Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag and Drop in Videochats

I want in in a Videochat sort the Cams from others per Drag and Drop by my own. becaus if there are 5 in the Videochat and one who has no camera and hes in the big middle window showen, thats so anoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group calls not in server

Ability to create a group call like in Skype but not in a server... Who is in the call can also share the screen/sound like a normal voice call :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screen share in Servers

I think the new integration of audio with screen share is quite useful, especially on the Canary version with the ability to play games through the screen share feature.But, why isn't there screen share features in servers?

Say for example, one of my friends is making some art and wants everyone in VC to see it, why should i have to leave the server voice chat?

Perhaps this kind of feature can be implemented by the role system, only allowing users that the Admin/owner decides can screen share. And all a user would have to do while in VC, is…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Screen Sharing on Mobile

So, the recent addition of video calls is a great one if you ask me. I use it all the time. But here's one thing that I think could be improved.
    At the moment, the "screenshare" option is only present on PC. I think it would be a great idea to allow mobile users to share their screen as well.

If there is some way to implement this, I think it would be a great addition to this awesome app.
    Thank you for reading my request!

- Ky

196 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use phone as webcam

Hey everyone! Im sure everyone has one or multiple smartphones, but not everyone has a webcam. I thought it would be really cool if you could use your smartphone camera as a webcam, while using audio input from your pc (headset).

Maybe it could be implemented in the app (or a seperate, lightweight app) that you could stream video and use your pc as audio.

What do you think?

177 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. new update

The new share screen video size bugs me and all of my friends, it's way to tiny. Please go back to what it was before.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto-accept video calls from chosen users

Hello friends,

Skype recently removed their auto-accept calls with video, this makes it very hard for me to call my dog when I'm not home.. and a lot of pet owners used this feature.

It would be great if we could somehow even call ourselves using our mobile and the desktop app would auto-accept the call with video. That way we could check on our beloved pets too. :c

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Video call and screenshare at the same time

Please add the ability for one user to simultaneously share their screen and video at the same time.

2,306 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Playstation 4 Discord app

since it is possible to record videos and to stream from the ps4
    i always wanted to stream privat for my friends on discord
    but since youtube and twitch don't do any privat options for streaming
    i had somehow the idea with this thanks to the screenshare option from discord
    that this would be the same but instead of the laptop or computer screen
    you can see then the ps4 screen with the game
    since you made it with the xbox account
    you will probably try the same with playstation
    so i wanted to tell discord this idea
    discord is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Voice Call Warnings

You should make an option to put a custom warning on discord server calls. For example it would pop up saying “Be warned this is the swearing call.” or “This is the streaming call, if you join this call you will be in a live stream” or pretty much anything the server owner wants (custom).

More for like people who don't like being in streams and can be warned before joining so they know what they are about to join, even though the call name probably would say "Stream Call" or "Swearing Call." It could help just incase someone didn't…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. NDI Sources for Video Call participants

It would be very helpful for streaming usage if each video call participant was offered up as an NDI source for easy consumption by streaming applications. https://www.newtek.com/ndi/

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Screen Share & Webcam to Servers

I think Discord needs Screen sharing and Video chatting in servers. A lot of my friends and their friends have a group of people that talk and hangout, some times we all go Omegle, some times we all go on YouTube to watch videos, but groups have a max limit of 10 people. We can't invite everyone we want too, and some times we kick people to add. So please add this Discord Team!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to to not receive video

I would like to be able to not receive video from specific people in a call.

I am regularly in larger video chats with friends. Sometimes when one of us isn't playing we screen share, so that they can view multiple angles on what's going on. This can be a little taxing on my computer though, so I'd like to be able to stop receiving their video feed, while still being able to see the faces of other people in the call.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multi-Video Call Window Placement

Allow manual window arrangement/sizing for multi-person video calls. Steamers would love this when we want to capture and crop the window for many remote cameras on one stream.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Video Chat and Screen Share enabled Voice Channels within Discord servers

There should be a new voice channel type that you could add into Discord servers which are essentially Voice Chats but people with permission within them can toggle on their webcam or screen share while in them. There were many times where I wished I could screen share something to a group of people while inside my Discord server but had to move into a DM call in order to do it.

Also, maybe implement a limit on the amount of people who can do this at once so it doesn't lag out whoever is in it too much

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Video/Screenshare in Discord Servers

I propose that Discord should add video and screenshare features to servers.
    It would still function like a voice channel, however it now comes with added camera functionality with the addition to screenshare
    While this does sound much like what exists for group chats, I would like to see it added to Discord servers as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Video chatting move users

The ability to drag and reorganize users in the video chat function. It would enable you to focus a participant without making the other users drastically smaller.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Control the audio of someone's Stream in a Group DM

The streaming option is great and all for watching or listening to things together, but the audio tends to be very loud and the only way to stop it is to mute the person which also mutes the voice of that person.

I think there should be a separate voice control when you right click on them that is focused on the audio coming from the stream itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. screen share

I would like to have the feature to stop a screen share that someone else has started or have the feature to mute the sound from the screen share.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove audio balancing when sharing audio through screen share

Whenever a screen is shared, and the person sharing their screen talks, the shared audio is turned way down. Personally, this kills the entire reason to share audio as I do this to watch things with people. Both people want to be able to comment on whatever we're watching, but we can't....the one sharing their screen has to mute themselves, as it stops the other from being able to hear the shared audio. At least give an option to turn this off, because I can't stand doing screen sharing with this being a feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base