How can we improve Discord?

Volume sliders for separate Discord functions

There would be an "Audio Tab" in User Settings where you could turn notification and chat volume up or down with separate sliders, like so:

Notifications
----------O-----------
Voice Channel Volume
-----------------O----

This would help so that instead of turning each individual user's volume up to 200%, we could turn all users up with one slider and still have notifications at a reasonable volume, without having to mess with the actual computer's volume mixer all the time.

112 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bigegg | Aardvark17 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CloudMaker97 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voice Channel Volume dont need a extra slider in my opinion cause you have your master volume for seperate users. But a notifications volume master as feature seems useful!

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. I have voice set at a good volume then someone will initiate a direct call with me in the middle of a game and it will start blaring and literally drown out everything so I can't hear the game or other people.

• Anubis_mage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its already displayed in the volume mixer but without the name tag it just says discord twice

• Yuno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is sooo useful, because Im always in a chat with like 8 people and they're all usually playing a game that they tend to get really loud over, and if Im playing a different game (perhaps a more quiet one), and still want to talk to them then it gets difficult because everyone is loud. But at other times they could all be rather quiet, playing a less "yell-y" game. A chat-channel volume slider would be perfect: they play loud game- I turn them all down with one swipe. They play quiet game- I turn them all up in one swipe

• figgyc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you can actually turn up the voice volume to 200% but if you want it to be stacked then it would have to go up to 400
    but yeah notification volume would be nice

Feedback and Knowledge Base