How can we improve Discord?

make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

3,953 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Snoot 🐾 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

173 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BigMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously this was a dumb idea. It is essentially just a visual role to flex on. I want to be able to turn it off without making a role work around.

• Zandrae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still isn't fixed. I prefer to sit in with the rest of the mods not be separated.

• MAXimized commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I co-own a server with a friend, but only I get the crown. We're really strict about trying to equalize authority, and a great way to do it is to not have separate roles that show "Admin" and "Member." It makes everyone feel like we're all equal. The crown that I have next to my name isn't really helping, though, and we'd love to be able to toggle it off.

• Fecks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Firstly, having to use a workaround is dumb. Second, it seems the workaround doesn't even work for me.

• evøy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can disable the crown by giving your role "administrator" permissions and it'll automatically go.

• ifunny.co commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us, the server owners, disable that annoying crown because 1. We want equality with our members and 2. It looks ugly. I know we can 'hide' it by adding a role with admin permissions and display it seperately from online members, but what if we don't want to do that at all?

• witchy bat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMO if you are going to use some kind of visual display for the owner, the admins should get one too, since in a lot of servers they do just as much as if not more work than the owner does (in my experience at least). Give them a thing or make the crown toggleable.

• ECC9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this really good idea. I hope Discord will add it with the next update.

• Akumu_Kitsune_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is there not just a toggle in the server settings if they want the owner crown or not? I don't understand what was the point of the admin role work around as just having a toggle makes a lot more sense to me

• Lighthammer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the servers I run, I dont like the idea of being "above" someone unless I need to take on a moderation role with said individual.

As such, I dislike the idea of having the crown appear in these use cases.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base