Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need Karaoke with microphone effects, and audio adapter streaming NOW!

WHAT THIS GUY JUST SAYS... BUT BETTER...

Hey guys, if you got a couple minutes, please hear me out!

So, I come from a not-too-far-off app called Raidcall. As you may know, Raidcall's US servers shut down and is now primarily hosted in Russia. Since then, I found plenty of reason to comfortably move to Discord with the rest of my friends. To be perfectly honest, Discord has pretty much everything that made Raidcall awesome to me-- but there's just one thing that made Raidcall awesome that pretty much nobody else did:

Music Mode. Raidcall had a simple button that…

1,324 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

171 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen Sharing without a camera

So I am one of the 5% of the people who can test Screen Sharing, but I've noticed that Screen Sharing requires to start a video call, which requires a camera. Basically, you can't start a screen sharing session without having a webcam. I think we should be able to start screen sharing without having one as I don't really understand why it would require one.

88 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audit log if messages are deleted

I agree with the stance it's the user's right to delete their message and have it be deleted, I think it should be logged that a message was in fact deleted, in what channel, by who, and who's message. With reasons. This would allow you to see if a mod is deleting tons of messages for no reason quietly, or if you swear you saw something suspicious and you think it got deleted, you can check that. No message content needed.

715 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. lift the ban on self-harm talks

i don't support lifting the ban on NSFW content outside of NSFW chats, that is really intrusive and shouldn't be unbanned

i must also preface that I don't support the unbanning of lolicon, shotacon, and guro, that is heavily normalizing of pedophilia and could seriously affect people who have histories involving abuse

however, the ban on self-harm will inevitably lead to people avoiding talking about the issues that affect them. when people are contemplating, it should be obvious that a space in which they can talk about their issues without legal action against them or account suspending, and it's obviously…

465 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Whiteboard Integration

I think it would be nice if Discord had some kind of drawing board for sharing quick ideas that are less understandable through words, like telling your friend how you outplayed someone in League if you forgot to record it, or planning your strategy in CSGO, or just to draw pictures for fun. This would be very helpfel to Tactical gamers.
    Imagine you're planning your strategy on that board with the map as background image, and during the operation you can press a key to make it appear in the overlay. Ideally, you can also ping the enemies' last know…

5,680 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change emoticons to Blobs

They are better and have way more variety.

353 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Update to EmojiOne 3.1

Currently Discord is on EmojiOne 2.3 (I believe), which is kinda lame and doesn't have extremely important emojis such as the male :shrug: emoji, or the :flying_saucer: emoji. Also, EmojiOne 3.1 has a new style which I (personally) think looks much nicer than 2.3

146 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Blocking Needs More Options

Add several options to the block feature per-block:
    1. Block DMs
    2. Block direct mentions
    3. Block role mentions
    4. Block all messages
    5. Block only on following servers: [list of joint servers]
    6. Hide blocked message text

I don't see why this shouldn't be a thing. It is not hard to implement and it doesn't harm anyone, only benefits those who want to block people.

154 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More status options than "Playing"

What I think would be cool is if we would be able to set our status to other things than just "playing *game*". So what I would like to see added is that when choosing your status (Online, Inactive, Do not disturb), there would be a drop down menu where you can choose things like "Cooking *food*, Watching *movie*, Having a *activity*. If no game is being played the choosen status would show instead of "playing game".

Here are some ideas that could be featured:

Cooking "pancakes"

Watching "Rouge One"

Having a "party"

At "lunchbreak"

Working with "After Effects"

Creating…

7,909 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. <name> is online.

Something similar to skype where you get a notification if your friend comes online. There should also be an option to disable this for certain friends or entirely.

155 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Gift Other Users Nitro

As a big community owner, it'd be nice to have the ability to gift other users Nitro for giveaways or for people who can't afford it.

3,717 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The totally useless statistics page

The page discordapp deserves, but not the one it needs

A page on the website where you could see super useless counters updated every minute or so, would have stuff like:

Number of times people have flipped tables

Number of times the :poop: emoji was used

Number of times people have been ratelimited

Number of people who use discord while on the toilet (I'm sure the devs know)

And a lot more

292 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Use External Emojis" Should Have to be Enabled

This option to disable the use of external emojis should be removed.

Discord Nitro is a wonderful way to support this growing platform that many of us love. That being said, $5 a month is a lot to ask for many people, especially if no rewards is offered in return.

Luckily though, you guys offer some great rewards to help make that money feel like it's worth paying. One of those rewards being the universal use of all one's collected emojis on "any" server...
    If only they could be used on "any" server.

I find it kind of absurd that…

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Strawpoll integration or built-in polling tool

Including embedding Strawpolls so Discord users can vote straight from the app or creating your own polling system on Discord would be an incredibly useful tool. This idea has been mentioned on here a few times already and has gotten quite a good amount of votes, but I have not seen (I may be wrong) any response from developers on the matter.
    There have been countless times where being able to host a poll in one of my text channels would have been a great thing to have.

109 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Maintenance mode

Ok, so say you need to do some work to your server and you don't want users online. You enable maintenance mode in the server settings so that only admins can connect. When users click on your server a page pops up saying 'Servername is currently in Maintenance Mode. Estimated time left: ----- ' or something simular?

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bigger video call view with text-chat still visible

When we're in a video call, standard view (the half-half split) makes the video a little too small to see comfortably. Full view has a good video size, but then I can't see the DM chat.

Perhaps while in call other elements (friend list, channel list, callers' avatars) can be minimized or simply the ratio between video view and DM chat be adjustable, so we can see both a big enough video and text chat as well.

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. show what message was deleted in audit logs

it would be nice if deleted messages would be shown in the audit logs, currently it only shows who deleted it, but i think it would be better if the message that was deleted was there too

100 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cover Banners for Community Channels

Name of Idea: Cover Banners for Community Channels

Short Description: Allowing users to upload a cover image for their community channel.

General Description: A cover image for channels could add more flavor to community channels. Basically the idea is for admins to upload an image that would blend with the chat background. The image/ banner should remain in fixed position so it remains present all the time. Only elements that will scroll are the text messages.

Example 1: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/342712580000972801/342713367276027914/testingimage.png?width=1006&height=566

Example 2: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/342712580000972801/342713475153526787/orbitimage.png?width=1006&height=566

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display your badge!

I appreciate that this won't make a blind bit of difference for a lot of people, but currently badges (nitro, hype, partner and staff) are only displayed in your profile.

Unless you have an easily visible feature (like an animated picture), very few people will realise that you have a global rank.

I think your highest badge should be displayed before your name in chat, for those on the COZY display. (http://i.imgur.com/pMzFOyC.png)
    The badge should also be displayed by your name in the member list.

This would be a great nitro perk, to have the badge more visible,…

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Video call and screenshare at the same time

Please add the ability for one user to simultaneously share their screen and video at the same time.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base