How can we improve Discord?

Toggle the offline member list

I understand that this was just reverted from only being toggled off if a server has 100+ members. But please let us be able to toggle it off. It lags mobile clients, and completely hard crashes it most of the time. It also really slows performance on desktop as well. Even having an option in the server menu to hide it for yourself would be great. Just something.

1,904 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tombstone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DylanIninf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I believe we should be able to toggle it on and off at the server members tab any time you would like. I am the CEO of a company and we would like for the new people to think we "Have more meat on our bones" because they will go to another place if they are not on the list.

• Noah F. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I believe we should be able to toggle it on and off at discord upon achieving 100+ members.

• Jimpix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know it may still have the lag, but possibly give us the option to toggle it back on even if a server has 100+ members.

• Nico123o commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been wanting this for so damn long. Please!!!!

You have my vote, if you couldn't tell already. :)

• Token Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does not cause lag, as when they released the update that un-hid it they did so because they changed it so only the visible portion is ever loaded, causes no extra lag.

• longbyte1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The member list is a virtual list - it's not all loaded at the same time. It only loads the visible portion.

• JeyVDW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey,
    Ich würde eine Option für jeden Server-Inhaber in den Einstellungen machen, wo mann dies umstellen kann.
    LG

• Ankial commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, i don't want offline members to show. GIVE US TOGGLE OPTION !!!

• Panossa(YT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! We have 10k+ users and are getting reports that the client lags when users click on our server ._.

• SyntaxPrime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreeing with this simply because, back when offline members were hidden, it made things look a lot cleaner - and also it gave me the ability to hide my custom bots from the member list. Perhaps allow us to toggle the feature when our servers reach 100+ members, to kind of keep that number as a sort of milestone.

• MΔИՄΣL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still think this other suggestion is the most complete and appropriate one: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/33454960-make-offline-user-list-configurable

But anyway, just allow us to hide that list already, it's pissing me off every day. It makes the scroll bar ridiculously tiny for no reason. We also have an entry channel where users need to type a bot command to access the rest of the server, many don't do it so abandoned accounts get accumulated there, and now every time a new user joins the server they see a dozen members online and hundreds offline and think the server is dead when the actual users are in the hidden channels. Even when pruning the server the numbers are never favorable.

In any case, what's even the use in showing people the offline list? I don't get it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base