Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi-Video Call Window Placement

Allow manual window arrangement/sizing for multi-person video calls. Steamers would love this when we want to capture and crop the window for many remote cameras on one stream.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen share in Servers

I think the new integration of audio with screen share is quite useful, especially on the Canary version with the ability to play games through the screen share feature.But, why isn't there screen share features in servers?

Say for example, one of my friends is making some art and wants everyone in VC to see it, why should i have to leave the server voice chat?

Perhaps this kind of feature can be implemented by the role system, only allowing users that the Admin/owner decides can screen share. And all a user would have to do while in VC, is…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video Broadcast in a Server

It would be nice to see the ability to have a broadcasting channel with the permissions for a role to be a broadcaster. This would effectively be the same as a private streaming room where you can hear the broadcasters speaking, and maybe be able to temporarily allow someone to be a broadcaster for that session.

Essentially, a video call in a server with permissions and tiers built in to allow for a more communal experience.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Prevent Monitor from turning off when receiving ScreenShare on FullScreen

If I have a YouTube Video or the like on Fullscreen my monitors don't turn off. I'd like to have the same functionality if im using Discord Screenshare on fullscreen.
    I understand that there are cases in which you'd like your monitors to go off while using Screenshare, but I don't think this is the case when u take the effort to make it fullscreen.
    Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Total Time for calls

Add total time that you were in the call with the person you were in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. screenshare transparent

suggestion: black rectangles on screensare sometimes because im on laptop and diff resolution. anyways, maybe you guys should make it so the black bars are actually a bit transparent and you can see the chat behind it, but its a bit blurry. that'd be nice
    tag me if respond

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Screenshare audio from both mic and window

It would be really cool if the screenshare actually worked and would load AND let the other person hear my voice while also hearing the audio of the window/game I'm broadcasting to them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adjusting screenshare volume separate from user volume

I'd love it if you could adjust screenshare volume separate from user volume when you're in a call. Me and my friend are currently playing a game and she's screensharing it to me. Thing is, the game is low for her but loud for me, so i barely hear her. I'd love it if there was a separate slider when you right-click the call for specifically desktop sound. Thank you for your time <33!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share Screen on servers?

can we plz get screen share on servers to? maby when u join a call it makes a temporearly group whn in a call and deletes it after. so you can see the screenshare or camra while in the group. also for securety reasons we can have a turn off screen share / cam for non friends.
    it woud be a great featshure and woud make discord servers mutch more funn. i think it woud help the server communeties! ;)

-agent

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video call channels

I feel like adding video-call channels to servers would be a great idea!
    This would also allow for some bots to play videos so the whole gang can watch along!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow screensharing specific monitor on Linux

Currently the only option is to share your entire screen, which is impractical if you have multiple monitors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Option to Disable Attenuation of Game Sound (as heard by others) When Speaking In Share Screens

Just what it says. If I speak to my mic while sharing screens - sharing both in-game sounds and stuff my mic picks up - the in-game sounds are made much quieter, presumably so that the other person can hear me speak.

There is no option to disable this attenuation at present, and I find it really annoying so I think there should be. It's especially frustrating when my mic is picking up sounds from the nearby road, making the game sound constantly fade in and out for the other person for no relevant reason.

In terms of effort required,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share system sound for entire screen

It would be nice if you can turn on the system sound for the entire screen and not only for a windowed apllication. :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shared browsing

How about implemnting a browser into a Discord Call? Currently I use Rabb.it but has quite some poor quality :I

Would be great to show friends something, watching movies, watching YouTube, listening to music (without paying for Spotify Premium :v), play 2-player-turn based games, watching streams together. You know, all the things the lovely internet provides ;D

This could very well be the solution for the Netflix Immigration; I use another payed source, so it would be 100 times more extensive.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make screen-share able to be resized

This way you can read the chat if you are screen sharing with someone who is unable to talk

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Screenshare pointer

It is always very annoying and hard to explain something on the screen of your friend when you're the viewer of his screenshare, you can't point at things. Just give us the option to have a cursor or red dot that we could move on his screen like a laser pointer

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. have call streams able to hear audio from my friend will he plays games please

My friend and I were trying to stream far cry because steams sucks. We noticed you can hear game audio but not call audio. Please make it so you can hear both. Thank you

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it possible to mute user's audio sharing but not their microphone

If you want to talk to your friends, but one of them is sharing audio and you don't want to listen to it, this would be fantastic.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to independently change screen share and host volume

I would like to see an option to be able to independently change the volume of screen shared content, and the hosting user. This would allow you to nut or turn down the streamed content, but not cause the users volume to suffer. Currently they are both synced together making this not possible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. discord audio screen sharing

i think it will be cool if we can share auido with discord screen share it should be a thing we can tick while we are setting up like we tick the quailty and fps this would be very helpfull so i can show my osu gameplay to my friends with audio

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base