Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for ASIO driver protocol

The new feature for audio sharing was an amazing addition but Discord is also well known to be used by bigger teams and musicians. Musicians work with the driver protocol for Audio called ASIO. Created by Steinberg. This is an industry standard as it has very low latency and can make sure that people have no input lag when playing a guitar or keyboard through their digital audio workstation. Unfortunately Discord doesn't support ASIO drivers. This would be a very good improvment to make sure Discord can be used by musicians to a higher potential.

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a startup sound to Discord

Kinda useless, but maybe add a startup sound to Discord. Make it work so when Discord finishes loading, you are greeted with a welcoming startup sound. If this is added, hope it sounds beautiful! (Oh wait, of course it's gonna sound good. It's Discord!)

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Self-Hosted Audio Servers

Okay okay! Before you all start yelling at me and saying this is a terrible idea hear me out.

Discord offers a partnership program to large communities but as discord grows these requirements grow at a rapid rate. Smaller community servers that host 100-400 should be allowed an option to host their own discord voice servers for them to link into the discord network. Here are a few reasons why I think this should be added -

- It will allow community's to host events like karaoke nights with less latency due to any bots/music bots being used could theoretically…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Volume sliders for separate Discord functions

There would be an "Audio Tab" in User Settings where you could turn notification and chat volume up or down with separate sliders, like so:

Notifications
    ----------O-----------
    Voice Channel Volume
    -----------------O----

This would help so that instead of turning each individual user's volume up to 200%, we could turn all users up with one slider and still have notifications at a reasonable volume, without having to mess with the actual computer's volume mixer all the time.

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Muting Individual Users OUTSIDE of servers. (Muting people from your friends list)

So, you hate getting "blooped" by people... and It's easy to mute servers so you don't get spammed by all the people in there, but have you ever had that one friend that sends you FIFTY THOUSAND MESSAGES from either excitement, or from trying to get your attention??? Who wants to option to mute users from your friends list? WE DO.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give users client side options to change audio quality

Those of us with slower internet really have to micromanage our connections, and thus any loose end really hurts.

Such users would benefit greatly from client side options for audio quality, so that our connection could more easily handle discord.

-On a side-note if this gets noticed, same goes for video quality.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Talk in all voice chats

Add an option, for servers voice chats, to allow you to speak in ALL channels when you go in a voice channel, but you only hear the channel you are on.
    (I'm playing a MMORPG, but 300 players in the same discord channel... It's very hard. With this option, I can make groups, and everyone go in a different channel, to speak with thier friends, but when I have an information to tell to everybody, I push something, and I can talk like everyone is in my channel, but I don't hear them)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lower my microphone volume when I start to rise my voice

I don't see how to do it from the technical point of view, to keep low latency voice chat, but it would be nice to have a feature, that will allow me to automatically lower my microphone output volume when I'm raging or screaming (I know, I'm annoying when I do so, but I've tried and just can't keep myself calm when I'm a volleyball ball instead of a heavy tank with a massive armor and shield, if you know what I mean). I don't know, maybe to pass the voice through a 1-2 seconds buffer and analyze it, and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Audio File Playback Integration

So we have some pretty great video file playback integration. It's useful whenever I send over some memes to my bro.
    However when my bro and I want to share the music him and I are working on, we either upload to a 3rd party service and it barely works half of the time, or send the file through discord itself and have the other download it into their designated "Discord & Skype" files to play it back later.
    I'd be pretty happy if we had some audio file playback similar to the way the videos were done. I wouldn't…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. voice monitoring

I'd kill for some voice monitoring options within discord. Having the option to be able to hear your voice back through your headphones while you're chatting would be valuable, especially in case like mine where someone is using noise canceling headphones. Maybe this could be implemented natively or adding option for VST audio plugins would be huge. Maybe have a little virtual sound mixer? That'd be really useful and possibly a ton of fun.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ALSA instead of PulseAudio on the Linux client

As PulseAudio fucked me over multiple times I decided to get rid of it. Sadly Discord uses Pulse for voice. I don't think it would be hard to switch to ALSA for the linux client, so if it is possible please consider doing so.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Maximum limit in open mic

When you are in open mic, you got a slider to set a minimum of decibel to reach to open the mic. It's wiln be nice if we got a slider for a maximum of decibel beyond which mic is closed. I think especially when we are sick and blow our noze all the time ^^
    The option can be push with an option to say "i don't want to receive sound more than X decibel"

Thank for reading my idea :)

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Video Embed Volume Slider

The new embedded videos are awesome but we really need a volume slider.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Let us invite people to listen to music with the invite to games bitton

Since you can invite people to games you are currently playing on discord, why not put a invite to music button? If you want someone to hear a great song you could show them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Opus and FLAC to embed.

I've noticed with the audio embeds, you can embed 4 PCM types in WAVE (no IMA ADPCM though), ogg vorbis, and mp3. Since you guys are using Xiph tools, and you're even using Opus as your voice codec, wouldn't it make sense to also allow FLAC and Opus to embed? What's even odder, it embeds opus in an OGG header with ogg extension, but not an opus with an opus extension.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Group Spotify Music Sharing

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could use the Spotify music sharing within a group chat or voice channel? That way you and all of your friends can queue up songs together and have jam sessions!

This would also work pretty well for streamers. If they are co-streaming together they can setup playlists and viewers watching both streams have an amazingly seamless experience.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. System audio

Audio sharing for sharing “your entire screen” instead of selecting a window.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Choose individual group/friend notification SFX sounds and/or pitch

Having the option to choose different sounds or alter pitch for the notification sfx for each group and individual ping (& alternate one for @everyone)
    The sounds could be supplied by Discord and also have an option to use your own sounds from you PC/phone (probably not work on alternate devices though, something to consider anyway)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adjust the volume of another user's screen-share

You can lower (though not raise) the volume of your own screen share, but you have to lower the screen-share AND voice volume of someone in a DM at the same time. PLEASE let me lower someone's game volume in a DM while I can still hear them

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base