How can we improve Discord?

Netflix Integration

Netflix Integration

With the new release of the Spotify integration I was thinking of having the same thing with Netflix. It would be cool to show friends and people what you are watching in the moment. This could also not just be limited to Netflix. You could take this one step farther and add Hulu, HBO and many more.

It would/could look something close like this:
https://i.imgur.com/9FOH6VL.jpg

It would also help some people discover need tv shows/movies they would have never expected to watch be discovered through friends.
Something cool to think about.

5,675 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Temple shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

168 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SturdyStubs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only issue with adding Hulu and many more services if they add Netflix is the competition. I’m sure Netflix isn’t going to want to partner with a company who is going to add integration from competing services.

• Ange! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love that to happen as I've been watching more of netflix recently and though about sharing what I watch.

• Lyric 🌹 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be really cool. If there was also a way for those who have a Netflix subscription to join in and watch Netflix with another user via Discord, that would be awesome. Discord is designed for gamers and communication, but not everybody uses it for that. Some people don't play games and they just use Discord to talk and whatnot. I would just really like to see Netflix integration and being able to watch with friends on Discord.

• Xensez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As for spoilers, This is why we have the "Do not Disturb" feature as an online status.

• silent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I remember Xbox 360 used to have the Netflix watch party thing a long time ago

• Onegen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord is communication program designed for players. It you're adding to the Spotify feature, I can't imagine a gamer with no good taste of music (that's just my bubble but whatever). When I'm not playng games, I'm listening to music... Music and gaming seem inseparable to me, altho tat's a little too much, I know.
    I really don't believe that movies have that much with gaming, as it has with music. Also the spoilers as said, but mostly, I find it kindda useless. I mean, people on same servers know what you're watching. And so what now? Spotify has the *listening togather thing*, this really give me no social value to be added to discord.

And, if you want it, there is discord-netflix available on GitHub. I am not sure if I'm allowed to post links, just search for 'netflix rich presence' or 'discord-netflix github' in your preferred search engine.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base