How can we improve Discord?

rainbow

basically if the user buys nitro they can make their name rainbow *color changeing* in any server that supports it *they can turn it on and off in server settings*i think it would be cool if u do add it and wonna hmu disc is togglekid#6705 also the user that has the rainbow can disable it so the server dosent have too if they wonna be lame and stuffs kthxbai

1,762 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

togglekid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

173 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Norachu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please no, unless individual users have the option to toggle it off. This is a seizure and migraine trigger.

• DualBlue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would slow the server down. Instead, maybe roles with multiple colours, so you could switch role colour in the middle of the role name. Here's an example with cmd colour codes:
    §1Own§9er

That would have 2 shades of blue.

• McDonaldTrump commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A better suggestion would be to make rainbow roles so that the server owner can chose who gets rainbow and who doesn't. If people get annoyed by it, it's the server owner's fault

• Faded Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am HATING this color changing thing, it really hurts my eyes and it f**ks up people who use colors as a way to navigate roles

• Regis l> commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't mind some RGB, given this comes with an off/on button. For you to not see anyone rainbow and on if you want to see it.

• Wordblood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Matheus_ Native features can be built far more efficiently. To make it happen with bots you have to hammer the API with frequent server-side updates to a role's color, but if the devs wanted to build it in they could do something like add a "rainbow" flag to roles that tells the client to ignore the role color and cycle the name through a rainbow of colors. Extra load on the servers would be next to nothing, and it's not much to ask of the client, either.

It can be done. Whether it *should* be done is another question (personally, not a fan, and IMO there are better places for the devs to spend their time).

• Matheus_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, changing colors are against the Discord API because it makes the servers slow, and it is not necessary, because the benefits of Discord Nitro are enough.

• Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello !

In itself the idea is not bad! But, there will be confusion with the role colors on the servers! So no it is not valid.

• Vysion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's just plain distracting, and the way you wrote it sounds like you don't even know what you're talking about. So, no.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base