Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. An option to freeze your server in case of a raid.

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid or emergency.
    This technically means a temporary off switch to your server (turning off any sort of activity: messages, kicking, banning, removing or adding roles... just anything except for the owner), which allows you to have time to find out who was the raider and fix the issue before it's too late.

2,341 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More languages!

Fill the crowdin page!

157 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More Payment Options (Amazon Payments, Visa Checkout, PaySafe, etc.)

Direct Credit-Card and PayPal is awesome for Nitro, but there should be more Payment options to support. As gamers, common ones we see are Amazon Payments, Visa Checkout, PaySafe, etc. Many supportive options that allow us to subscribe to Twitch/Mixer streamers...but Discord only allows 2 options!

180 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Discord is not only for gamers! Change Discord's description

All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers, developers, friends, family and literally everyone that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

This is how it should be

1,772 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Loading Lines

Hey, thanks for taking your time to come here with your amazing ideas for new Loading Lines! You can comment them here instead of making a new suggestion just for it. What you can also do is Tweet them to @discordapp.

This suggestion also functions as a Megathread to merge new Loading Line sugegstions into. When merging them, please add a comment of the suggested line as well so that it doesn't get lost.
    ~ Your friends at https://discord.gg/discord-feedback

1,092 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1518 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spotify, NOW Google Play Music?

I love how Spotify recently got discord access! Google Play Music, probably Apple Music if they even are okay with that, the three biggest music services on Discord would be amazing!

160 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable pop-out video chat, and allow dragging the box anywhere.

Currently, the video chat function is limited only to when you have discord focused, a 'pop out' button would be a really good idea.

As well, currently you can only drag the window (While in a chat other than who you're calling) to either the top or bottom right, it'd be nice if you could fix it anywhere on the screen.

4,134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rollback the emoji maximum size

Please rollback the new emoji size limit. 256KB can barely hold a couple of frames in a gif. (and here I'm assuming you mistakenly wrote kb instead of KB since there's a big difference between the two).

It's insanely limiting and animated emotes are pretty much useless now.

172 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Vacation Mode (Out of Office)

Even though it may be terrifying. There are times when we will not have access to Discord or any internet to begin with. Usually this has to do with being on vacation, moving, or something else.

Despite telling everyone about your plans to go to Wumpton Island, inevitably people will not get the message or forget.

This mode fixes this by automatically replying to DM's and mentions with a prewritten message. Your status also changes "On break" with a light blue color, this status is treated like any offline user.

1,930 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Vote kick

Hi,

We've all been in voice channels with annoying people, those trolls who play extremely loud music and just being annoying in general.

Now, I propose a vote kick system, based on the number of people in the specific voice chat channel. If 75% or at least 50% of the users agree for person X to be kicked, then you simply kick him.

This is very useful for large communities when you need to get rid of someone on the whim, without having to wait who knows how long for a moderator.

Just a thought... :)

541 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Screen Sharing on servers

It shouldn't be necessary all the trouble of going into a new call with tons of people (who you might not even know) just so you can share some moment.

Allowing and option to share screen where others could press a Screen Button to watch it would be perfect.

Or any other functional approach;

It's all about the experience and this inconvenience is a turn off some of the times.

I hope one day we can open card packs on servers.

268 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Restore from audit log

Simply a way to restore things (deleted roles, channels, etc) within ~24hrs of the action.

672 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a option to make servers publicly viewable if not signed in

Some platforms do not allow discord links because its not viewable publicly without signing in. A good example of this is the ROBLOX game dev platform, it's large, but moderators can't easily view discord servers without joining as a user.

I suggest making it possible for servers to allow viewing it publicly, this could also make it easier for people to determine if they want to join it. And even use it as a public platform for posting news, etc.

Although i can see issues with non-signed in users going past rate limits, but that could be a temporary ip…

419 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Black Bar

That new black title bar is so agonizing, that make me feel like if I had less space to see the messages in servers, I would like to back to the previous version!

699 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Bots to have variable rate limits on a case by case basis

Tie bot Rate Limits to its bot token. If bots that are super busy, they are able to have higher global (and possibly per-route) limits so they don't get backlogged and hinder user experience of using it.

Or, perhaps have a verified bot system where larger bots or bots that go through some sort of verification system inherently have higher limits. But again, this likely will have to tie limits to a bot token (or maybe their client id).

Example, I run Now Live, which announces live streams all across Discord in 23k+ guilds and regularly gets bogged down with…

103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Maintenance mode

Ok, so say you need to do some work to your server and you don't want users online. You enable maintenance mode in the server settings so that only admins can connect. When users click on your server a page pops up saying 'Servername is currently in Maintenance Mode. Estimated time left: ----- ' or something simular?

3,104 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. lfg

I think LFG is good except one thing. Invite spam. I think either LFG owners can turn on/off link sharing in LFG chats or have links banned in LFG chats as a whole.

94 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom Welcoming Messages

I would really love Custom Welcoming Messages... I even made spent 30 minutes+ in photoshop making a concept... here is the concept https://i.imgur.com/DF51lfI.png .. I really think this would be a great feature!

871 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Message deleting

Whatever conversations you may be having, every one of us has come to the moment where we wish we could delete messages. Not one by one, but in mass. Not only your messages but the other person's too. Most messaging apps have this feature and I think it would be one that is beneficial to add for users. Currently the only way to get rid of messages is to block someone which is a pain.

Give a warning that the messages won't be able to be recovered and you're set.

255 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Right-Click on Messages->Report = Notify Mods/Admins (* Role) on server

Basically should be a simple way to report messages instead of having to @mention moderators in each channel that may be compromised.

So, this came about when a user spammed a bunch of channels, well, I @moderators every channel that was corrupted. So that was about 5-6 mentions. When it could just be easier to just right click on message and report them to the right roles.

And/or have some sort of Message Report log, for admins to look at. And they can then delete, edit or warn that message poster all in one interface quickly, instead of jumping to…

919 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base