Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Track who joined through what invite.

Raids happen all the time. Public Discord server owners and staff team members know this. Sometimes raiders join from advertisements, and sometimes they are invited from users in the server. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see where these raiders joined from?

I would like a feature that would allow us to see what users joined on each invite, along with other sources, like the widget.

The way I imagine this to function would be that people with the permission may go into the instant invites page, then click on the invite that they wish to see who…

2,264 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Timed mute

I'd like to see a feature added which allows server owns like myself to temporary ban, voice channel mute, and text-mute users.

This feature would be extremely helpful as currently all account bans, mutes, and text-mute are permanent affects which have to be manually edited which can become a huge hassle when trying to control over 3,000 other members at once.

Timed options:
    * 5 minute,
    * 10 minute,
    * 30 minute,
    * 1 hour,
    * 1 day,
    * custom timed ban.

2,612 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Password Protected Servers

It would be a great if you could set a password for people to join the server. For example, if someone clicks the instant invite link, they are prompted for a password, which the owner can give them. I think this would stop random people joining the server if the invite link gets spread.

11,938 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

434 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ANTI-RAID TIMELINE

Ever been so frustrated that your server was raided?
    The hard work and hours you put into your server?
    just lost....
    Well would if you could reset your discord timeline(server owner only)
    A button that would allow you to go back a day or forward a day(if gone back a day) at a specific time in which resets roles, members, categories, and channels.
    To ensure that the raiders do not win.

286 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rollback the emoji maximum size

Please rollback the new emoji size limit. 256KB can barely hold a couple of frames in a gif. (and here I'm assuming you mistakenly wrote kb instead of KB since there's a big difference between the two).

It's insanely limiting and animated emotes are pretty much useless now.

849 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy Role Permissions

Ladies and gentlemen, I have been using Discord for a large amount of time now. I have seen it's pros and cons. One of these specific cons that have come to my attention was having to create roles and manually adding permissions to each individual role. This is a HUGE waste of time. Wouldn't it just make our life a wee bit better if we were eligible to COPY and PASTE role permissions from one role to another?

I just see this as a huge complication and a waste of time. It's time to accelerate Discord!

I have many servers,…

107 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. An option to freeze your server in case of a raid.

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid or emergency.
    This technically means a temporary off switch to your server (turning off any sort of activity: messages, kicking, banning, removing or adding roles... just anything except for the owner), which allows you to have time to find out who was the raider and fix the issue before it's too late.

3,605 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restore from audit log

Simply a way to restore things (deleted roles, channels, etc) within ~24hrs of the action.

1,598 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Vote kick

Hi,

We've all been in voice channels with annoying people, those trolls who play extremely loud music and just being annoying in general.

Now, I propose a vote kick system, based on the number of people in the specific voice chat channel. If 75% or at least 50% of the users agree for person X to be kicked, then you simply kick him.

This is very useful for large communities when you need to get rid of someone on the whim, without having to wait who knows how long for a moderator.

Just a thought... :)

1,192 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. look at discord with the view of a particular role

hi, what about a feature like (sorry for saying that) facebook, where u can look at discord with the view a particular role has?
    i was restructuring my server and thankfully used the new feature with categorys. so know i have different categorys for different games an did some roles with permission for this categorys.... the idea is @everyone only sees the standart channels and if u get a specigic role u see the category, can join it and write in the channel, because u have the role u need for...

as an admin i see all channels with a…

164 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Banned user can get a comment why he/she was banned

On the desktop version when I want to ban user in ban window i have a field where i can provide a comment (ban reason). It might be helpfull for user to know why he/she was banned, when it depends on whether user can change something to get access to server again. So, adding checkbox "Make comment visible for user" and then user may read this comment always when tries enter to server

99 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Merge emoji limit to a global 100 slot of either animated or static

Emoji has been limited to 50 slots for static emoji, and additional 50 slots for animated emoji. I instead suggest merging these two into a total limit of 100 slots instead, and each emoji counts towards the same limit.

The benefit of this is that the moderators themselves can choose whether to have 75 static, 25 animated or even just 100 animated emoji if they so choose. – The emoji management screen can still group them in static and animated, but the counter should be global.

If it's perfectly valid to have 50 static and 50 animated, I don't see…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Server Account Ban

Currently, Discord uses a system where users banned in a discord server are banned on that IP and discord account. When a user that is banned in a server logs onto a new device, the ban transfers to that IP as well.

My Proposal: Server bans only apply to that account. If someone with a ban uses your computer, it would not ban any account that logs onto that device, only the account itself that was banned would be banned from the server. This would apply to any device, but only that account.

Signed,
    A Discord User

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. content warnings for channels

basically what the "NSFW channel" is except customizable! this can be used for channels that contain tv/movie/book spoillers, channels that might have triggers (such as food, vent, horror, etc) or just anything else that needs a CW. i want to be able to keep my community safe from triggers or spoilers but feel bad adding the NSFW warning when it's not!

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More moderation (layouts ban/kick & tempban, mute, ect)

When someone is kick/ban, make an interface for the user banned/kicked. Exemple :

You were banned from <ServerName> by <StaffMember> for the reason <Reason>.

You can also add tempban, mute (text), warn ect...

Thanks for reading :) You can vote for this if you agree with me :D (Sorry for ban english)

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. mute

Please add an option to MUTE people, but for TEXT channels

this feature already exists in voice channels, but it'd be useful to be able to MUTE people to prevent spam instead of kicking
    (example, put him on a 30min timeout)

there should also be an option to choose for HOW LONG the mute lasts (so you dont accidentally forget about him)

103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Deleting the server should have a timeout.

Even with all the Diskord security modes in your account, I still believe there are ways to lose an account (Hacker).

To avoid losing (Hacker) the account and not having your server excluded because of these intruders, I believe you should have a cooldown of 10 days to have your server permanently deleted.

Unfortunately I do not have server security being deleted with only password.

99 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Announcements

Please give server administrators the ability to post server announcements. Using @everyone to ping any user is frustrating to most members of any server. Instead, similar to the discord news popup, server owners should be able to display something similar when users click their server.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Help Chinese users use Discord normally and more easily

Discord had been blocked in Mainland China a few days ago. These days we can't connect to Discord server.
    Although we still don't know why Discord had been blocked, we found the block mode. It's DNS cache pollution. Discord's domain(discordapp.com and discordapp.net) is solved to Facebook's and SoftLayer's IP addresses. Maybe you don't know, because of the Great Firewall(GFW), Facebook is unavailable in China. So we cannot connect to Discord's server, can't use Discord normally.

***We need your help! Please!***

There are 2 ways to solve this situation. But, there are not only these 2 solutions.
    1. Add a "Proxy"…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Entrance message

Can you please remove the "Ha! [User] has joined! You activated my trap card!" Entrance message. As a trans person, it really sucks to see when I join a server, or a new person join a trans server.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base