Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. THE LFG TAB!!!

As someone has already said, GIVE LFG BACK PLEASE. I'TS TOO GOOD TO TAKE AWAY!! I've personally made quite a few friends in that lfg tab, and i run into them and others ive played with before quite consistently using it some more.

3,236 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

582 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 535 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. LFG Ideas

The LFG thing was a great idea, like many people have mentioned, I too have made a few friends that I always play with now and it was really fun. But one huge problem was that it was hard finding groups in the first place, why? Because a lot of the groups were completely irrelevant to the game, and were just troll/inappropriate groups. And a lot of people would just get on LFG JUST to bother people that actually wanted to play, they would spam the chat, scream into their mics, connect and disconnect from voice chat to bother people…

487 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. lfg

I think LFG is good except one thing. Invite spam. I think either LFG owners can turn on/off link sharing in LFG chats or have links banned in LFG chats as a whole.

152 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve LFG moderation functions

If the owner of the LFG was able to moderate (ie, delete messages, ban people, & mute people) it would be much more controllable

120 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow users to specify their plans for playing games

So instead of "XY is playing Z" you would see "XY is going to play Z in 1 hour". This would allow friends to organize gaming sessions easier.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Kill Discord LFG please.

The Discord LFG was cancerous. With squeekers and kids on one end, and general ugliness on the other. You would see groups about things that I, and probably others many others don't want to see. People who joined these groups were often buttheads. I have several screenshots of examples of how cancerous the LFG community is. While I had Discord LFG all I wanted to do was remove it. If you're going to re-make Discord LFG, please make a sensor, and some general rules.

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Timestamps for reactions

I (and many others) would like to see timestamps near reactions to be able to distinguish who reacted first and who last.

We usually use special discord channel as a gaming raid planner. To sign up for a planned raid you simply react with the reaction according to your role (i.e. hearth = healer). But if number of signed people exceeds the raid size, we aren't able to distinguish who signed up as last thus can't kick anyone.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. LFG video chat

I think a good addition to LFG would be a video call option with it

This was able to be done with a glitch, and it was actually quite fun! In one we even had a Drawing contest!

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add features to LFG

1. Allow users to opt out of LFG

2. If LFG isn't disabled, don't make it the default tab when Discord is opened

3. More feedback when/if a reported group has been acted on.

4. Add Booleans to search bar.

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. max pepoles

place change max pepoles on group And add owner group can change max pepoles to
    Custom

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Planning to play" Calendar between friends

Hello, i've been thinking about some feature that would be useful for some users. In short - i got friends in Discord, and they add date and the periods when they plan to play (and i add it to) and if the periods are crossed, then all this users getting the message that says they have general time for a game together. Can you consider to add something like this function in Discord?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Nickname

Used to put nicknames in groups. This allows to better recognize if a special event is done in a group

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Server for games

Open a server for disordered games
    In server rules, everyone can choose which games they are playing and they will have access to game rooms
    Each game had voice chat and text

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More helpful guys

Should be a Rule that high lvl help low out. Instead they mock u

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. LFG is the downfall of society

I have rounded up some of this in a qualitative imgur album below
    https://imgur.com/a/Xwjiw

I've tested out LFG for a bit and you've asked for Feedback on the thing. Why not then.

I was told I could use LFG through discordapp.com/lfg and hopped on it. After opening some tabs I noticed that half the groups were just spammy, 90% of spam being in the Minecraft LFG section. I like to see the world burn so I decided to watch them every now and again, I pressed refresh whenever that came up and saw lovely groups. I joined one and saw…

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Looking for game status for friends

Look for a group via profile status

Link a channel or chat group in your profile, that your friends can see, where they can join that group. So you can basically broadcast to your friends that you are, for instance, in a squad group of 4, looking for more players. They can click on the broadcast link and join your channel directly.

This would make it easier to find friends that may not be on at the moment who would hop on for you; or so you don't have to go through your entire friends list asking.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. LFG

Well, this will be a in-depth analogy from my perspective..

well, there was Very little wrong with LFG.. It was Incredible... the only problem i could see was not with Your Program but with the Human Race.. the way a few people acted on there..

so with that being said.. my recommendations are simple..

cant really do a report based thing because them same trolls will use the report function/feature against the good folk who don't wish to troll or be trolled.. so i feel that just a simple temporary name based ban from a group admin would be fine...…

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Discord Server representation/advertisement

To be able to represent a certain discord (as permitted by corresponding discord), highlighted by your name Discord. With a max of 1 server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base