Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Picarto integration

We've already got Twitch integration, so why not Picarto as well?

https://picarto.tv/

While Discord may have been designed for gaming, it's definitely used by more than just the gaming community. We've got Patreon integration already as well, so why not add a popular streaming service used by artists? Just like with Twitch, simply being able to show you're streaming and link to the stream page would go a long way!

I even got memed on by @discordapp and drew a picture for this, make it happen guys.

3,613 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

272 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Vacation Mode (Out of Office)

Even though it may be terrifying. There are times when we will not have access to Discord or any internet to begin with. Usually this has to do with being on vacation, moving, or something else.

Despite telling everyone about your plans to go to Wumpton Island, inevitably people will not get the message or forget.

This mode fixes this by automatically replying to DM's and mentions with a prewritten message. Your status also changes "On break" with a light blue color, this status is treated like any offline user.

220 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Discord for the Nintendo Switch

Just a simple idea

6,616 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

628 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Video Calling Quality Settings

I like to see quailty settings for discord with video calling and screen-sharing. What I'm suggesting is that discord should add some quality settings for video calling and screen-sharing as bandwidth can be a problem for people with bad internet or good internet. With so much bandwidth going in between people from up to down, it can cost a lot for people, data or not. So I suggest with image - Quality settings for video calling

Image example - http://imgur.com/a/Y9rly

350 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow only admins/moderators to mention certain roles

For example, let's say there's a beta tester role. We don't want everyone to be able to mention that role, that would lead to tons of spam and abuse. Why not have an option to allow just admins to mention that role instead of everyone?

1,492 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cover Banners for Community Channels

Name of Idea: Cover Banners for Community Channels

Short Description: Allowing users to upload a cover image for their community channel.

General Description: A cover image for channels could add more flavor to community channels. Basically the idea is for admins to upload an image that would blend with the chat background. The image/ banner should remain in fixed position so it remains present all the time. Only elements that will scroll are the text messages.

Example 1: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/342712580000972801/342713367276027914/testingimage.png?width=1006&height=566

Example 2: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/342712580000972801/342713475153526787/orbitimage.png?width=1006&height=566

410 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reduce white-space between channel categories

The new channel categories are a great way to organize channels, however the large areas of wasted space around then cause originally short channel listings to become much larger for very little gain.
    It would be great if this white-space could be reduced (even just a little) to save space on smaller screens.

186 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. An option to freeze your server in case of a raid.

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid or emergency.
    This technically means a temporary off switch to your server (turning off any sort of activity: messages, kicking, banning, removing or adding roles... just anything except for the owner), which allows you to have time to find out who was the raider and fix the issue before it's too late.

147 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Implement new version of Opus (v1.2)

New version of Opus is out, lots of improvements, also for speech
    https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,114234/topicseen.html
    https://people.xiph.org/~jm/opus/opus-1.2/

"- Speech quality improvements especially in the 12-20 kbit/s range
    - Improved VBR encoding for hybrid mode
    - More aggressive use of wider speech bandwidth, including fullband speech starting at 14 kbit/s
    - Music quality improvements in the 32-48 kb/s range
    - Generic and SSE CELT optimizations
    - Support for directly encoding packets up to 120 ms
    - DTX support for CELT mode
    - SILK CBR improvements
    - Support for all of the fixes in draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-06 (the mono downmix and the folding fixes need --enable-update-draft)
    -…

965 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. role category

See since I've heard that Channel Category has been coming out and now i have seen it in Canary, i was wondering if you guys would do a Role Categories like the channels. It would be useful for a server with a big amount of roles. I haven't thought of how to do like the level of permissions like it is now but i wouldn't be surprised what you, discord devs, think of because you guys are astonishing. You guys never disappoint in what you guys do new to the servers aspect!

184 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add colors to the text messages.

Basically the message modification as: _hey_ **OK**, etc, but it will be some words selectioned for do a message with the wanted color:

Example: (#ffa3e9) PINK PINK PINK (#default) hey

Between the parentheses you place the hexadecimal color, and when you write #default It's the default color that haves the Discord messages. You could also add italic letters with "_" and bold font with "" As it is already implemented in Discord

Example: (#ffa3e9) **PINK** _PINK_(#default) hey

This will be something amazing for do more colorful the messages in Discord, or something in the Private Messages, but I thinked it…

203 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Discord is not only for gamers! Change Discord's description

All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers, developers, friends, family and literally everyone that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

This is how it should be

112 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Solution to 2500+ member mobile push notification limit

Currently discord disables mobile push notifications once a server reaches 2500+ members. Only mentions and tags create notifications beyond that point.

Please raise this limit to 5000+ members.

A better solution would be to add an option for a premium server that would remove this limit. Users that manage servers of this size typically wouldn't mind paying a reasonable fee to preserve mobile push notifications.

211 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom Welcoming Messages

I would really love Custom Welcoming Messages... I even made spent 30 minutes+ in photoshop making a concept... here is the concept https://i.imgur.com/DF51lfI.png .. I really think this would be a great feature!

103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mobile video chat

It would be awesome if we could have vid chat on mobile devices. Thanks.

195 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Increase emoji limit

I want you to increase emoji limit, because it is hard to embody all emoji ideas on the popular server ith lots of users. Lots of people create servers where a large quantity of emojis would be rather useful, but amount of emojis is limited to 50. I'm not asking you to do the amount of emojis to unlimited, I just want it to be increased to 100 or more.

266 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add the Offline list on sidebar when a server has 100+ members

Or, otherwise put, don't make it disappear when reaching 100+ members.

For me, an admin in three servers, a mod in a few others and a member of various Discord servers, losing this list is just dumb and annoying, and it doesn't affect performance at all for me. (see the last paragraph for me elaborating on this)

Make the function toggle-able or lose it. I want to be able to see offline members in Indie Game Utopia (main server I am admin'ing in.) and others to see it as well, in a server that's made for small indies to talk…

1,141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A new "video" channel type, for server-wide video share

We have voice channels, text channels, DM Channels, and Group DM's.

Video is coming to discord, to DM channels, to Group DM channels, but not to servers.

If servers had "Video" channels with their own permissions like, "connect to channel", "send video", "send audio", "view video", "hear audio", etc, that would be so useful.

Think of the possibilities, bots can play videos and everyone can watch them, bots can control what plays.

We could have stats channels, like say a tournament is being ran, you could make a bot live show the tournament/game, with stats, information, just like watching a…

2,130 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make 'admin' role non-movable by 'moderator' role

I mean, I don't want the moderators to be able to move me to another voice room on my server. I've tried it with a friend, who had only the moderator role, and he was able to move me to another channel, even if the admin role, which I had, is higher in the role list than the moderator.

122 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change the Default Colour

Ever wanted to change the default colour on discord? I think it would be a brilliant idea if the people at discord could make it so its possible to change the default colour to whatever they wish, sometimes it can be hard reading grey and I think it needs to be optional.

227 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base