How can we improve Discord?

Stereo Audio for audio sharing (& adding audio sharing to 'Your Entire Screen' option)

After requesting audio sharing to discord it was implemented, and its great! But it is lacking a few features that would make it fantastic.
-Stereo audio
-Audio sharing when sharing entire screen

The audio is forced to mono when audio sharing, stereo is better in every way, and you could even make stereo a Nitro feature if you wanted. (But a free option would be awesome)

Right now you have to only share a specific 'Application Window' to share audio, and this does not allow people to see layered windows within software (main examples are when working on music the person cannot see VST windows) or right-click context menus

So a stereo audio setting and a way to select what audio source you want to share when sharing your entire screen would be fantastic, maybe even an option to share an entire audio output without looping the discord audio back through (like skype can do).

331 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Protostar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Canaday11 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jennifer Canaday After been in pain and sorrow for over 7years it was Dr JOHN that cured me from Hepatitis B Virus, I got infected with Hepatitis B Disease in 2010 and I have visited several herbalists, spiritualists and pastors for cure me but all was in avail, my world was gradually coming to an end until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal medicine from Africa who have and herbal medicine to cure all kinds of deadly diseases including HERPES ,WALTER,HIV AIDS, ALS, HPV, MND, Epilepsy, Leukemia, Asthma, Cancer, Ghonorhea,Hepatitis B etc, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbalist via his email, (drjohnhivcurehome@gmail.com) he prepared a herbal medicine portion and sent it to me via DHL Delivery when i received this herbal medicine portion, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was cured of this deadly disease within 2 weeks, I am now Hepatitis B Negative. all thanks to Dr JOHN Contact this great herbalist called Dr JOHN his email:(drjohnhivcurehome@gmail.com) OR whats-app +2347064365391

• B4shful commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to save on bandwidth, this feature could be off by default - users who don't need it or don't know the difference will not be affected and won't use extra bandwidth unless they turn it on

• R3BBiT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love for this to be added into the client! For someone who frequently likes to share what one is doing (such as producing or videos on YT) it is a very nice and handy tool to have available.

• DVNU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use only discord and I already deleted skype. and I need this feature like everyone here please implement this ;)

• Colox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want this to be able to show off music and such to friends in calls

• RichardCaddock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a super productive idea. It would let Discord expand the use of the platform for many types of business and creative people alike!

• cr0w commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need this. Could make collaborating 10x easier too!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base