How can we improve Discord?

Video Call Focus and Layout Features

I have a group of 7 people that we play d&d with and we're trying to make an overlay that works well for streaming. We want to be able to see everyone's face at once, and discord is the only app that seems to do that, except the malware infested Skype. We want to use discord, but the layout can be rather static and uncustomizable. We were wondering if we could have a few quality of life features added so we can use discord as our primary app for communication.

- The ability to move the current callers' windows around as you please.
- Having them in the same position for all callers.
- Remembering the positions they were set in on previous calls.
- Being able to set the Focus option to focus latest participant.

Just one of these features could solve a lot of problems for us that we've been experiencing and we'd love to hear your feedback! Thanks!

29 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

cambriheed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Monroe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconded!

I've started streaming a campaign and any kind of solution except the current would help. The resizing / repositioning of individual users' streams would be ideal, but other, seemingly simpler option would be to revamp the fullscreen mode so it actually makes sense.

Divide the available screen space between the number of callers (or the next even number) creating slots, put one cam in each slot, give the option to fill or fit each slot with the cam stream.

• bcase3389 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Were playing a The Strange campaign and having the same issue. Agree this would be beneficial. I actually assumed it was a setting somewhere and found this looking for settings information.

• Molly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play in a Star Wars RPG and we are having the same issue. We have 5 people (including the GM) so one person's cam is much larger than everyone else's... if it were automatically the GM I would have no qualms, but that's not the case. Basically, the ability to customize who gets the largest spot would be very nice.

• denoflions commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of these features is what keeps our D&D group on the old version of Skype. +1

Feedback and Knowledge Base