How can we improve Discord?

Optionally display users timezone/current time on the account tab

Giving users the option to display their current time somewhere on their profile would making organizing events as well as general chatter much easier on large servers with people from across the world!

2,383 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Flaz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Duckles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as many people said, by default off and turn it on optionally, otherwise, definitely useful, especially for moderator applications because they can see who will be awake during what hours to make sure a mod or 2 can be online all the time

• Izaak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make it depending on server, otherwise no, some server I don’t trust with my timezone.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support, but this should be turned off by default for old users.

• AghiTron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a good idea, but have it by default off and be able to turn it on depending on server, for example, I'm in one server where I'd trust the people with my timezone, even country, but for some other servers I wouldn't.

• RadiantDarkBlaze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Cwingelewd, I think this is something that a user could choose to hide from others if they were worried about privacy or doxxing.

• Dark man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to add onto while you do that have it so if someone is on a phone a icon pops up showing a phone and if they are on a laptop have it pop up for that to like Google hangouts

• kasai yuppa alt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a option to do something like display timezones in brackets next to the current time would be a nice thing to make planning a lot easier

• Jarbles05 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES.
    I have so many friends that are in different time zones, and instead of remembering them based on their person, it would be great to have it conveniently listed there.

• Red Rax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree. Additional suggestions for the feature:
    -it could show both the the recipient's and the sender's local time zone.
    -It could be toggle-able by the server's owner
    -there could be options for whether or not to display you local time, whether to display other's local time, or neither (this can be server-dependent or overall)

• catherinekdong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love this as a new feature, as long as I could toggle it off for certain servers when I don't want to give away geographical information. One of the current servers I'm in has a whole set of roles dedicated to GMT+/- times, so it's definitely a useful feature!

• Push commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea server time / current user time in chat.

flags were really nice from the TS era

like if the server is in CEST and i log in just has 0 Somwhere visable next to my name.
    But if a friend that lives in Ukraine or Usa logs in it will show +2 or -6 for them

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base