Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep @someone

I get that @someone was just a joke for April Fools, but I think it would be cool as a permanent thing.

5,828 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

246 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full markdown support

I want full markdown support. This includes Headers, quotes, and possibly all the fancy charts and stuff. It would allow for better messages. Not to mention, bots could do a lot more with markdown.

3,720 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

165 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add /lenny

We have /shrug, but why we don't have /lenny?

566 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nicknames in Group Chats

Let us be able to have nicknames in group chats.
    For example, maybe you want to have a different name in that group chat because people there call you something different to what other people call you. This would come in handy as that just fixes that problem right there.

140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Epilepsy-users support

Hello guys i got friend that is sick on Epilepsy and he is getting harmed very easily by flashy / fast moving emotes so my suggestion is adding a option that blocks flashy emotes /makes animated emotes black or something like that. Thanks for reading!! < 3

242 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Prevent the text from being copied

My idea is to add the Discord some kind of chat rooms or an option which will prevent the text from being copied. This is great for those guys who are engaged in creativity, or, like me - translating articles. And unfortunately I see how some unscrupulous players lay out my articles as their own.

96 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ditch (edited), add a little asterisk by the timestamp

Anyone should be able to see whether messages have been edited, but the (edited) is really hard to miss. If you'd like to edit a joke to be funnier or fix a typo to not seem sloppy, the (edited) is added to make sure you can't pull it off. It ruins the magic.

So why not put it with the part of the message people do ignore ?
    Last Tuesday at 2:28 AM*

This uses an asterisk that serves the same purpose, and lets the user keep their blissful ignorance. We don't want to be reminded of the process that…

71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search for users in the reactions list

I currently own a server with 6,575 members, which is discord partnered and sometimes we do competitions where when reacting to messages users may win a prize (usually giveaways). As a result, we usually get hundreds of reactions almost instantaneously, and it becomes a tedious job to search through the reaction lists to find a user.

I propose for a search feature in the reactions list for a message to be added, to allow users to search for users who have reacted to a post. It would be really helpful, and maybe have it similar to the general text chat…

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. cross server messeging

Cross-Server Text chat

This will allow Allied servers to share a text chat channel!
    Where I send another discord channel owner a link, and he sends me a link, and we are able to embed the link to a certain text channel. That way, if I type in my "across-server-general" text channel, him and everyone in his discord can see it show up on his text channel that has an embedded link. I would like to do this with 3 other discord owners that we have alliances with. That way We can link multiple discord text channels into 1 common…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Verified marks for default emojis

when you hover over an emoji, we have no idea whether it's an official emoji from you beautiful people working to keep discord alive, so we think that default emojis should get a verified mark next to the name when you hover over it, so custom emojis from servers would not have that mark.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Edit pinned messages

Edit pinned messages directly from the Pinned Message Window, without having to scroll back up in message history to when the message was originally sent.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Font colors

I'd like to be able to type in different font colors. It'd make using multiple charcters easier and it'd be a lot easier to keep track of my posts in a busy channel. Thanks!

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rework /me command

Currently, the /me command exists but only changes your text to be italic, which you can easily do without the command and renders the command useless

I think changing the command so it works similarly to the "new member" messages would help bring life to the command.

For example: "/me [action]" simply outputs "[username] [action]" on one line, similarly to how the "new member" messages are structured.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. put the message boundaries back or so help me

The faint lines between people's messages should be put back, it looks unorganised without them!

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Color palettes

Hello, I have a suggestion that I think would be really nice. The thing would be to put a colour picker right next to the emoji picker so that we could write in any couleur we want. This would make Discord very bright and colourful! I hope you find my suggestion interesting!

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable servers to purchase more emote slots

Many discord servers are popular and quickly reach the 50 emote cap. it should be possible to pay money for more emote slots. Discord gets financially supported, and the server now has more slots to use. This would be easy to implement and all parties benefit.

121 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hide custom server emojis

If you are in a lot of servers and you go into the emoji menu, you have to scroll past many custom server emojis until you reach the discord emojis. Allow hiding server emojis.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Message deleting

Whatever conversations you may be having, every one of us has come to the moment where we wish we could delete messages. Not one by one, but in mass. Not only your messages but the other person's too. Most messaging apps have this feature and I think it would be one that is beneficial to add for users. Currently the only way to get rid of messages is to block someone which is a pain.

Give a warning that the messages won't be able to be recovered and you're set.

1,228 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Message Seen

It would be really helpful if they implemented a feature where it would show if the person that you messaged has seen or hasn't seen your message.

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting annoyed or people are mad at me, so it would be really nice if this was added to Discord.

It's basically the same as messenger, it shows you that the person has seen the message and the time when they have seen the message, it's veryyy helpful for letting you know if the person that has seen the message is annoying you or just doesn't have time…

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Free Gif Emotes

Since gif emotes are now a thing, it would be great if people that don't have nitro can have at least 5 gif emotes for their server, it would good because some people can't buy nitro and come on, pay for gif emotes? I think gif emotes should be free or at least have 5 gif emotes in a server.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 112 113
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base