Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Replacing the green ring around an avatar with yellow or red if they're REALLY LOUD.

At a certain volume level, the green ring shown around an avatar when sombody is speaking should turn yellow. If it gets even louder, it would turn green.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a startup sound to Discord

Kinda useless, but maybe add a startup sound to Discord. Make it work so when Discord finishes loading, you are greeted with a welcoming startup sound. If this is added, hope it sounds beautiful! (Oh wait, of course it's gonna sound good. It's Discord!)

230 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio only

Audio only sharing, no screen, just to share music or whatever.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Volume sliders for separate Discord functions

There would be an "Audio Tab" in User Settings where you could turn notification and chat volume up or down with separate sliders, like so:

Notifications
    ----------O-----------
    Voice Channel Volume
    -----------------O----

This would help so that instead of turning each individual user's volume up to 200%, we could turn all users up with one slider and still have notifications at a reasonable volume, without having to mess with the actual computer's volume mixer all the time.

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add support for ASIO driver protocol

The new feature for audio sharing was an amazing addition but Discord is also well known to be used by bigger teams and musicians. Musicians work with the driver protocol for Audio called ASIO. Created by Steinberg. This is an industry standard as it has very low latency and can make sure that people have no input lag when playing a guitar or keyboard through their digital audio workstation. Unfortunately Discord doesn't support ASIO drivers. This would be a very good improvment to make sure Discord can be used by musicians to a higher potential.

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adjust the volume of another user's screen-share

You can lower (though not raise) the volume of your own screen share, but you have to lower the screen-share AND voice volume of someone in a DM at the same time. PLEASE let me lower someone's game volume in a DM while I can still hear them

67 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Preview the audios that are in a URL

For example, I send a link of a mp3 file like:
    https://example.com/audio.mp3
    and Discord preview the audio of the URL, like if I send the mp3 from my computer.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Different Notification Sound For Mentions And PMs

Private Messages are more important to me than mentions. I don't want to tab out of my game just to see some non-important announcement/mention from some server...and It's impossible to tell if that notification sound was triggered by a private message or a server mention. Please add a different sound for private messages. Or even better yet, add an ability to use custom sounds for various notifications. Thank you.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. H

Hello, I want to suggest an idea. I would like that in the discord it was possible to turn off the microphone by a certain button on the keyboard instead of pressing the button and talking. It would be very convenient for me, my friends and our entire server. Thank you for attention!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is the possibility to have stereo is possible to have more FUN because stereo is really coooooool

I would like to have stereo because mono is cool but stereo even more to have more FUN when you play with your friends and more stereo and really cooooool and also small think about asmr

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Different notification sounds

Different sound for Messages, Server notifications and @everyone notifications.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Equalizer

A user-based equalizer would be good. I'm in a handful of discords where users have a very bass-y sound to their voice, besides that they sound fine... either an eq or adjust the overall eq for discord voice so they aren't so boomy when I'm playing non-position-critical games (mmorpgs like WoW, general group fun games, etc.).

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. adjusting the volume of notifications

a way to adjust the volume of the notification sounds (the beeps).

i usually have do not disturb on because the volume of it is intrusive to whatever im doing (watching a video, playing a game in fullscreen), but i still want to know when somebody is dming me, because if i leave a dm go unread for too long i start to feel bad.

thats all, pardners!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make an option to put videos you send over discord (like a .mp3, .mp4, .mov not youtube) on repeat

So like on YouTube, you can right click on the video and press "loop". It would be cool if you can do the same if you sent a video to someone as a .mp4, .mov etc..

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Spotify

Please please please PLEASE add it in so that you can not have spotify auto-pause when you have your mic active!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. System sound sharing

Sharing system sound without needing to share screen.
    It's so the person I am in a call with can share their music without lagging out the game we're playing.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Voice Channel Sound Activity Logs

As of right now, the only indicator for knowing who has said something in the voice channel is to be present while they speak, with their avatar receiving a border while they do so. This can be problematic when it comes to moderation of more active voice channels, as it takes uncertain ninja tricks to pinpoint who said something if it was quick and either theme-wise inappropriate or purposefully extremely loud.

As such, I recommend an implementation of sound activity logs, which would essentially be logs of useful data; such as the reverse chronological list of users based on the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Muting mics in specific channels

You should be able to use your mic in certain channels while having it active in o5hers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. voice changer

some people like to remain anonymous online, how about a voice changer for nitro users to mask their voice if they're not comfortable with it but still want to join voice chat? idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Voice chat join/leave sound notification customisation

I think there should be an option to choose our own sound for voice chat join/leave.
    The sound could be serer wide or voice chat specific.
    And if you want to have default sound on your side you could disable it on your side

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base