How can we improve Discord?

rainbow

basically if the user buys nitro they can make their name rainbow *color changeing* in any server that supports it *they can turn it on and off in server settings*i think it would be cool if u do add it and wonna hmu disc is togglekid#6705 also the user that has the rainbow can disable it so the server dosent have too if they wonna be lame and stuffs kthxbai

836 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

togglekid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

122 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it is added, make it by default turned off to help with epilepsy and such.

• The One Eyed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm personally in agreement with Marcus on this one.

"Fucking no, not everyone supports gay people and we shouldn't be forced to get our computers spammed with Javascript changing colors like each second for you to enjoy it.
    Discord is not a game.

There are 2 ways for Discord to do it :
    Client side - fucks our computers by setInterval function
    Server side - fucks the servers by making them send different colors each second to multiple users and they won't chose server side ofc

so NO."

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fucking no, not everyone supports gay people and we shouldn't be forced to get our computers spammed with Javascript changing colors like each second for you to enjoy it.
    Discord is not a game.

There are 2 ways for Discord to do it :
    Client side - fucks our computers by setInterval function
    Server side - fucks the servers by making them send different colors each second to multiple users and they won't chose server side ofc

so NO.

• Hendeka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer this feature to not be for Profiles but at least an easier way to change text color in chat

• PЦZZᄂΣD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or just the ability to have a colour changing role that you can change the interval of the change and the colours. I have nitro so i geuss it would slao be cool to see it be a nitro only thing

• MrHacker499 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im sure that i wont be selected. If bot is no. Its API abusing. If its nature by Discord 35.5% selected. It will make people having alot of lag

• ThumpingHawk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just about to post asking for this. This could really expand the look and feel of servers. I'm currently an admin for a large-scale gaming server and I am constantly getting feedback from users on how cool the server looks with all the different roles, threads, animated emotes. Incorporating a multi-color role system with existing features (did I mention leveling system bots, music bots, and moderation bots?) could contribute to making a server more interactive. I'm excited to see what the Discord team can do with this, and how the community could run with it.

• nua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you explain in detail what you mean? Don't think i quite follow you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base