How can we improve Discord?

make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

1,444 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Floofy Snoot 🐾 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

137 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nomad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did they make it complicated instead of making it easy to toggle? Server owner =/= admin. I want to be able to have admins but also show who owns the server. They tried too hard on a simple concept.

• Shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really do not want this crown, I don't want the server to have any visible owner. Do I need to create a new account to stand in as a false owner to get around this?

• Btkelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I was thinking, like the new update that shows the star by server owners names, that there should be a option for the server owner to turn off or on for that? Or do the same for the people with administrator perm, or just put a star by the role of administrator perm and when you hover over it it says Administrator or something that the server owner can turn on or not.

• Smeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice that the Crown on server owners to have an option to toggle it on and off.
    For servers with the theme of palace etc where there r "kings" and "queens" it would look cool when they r admin roles that appear separate from other members and u can make the cornw appear on the server owner "the king".

• RompelStompel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with you that this needs to be adressed urgently. Not everyone wants members to know that they are server owners, therefore we need the ability to enable / disable the Crown

• ❄Blue❄ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of giving people admin perms to remove the crown, can there be a button where you can remove it or not? People who run big servers would like to have crown without having to remove the power off of people.

• Hankypoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As some may know recently there was a little crown added to the admin's name in servers to distinguish them from the rabble in the server because after all he is the king. And for some people it stayed for a few days then it was changed so that you'd have to disable all the roles' separations from the rest of the members (aka. the "Display role members separately from online members" option) and doing that just makes everything an unappealing to the eye mess. So I think It might be a good idea to make the little crown just a toggle on/off thing and I've seen other ideas with similar goals.

• Cec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even so, it should just be a straight setting, not some buried toggle.

• netkeeper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i dont even know HOW do make crown on myself HOW DO YOU DO IT THERE'S NO SETTING IT ISN'T ANYWHERE!!!!! is this crown a myth? i can't find it HOW DO YOU MAKE ONE ON YOURSELF?

• Ty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it be able to be toggled in server settings, I personally would like to have it but I know some people definitely do not want it, as many servers have several owners that are equal and do not want one to be set apart from The rest.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base