Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stereo Audio for audio sharing (& adding audio sharing to 'Your Entire Screen' option)

After requesting audio sharing to discord it was implemented, and its great! But it is lacking a few features that would make it fantastic.
    -Stereo audio
    -Audio sharing when sharing entire screen

The audio is forced to mono when audio sharing, stereo is better in every way, and you could even make stereo a Nitro feature if you wanted. (But a free option would be awesome)

Right now you have to only share a specific 'Application Window' to share audio, and this does not allow people to see layered windows within software (main examples are when working on music the…

1,251 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

38 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share System Sound

So with screen sharing and video calls just hitting discord, what better way to accompany them than by also adding an option to share your system sound like skype can!

In skype you can share your system sound with your friend without it looping their voice back through, which is super useful for applications such as watching someone play a game, or showing music projects etc!

Also if the system sound is Stereo that would be a step up on skype!

8,050 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

274 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn off screen share feature?

Hello! i think there should be a way to disable the viewing of screen shares, i personally get a lot of internet lag when other people screen share as well as lag on my computer itself so i think it would be wonderful to have a way to disable the viewing of screen shares (my friends don't want to go to actual discord servers and or stop screen sharing)

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The Ability to hide and mute a Stream/Screen share

Me and my friends use discords Screen share/Streaming feature to watch each other play or show each other a game, but the problem is, if a friend is streaming usually it causes frame dropping for other people in the call. The ability to hide the stream or opt out of watching. This would allow people to stream in a call without causing massive FPS drops for the people not watching. Also sometimes in games like CS:GO or Rainbow Six: Siege where sound is key muting the stream would also be nice.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let us have more people in group chats

let us be able to have more than 10 people in the chat and in the call OR at least let us have more people in the chat and max the people in call to 10 or some other number

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sharescreen with even lower framerate

Some people have a bad enough internet connexion that they can't even share their screen at 15 FPS.
    I would like to get the option to sharescreen at an even lower framerate (like 5 FPS) because it's enough for many cases.
    For exemple: I want to explain how a software works to a friend by guiding him through an UI, or have a quick look at someone else's code to fix it.

Thanks for reading and keep up, Discord, you're the best!

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Netflix / Amazon Prime / YouTube Channel Sync Watch

For this idea first we need Discord to expand connections with :
    ***** Netflix *****
    ***** Amazon Prime Video *****
    ***** YouTube *****

> Designated Permission Members can Add YouTube / Netflix / Amazon Video-Link in a special channel that can play simultaneously to all the members in that specific channel.

Everyone can enjoy that awesome trailer or even a movie together no matter how far apart they are , another city , another country or another continent.

This has also very good educational purposes , as education looks more and more into technology , video and VR is used…

83 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable Screenshare anytime (save FPS and Data)

Users should be able to disable the video or Screenshare at any given time. Users can then continue to steam their friends or family's screen share as they choose.

In most cases, people who do not have a data cap, or have a computer strong enough to continuously stream will not stop their stream. This can be an issue for many who have low to mid-grade pc which disrupts other applications.

Please take this into consideration.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom ringtones / notification sounds

New idea for Nitro users!

Would be really cool if people who have Nitro are able to have custom ringtones if they are getting called, custom notification sounds when getting mentioned or dm'ed.

And being able to give like every server or friend their own unique song/sound

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adjusting screenshare volume separate from user volume

I'd love it if you could adjust screenshare volume separate from user volume when you're in a call. Me and my friend are currently playing a game and she's screensharing it to me. Thing is, the game is low for her but loud for me, so i barely hear her. I'd love it if there was a separate slider when you right-click the call for specifically desktop sound. Thank you for your time <33!

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Zoom in on screen share

The screen share is usually too small for you to read small text, so an option on the side to let you zoom in and drag around would be nice.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screen sharing on discord servers

It would be super cool to be able to share your screen on servers. It would make lots of things much easier.

There could be a button on your profile (I mean when you left click on you on a discord server) to screen share.
    Your friends will click your on profile (on the server), they will see you're screen sharing and click a button that will set the vidio you are sharing to fullscreen. Sorry if it was too compicated :D

Recap: You'll stream by clicking button on your profile, friends will click on your profile, this will make…

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change volume for someone else's screenshare

Recently I was in a call with my friend where I couldn't hear them due to their screen share volume, but I couldn't change their screen share volume without also lowering their voice volume, I think we should be able to change another person's screen share volume separately to their voice.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Video/Screenshare in Discord Servers

I propose that Discord should add video and screenshare features to servers.
    It would still function like a voice channel, however it now comes with added camera functionality with the addition to screenshare
    While this does sound much like what exists for group chats, I would like to see it added to Discord servers as well.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. start video conference directly from voice channels

Starting video calls/Screenshare directly from voice channels without having to start a separate conversation with 'friends' would be very helpful. We often need to show ingame mechanics to players with problems and this feature would make that so much easier. If implemented it would also be helpful to be able to restrict this feature to certain roles.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a Video/ScreenShare channel option

Add a video call chat category to servers alongside text and voice, that would have a limit on how many people can join. it would be a lot more convenient then having to create a private chat just to do screen share.

84 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen Sharing in server

Hello Discord Server Admins
    Me and my friends hope to add Screen share to Groups or Servers
    to make it easier. because everytime we must do a private chat and star screen sharing so i hope u add it soon to servers ^^
    GoodBye!

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Independent Screenshare Audio Adjustments

It would be really useful if you could adjust the sound levels of a screenshare independently from the person screensharing's mic. Maybe it could be a second bar below user volume in this (https://imgur.com/hXdmqTP) menu.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mute Screenshare/Video

Lets first imagine you're in this big direct message, and someone starts sharing their screen or either turned on video, and the person doesn't want to turn it off, now you'd be saying: Aw geez, my game is lagging. You can't do anything about it? Do you get out of the call? We need a solution, right?

So what about an option so you can mute someone's Screenshare or Video, and just show their audio. Then the lag that Screenshare or Video call causes will be gone.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. PC Remote Control

It's time to ditch TeamViewer and ZenDesk.. xD
    So in this time, we games help each other alot with diffrent tasks.

And currently the easiest way of doing that for someone, with very litte computer experince, is to use TeamViewer, ZenDesk and so on to remotely control their PCs.

My idea is that we bring a feature like that to Discord, lets say you're in a screensharing call, you could request remote control access.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base