How can we improve Discord?

Netflix Integration

Netflix Integration

With the new release of the Spotify integration I was thinking of having the same thing with Netflix. It would be cool to show friends and people what you are watching in the moment. This could also not just be limited to Netflix. You could take this one step farther and add Hulu, HBO and many more.

It would/could look something close like this:
https://i.imgur.com/9FOH6VL.jpg

It would also help some people discover need tv shows/movies they would have never expected to watch be discovered through friends.
Something cool to think about.

515 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Temple shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MarcFryd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be cool but that mean you'll need a discord chrome/Firefox extension or a netflix app on pc

but i really like the idea

• AWT BlindLee Q commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have an idea about account connections ! what about adding Netflix to Discord so you can share what are you watching with other people

• Farrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be cool, only issue is the fact that movies and TV shows are geographically restricted by country. That means only people from the UK can watch together and only people from the US can watch together etc.

• tjhrulz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly I would even just love an API for any player or community member to go even better than rich presence can do and have a full listening to/watching API (Then things like watching on twitch or youtube could be done too).

• Post commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could see something like this purely for services online like YouTube, CrunchyRoll, etc. but never for Netflix. People already think netflix has huge security issues, and with one of the recent hacks revealing information about entire families of people in LA, I don't think this is happening, even though someone did recently make a Netflix API.

• Clacion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to link our streaming accounts so people can see what were watching (like the Spotify thing)

• Mxdanger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although this is only possible if Netflix has an api that Discord can use.

• Artemis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing, but Netflix would have to have an application wouldn't it?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base