Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Video calls on servers

Hello everybody.
    I propose a function that could be interesting in the sense that it adds a function that exists on Discord only in private message.
    So I propose to make it possible to create videoconference channels, with the Screenshare function.
    Thanks.
    GeekCornerD#3582

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a Video/ScreenShare channel option

Add a video call chat category to servers alongside text and voice, that would have a limit on how many people can join. it would be a lot more convenient then having to create a private chat just to do screen share.

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. NDI Sources for Video Call participants

It would be very helpful for streaming usage if each video call participant was offered up as an NDI source for easy consumption by streaming applications. https://www.newtek.com/ndi/

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mute Screenshare/Video

Lets first imagine you're in this big direct message, and someone starts sharing their screen or either turned on video, and the person doesn't want to turn it off, now you'd be saying: Aw geez, my game is lagging. You can't do anything about it? Do you get out of the call? We need a solution, right?

So what about an option so you can mute someone's Screenshare or Video, and just show their audio. Then the lag that Screenshare or Video call causes will be gone.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. NDI support for video Calls.

Very recently, Skype Introduced NDI support into their video calling API. As a host of a morning show, I really really LOVE NDI so much! It's been so useful to use inside OBS Studio since there is a NDI plugin for OBS. Honestly like I love that Skype has NDI support, when I left Skype, I left it for Good and have been using Discord ever since. My co-host and I love the video calling and all that, but due to some techincally limitations with OBS and hardware acceleration support issues, it'd be EXTREMELY helpful if Discord would please heavily…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to turn off someone's screenshare for yourself

When someone else is screen sharing in a group and you just don't want to see it, it'd be an amazing idea if you could turn off someones screen share just for yourself. This is an issue for internet issues or whatever someone's issue with it is when it's playing in the back or on another monitor when you want to keep up with the notifications on discord.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Independent Screenshare Audio Adjustments

It would be really useful if you could adjust the sound levels of a screenshare independently from the person screensharing's mic. Maybe it could be a second bar below user volume in this (https://imgur.com/hXdmqTP) menu.

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. screensharing

I want to be able to turn of other people screensharing in a voice chat room. Im forced to watch them screenshare, and would like to be able to turn it of on my side.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Locally disable screen share and video calls

This would be a good idea if you could disable video and screen share locally if you don't have unlimited bandwidth or you had a slow internet connection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video call disabler/User-facing camera disabler

Option to disable video call via settings, this would prevent misclicks that expose a users identity. On iOS, there is the ability to disable camera for discord, but this means you can’t use the Camera for attachments and it has to be sourced from the camera roll. I have almost exposed myself three times now from accidental clicks etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Higher group limit or screen share at server calls

Could we please either increase/remove entirely the user limit for group chats or make screen sharing a thing on regular server calls? It really is counter productive for large groups of people that would like to screen share.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Disable incoming screen share

When in group calls/chats, give the option to disable incoming shared screens for people who don't want the extra CPU usage. It can be a pain for people like me who try to stream games to twitch on a 4 core CPU that can't handle the ~10% extra cpu usage from screen share.

TLDR; add an option to turn off screen share for those who want to save bandwidth/cpu usage

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen Share Audio for Mac Users

The Screen Share Audio is great for me, but my girlfriend can't hear from my audio due to having a Mac. Definitely would like to see this implemented to Mac users soon, so that all of my friends can play stuff like jackbox on call together with sound, whether they have Windows or Mac!

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pop out Video

Most services with video calls include a pop out Video so the camera stays active when you leave the app to work in another app. This would be a great improvement to what is the superior video call in my experience.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Free Organization + Resizing Video Chat Windows

Adding an option to freely organize each individual video chat box around the black spaces of the video chat window + being able to freely resize each video chat window to whatever size you'd like. This is mainly to be able to focus on a select person in a certain space that you would like them to be and moving other boxes around the screen. Hopefully I put my words together clearly but if not, you get the idea lol. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PC Remote Control

It's time to ditch TeamViewer and ZenDesk.. xD
    So in this time, we games help each other alot with diffrent tasks.

And currently the easiest way of doing that for someone, with very litte computer experince, is to use TeamViewer, ZenDesk and so on to remotely control their PCs.

My idea is that we bring a feature like that to Discord, lets say you're in a screensharing call, you could request remote control access.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Opting out of screenshares

So my friends like to screenshare a lot, and while thats fun and helpful sometimes, a lot of the time it does nothing other than eat up my bandwidth and fps in games.

so i think there should be an option to not see other people's screenshares if you dont want to, since it's pointless if im not watching (1 monitor)

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable pop-out video chat, and allow dragging the box anywhere.

Currently, the video chat function is limited only to when you have discord focused, a 'pop out' button would be a really good idea.

As well, currently you can only drag the window (While in a chat other than who you're calling) to either the top or bottom right, it'd be nice if you could fix it anywhere on the screen.

5,246 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Screen share in Servers

I think the new integration of audio with screen share is quite useful, especially on the Canary version with the ability to play games through the screen share feature.But, why isn't there screen share features in servers?

Say for example, one of my friends is making some art and wants everyone in VC to see it, why should i have to leave the server voice chat?

Perhaps this kind of feature can be implemented by the role system, only allowing users that the Admin/owner decides can screen share. And all a user would have to do while in VC, is…

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Serverwide Screen Sharing

Remember that video chat and screen sharing thing Discord did not too long ago? Well, what if we, the users on Discord, can show our games live on our very own servers, not just the group DMs themselves? Think about it; people on servers can see the games people play just like Twitch, but more better and with NO delays, and games would be live! That way, people who are active on Discord and who are online can see the games people are playing and they can chat more smoothly and effectively, just like your usual livestream!

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base