Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Priority Speaker for Voice Activity input mode

Priority Speaker is great feature but being limited by being only usable in push to talk mode
    Adding a keybind for it to work in Voice Activity mode would be allow people would be able to take full advantage of the feature

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transmitting Alert

A kind of alert to let you know you're not transmitting. I find it very frustrating muting my mic and not knowing if it is muted or not while in game. This alert would be sort of a *beep* to let you know you are muted/not transmitting. This would be great for users that play fullscreen games and don't have the ability to check if they are muted in discord or not.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. API For Setting User Volume

It would be great having API to set another user's volume level, such as from a bot. This would be awesome for implementing such systems such as proximity sounds, depending on where a player is located in a game.

Example information flow: Location from game > send information to bot > bot decides what to set a user's volume level to.

I'm sure this could be used for a variety of other purposes too.

144 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Voice Kick

An option for mods to force-disconnect users from the voice chat would be very nice. Basically a 'kick from voice' option because currently the only way to remove people from the voice chat is to delete the channel they are in.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please improve TTS for mute users like me.

I was born mute and usually communicate by ASL or by writing, It's quite a struggle at times so I was happy to see discord has added a TTS function, but it seems like it could use a lot of work.

Many servers disable it entirely, (especially large servers) shutting me out from communication due to the fact everyone on the server can hear (and abuse) it. I feel it should be a lot more limited in its scope, perhaps to only broadcasting to users in the same voice chat instead of the entire server or channel.

For visually impaired…

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Connecting to multiple voice channels

Connecting to multiple voice channels at once would be a nice feature.

Example:
    In about a months time im going to an online racing event, where we are 40 teams competing. We will all have our own Voice Channel in a Discord server, so we can talk together within the team.
    There will also be a race director, lets say there is a big crash or someone is getting a penalty. It would be easier to just connect to all channels and say; "Caution through Turn 11, Turn 12 and Turn 14. Debris and oil on track". Than having to…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Priority Speaker For Voice activation

As the title says, rather than being limited to push-to-talk. Lets have a priority speak for those who prefer to use voice activation. (Only to those roles with the priority switch ON)

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New Keybinds and Functions to Manage Large-Group Voice Comms

Discord is now the king of VOIP services for gamers, but in moving forward we’ve lost some very useful tools for managing voice communications of large groups. Some minor features would make Discord the obvious choice of any group size for voice comms. Potential features include:

- Keybind and new permission to mute everyone else in the current voice channel
    - Hotkey / keybind to switch between specific voice channels in your current server.
    - Hotkey / keybind to push-to-talk into another specific voice-channel channel without moving into it (or hearing anything back). Recipients in the receiving channel would hear…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change private call server region

We are not able to change the server region in Private calls, which leads to a laggy call because Discord chooses a server that is not in your country.

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. test account

You should be able to direct call/video chat with a test account hosted by discord to make sure your video/audio is working.

Similiar to how echo123 works for Skype.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shout/Whisper Feature

I know that this is not the first time you guys are hearing about a request to add a “shout” or “whisper” feature; wherein, players could be in different voice channels, but use a *different* push-to-talk button to communicate with other, toggleable channels... obviously, a “trigger sound” would help make sure people who hear this “shout/whisper” would know it wasn’t from anyone in their current channel.

This feature is available in TeamSpeak, Ventrillo, and other similar VoIP mediums.

Let me give you an example of why it would/could be important:
    You’ve got a large, open environment in <insert game name…

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Public Voice channel guider (<)

So this idea might have already been suggested but in discord servers you can guide new members to a nee text channel using #channel. I would like that to be a feature for voice channels in discord servers using <channel.

Why are you using < for the channel guider?
    Because I think it has the same features as a audio symbol that we all know and love.

Why do you want it to be integrated into discord?
    Because there are many new discord members that do not know how to use discord server voice calls and the new server members…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. voice channel prompt

Allow the user to toggle an on/off option for voice channel confirmation, such that they're asked "You're about to join a voice channel, do you want to proceed?" I find myself regularly miss clicking and joining a voice channel. Would be nice to have an opt-in prompt for those clumsy among us.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Voice chat color

let SERVER voice Channels have different colors, like I can have a Voice chat for VIP thats GOLD and the Everyone can be light blue! (The text and the little Speaker icon changes or had options)

-MajorGaming on YouTube!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. `Push To Talk` hotkey to work if the microphone is muted.

Add a hotkey for `Push To Talk` if the microphone is muted and the deafen is not enabled. For `Voice Activity`.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide user name on channel

I am making a discord channel for Dayz or SCUm or other survival games . But what i want to make is people can join a channel ,but if they didnt join the channel , they cant see who is in the voice chat channel.

I mean lets assume there is a b c in discord server

A and b joined voice channel called #duo squad

A and b can see each other’s nick name but
    C cant see who is in the #duo squad
    Becuz he didnt joined the voice chat channel

Plz make this function for me

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. voice-to-text

A suggestion to improve accesibility for deaf people: implement a voice-to-text transcription function like Youtube's automatic closed captions. We (deaf ppl) can already talk through the mic while playing, but the ones who we are talking with still have to write if they want to answer us, and a function like that would be a huge aid for us. It wouldn't be perfect but if we ask the people playing with us to speak clearly it should work fine.

96 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add server region in Turkey

I think it would be nice if you expanded the server regions by adding a Turkey region because very low for latency.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A "push to enable voice activation temporarily" feature, like Halo 2 used to have

In Halo 2, you would push a button a single time, essentially to activate Voice Activation, and then you could speak indefinitely, and when it detected silence, it would turn off Voice Activation until you hit the button again.

Step by step, it worked this way:

1. Press the assigned button/key
    2. Voice Activation is now enabled
    3. Talk
    4. Once you stop talking for X seconds, Voice Activation is disabled.

This way you do not have to hold a push-to-talk key.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Discord Nitro users be able to choose their ringtone.

I believe Discord Nitro users should be able to select their own ringtone that all people hear when the user calls them. However to combat people making annoying ringtones, normal users can toggle custom ringtones on and off for each individual or toggle them all at once.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base