Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrict posting links

Enable/disable posting links for specific roles.

289 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow @mentions to be used only by specific roles

Right now custom roles can either be mentioned by everyone in the server, or no one at all. Having a setting to give a specific role ping access would be amazing for every discord server that uses custom roles.

Instead of having
    "Allow anyone to @mention this role"
    we could have
    "Allow <select role> to @mention this role"

This can work similar to how @here and @everyone do: If the user doesn't have access to ping @role, then a notification won't be sent and that message won't be highlighted.

This is a feature highly wanted by every Role Based Discord…

84 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Advanced role permissions

It would be cool if you would make permissions more advanced, like.

You can do @here but you can't @everyone.
    You can role someone VIP but you can't role someone Veteran.
    You can pin messages but you can't delete messages.
    You can create emojis but you can't remove any.

88 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make an ability to click on roles and check descriptions for those roles, so people have a better understanding of them.

For example, we can click on somebodys profile, and where the roles usually are, we can click on them or hover our mouse over them so a little box with a description pops up. Mobile users will have to press the roles, while PC people can hover over it. This will provide a larger opportunity for people in your discord server to understand those roles, and no confusion. Thanks; hope this gets approved!

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Role Categories or Subcategories

Having subcategories for roles would be a good idea. I'm in a discord where we constantly make useless and custom roles, and it would be nice to have subcategories for those useless and custom roles, so we don't have to constantly struggle on where to place those roles between. I think it would be a good idea to add, if we have channel categories.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Role Color Minimum Contrast Checker (WCAG 2.0 compliant)

Sources: https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20161007/visual-audio-contrast-contrast.html

https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/G18.html

The default colors provided by Discord are all well-contrasted, but clearly aren't enough for most guilds. Content accessibility is a concern of web clients, and should merit a client-side solution that doesn't require any scalable overhead.

In the role color selection palette, whenever a color is selected, add two labels which show the RELATIVE LUMINANCE (algorithm noted in the second link) of the colors, against dark and light themes respectively. These labels will warn the user if the colors do not meet the MINIMUM or ENHANCED contrast requirements. They will not prevent users from picking low-contrast colors,…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Message History more Options

Message History more Options

Not only On and Off.
    Last 24h
    Last 12h
    Last 6h
    Last 3h
    would be nice

Or an Option "can only see Messages from the last 12 hours".

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ChatMute/ SoftBan - Role Heirarchy Permissions

Currently Discord permissions work very well. They disallow users to chat when we dont want them to, and allow them when we do.

However, there is one error in the system.

If a user has a “chat mute role,” meaning a role that specifically disallows them from talking, they can still chat in one situation. If that same user has a role giving them access to a specific channel, for some reason it overrides the chat mute despite it being below the chat mute in permissions.

I believe that the highest role that a user has should dictate their permissions…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be able to edit multiple roles at once.

Please add the ability to select multiple roles and edit them all at once. Make it so there is an option to edit permissions, rearrange the order and change colours for not only one role at a time. I hope you get the idea :D

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow certain people to tag a certain role.

I think it's too general to say, "Not allow anyone to @ mention this role", when there might be certain roles that are supposed to be allowed it.

So PLEASE add a specific role feature to that permission.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More Specific Ping Permissions (and some chat moderation)

I would really like to see more specific permissions towards pings in the future. The ones I would like to see the most are:

- Roles only being able to be pinged by certain roles (that you select from a list of all the roles just like when you add roles to a member)
    - A permission similar to the Mentioning everyone permission, except for pinging individual members
    - A ping cooldown option in the server overview or moderation menu and/or a similar version for message cooldown (you can set a message cooldown for once every 3 seconds or the…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Role Gradient Color

My current idea is to be able to have the option to do a horizontal or vertical Color gradient using both presets as well as manually being able to choose two colours and having them form a gradient. Basically any sort of combination you could make with a text gradient maker like this, but for Discord.

http://patorjk.com/text-color-fader/

My personal reasoning for this is because I have a public discord server which is a mix of over 30 Patrons and 500 members. Each Patron tier has a different Color, plus a Color for a mod and admin role, and roles for…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Role Permission for using @someone.

I understand that @everyone/@here has its own permission because it tags everyone in the server, but I think it makes sense for there to be a permission to mention @someone since it's (pseudo)random. It's not like you're just trying to get a specific someone's attention, and it seems like the kind of thing that would be more used for picking giveaway winners and stuff like that (Btw, thanks for rendering one of my bot's commands useless), so most server owners wouldn't want users spamming @someone around for no reason.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mass Ping Confirmation (@everyone, @here, @x where n > admin defined threshold)

Requires confirmation of sending a ping to a large number of users. Could be an admin defined n, or percentage of server population who have that tag.

Slack has this feature:

https://twitter.com/asjonish/status/952990494149300230

77 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. role category

See since I've heard that Channel Category has been coming out and now i have seen it in Canary, i was wondering if you guys would do a Role Categories like the channels. It would be useful for a server with a big amount of roles. I haven't thought of how to do like the level of permissions like it is now but i wouldn't be surprised what you, discord devs, think of because you guys are astonishing. You guys never disappoint in what you guys do new to the servers aspect!

792 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate the Muted role

Muting members is almost universal to every Discord server with handing out punishments or mitigating arguments. Some permissions or features can stop the Muted role from working, such as if another role is allowing messages to be sent.

Adding a Muted role that is integrated and automatically overrides the sending messages permissions would be incredibly useful to server moderation.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Being able to change the name of "offline" in our servers.

I feel like it would be cool to have 100% customization of our servers, meaning if I was able to change the offline section of my server to another name to fix my overall theme.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Exclude from @everyone

@everyone sends a notification to everyone, and sometimes people in the server would get annoyed.

If an admin would be able to have a role settings that would stop people from receiving @everyone from a certain channel would be great.

For example there would be a @unsubcribe-news role where @everyone from #news would be disabled for the people who don't want get pings from there.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assign roles you have

A permission in roles that let's a member assign roles they have below that role.

Roles have a hierarchy so if role 3 has the "Assign Roles You Have" permission then any role that person has below role 3 he can assign other members to it.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Multiple roles being equal

I love how roles work in discord, but it would be nice to make multiple roles that are equal in level, very helpful to make multiple friends have their own custom role with name, and none of them being able to perm abuse the other, nor anybody complaining about them being below somebody else

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base