Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPU video encoding / decoding for screenshare

We need NVENC or VCE (nvidia / amd) encoding and decoding for screensharing. Right now the CPU impact alone is staggering; even open source projects like OBS support this, why doesn't discord? I pay for nitro for better streaming, but it's useless if you're choking my CPU into submission.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to use screenshare and your camera at the same time

Right now if you try to turn on your camera while screensharing it'll turn screenshare off. I was thinking that if you try to use camera while screensharing that it would make a little window that you could edit the size of in the corner...

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. system sound in screen share linux

Implement the share system sound with screensharing in Linux! I use windows and my boyfriend uses Linux and currently we're not able to share sound to each other without using a workaround(I can't share sound at all I think, but he can share using his workaround.). I'm sure Linux users would appreciate it and I know I would, as I plan to switch to Linux eventually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. View Selector must be back!

With new updates rolling in, the View Selector was replaced with a simple "Expand Down" button during calls with screen sharing, which makes the base screen size way too small for one to clearly see, and forces one to go fullscreen in order to appreciate what is happening during the Screen Sharing.
    It is currently limited to a banner-style format.

We definitely need the View Selector back, it brought a lot more freedom to choose between the 3 modes (I personnally love having a 50/50 ratio (video/text chat)).

Conviniently, the way it was made allowed to quickly switch between the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rearrange Screenshare Windows

Sometimes, a random window is selected to be bigger than others if there's an uneven number of windows. Let us select which one we want that to be instead of randomly selecting it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Streaming rooms

I was thinking that it would be a rather swell addition to streamer dedicated discord’s, I could act like a normal call room, but when entered it transforms the text chat into something similar to the current screen share rooms, server owners can set permissions to allow only certain people to screen share in these channels which can allow multiple people to stream the same game from their points of view ( each window could be enlarged to the viewers pleasure ) when someone is actively streaming in these channels a small red dot could appear next to the channel…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ADD AUDIO SUPPORT ON FIREFOX WHEN SCREEN SHARING!!

i noticed when using windowed capture to share audio on discord, it only works with google, will it ever work for Firefox users?? pls

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. video

Allow people to start video chat rooms that gets logged in the discord channel's chat for the community to see. (Members can join publicly or with allowed permissions: to view or to join video chat stream table)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prevent Monitor from turning off when receiving ScreenShare on FullScreen

If I have a YouTube Video or the like on Fullscreen my monitors don't turn off. I'd like to have the same functionality if im using Discord Screenshare on fullscreen.
    I understand that there are cases in which you'd like your monitors to go off while using Screenshare, but I don't think this is the case when u take the effort to make it fullscreen.
    Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video Overlay

We can use the overlay while we are playing some games, but if we are ina videocall we can't view the webcam in a little screen while playing, just the channels. Can you put an overlay where we can videochat with someone while playing games in fullscreen?
    I hope you add this ^^

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Screensharing not for all members.

Make able to stop screensharing individually.
    For example, 5 useres in group, 3 of them playing the game, and 2 watching the demonstration. So it useless for other 3 members, especially if someone have not good internet and/or PC.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow screensharing specific monitor on Linux

Currently the only option is to share your entire screen, which is impractical if you have multiple monitors.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I do not like that we cannot stay in calls alone anymore

I wish that we could stay in calls alone because sometimes people have to leave but they will come back in a few minutes and sometimes it takes long than anticipated so we should be able to stay in calls alone for as long as we wish. Also I don't know about anyone else but I also like to just chill in calls alone and talk to myself, sometimes hear the echo too! I don't know but yeah, I think wwe should be allowed to chill in calls alone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screenshare in VR

Please allow us to choose which eye is the streamed, right now if you stream any game in VR it defaults to the left eye and you cannot change it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. screenshare transparent

suggestion: black rectangles on screensare sometimes because im on laptop and diff resolution. anyways, maybe you guys should make it so the black bars are actually a bit transparent and you can see the chat behind it, but its a bit blurry. that'd be nice
    tag me if respond

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Gui when discord minimized?

I have this idea, maybe someone is playing a game but wants to have a view of the discord video call or screenshare, what if a small box pops up at the corner of your screen every time you minimize discord which you can toggle, change size etc. it's just a suggestion but I think it'll be noice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Option to Disable Attenuation of Game Sound (as heard by others) When Speaking In Share Screens

Just what it says. If I speak to my mic while sharing screens - sharing both in-game sounds and stuff my mic picks up - the in-game sounds are made much quieter, presumably so that the other person can hear me speak.

There is no option to disable this attenuation at present, and I find it really annoying so I think there should be. It's especially frustrating when my mic is picking up sounds from the nearby road, making the game sound constantly fade in and out for the other person for no relevant reason.

In terms of effort required,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Server Video Seperation

Allow dragging popout video in discord servers to a second monitor so that the server and video may be on different monitors. I am referring specifically to server video and not private call videos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dual screenshare

It would be nice if you can be able to do a "dual screenshare" for people who have dual screen instead of sharing only one screen and change to show another one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to independently change screen share and host volume

I would like to see an option to be able to independently change the volume of screen shared content, and the hosting user. This would allow you to nut or turn down the streamed content, but not cause the users volume to suffer. Currently they are both synced together making this not possible.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base