How can we improve Discord?

Netflix Integration

Netflix Integration

With the new release of the Spotify integration I was thinking of having the same thing with Netflix. It would be cool to show friends and people what you are watching in the moment. This could also not just be limited to Netflix. You could take this one step farther and add Hulu, HBO and many more.

It would/could look something close like this:
https://i.imgur.com/9FOH6VL.jpg

It would also help some people discover need tv shows/movies they would have never expected to watch be discovered through friends.
Something cool to think about.

4,865 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Temple shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

151 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • silent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I remember Xbox 360 used to have the Netflix watch party thing a long time ago

• Onegen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord is communication program designed for players. It you're adding to the Spotify feature, I can't imagine a gamer with no good taste of music (that's just my bubble but whatever). When I'm not playng games, I'm listening to music... Music and gaming seem inseparable to me, altho tat's a little too much, I know.
    I really don't believe that movies have that much with gaming, as it has with music. Also the spoilers as said, but mostly, I find it kindda useless. I mean, people on same servers know what you're watching. And so what now? Spotify has the *listening togather thing*, this really give me no social value to be added to discord.

And, if you want it, there is discord-netflix available on GitHub. I am not sure if I'm allowed to post links, just search for 'netflix rich presence' or 'discord-netflix github' in your preferred search engine.

• steel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems useless, but we have spotify, which is equally useless. So why not? (If netflix does it)

Also I agree with the post below about spoilers, so now it's a bad idea.

• Warrlinty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main problem with this is, if you're watching a series, trolls could send you messages containing spoilers and ruin the entire show for you.

• Temple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To clear some things up, I know discord can't force Netflix to do this, I made this post before I knew that. I consider well educated about this now, thank you.

• AllThoughts 3rased commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord can't do this, netflix has to do it. Stop adding suggestions for rich presence as discord can not do it. Only netflix can.

• Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello !

It may be a good idea yes! After that is really essential? To have...

I'm voting for.

• PaperBag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would basically be an invitation for my friends to send me spoilers. Sorry but no thanks.

• Orno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As if we need Discord violating our privacy and taking up more resources than it already does..

NAY!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base