Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dyslexic and Visually Impaired Accessibility

Add options for custom fonts, colors, sizes, etc. for those who need easier visual access. I am dyslexic and cannot use the desktop app because of the font style. The most I can do is zoom in on my system to make the entire application bigger, but that doesn't help much at all. I would also like to add a colorblind mode to make the app more accessible to those who are colorblind (this especially is an issue with the online status bubbles), as well as a custom background color option. I have several friends who need to use the…

7,545 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

551 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggle the offline member list

I understand that this was just reverted from only being toggled off if a server has 100+ members. But please let us be able to toggle it off. It lags mobile clients, and completely hard crashes it most of the time. It also really slows performance on desktop as well. Even having an option in the server menu to hide it for yourself would be great. Just something.

1,334 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

4,386 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

175 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Netflix Integration

Netflix Integration

With the new release of the Spotify integration I was thinking of having the same thing with Netflix. It would be cool to show friends and people what you are watching in the moment. This could also not just be limited to Netflix. You could take this one step farther and add Hulu, HBO and many more.

It would/could look something close like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/9FOH6VL.jpg

It would also help some people discover need tv shows/movies they would have never expected to watch be discovered through friends.
    Something cool to think about.

4,291 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. games tab

Let us choose what games to display in the games tab, and options to see only friends activity rather than server members' activity

149 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add StreamLabs OBS to StreamerMode app detection

StreamLabs has now partnered with OBS so there is now a StreamLabs OBS release, and it would be nice if that could get also detected by Discord and turn on Streamer Mode automatically.

1,639 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. theme

Colored Themes - Colored Themes would be nice as people who don't like the normal dark grey or bright white. To start off, a red, green, and blurple theme would be nice - then, (mabye a month later or so) add in purple, blue, and pink themes - then yellow, cyan, etc.
    Would just be a nice feature to have, y'know?
    Also, FULL BODY THEMES - Light theme should cover all of discord, not just the chat.

126 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3D Model Preview (.stl, .obj, .fbx, etc.)

Recently a lot of new in-chat preview features have been added (audio file, video, etc.) and I would love to be able to preview 3D models such as .stl, .obj, and .fbx files. As a game developer and 3D printing enthusiast, being able to send a model to a friend and letting them drag it around and look at it would be a godsend.

97 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Discord Orange

There is a dark Discord interface and a light Discord interface currently.

A close friend of mine recently suggested that an orange interface should be added as a third option -- Discord Orange.

Orange is a much better color than the current dull and boring options we have right now. It's been psychologically proven to get people excited and hyped, a feeling that I think really resonates with Discord.

So as such, I think that Discord Orange should be added to Discord. Thank you.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to turn off loading screen quotes

This really is a first-world problem, but the number 1 complaint I see and have about discord is the loading screen quotes. It's more than often the kind of humour most of us wish to avoid and we kindly ask if we could have an option to turn the quotes off when logging in. Thank you!

1,787 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

186 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Compact Mode for Server icons

Currently there is the ability to toggle compact mode for messages, which removes user avatars and spaces messages in servers closer together.

For the sidebar, there is no such feature. For those who are in many discords, scrolling through individual servers can be a pain given the size of the server avatars on the sidebar. Having the ability to minimize these, allowing for quicker scrolling between servers, would be a nice to have feature. More than likely, less unread messages, as well as ping notifications, would be off screen, allowing for easier access to relevant servers.

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Built in Pronoun tags

It’d be nice to have a built in system for users to indicate their pronouns in a way that doesn’t require every server admin to set up specific roles to do the task.

Ideally this would be a text field not a drop down, to allow for people to use singular they or neopronouns.

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
    > Categories
    -channels
    >Sub-Categories
    -channels
    (apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

4,096 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

199 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Classification and Grouping of Servers in a Tab/Folder Style

Simply put, it would be awesome to have the ability to classify anb group servers with some way to manage them.

Thinking like a pop-out style folder system on the left where servers normally go in a tab style. Then notifications for servers in a tab not expanded could then show up on the tab, and when you expand it you can see further in. Also having an option to toggle which servers in a tab sort of... pop-out when the tab is not expanded to show it has unread things.

To explain, picture this.

You have servers for friends,…

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mute symbol should look different when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves.

Why does the mute symbol look the same when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves? Many times now I've muted a user some other day, don't remember it, join a channel where he is and I just think he's muted himself and I probably talk over him.

4,121 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Admin Icon - Give Admins a better way to identify themselves

The idea is that admins could have a small bubble (an icon) added to their profile picture (or name, for the compact view) to quickly display that this user is an admin, withing the actual chat without looking at the member list.

The bubble could be either a custom picture in a very small resolution (hence it being an icon) or a preset (colors, forms, e.t.c.) which can be activated or deactivated for the server. It could be displayed either at the top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right of the profile picture.

I ever felt like it…

8,207 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

153 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Direct Message Organization System

Please implement a system where Direct Messages (DMs), with other users and groups of users, can be organized/categorized.

Some ideas of potential organization/categorization features are:
    - the ability to categorize DMs in customizable groups, i.e. groups based on relationship (friends, coworkers, guildmates) or games
    - the ability to pin certain DMs/group DMs to the top of the list/category
    - color coding for DMs
    - the ability to archive certain DMs
    - the ability to consolidate separate group DMs with the same members
    - the ability to sort DMs using methods besides chronology (i.e. alphabetical, number of members, number of messages) …

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make a distinct difference between i and l

There is no difference between a capital i and a lower case l.

For those of us who do trading regular on Discord, this is important and our names are being impostered.

My discord name is Chloe and someone is able to have the same numbers + look like they are Chloe also with a capital i as they look exactly the same.

To some this may not seem important, but to those of us in the trading world who use discord regularly for it, it's extremely important. Please considering updating your uppercase i to not look like a lowercase…

104 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatic width for context menus

Make an automatic width for context menus (like in Chrome — https://i.imgur.com/h1cXgXy.png). It is valuable for languages other than English because we have lengthy translations and many of them shown like "tex…".

Example (local CSS modification using DevTools): https://i.imgur.com/mRXcVYL.gif (max width is 300px, the minimum is the current width of context menus — 170px; some things still need to be changed in the code)

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Collapsing the roles of the user in the profile to the server and collapsing the categories of the role in the list of participants

Large servers may have many roles and may not fit in the user profile, and there is no way to collapse a specific role category in the list of members.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 114 115
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base