How can we improve Discord?

ps4

make it so we can connect our ps4 accounts to our discord profiles! i want people to see what games i’m playing on ps4

2,105 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

deena shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

98 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Noxillio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a good suggestion if it was possible. Sony doesn't have an API available for Discord to implement this with.

• NickPDX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You shouldn't be submitting this to Discord, but to Sony instead. There's no API that Sony gives to allow this, and Sony would have to code a new API and send out a console updat.e

• Amnezix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to enjoy quality sound in our cross platform games

• BarterClub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is on Sony. They are very closed on who is allowed to use there data. Remember cross play with Nintendo. "We have to protect our clients and kids."

• ⚡Qricke⚡ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that would be hella dope I wish you can link your psn account to discord this way my friends will know when I'm playing and when im playing not only this but there should also be a discord application on ps4 this way we can chat with people on other consoles such as xbox or pc.

• Evil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be cool if we got the connection that xbox has but for playstation, and nintendo. I don't have an xbox but I play my playstation almost everyday so it would be nice to see which of my friends are playing on their playstation over discord without having to turn on my ps4

• TheRebelliousINFP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use Discord's basic chat functionality on PS4 though, you just have to use the enter button instead of R2 to send texts. Also, voice chat and video chat doesn't work there.

• assupewd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And before you guys say "OMG SONY IS STUPID AND WONT ALLOW IT CUZ XBOX IS IN IT", crossplay is a different thing, Discord is not a game and it is available for Phone and PC (Plus PS4 Remote Play is a thing so yeah), not Xbox or Nintendo Switch.

Sony is not lazy.

• assupewd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So a few days ago, I decided to link some website accounts to Discord when auddenly I got the idea of linking your PSN account to Discord.

Allowing this may let other players know what game you are playing (Fortnite, Detroit: Become Human, etc) and take a look at your PSN profile, and of course, you can disable it so other people cannot see what you are playing.

And a quick thing, I have used Discord since 2015 on 4 different accounts because of forgotten passwords, so I am pretty much OG and I am requesting this because you guys did it with Xbox so why not with Playstation?

To link your PSN to Discord, you will have to do it like any other link account thingy, you get redirected to the Sony website then you have to login then it will send a notification to your PS if you would like to link Discord to your PSN account. (If your PS4 is not booted up then the wensite would tell you to turn on your PS4 and the notification will be there.

I am choosing PS4 because PS3 itaelf is outdated and old, with many features starting to die out and it even got discontinued on Japan which is the reason you would need a PS4 to do this, I am not saying that PS3 but it is just outdated and already dead.

I hope the Discord team reads this, ever since I clicked the Discord icon for first time it changed my life forever, thank you for making this app! :smile:

• SyntaxPrime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problem is this requires Sony to partner with Discord and add integration themselves which is something Sony have been unwilling to do in the past, while I'm for the Discord - Playstation integration, I don't think Sony will be willing. Fortnite is an example of how unwilling Sony is to allow cross-platform partnerships with anything.

• Jreynosa123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just like Xbox we should be able to connect our Playstation Network account for the connections.

• Thelojack74 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes i have been a fan of discord since it started and i would definitely like a playstation connections

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base