Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API For Setting User Volume

It would be great having API to set another user's volume level, such as from a bot. This would be awesome for implementing such systems such as proximity sounds, depending on where a player is located in a game.

Example information flow: Location from game > send information to bot > bot decides what to set a user's volume level to.

I'm sure this could be used for a variety of other purposes too.

78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Public Voice channel guider (<)

So this idea might have already been suggested but in discord servers you can guide new members to a nee text channel using #channel. I would like that to be a feature for voice channels in discord servers using <channel.

Why are you using < for the channel guider?
    Because I think it has the same features as a audio symbol that we all know and love.

Why do you want it to be integrated into discord?
    Because there are many new discord members that do not know how to use discord server voice calls and the new server members…

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use PS4 party notifactions style as an overlay option

Use PS4 party notifactions style as an overlay option

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cross Channel Communication

Good Day!

New feature suggestions - cross channel communications like in Mumble.

What is Cross Channel Communication? Ex: some specific users with special permissions (could be a tag like "Squad Leader") can say something using a hotkey such as an important message and all other voice channels can hear it.

This is a very useful feature in MMOs games, especially for larger guilds and alliances with multiple voice channels! This makes for great communication and team work.

Currently a lot of us are force to use other communication apps like mumble and TS for this feature. It would be awesome…

660 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. voice-to-text

A suggestion to improve accesibility for deaf people: implement a voice-to-text transcription function like Youtube's automatic closed captions. We (deaf ppl) can already talk through the mic while playing, but the ones who we are talking with still have to write if they want to answer us, and a function like that would be a huge aid for us. It wouldn't be perfect but if we ask the people playing with us to speak clearly it should work fine.

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio orientation in game

Add an option to synchronize Audio of your Voice Chat with your game which you are playing.

For exemple, you are in a Minecraft UHC Game. If a player come to you from behind, you can really hear him come from behind if he talks. Also we can hear his voice louder and louder.

Gif exemple from the MumbleLink mod for Minecraft :
    https://goo.gl/XPua7t

78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. higher volume

The max you can do to increase volume is 200%, it would be nice if it could be higher, as some people are extremely quiet.
    It should be in a tab under the normal bar, once you hit 200%
    So people dont accidentally slide all the way to the right and get deaf.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Xbox One App Improvements

Please allow the Xbox One App to talk on the voice channels with pc players! When I am on xbox playing, there is no reason to use discord then if i cant talk on voice channels with my friends that play pc -.-

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tag voice chat

Maybe have a #[voice chat] just like we have with text channels. This # could make people join the voice channel when clicked. It would be easier to create bots and configure them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Real Room Experience

Display voice channels as a square representing a 2D space (instead of a list), with user icons indicating where each user may be "standing" in that space. Use the Pythagorean equation to calculate relative volumes depending on how far users are from each other.This would let users "stand" next to people they want to focus on listening to while being able to hear others in the background. You can then drag your icon to closer to someone else to raise their audio.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Able to change / customize call sounds - like ringtones

What would be great if you can change the calling sound when someone calls you on Discord - able on the app, mobile, etc. It would be nice to customize it. People may not like the original sound, and it is an original idea!

Heres how it may work - you can do it by putting an MP3, or a youtube link, or something else. Example: Whenever someone calls you, it can play as a kahoot theme (chosen example) by making another option in settings, "Change Call Sound" by putting in a youtube link or MP3, etc. and when you…

270 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple User Select

The ability to shift click users when moving people from channels. So you are able to move multiple users at once from one Voice Chat to another.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open Mic and Push To Talk at Same Time

The ability to have two different teams on two different channels; both channels are open mic so players can freely talk to their own teams, but push to talk to communicate to the other team.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Toggle to Disable Private Calls

Could we see a setting to be able to disable calls, so people are not able to call you through DMs? I personally get a lot of anxiety from people calling me and rather than asking every time "please don't call me", it would be easier to completely disable to option if I prefer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Voice Channels Mention

Add a #mention to voice channels would be great, as many times people don't relize the talk is about a voice channel, for example: "Join Ranked", while Ranked can be a game mode and a voice channel, a #Ranked or any other symbol to mention voice channels would be great

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Whisper

You should add functions to be able to whisper between channels as well as between users. So that you can talk to both specific people and talk to other channels. For example so you can talk with specific users or to a or a few roles, and as mentioned above to a or a few channels.
    It would be helpful for who do roleplay or for example for gaming teams or similar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 vocal chan in 1 - teamplay

My friends and I play some games in which we have to hide some informations to other (Overwatch for exemple or other like Deceit), we could play with two separated voice chan but it still cool to hear the reaction of the other team (explain how we kill him, or tell him that we don't understand why he's dead too)

That's why I have the idea of 2 in 1 voice chan, it will use the voice detection and the push-to-talk (but we probably can have 2 push to talk with 2 commands why not)

First we select who we…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ignoring groups

My friends will keep adding me to a group and spam calling me. There's no way to ignore incoming calls from a group, even if the group has already been ignored. At least add an option where you can choose to no longer be added to a group after leaving it?

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Put calls in standby mode when you are the only member

Instead of cutting calls where you're alone, discord should enter a standby mode where you rejoin when someone else calls back in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Incoming Audio volume sync

Please make an incoming audio equalizer so I don't need to keep adjusting my friends all the time.... like srsly.

I constantly find myself adjusting my friends voice levels because they are all using different mic;s with different set-ups. Please make an option that will attempt to make incoming audio the same level so that I can use this setting in conjunction with current voice levels being used to fine-tune individual users.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base