Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Separate @here and @everyone permissions

Separate @here and @everyone permissions.
    Allow us to let users use @here but NOT @everyone
    Also server wide ability to mute @here and @everyone independantly

576 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

41 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mute all notifications except dms

title- i want to see this!!

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User specific notifications

There should be an option to be able to set to get message notifications from Specific people, Almost like the All message notification option but just for when specific people you set in the option talks. I think it would be cool if it was server wide and or could be account wide so it covers all servers. With this it would help keep youtube or streamer discords active so the fans know when ever they talk.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Light Ping

A way to not really ping someone, but to show him that this message is for him. It can get hard to keep track of conversations, specially when you are supporting multiple people at once and they don't know which message is for them.
    Maybe by highlighting your own Name in messages?
    Or encasing the name within !

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow toggling on/off for getting @mentions for each role

For each role we add, we get tagged when someone @mentions it, which can give a notification (depending on server and channel settings) and also adds a red counter to show you've been mentioned on a channel. It would be great to be able to see a list of all my roles on a server, and be able to toggle this on/off for each role; if I have it off, then @mention of a role does not act as a mention of me, and I don't get notified nor do I get the red highlight.

On Pokemon Go discords, it's…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable notifications from same person for a set amount of time

Basically what I mean is for those people who send every line in seperate messages and end up sending like 20 messages in the span of a minute, it'd be great to have a setting to make your notification sound not go off for a set amount of time after a message. So say you get a message, you get a notification sound, but for the next 30 seconds you dont get another ping noise for any other messages from that same source. I think 15 seconds would be a good default time.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable Notifications in a DM

I think it'd be useful to mute receiving notifications in your direct messages, whether it be individual or a group DM, much like you can mute text-channels or an entire server.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Differentiate Direct Messages from Server Notifications

I've had a problem happen a number of times that is frustrating for me. I will be playing a game when someone directly messages me through Discord, but I don't bother checking it. I hear the desktop notification sound, but it is the same sound as someone posting a message in a server, so I don't check my Discord. Thirty or more minutes pass and I (without any sort of prompt) check discord and realize a friend was direct messaging me to see if I wanted to play a game with them.

There is no way for me to tell…

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom Tagging

Custom channel tagging similar to NSFW. For example, if a new movie comes out and we want to make a spoiler discussion channel, I would like the ability to add a custom tag where you have to agree that you have seen the movie or are ok with spoilers in order to get notifications for that channel.

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. different colour system tray icon

Have the system tray icon show a different colour or add another dot thingy if you have been messaged or named (don't know what its called, but that @yournamehere thingy.)

Also maybe add a different sound for these too.

Smoochies,
    Brian :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. different sound

Please consider adding a different sound between @everyone/@here and direct notifications.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't use the Windows notifications

Instead of using Windows notification banners, custom discord ones should be used.

Concept: https://imgur.com/a/pjosvHt

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep the Rainbow feature for all @'s

So for April 1st, 2018 the April Fools feature was to make @someone highlighted in a rainbow gradient that a lot of us like and would like to keep for all @ notifications. It's a lot nicer looking and noticeable than the ugly yellow/brown color. Thanks! :)

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to mark all notifications at once as read.

I'm in 90+ servers and it takes forever to mark all notifications as read. Please make it possible to mark them all at once as read, so me and others can be more lazy!

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. calendar system

I'm interested in seeing a calendar system where every user has their own personal calendar in a tab of discord somewhere and can create events. These events would show up in their calendars and they can set when they would get notified by these and the creator can see who has their event on their calendar. Furthermore, people would be invited to these calendar events through links just like discord servers. During the creation process of an event, the creator should be able to set the date, notifications, game, and whether it is recurring. This feature would be a boon…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. mark dms as read

Don't you hate it when people keep on DMing you and the only option you have is to read the message for the notification to go away?

We should just right click the DM notification. and "Mark As Read'

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More mention options

I have a server where we arrange events but a lot of people never even respond even if I use the everyone mention... I had a talk with some people and it seems not only most people are on at least 3 other servers but to not get the notifications they set themselves as offline or mute the servers... It brakes discord in the sense that no one will ever join community events if they don't even learn about them. So I suggest adding more mention options that allows you to send a message to everyone or a few players…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable notifications for new servers you joined

Whenever you join a new discord server, automatically make it so that you get either no desktop notifications from all messages, or make it so it's automatically only mentions instead of the server administrators controlling the defaults. It should be who's joining who should control and if you're joining a lot of discords at once, it's really hard to disable notifications for all.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. @ people in voice chat

Being able to @ a voice channel would notify the people in the channel.

Example;

"@vc1 hey can you guys move me in we need to chat"

everyone in that voice channel would receive a notification. Could be useful for larger servers where the messages are lost in a wave of others easily.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Temp Mute a Server

Sorry if this has been suggested previously, but I think it'd be great to mute servers temporarily. Having dozens of servers that I need to be unmuted for normally, it can get chatty, I don't necessarily want to mute and unmute every time it is spam central. Being able to temporarily mute a server, say for 24 hours, would be a wonderful addition. Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base