How can we improve Discord?

Way to save and switch profiles quickly

My little brother always logs me out of my own profile and uses his own, and it sometimes just annoys me to login again. There should a list of saved profiles in the login screen, so that when you click it, it automatically logs you in to that profile.

1,294 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ale shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

50 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Maxio68 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this, however, you should still have to log out to switch accounts.

• Layarion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted, and to all of the nay sayers: you shouldn't punish the end user for the server owners lack of ability, and bots can quickly switch without this feature...

so if you think not having this "slows them down" then you should stop talking about things you have no clue about.

• Guramba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea. I have a personal server, and a work/professional server. I would love to see logins be server specific along the left side, instead of logging in/out of the entire application. This way I can be in multiple servers at once, with different profiles, and engage with all these users at the same time. Thank you!

• FarZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No... This gives raiders with VPNs easier access to their alt accounts for them to harass people and servers. It takes less than 30 seconds to login with your email and password - that's not a big deal.

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well bascily like twitter you hold the house button and you can switch between accounts if you got more than one i'd like that somwhere in discord insted for logging out and in all the time its kinda annoying.

• PootOS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a good idea, but it shouldnt just automatically log you into that profile, because then anyone could get into your discord account and can snoop around, it should just be like googles login system, where it still requires the password but has all of the accounts that were previously logged into on this device.

• Token Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use two different discord client's, each version of the client can have a different account logged in.
    Temporary solution for anyone looking at this needing one.

• Jawz™ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This helps raiders. But to make it available generally then its better to have two factor authentication to pressure any raiders using the feature.

• LanFour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know how that feels, but I recommend everyone with this same problem to use a password manager, (just Google it) This will solve this problem not only in Discord.

• Overlord_Mercy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I approve of this suggestion as well. I use two accounts, anonymity you know, and would love the ability to switch accounts at will.

• Zaryaman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Twitterのアカウント切り替えの仕様をDiscordにも追加してほしい。

I would like you to add Twitter account switching specification to Discord.

2. Windows版で起動時に毎回メールアドレスとパスワードを入力する仕様を改善してほしい。

I want you to improve the specification that inputs email address and password every time when Windows Discord app Is started.

• An_on commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some ppl are mentioning that 2 accounts in one place is security iffy - it would be simple nice if you can choose whether it requires password or not to re-enter - the OP obviously trusts his bro that they won't go about their account, but someone might not want their sibling to even accidentally look at something they were looking at (you know.... reasons)

• oliverysfx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this won't be safe as if someone has access to your computer, they can log in as you, I think instead it brings you to a page to key in your password. This will be better.

• Master♒le commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be nice but then what about the security of your account ? (i don't know) but what about that the email gets saved so you don't have to type that back in and just type in the password ?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base