How can we improve Discord?

Toggle the offline member list

I understand that this was just reverted from only being toggled off if a server has 100+ members. But please let us be able to toggle it off. It lags mobile clients, and completely hard crashes it most of the time. It also really slows performance on desktop as well. Even having an option in the server menu to hide it for yourself would be great. Just something.

476 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tombstone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DeSinc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah my server has 30,000 people in it and the offline list is still not hidden... what's the god damn limit, 50,000!??! lol. let me turn it off, jees

• Linkaito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support totally your idea. The new system need to be improved and fixed. (Some members without color name in chat)

• Mattari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to have the ability to choose whether or not the server shows offline members, especially when it can make scrolling through long member lists harder with offline visible.

• SoftyTitanium commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have liked to see an option to turn on or off the offline rank! Right now you need 100+ or 50+ members to disable the offline rank?

• Sexy Zombie Roo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With my server at just under 3,000, I absolutely hate how the offline list looks. It just looks so unorganized with the offline members visible.

• Lynette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please for the love of god make the offline people not show again! It makes the list way too long and I dont want my members to be able to see all of that. Not happy about this update. Or if anything make it an option in the settings to show the offline or not.

• facade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also makes the scrollbar super tiny when you have a server with 1000+ members, making it hard to scroll through the list.

• Endus322 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the Desktop App, on the right side where all players are listed, you can now see all offline players (even with 100+ because of update)

Since my server has a lot of players, I often need to scroll down fast using the small bar at the very far right. The problem is sometimes I cant find it, or simply cant click it.

The small bar to quickly navigate through the players list is a little, TOO small. It would be nice if it contrasted a little bit more, or if the width of it was around double. Currently its a struggle to move it using a mouse.

Thank you, Endus322

• Ad4ms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont understand this change, from the UX point of view its a mess. I dont care about offline users, im looking for a people that are online and not playing anything or playing the game that i want to play. From a moderation point of view i was still able to see user list in Server Settings->Members, so this is an excuse.

• Solo🍍 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On larger servers, whenever you go to add a role for the permissions of a channel, Discord forces you to load the entire members list along with it. On a server with 50,000 people, this takes 10-20 seconds on pc and crashes on mobile.

When you are trying to quickly fix channels, or set them up for the first time this becomes extremely frustrating.

Something along the lines of toggling off that section would be amazing. Possibly by default, it would only pop up with the roles at first unless you checked a box that loaded members list as well?

• mickzerofive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MY OCD is in over-drive. why oh why did you turn this on. please hide my offline users over 800 lags my computer, fucks my eyes and i track new users to my channel who are typically down the bottom of my scroll bar and now they are in the middle/close to the top which is just so annoying to find everytime. i know it's a change you most recently made but PLEASE let me turn this off you are killing me slowly

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base