How can we improve Discord?

The ability to listen and play things at the same time.

If you are playing a game but also listening to Spotify you should be able to have your status as "Listening to Spotify while playing (Insert title of game)" A lot of people play video games while playing Spotify so I'm sure a lot of people would love for this to be implemented.

4,228 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

124 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Elavic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interested in seeing how Discord would implement this feature and not have it look wack. Voted!

• it's cold, hold me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to have multiple statuses displayed at once, i.e "Playing Rainbow Six: Siege and listening to Spotify." Instead of the "playing" status overruling the "listening" status, their appearance would be independent of each other.

• Onegen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

Altho not sure how it would be done, the title cannot be that long to say 'Playng <game> and listening to Spotify'... That's just...not right. That would look just bad.
    As a service for gamers, the tab should prefer Games over Music, just as it does now. Maybe just adding the 'Listening to Spotify' only to the profile-tab-thing (when you click the avatar)? There's no room in the main status...

• Deku ♡ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem I see with this is that its bloaty. If the game has rich presence, and Spotify does too, it just creates a giant open tab of text.

• Rj137 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When playing a game and listening to spotify at the same time, it could display what game and what the person is listening to, with the option to give priority to the games or spotify so it shows "listening to spotify" or "playing <game>"

• Rj137 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When playing a game and listening to spotify at the same time, it could display what game and what the person is listening to, with the option to give priority to the games or spotify so it shows "listening to spotify" or "playing <game>"

• AlpacaPacino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get it. Does it matter if you're playing a game and listening to music? Sounds dumb. Added functionality is more important. Not bloat with irrelevant information that no one cares about.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show what game you're playing and what you're listening to on spotify at the same time. Right now it only shows your game although many of us listen to music whilst we game. Would be nice to show how cool you are listening to Jazz whilst playing Minecraft.

• Arthur | Avocadosuppe🥑 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a big problem with my Status, because I do multiple actions at once, for example: I listen to Spotify and playing a game at once, but Discord choose just one of them as my status.
    Now there is something like that: "Listening to Spotify" and not this "Playing Overwatch"
    I want this: As status there stands: "Playing Overwatch". And when I click on that profile I want to read this: "Playing Overwatch while listening to spotify"

• cat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this as an optional toggle of what you would prefer being dominant.

• Synapse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

amazing idea, id love to see this happen of course with some tweaks and optimization

• The Irritable Medic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That'd be nice, especially if other audio players are options. I play Tales of Maj'eyal with my local music player, MusicBee.

• Ignis_Lucina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great. I also suggested this to Discord's twitter too.

Like:
    Playing <insert game here> while,
    Listening to Spotify.
    <Song info here>.

• NapsterGastly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't really like how when you're playing a game, but also listening to music on Spotify, it only lists one thing; either Playing <game> or Listening To Spotify.
    What I'm suggesting is to have an option for when you're playing a game while also listening to your tunes, it would say "Playing <game> While Listening To Spotify, or something along those lines. It would still act the same as Spotify's rich presence, but with the game on top (I wish I could show you what I mean, but I suck at making things like this on Paint 3D, plus I don't have Photoshop). Not sure how other rich presences would work with this though, but I hope you can make it work.
    This would be awesome to add for people like me who listen to music while playing games. Hope you can add this!

• Weidmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have the option to listen to spotify with a friend while playing a game, since currently if you have the option to listen to music at the same time with a friend but when you start playing a game this option disables, it would be a good idea to you could do both at the same time

• DSync commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I think Discord should display the max of 2 status and hide the others within the user card.
    The 2 status should appear like:
    "Playing <Overwatch, for example>"
    "Listening <to Spotify, for example>"

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base