Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Timed mutes

Should be able to mute users direct messaging me. And it would be nice if I could do it for a period of time ie 30mins, 3hours, until 6pm etc. Facebook's Messenger application already has this feature so you can look at that as an example of how this has been implemented else where.

1,496 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

57 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to Enable/Disable Notification Coupling

Discord recently added a feature for mobile devices that makes it so that if someone messages you multiple times, you still only get one notification until you've cleared the notification, or read the message, no matter how many times they message you in between that. I propose that Discord makes that a feature that can be enabled and disabled at the user's own will.

Coupling notifications is an issue for me, because when I'm sleeping, I want to be able to be woken up if my server is being raided, and people are pinging me. One ping usually doesn't wake…

75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mute @role

Add a button to mute @role. It gets past @everyone and @here supressions and server mutes

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to disable @everyone notifications for all channels with one switch

When I log in to Discord, I have a BUNCH of notifications. Little red numbers everywhere. But none of them are really notifications. They're just people saying "@everyone".

I can turn off @everyone notifications for an individual discord. But I am on about 20 different discords. I turned off @everyone for about half of them. But I can't remember which ones I did and didn't turn @everyone off on. This means if I want to make sure they're off, I have to click all 20 discords one by one and click off @everyone for each one. That is so much…

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. mute all notifications except dms

title- i want to see this!!

109 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Preview incoming Private Messages

Add a little "chat bubble" or blurb that displays next to user profile pictures when you get a PM from them which shows a small snippet of their message to you so you can see a partial view of what they've sent to you before you even click the PM.

This is specifically handy so you don't have to click into the message when you're using your other monitor or talking in a Discord server and getting PMs - quickly see what they're regarding and choose to respond to them now or later.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Light Ping

A way to not really ping someone, but to show him that this message is for him. It can get hard to keep track of conversations, specially when you are supporting multiple people at once and they don't know which message is for them.
    Maybe by highlighting your own Name in messages?
    Or encasing the name within !

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Separate @here and @everyone permissions

Separate @here and @everyone permissions.
    Allow us to let users use @here but NOT @everyone
    Also server wide ability to mute @here and @everyone independantly

674 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dismiss a notification if the message does not exist anymore

The idea would be to dismiss any "unread" notification if the message that triggered it was sent when a user is offline and deleted before the user connects. It would have the same behaviour as @here, for unread notifications
    It would especially be useful for news/stream notifications channels.

The case scenario would be:
    - The Discord user is not connected
    - A message is sent in the channel X
    - The message is deleted
    - The Discord user connects and does not get any notification

Right now, this user would get a notification in that case scenario

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Custom Notification Sounds (especially PM's)

A lot of people are asking for custom notification sounds per server, which is an awesome idea, but in my opinion this is even more important for private messages.

Almost every sound in Discord is the same barely noticeable blip that's exactly the same as every other barely noticeable blip that you just kinda tune out once you're on more than half a dozen channels.

It took me *Four Months* to notice a friend had asked me if I wanted to play Stellaris. Private Messages need a unique sound. People on your friends list deserve an even more unique sound,…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove notification flag if post is deleted

Some server admins use bots to post an announcement to a channel when they go live on a site like Twitch and then remove it when they are no longer live. The notification is not cleared once the post is deleted. and this amounts to confusion for the server members who are not as active. Could you introduce a way for the notification to be removed if the post is deleted?

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. User specific notifications

There should be an option to be able to set to get message notifications from Specific people, Almost like the All message notification option but just for when specific people you set in the option talks. I think it would be cool if it was server wide and or could be account wide so it covers all servers. With this it would help keep youtube or streamer discords active so the fans know when ever they talk.

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications

In Server Notificaion/Mute Options-

Allow the muting of ROLE MENTIONS.

Any Mod with the ability can assign roles and then spam notifications even when all other options are turned off.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ping online members

Allow us to ping only online members and those who have been online in the last few minutes with @online

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mute role pings.

Many servers have roles like "member role" which is given to every person on the server. This allows server owners to ping everyone, even the people who have @everyone supressed. The user should be able to suppress role pings just like @here or @everyone pings.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ping logs

I have just finished watching a video and noticed i had a ping notification on my tablet, so i opened uo my tablet notifications and tapped it but some reason i lost where the message was... now i have to search through every sibgle discord server that im in, through every single chat channel just to find the one ping message just to see why they pinged...

Now if there was a system in place (similarvto audit logs which log server changes) that keeps track of all the pings you recieve, from who and what server then it would make…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove notifications

It would be nice to have a notification disappear from a server when someone deletes the message mentioning @everyone, @here and you directly.

I have had issues with people spamming the "mentions" function only to remove their message shortly after.

The notification is still visible while the message is not. I did check the mentions list but it's empty.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification Settings - "NOTHING" Override should affect Red Notification Bubbles, or a new option should be added to suppress them

This was originally opened as a Bug and was rejected as working as designed. So here are the Steps to reproduce the issue and a Use Case story explaining why the existing functionality should be changed.

Issue: Setting Channel Notification Override to "Nothing / Mute" still allows red text notification bubbles on mention

| Steps to Reproduce:

Step 1) Click the server dropdown
    Step 2) Click Notification Settings
    Step 3) Scroll to Notification Overrides
    Step 4) Set a channel to "NOTHING"
    Step 5) Have another user @mention you in that channel through any means (everyone, here, or direct @mention)

Expected…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notification support for Samsung Edge devices

The Samsung Edge devices have this feature that when you get a notification from an app, the edge of the display will glow telling you, you have a notification in a much more interesting way. But for Discord it doesn't work, and I think it's due to Discord not having support for it.

So I was wondering if You guys can add support to this feature because Discord is the most used app on my phone and having that feature work with it would truly be a colorful display.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notification when someone blocks you

When someone blocks you, you get a notification from Clyde in the DM of the person that blocked you. There can also be and option to close the DM when the meassage from Clyde is read.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 54 55
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base