How can we improve Discord?

Dear Discord,

Out of the many service platforms that I have used for gaming and social media, I have never encountered one with an hour cooldown for avatar and name changes. Many services allow infinite changes, which I personally support. Even if, for some unlikely reason, you've determined that a limit is necessary, I ask that you change the time to something less ridiculous than an hour.
Many people change their avatar images because compared to other platforms like Steam, discords avatar image review system is mediocre at best. That, in combination with your outstandingly high cooldown, has pissed off many of your users, including myself.

1,067 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kasterborous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

80 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Landynplayz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is pissing me off! i was trying to get a picture that looked good for my PFP and it won't change at all and now i am stuck with a piece of crap picture.

• Baul Beenis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone who's saying "why do you need to change it so often" are really obnoxious and dense.
    That doesn't really matter, why would they need to add a limit? For what purpose? Most people are very particular with things like profiles, locking someone out of changing their own personal settings is ridiculous. I changed my picture twice because the image wasnt centered properly and now I have to wait an hour to fix it. Just twice!

• jessie j commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please for the love of fucking god. im an artist and a perfectionist and it usually takes me like 10+ changes before its finally Perfect, which takes about 3 hours with this goddamned cooldown.

• falugger1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the people who ask why we need to change our pfp that many times, its because discord's preview for the pfp you are uploading is misleading by showing you a larger and more detailed version of what will actually be displayed. I ran into this problem for the first time when I was making a new pfp and had trouble seeing any of it even though it was a minimalist design.

• Star Luna Kitsube commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you absolutely MUST have a cool down, make it something reasonable! Five minutes, MAXIMUM! Like, I don’t want to have to wait an HOUR because I accidentally screwed up and put a screenshot of a conversation as my pfp. Just no

• TheNeonSquirrel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i create emotes sub badges and logos for people, i need to fit the logo correctly in the discord avatar so it took me a couple changes to figure how it looked i finanly got it and going to send it to the person and now i cant change my avatar.....

• Legosavant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@kernal korn
    yes, there is almost no reason for people to constantly change their avatar
    the only reason why it would make sense to do that is if someone positioned it wrong, but isnt there a preview to prevent that?

• Shadow_Quill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm pretty sure the hour cooldown is only enforced if you've changed account settings very quickly in a small amount of time. Nobody really needs to change a pfp 20 times in 5 minutes.

• Just Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, thank you. I was trying to fix my avatar how I wanted it and now it won't let me change it once I found the right angle and such. An hour is just stupid. And to the people saying there's no need to excessively change your picture, what's the need of a cool down?

• Xyrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't matter if there isn't a GOOD reason/necessity to change your avatar a zillion times, its the fact that the user has the ability to. Unless there is some discord breaking reason behind the limit then the limit isn't necessary either. Shoo you edgelords, shoo. No one asked you to comment about the need to change avatars.

• FatherFatality commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I cant properly view each size and position of the photo im using, especially if Im Nitro, I expect infinate changes allowed. This is quite confusing what this limit is for.

• The Mortyest Morty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hate the cooldown time for avatar changes, mostly because I am a real stickler about the EXACT right positioning of a photo and wind up having to fix it several times before it aligns properly. I really think that the cooldown time should be gotten rid of or at least dropped to 5 minutes. It's ridiculous.

• カーネル コルン (Kernel Korn) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no real reason why you should be changing your profile picture every hour.
    Just be patient, you can change it later.

And if this makes you very angry, I think something else is pissing you off.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base