Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make minimum window size an optional feature.

Ever since the last update (earlier today), discord has now a minimum window size.

However, this minimum window size is way waaay too big for me. I want my window way smaller than that, I like to keep discord opened on my second screen and I only really need to see the last 2~3 messages.
    Right now, discord takes up half of my screen, I don't need or want it to take up that much of the screen.

I can see how it's needed in certain occasions, or how it's handy for a few people. I also know there's been…

985 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

87 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Welcoming Messages

I would really love Custom Welcoming Messages... I even made spent 30 minutes+ in photoshop making a concept... here is the concept https://i.imgur.com/DF51lfI.png .. I really think this would be a great feature!

362 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Busy Status Indicator

With the different status' available the use of Do Not Disturb seems a little harsh when maybe you are only in the middle of a game or just busy working and may not be able to answer right away but are open to receiving messages. Online shows too much leniency and notification sounds. This is why I believe we should have a "Busy" status indicator that doesn't give notification sounds much like Do Not Disturb but allows other users to know we will get back to them albeit a bit delayed. The color could be Pink or Blue.

1,143 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Right-Click on Messages->Report = Notify Mods/Admins (* Role) on server

Basically should be a simple way to report messages instead of having to @mention moderators in each channel that may be compromised.

So, this came about when a user spammed a bunch of channels, well, I @moderators every channel that was corrupted. So that was about 5-6 mentions. When it could just be easier to just right click on message and report them to the right roles.

And/or have some sort of Message Report log, for admins to look at. And they can then delete, edit or warn that message poster all in one interface quickly, instead of jumping to…

385 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. <name> is online.

Something similar to skype where you get a notification if your friend comes online. There should also be an option to disable this for certain friends or entirely.

2,100 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cross Channel Communication

Good Day!

New feature suggestions - cross channel communications like in Mumble.

What is Cross Channel Communication? Ex: some specific users with special permissions (could be a tag like "Squad Leader") can say something using a hotkey such as an important message and all other voice channels can hear it.

This is a very useful feature in MMOs games, especially for larger guilds and alliances with multiple voice channels! This makes for great communication and team work.

Currently a lot of us are force to use other communication apps like mumble and TS for this feature. It would be awesome…

210 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. secret roles

It would be useful if server admins could create secret roles which can't be seen by regular users. For example, it would allow the moderator of a game of Werewolf to give the werewolves permission to talk in a private channel without giving away the werewolves' identities to the remaining players.

252 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Be invisible on one server but online on another.

We can choose on which server we are online but invisible on other. Imagine I am on a server but I want to leave them to devote myself to another server without being told "you were online ... Why not be with us ... Liar" Because yes sometimes I was lying . For having peace on another servers. Thank you !

2,450 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. role category

See since I've heard that Channel Category has been coming out and now i have seen it in Canary, i was wondering if you guys would do a Role Categories like the channels. It would be useful for a server with a big amount of roles. I haven't thought of how to do like the level of permissions like it is now but i wouldn't be surprised what you, discord devs, think of because you guys are astonishing. You guys never disappoint in what you guys do new to the servers aspect!

395 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Even more intergation!

There are so many services and gaming platforms.

Some intergation i really would appreciate:
    - Github
    - Uplay
    - Origin
    - Mixer
    - Tumblr
    - Picarto
    - Deviantart
    - PSN
    - Nintendo
    - Xbox

And there are many more able to get added!

266 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Video Calling Quality Settings

I like to see quailty settings for discord with video calling and screen-sharing. What I'm suggesting is that discord should add some quality settings for video calling and screen-sharing as bandwidth can be a problem for people with bad internet or good internet. With so much bandwidth going in between people from up to down, it can cost a lot for people, data or not. So I suggest with image - Quality settings for video calling

Image example - http://imgur.com/a/Y9rly

607 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Making your own status

You should be able to make your own status
    There are for example 'playing Overwatch'
    but if you could make your own ones you could for example have the status
    'playing with wumpus' or 'watching anime'

251 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Proper iPhone X Support

I know the Discord app was recently updated to support the iPhone X, but this was done by adding black bars to the top and bottom of screen (something Apple instructs developers not to do).

Hopefully the iPhone development team can look into this.

From Apple's website: "Don't attempt to hide the device's rounded corners, sensor housing, or indicator for accessing the Home screen by placing black bars at the top and bottom of the screen."

source: https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/overview/iphone-x

102 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nickname History

just for good flashbacks kthx.

387 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Slectable Notification Sounds

Each Chat Channel should have the option if slecting their Notification sound from the phones Notifications audio files.

This would give us the ability to know the difference between Channel post without having to even look at the phone.

It would also give us the ability to shut the Notification Sound Completely while still seeing the visual Notification of every post if we so chose.

This would be beneficial to those of us who cannot have the phone Notifications sound all day but would like the ability to lift the phone and see if something has been posted on there…

152 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Restore from audit log

Simply a way to restore things (deleted roles, channels, etc) within ~24hrs of the action.

128 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cover Banners for Community Channels

Name of Idea: Cover Banners for Community Channels

Short Description: Allowing users to upload a cover image for their community channel.

General Description: A cover image for channels could add more flavor to community channels. Basically the idea is for admins to upload an image that would blend with the chat background. The image/ banner should remain in fixed position so it remains present all the time. Only elements that will scroll are the text messages.

Example 1: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/342712580000972801/342713367276027914/testingimage.png?width=1006&height=566

Example 2: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/342712580000972801/342713475153526787/orbitimage.png?width=1006&height=566

663 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow muting notifications by role

Oftentimes servers will give everybody a role and then ping that role instead of pinging @.everyone, this allows them to ping everybody even though we have @.everyone and @.here supressed. Alternatively, you could implement a "block all" mode, which blocks all pings, regardless of if they're @.you directly, @.your_role, or @.everyone.

392 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. very quick to mention the person in the chat

can make a double click on the logo, and mention the person in the chat!!!
    not convenient to right click, and then look for a mention in the chat, it's a long job. please, double-click to mention the person in the chat!!!

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reduce white-space between channel categories

The new channel categories are a great way to organize channels, however the large areas of wasted space around then cause originally short channel listings to become much larger for very little gain.
    It would be great if this white-space could be reduced (even just a little) to save space on smaller screens.

300 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base