How can we improve Discord?

Track who joined through what invite.

Raids happen all the time. Public Discord server owners and staff team members know this. Sometimes raiders join from advertisements, and sometimes they are invited from users in the server. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see where these raiders joined from?

I would like a feature that would allow us to see what users joined on each invite, along with other sources, like the widget.

The way I imagine this to function would be that people with the permission may go into the instant invites page, then click on the invite that they wish to see who joined from it. List the users in pages of 10 users per page, which then can be flipped, sorting by who joined first as a descending list.

This feature would really help rid servers of raiders, and prevent further raids from happening. People who hide in servers just to invite raiders will then begin to think twice about inviting their friends to raid.

I know many people would like this idea implemented, so please share this around so that Discord becomes aware of this, and they realize that it's an essential feature to keep the platform safe.

This idea has been talked about every now and then. Let's make sure they listen this time.

2,264 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Keleno shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As with my suggestion, bots can easily do this, but we're asking for NATIVE SUPPORT here. Cool, bots can do it, so? What about it? Add a useless bot for one feature just for a simple thing discord can add itself? No, this is for discord itself suggestions, not "I'm looking for a bot that does x", thanks appreciate ya.

• Nico123o commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, as the others said, i think there's already ways to do this, but I do think this is cool if it is made by Discord themselves, as it'd be more official - You have my vote. :)

• Ankial commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dude there is a bot called "INVITE MANAGER" you can set it all up and the bot will tell you who got invited to the server and by whoms invite did they came from. disregard this suggestion lol, the things discord don't have. the bots have them

• Lord Mathias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is certainly a useful feature, but not one that can't already be done through the use of bots, I believe there are already some bots that can do this sort of thing, and it isn't that hard to custom code either. It'd be nice to see this in Discord however, through the members tab, as it would certainly make things a lot easier.

• Yonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea. It wouldn't mess with anyone's security. it would (or should) say something like "JohnDoe#6734 joined from invite link ______ made by JaneDoe#7898" and only owners/ people with the admin role would see it. and anyone else that might have the perm

• Frostfire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean, if getting raided is a problem, why don't you have a membership role that needs to be given to newcomers before they have access to anything aside from a very basic channel that people with the membership role can't even see unless they're admins? This just sounds like lazy permission handling.

• Cam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already a feature on discord's not api
    you can use a bot like inviter to check

• Thrash476 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be a thing, it would allow us to track down were raiders are getting in. and make our servers a better place.

• RadiantDarkBlaze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Treadlight How in the world is tracking who joined a server through which invite to the server "one of the most heinous ethics violations on the internet"? I don't see any way that this idea could *possibly* endanger *anyone's* personal security. It's literally just a counter-measure against raids. If you're going to make a claim like that, back it up. Tell us how this idea would endanger anyone's personal security. Otherwise, if you don't back up the claim you're making to give others a place to start looking into it themselves and seeing why this is a bad idea; to be completely honest you just look insanely paranoid. As of time of posting this reply comment, I still think that this idea is a good idea that will provide a decent counter-measure against raids.

• Treadlight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could vote _against_ this, I would. I work very hard to maintain my own personal security, I'm not about to advocate for something that would enable one of the most heinous ethics violations on the internet to suddenly become ubiquitous on my favorite VoIP software!

• vsonyp0wer.xyz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be usefull as people are trying to frame me for a server raid, kid has a 800 member server and blames me that i raided it with a bot hack just cause i got into a little fight with him over being better in a game.

• B1N4RY! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add on, a way to organize invites by being able to name them too. e.g.: "Twitter Bio Link"

• Escanor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have created a bot that does that if you interested hit me up on discord
    Escanor#0001

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base