Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep @someone

I get that @someone was just a joke for April Fools, but I think it would be cool as a permanent thing.

4,106 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

198 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full markdown support

I want full markdown support. This includes Headers, quotes, and possibly all the fancy charts and stuff. It would allow for better messages. Not to mention, bots could do a lot more with markdown.

2,765 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Prevent the text from being copied

My idea is to add the Discord some kind of chat rooms or an option which will prevent the text from being copied. This is great for those guys who are engaged in creativity, or, like me - translating articles. And unfortunately I see how some unscrupulous players lay out my articles as their own.

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add /lenny

We have /shrug, but why we don't have /lenny?

125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Epilepsy-users support

Hello guys i got friend that is sick on Epilepsy and he is getting harmed very easily by flashy / fast moving emotes so my suggestion is adding a option that blocks flashy emotes /makes animated emotes black or something like that. Thanks for reading!! < 3

110 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search for users in the reactions list

I currently own a server with 6,575 members, which is discord partnered and sometimes we do competitions where when reacting to messages users may win a prize (usually giveaways). As a result, we usually get hundreds of reactions almost instantaneously, and it becomes a tedious job to search through the reaction lists to find a user.

I propose for a search feature in the reactions list for a message to be added, to allow users to search for users who have reacted to a post. It would be really helpful, and maybe have it similar to the general text chat…

84 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Giraffe emoji campaign

Good morning,

I am here to campaign for the implementation of the giraffe emoji on the Discord platform. I have seen several other threads about adding an emoji, but it said that Twitter didn't support it, however, Twitter does have the giraffe emoji (https://github.com/twitter/twemoji/commit/55443d4b393cfe8e5a8dfc967663f1e899f9c3f6) which leads me to wonder if there is some sort of discrimination of giraffes occurring here.

I hope many will back this cause as it is very important to me and I have very strong feelings for adding the giraffe emoji.

Thank you for reading and I hope you will add the giraffe emoji…

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ditch (edited), add a little asterisk by the timestamp

Anyone should be able to see whether messages have been edited, but the (edited) is really hard to miss. If you'd like to edit a joke to be funnier or fix a typo to not seem sloppy, the (edited) is added to make sure you can't pull it off. It ruins the magic.

So why not put it with the part of the message people do ignore ?
    Last Tuesday at 2:28 AM*

This uses an asterisk that serves the same purpose, and lets the user keep their blissful ignorance. We don't want to be reminded of the process that…

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Message deleting

Whatever conversations you may be having, every one of us has come to the moment where we wish we could delete messages. Not one by one, but in mass. Not only your messages but the other person's too. Most messaging apps have this feature and I think it would be one that is beneficial to add for users. Currently the only way to get rid of messages is to block someone which is a pain.

Give a warning that the messages won't be able to be recovered and you're set.

1,030 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. bad use of emotes servers

I would like to give some suggestions about an issue that has bothered me since a lot of time, and it could bring problems to discord due to the nature of the problem.
    Constantly I found some discords servers with 2000/20000 members or more where there are a massive quantity of stolen content which I can easily identify, this content belongs to twitch and their partners, and i’m one of them,
    The point is that the discord users pay nitro to use the emotes of every server where they are freely in all discord, but what is the problem? The…

126 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable servers to purchase more emote slots

Many discord servers are popular and quickly reach the 50 emote cap. it should be possible to pay money for more emote slots. Discord gets financially supported, and the server now has more slots to use. This would be easy to implement and all parties benefit.

88 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sub-categories

Being able to create sub-categories inside an already existing category.
    For example :

You got a category called "games" with the sub-categories Shooters and strategy, inside those sub-categories voice and text channels can be put to make the server more organised.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Blocking of text chat.

We are all faced with inadequate people.And to limit them from the rest, I would like to have a text chat lock.There is a voice chat lock, but that's not enough.Please pay attention to the introduction of this function. It is very necessary.I think this function can be entered as the privilege of moderating the server.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Update Discords Source Emojis to Twemoji 11.0

Yesterday, Twemoji 11.0 was released. It has a lot more emojis compared to Twemoji 2.2, which I think Discord currently uses (due to the lack of the starstruck emoji), Twemoji 11.0 has a LOT more (157 I think it said?) emojis to use and express ourselves with.

[https://blog.emojipedia.org/twemoji-11-0-emoji-changelog/]

Also, they added a bagel emoji. A BAGEL!

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Clear Messages

Able to clear messages in the channel without using bots or without any certain time period restriction to the chats that we are going to be deleting it. Example: Clear Channel All Chats, Clear Channel <How Many> Chats. Maybe a function or something like that would help. I would like to clear some old messages without deleting the channel.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Send images in the order they were uploaded

Currently, when uploading multiple images at once, Discord will send the messages in the order that they finish uploading instead of the order that they were sent, i.e. if an image sent later is smaller and gets uploaded quicker, it will be posted *before* the image(s) that were sent before it, but haven't finished uploading.
    Instead uploads should be queued so that they send in the correct order

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Gifs for Non Nitro Members please

It would be nice to have GIFS for people who do not own Nitro Like FPS is understandable but Please Give the Non Nitro People Free Use of GIFS Vote Please Everyone I don't think people would want to pay to use a GIF

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate colored text into Discord (and possibly even colors for the background)

I believe integrating colored text into Discord would be a nice touch.

We could do it with formats like /color=0xabcd text or <color=0xabcd>text</color> (HTML-style) to add colors to the text we type in chat.

Of course, people who don't want hex codes could use simple codes like <color=red>text</color> or /color=red.

You could even not even need to do that; just put a menu at the beginning of the chat message of what color you want the text to be.

Of course, you wouldn't ever need to put it; not putting a color code would just result in the normal gray…

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show how messages were edited

If a person were to edit a message sent in text chat, there should be a way in which we can view the unedited message

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base