one is supposed to be hoisted

• Vaati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the crown for me on other servers. It seems to be a bit hit or miss. I think it has to do with the creation date? Anyways consistency would be nice to add.

• Raterix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not annoying for me and I want it on all the time. I would prefer a server setting to disable people who are on "default", but I want a way to force it on my client to see the "creator" of a server.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps allow people to disable this feature as it can be annoying to people, I know a lot of people who weren't happy of the change, so maybe allow us to toggle it!

• Ben R4mZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this for reasons related to my friends and I love to change each other's nicknames but there is no way to allow people to change the name of the server owner, (me).
    It would be nice to allow this kind of functionality but add a layer of protection of accidentally clicking it and only admins can change it or it's permission specific stuff like that.

• Roadhog360 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently saw the new owner crown feature. I liked this and not having to have a role 'Owner' and I could just be on the list of admins with a tiny crown.
    Why does having an admin role remove the crown now? I want my crown back so I don't need to appear above my admins to show that I am owner.
    The crown should also appear in chat, and not just the list. (Also configurable)

• IsTethys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure why this would be a thing but I do like better customization options so a vote from me!

• Nomad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did they make it complicated instead of making it easy to toggle? Server owner =/= admin. I want to be able to have admins but also show who owns the server. They tried too hard on a simple concept.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base