How can we improve Discord?

make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

4,743 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Snoot 🐾 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

174 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anomaly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good to have that. It's small addition and we don't need to create Administrator roles and change over the settings of the server.

• Token Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Solution:
    Create a role with the Administrator permission, also give that role hoist (a.k.a display seperately)
    Thats it, you do not have to give that role to anyone, it just has to exist.You don't have to give any existing role that permission, or give the newly created role to anyone. it just has to exist. everyone can be equal if that's what you're worried about.

• BigMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously this was a dumb idea. It is essentially just a visual role to flex on. I want to be able to turn it off without making a role work around.

• Zandrae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still isn't fixed. I prefer to sit in with the rest of the mods not be separated.

• MAXimized commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I co-own a server with a friend, but only I get the crown. We're really strict about trying to equalize authority, and a great way to do it is to not have separate roles that show "Admin" and "Member." It makes everyone feel like we're all equal. The crown that I have next to my name isn't really helping, though, and we'd love to be able to toggle it off.

• Fecks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Firstly, having to use a workaround is dumb. Second, it seems the workaround doesn't even work for me.

• evøy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can disable the crown by giving your role "administrator" permissions and it'll automatically go.

• ifunny.co commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us, the server owners, disable that annoying crown because 1. We want equality with our members and 2. It looks ugly. I know we can 'hide' it by adding a role with admin permissions and display it seperately from online members, but what if we don't want to do that at all?

• witchy bat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMO if you are going to use some kind of visual display for the owner, the admins should get one too, since in a lot of servers they do just as much as if not more work than the owner does (in my experience at least). Give them a thing or make the crown toggleable.

• ECC9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this really good idea. I hope Discord will add it with the next update.

• Akumu_Kitsune_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is there not just a toggle in the server settings if they want the owner crown or not? I don't understand what was the point of the admin role work around as just having a toggle makes a lot more sense to me

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base