How can we improve Discord?

Way to save and switch profiles quickly

My little brother always logs me out of my own profile and uses his own, and it sometimes just annoys me to login again. There should a list of saved profiles in the login screen, so that when you click it, it automatically logs you in to that profile.

433 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ale shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • oliverysfx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this won't be safe as if someone has access to your computer, they can log in as you, I think instead it brings you to a page to key in your password. This will be better.

• Master♒le commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be nice but then what about the security of your account ? (i don't know) but what about that the email gets saved so you don't have to type that back in and just type in the password ?

• Benzine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Rosalie This is a really cool idea, I like that. Keeping the nitro subscription across all account would be nice indeed.

• Rosalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If discord has any concern with people evading blocks and harassment, perhaps a system like some other sites use could work? Where multiple profiles are connected to one account/sign in (which would let nitro users still get their moneys worth), but the profiles are totally separate entities otherwise, and they can be switched between easily. And then if someone is blocked, their *entire account* is blocked, meaning none of the other profiles can be used to get around that.

• Legosavant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you could always make him sign out of the computer instead and have him sign into his account

• JennyMcClay35 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I think we should have more then one account logged in at the same time so you don't have to log out and log in another each time

• Aesub Hop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@tree Discord bans via IPs, and if there is a feature like this it wouldn't allow the second one to join.

• tree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would encourage Alt account use, which is a bad thing when talking about bans, kicks and bot-game abuse. If this is going to be implemented, it shouldn't allow the alt account to be signed in on the same server, this would make moderation too difficult.

• ItsBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So my idea is that you could be signed into multiple accounts so you can easily switch between accounts.

It could look something like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/QVbCCI8.png

It would for example help people who want to join servers on a different account because they don't want their friends to find out.

• Blazoredflame commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! We could definitely have a feature like this for mobile, the computer app, and browser at the same time.

• Blazoredflame commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible to log into any and all accounts that you have depending on if you have multiple accounts, and be able to switch to them or log off of them at anytime (Similar to G+/Google Plus)

• zeta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voting for this. With more teams and informal networks beginning to use Discord, I'd like to keep my tangentially-touching-irl Discord (etc Discord Channels where I may make professional connections) apart from my digital-life Discord (no one needs to see how many nights of didn't sleep, meme'd my way into the night icons/display names).

(Is there a way to merge multiple requests? I'm seeing many requests for multiple account switching, ex:
    https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/19540864-log-into-multiple-accounts-at-once)

• ×~Nifidel~× commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super helpful because I need to be switching accounts frequently due to bot stuff/server things.

• D0cR3d commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@jecket - Having an alt isn't against the rules. Using an alt to evade a ban from someplace you aren't wanted is against the rules.

• Chap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I don't use my other accounts often, no, but it'd be wonderful if Discord integrated a system where you could just create a list of accounts, by logging in with them, of course, in order to verify that it's really you, and then just be able to easily switch! That'd just be amazing.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base