How can we improve Discord?

make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

5,266 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Spotlight 🐾 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SirFluff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually the crown is already toggleable. You just have to switch off the "Administrator" permission for every role. It would be more nice just to have a toggle button.

• Numcelot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way the crown icon works at the moment is confusing and frustrating. Simple as.

Solution:
    Have the crown icon be Toggle-able at all times for the server owner, regardless of whether there are admins. Roles are a good indicator, however, we all know we want that shiny crown ;)
    Also, many servers have a joint ownership, could there be a fix for this?

• Liggliluff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a server, you can create a role and give it admin. You don't have to give anyone the role. This should remove the crown.

In a group, it doesn't seem to be able to disable it.

• Snarr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey everybody,

I have a great idea regarding the improvements introduced.

A fascinating idea that takes into account all the other suggestions is that you could set in the server setting a setting whether this well-known crown should be displayed next to the server owner or not.
    Many would prefer this solution because I know that once the crown disappears, it will be missed by server owners.

Thank you very much for the possibility of the improvement proposal!

Best regards,
    Snarr

• Snarr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey everybody,

I have a great idea regarding the improvements introduced.

A fascinating idea that takes into account all the other suggestions is that you could set in the server setting a setting whether this well-known crown should be displayed next to the server owner or not.
    Many would prefer this solution because I know that once the crown disappears, it will be missed by server owners.

Thank you very much for the possibility of the improvement proposal!

Best regards,
    Snarr

• nostring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd would be nice that you can toggle the Crown Icon in the Server Settings of the server you own.

• Anomaly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good to have that. It's small addition and we don't need to create Administrator roles and change over the settings of the server.

• Token Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Solution:
    Create a role with the Administrator permission, also give that role hoist (a.k.a display seperately)
    Thats it, you do not have to give that role to anyone, it just has to exist.You don't have to give any existing role that permission, or give the newly created role to anyone. it just has to exist. everyone can be equal if that's what you're worried about.

• BigMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously this was a dumb idea. It is essentially just a visual role to flex on. I want to be able to turn it off without making a role work around.

• Zandrae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still isn't fixed. I prefer to sit in with the rest of the mods not be separated.

• MAXimized commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I co-own a server with a friend, but only I get the crown. We're really strict about trying to equalize authority, and a great way to do it is to not have separate roles that show "Admin" and "Member." It makes everyone feel like we're all equal. The crown that I have next to my name isn't really helping, though, and we'd love to be able to toggle it off.

• Fecks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Firstly, having to use a workaround is dumb. Second, it seems the workaround doesn't even work for me.

• evøy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can disable the crown by giving your role "administrator" permissions and it'll automatically go.

• ifunny.co commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us, the server owners, disable that annoying crown because 1. We want equality with our members and 2. It looks ugly. I know we can 'hide' it by adding a role with admin permissions and display it seperately from online members, but what if we don't want to do that at all?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base