Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to stop accepting NSFW screensharing

Hi. I have a friend that screenshares gore videos multiple times per day and I would like to have an option to stop accepting screensharing from him/her.
    In other words, I want to press a button that makes it so that his/her screen doesn't show up in my discordapp.
    Skype has the option to "automatically receive video and share screens with" and i have it set to "no one." During Skype video calls, I'm able to accept and deny screensharing from individuals that start sharing their screens. However, Skype is highly unreliable and crashes very often, so my group of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group calls not in server

Ability to create a group call like in Skype but not in a server... Who is in the call can also share the screen/sound like a normal voice call :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multi-Video Call Window Placement

Allow manual window arrangement/sizing for multi-person video calls. Steamers would love this when we want to capture and crop the window for many remote cameras on one stream.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Separate video box for when Discord isn't the active window (much like Skype).

When using video call on Discord, you're only able to access a 'box' when accessing different servers but remaining on Discord.
    Can we have it so that this box is accessible even when Discord is minimised, and can be placed anywhere on our screen, on top of any separate window open?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Screensharing Fullscreen

I really really really do want to be able to screenshare applications and games that use fullscreen, Like ill be in a call while playing Dark Souls 3 and suddenly want to show what's going on, but can't since the game is fullscreen. It's like this for so many games i play and i really wish i could screenshare them. Disc plz

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a screenshare window to the overlay

I've had this dilemma where I'm playing a game and someone in the call is screensharing. I thought it would be a clever idea to a small window in the overlay that shows the person(s) screensharing. It could also disable the screensharing on the discord client and only stream on the window to reduce fps lag. Not sure if this would or how they could implement it, just thought it was a cool thought.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Control the audio of someone's Stream in a Group DM

The streaming option is great and all for watching or listening to things together, but the audio tends to be very loud and the only way to stop it is to mute the person which also mutes the voice of that person.

I think there should be a separate voice control when you right click on them that is focused on the audio coming from the stream itself.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Screen Share & Webcam to Servers

I think Discord needs Screen sharing and Video chatting in servers. A lot of my friends and their friends have a group of people that talk and hangout, some times we all go Omegle, some times we all go on YouTube to watch videos, but groups have a max limit of 10 people. We can't invite everyone we want too, and some times we kick people to add. So please add this Discord Team!

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. adjust the camera settings like brightness and contrast so the picture is clearer

include a setting with the video option to be able to adjust the camera so that when your in a call the image isn't so dark and you can brighten it and fix the contrast and sharpen the image

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use phone as webcam

Hey everyone! Im sure everyone has one or multiple smartphones, but not everyone has a webcam. I thought it would be really cool if you could use your smartphone camera as a webcam, while using audio input from your pc (headset).

Maybe it could be implemented in the app (or a seperate, lightweight app) that you could stream video and use your pc as audio.

What do you think?

181 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Фотогалерея

Добавте возможность создания фотографии на серверах. За частую новому участнику беседы нужно показать определённую фотографию допустим с каким-то инструкциямм (чтобы долго их не переписывать и не отвлекаться на личный разговор если нкт возможности)
    И в такие моменты очень не удобно листать весь чат ради одного фото, особенно когда оно нк сохранено на цстройстве. А так нужно будет написать яиловеку всего пару слов к примеру "1е фото в альбоме"
    Да и помимо этого как по мне если эту функцию оформить правильно то сервера с беседами станут более наполненыси и красочными

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. always on top and resizable window from video call

always on top and resizable window from video call for play with in games overlay.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Video channels

Hello! I often sit with friends in the channel and listen to music using bots. And I really do not have enough video channels in the discord so that people can sit in the channel and include a webcam. Please add this functionality to the server. Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. new update

The new share screen video size bugs me and all of my friends, it's way to tiny. Please go back to what it was before.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option for Adjusting Sound Levels (Streaming)

Add in an option to change sound levels of those who stream a game.
    For example, someone decides to stream a game in a group call. When you right click on the streamer, it shows the audio level for their mic but not for the game they are streaming. Currently, the only way to turn down the sound of the game is to ask the streamer to turn it down on their end.
    Please add in the option to turn down streamed sounds or to add the option to keep the game quieter than when they speak

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Share Screen on servers?

can we plz get screen share on servers to? maby when u join a call it makes a temporearly group whn in a call and deletes it after. so you can see the screenshare or camra while in the group. also for securety reasons we can have a turn off screen share / cam for non friends.
    it woud be a great featshure and woud make discord servers mutch more funn. i think it woud help the server communeties! ;)

-agent

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screenshare improvements

Make a option where you can choose which person can see you screenshare so people who don’t want to see your screen don’t need to also if you only want to show the screen to only one person etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Video call and screenshare at the same time

Please add the ability for one user to simultaneously share their screen and video at the same time.

2,338 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to to not receive video

I would like to be able to not receive video from specific people in a call.

I am regularly in larger video chats with friends. Sometimes when one of us isn't playing we screen share, so that they can view multiple angles on what's going on. This can be a little taxing on my computer though, so I'd like to be able to stop receiving their video feed, while still being able to see the faces of other people in the call.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. fullscreen

I would like to have the function of full-screen streaming for games added, because my girlfriend wants to watch my passing games with sound :D

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base