Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Making the Call timer longer and able to go over 24 hours

This may be just me but I am often in calls with another person (namely my girlfriend) for very lengthy periods of time, recently my girlfriend and I decided to try and see what would happen after the 24 hour mark. So we got there, I have the screenshot of the 24 hour mark but then after that the timer just started back from 0.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Overlay for Video

Ok, so basically think this. You are in a video call with someone, and they have their camera open. You click off of the actual discord window, and a little overlay type thing shows up in the corner so that you can look at the other person's face while doing something else.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drag to call

When I used to use Skype, they had the function of drag and dropping a friend into the call. I would like to be able to make the same here in discord instead or even with the function of keeping the button if needed

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Screen Sharing Suggestions

1) Screen sharing from inside the channels would be more ideal rather than leaving the individual channels to make a video call with added friends.

2) Creating breadcrumbs in said channel(s) for other users to know that a screensharing session is happening and an option for them to join even if they aren't "friends" would be nice.

3) Add pop out windows for a chosen screen to watch

4) Screen share on mobile devices with an easier UI

5) Bigger screen sharing groups for up to 20+ users

6) Multiple users are capable to type and draw on one screen…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Direct Message User Limit Increase

I would like to see the number of people allowed in a direct message groups increase. Keep the same cap on number of users in a video call (10), but increase the number of users allowed in the text chat to 15.

312 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Own video chat

Hide own video in group video call.
    It’s great that you can tile everyone’s faces when chatting, but it’s be good if you could hide your own video from that view. I don’t need to see my face alongside all my friends’!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. it would be very cool to add the ability to stream audio from my PC while connecting with friends

during the call sometimes I want to show some music or audio from whatsapp and this is not possible through the microphone thank you attention

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Native screen resolution sharing when talking to a Nitro member

Dear Discord Team,

I am a Nitro member and me and my friends are using the screen sharing option very frequently. It's okay when I share my screen the others are seeing it clearly but when they are sharing it, all I can see is low res because they are not Nitro members.

I want to see their screen clearly as well, so could you add such feature if a non-nitro shares screen with a nitro member, please let them use the native resolution as it just ruins the whole experience for me.

When they share their screens we always…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide screenshares in DM chats

My friends and I use DMs on discord to screen share our gameplays with each other. My idea to improve on this is the ability to hide not only your own screen, but hide any of your friends' screens as well. At times there will be maybe four or five of us in the DM call but only two of said people are screen sharing. So, the ability to hide the screens not sharing would make the people who are sharing have bigger screens and improve the viewing experience.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. screenshare audio quieting upon sharer talking

With the new update bringing audio to screenshare, I've noticed that when the person sharing talks, the screen audio quiets by a big amount and makes it pretty hard to hear the share. i looked in options and found the attenuation option and made sure that was off but that didnt change anything. would be nice to have an option to turn of that quieting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sharescreen on Servers

I'd love to be able to sharescreen with my friends without having to open up a group chat everytime (being able to sharescreen and use music bots is a big reason). I think I have a way to make it not chaotic, too: have sharescreen channels, similar to voice and chat channels. Maybe there can only be one screen shared on a channel at a time, and a limited number of these channels per server. Maybe server admins could even set permissions for who can and can't share their screens on the channels.

Even if you didn't take that approach,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. focus and size in video calls

the focus in these calls is all off. I mostly have people whom aren't even streaming video taking up space on the video area. The person whom has the largest spot seems to always be one of them as well. Pls either reduce nonstreaming participant's presence to icons on the side or just take their feed off completely until they activate one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. option to disable screenshare audio

nice addition, letting screen share share audio. but i'd like the option to have it not do that, or i;ll be forced to return to skype. this isnt even a threat. i hate skype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The user's removal from the videochat

The initiator of the call would have a right to remove or mute the user. On Skype this can do so can that same add to Discord? This help remove trolls from call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. video

Whenever you call someone in Direct Messages, add a confirmation message for it. I have accidentally started a few video calls, when i actually want to check someones profile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Epoccam

Discord should add support for phone based webcams such as Epoccam, and IPCam.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Manual options for voice & video-calls

Voice and video calls are very important to me, and the way Discord handles them without letting me configure anything is incredibly obtrusive. In my case, I need to be able to send and receive video feeds at a minimum of 144fps, with color matching perfectly to what is being captured, and lossless and/or no compression. I also need to be able to send and receive lossless and/or uncompressed audio over voice chat, with multiple audio input channels/devices simultaneously. The preset screen sizes and framerates are barely usable, I need boundless manual control over the exact values here.
    The final…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide/Remove Dark Vignette on Video Call

Please add the option to hide/remove the dark vignette around video on a video call as it obstructs the video.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Discord Nitro be able to Stream your Gameplay Audio too!

This would be awesome because i know bandwidth is expensive but at least you can make Discord Nitro users to be able to stream with audio

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base