Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lifetime option for Discord Nitro

Hi Guys,

I thought that a lifetime option would be really cool.
    However, I've already seen a few threads that contain the same, but I think that's really bad.

Discord is a really awesome program which now has some benefits, as you should not introduce a nitro rank is too expensive.
    I mean 5 € are not much but there are more people who have less money than a lot.

Personally, I always wanted to get this rank, but I'm 5 € monthly or 50 € a year too expensive, because I would for example get more on Amazon Prime…

318 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Avatar image change time

Dear Discord,

Out of the many service platforms that I have used for gaming and social media, I have never encountered one with an hour cooldown for avatar and name changes. Many services allow infinite changes, which I personally support. Even if, for some unlikely reason, you've determined that a limit is necessary, I ask that you change the time to something less ridiculous than an hour.
    Many people change their avatar images because compared to other platforms like Steam, discords avatar image review system is mediocre at best. That, in combination with your outstandingly high cooldown, has pissed off…

213 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rollback the emoji maximum size

Please rollback the new emoji size limit. 256KB can barely hold a couple of frames in a gif. (and here I'm assuming you mistakenly wrote kb instead of KB since there's a big difference between the two).

It's insanely limiting and animated emotes are pretty much useless now.

488 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. LFG Ideas

The LFG thing was a great idea, like many people have mentioned, I too have made a few friends that I always play with now and it was really fun. But one huge problem was that it was hard finding groups in the first place, why? Because a lot of the groups were completely irrelevant to the game, and were just troll/inappropriate groups. And a lot of people would just get on LFG JUST to bother people that actually wanted to play, they would spam the chat, scream into their mics, connect and disconnect from voice chat to bother people…

427 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow changing color for @everyone

Being able to change the color for the everyone role would have positive benefits across the board (especially with server theming)

4,781 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Screen Sharing on servers

It shouldn't be necessary all the trouble of going into a new call with tons of people (who you might not even know) just so you can share some moment.

Allowing and option to share screen where others could press a Screen Button to watch it would be perfect.

Or any other functional approach;

It's all about the experience and this inconvenience is a turn off some of the times.

I hope one day we can open card packs on servers.

805 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Restrict posting links

Enable/disable posting links for specific roles.

165 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Way to save and switch profiles quickly

My little brother always logs me out of my own profile and uses his own, and it sometimes just annoys me to login again. There should a list of saved profiles in the login screen, so that when you click it, it automatically logs you in to that profile.

95 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How-long-I-have-been-on-Discord Badge

A badge that only shows up on your account when you have it enabled in settings. Shows since when the User is appart of Discord/when the account was created.

382 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More languages!

Fill the crowdin page!

269 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
    > Categories
    -channels
    >Sub-Categories
    -channels
    (apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

3,442 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

137 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. NSFW pin code and "PANIC" button

I would like to see a nsfw pin code function, because my sister yesterday just came into my room and opened an NSFW channel.
    My idea:
    -When opening an nsfw channel it requests a pin code.
    -Pin code is changeable and can be switched off.
    -Nsfw pin can be created only localy(only user, not server)
    And a panic shortcut to request password again.

What do you think guys?

155 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Premium server

Maybe discord can add a feature that you can have a premium server that allows you more, like an animated server profile picture, more server emoji's and that kind of stuff. (Like nitro but for servers maybe?)

138 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. An option to freeze your server in case of a raid.

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid or emergency.
    This technically means a temporary off switch to your server (turning off any sort of activity: messages, kicking, banning, removing or adding roles... just anything except for the owner), which allows you to have time to find out who was the raider and fix the issue before it's too late.

3,029 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mute symbol should look different when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves.

Why does the mute symbol look the same when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves? Many times now I've muted a user some other day, don't remember it, join a channel where he is and I just think he's muted himself and I probably talk over him.

3,535 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Admin Icon - Give Admins a better way to identify themselves

The idea is that admins could have a small bubble (an icon) added to their profile picture (or name, for the compact view) to quickly display that this user is an admin, withing the actual chat without looking at the member list.

The bubble could be either a custom picture in a very small resolution (hence it being an icon) or a preset (colors, forms, e.t.c.) which can be activated or deactivated for the server. It could be displayed either at the top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right of the profile picture.

I ever felt like it…

7,330 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

151 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. bad use of emotes servers

I would like to give some suggestions about an issue that has bothered me since a lot of time, and it could bring problems to discord due to the nature of the problem.
    Constantly I found some discords servers with 2000/20000 members or more where there are a massive quantity of stolen content which I can easily identify, this content belongs to twitch and their partners, and i’m one of them,
    The point is that the discord users pay nitro to use the emotes of every server where they are freely in all discord, but what is the problem? The…

91 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Loading Lines

Hey, thanks for taking your time to come here with your amazing ideas for new Loading Lines! You can comment them here instead of making a new suggestion just for it. What you can also do is Tweet them to @discordapp.

This suggestion also functions as a Megathread to merge new Loading Line sugegstions into. When merging them, please add a comment of the suggested line as well so that it doesn't get lost.
    ~ Your friends at https://discord.gg/discord-feedback

1,280 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2444 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Restore from audit log

Simply a way to restore things (deleted roles, channels, etc) within ~24hrs of the action.

1,254 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Profile pictures for roles

Instead of a role to be just a name why not add make it able to choose a little badge aswell that shows on the right sidebalk above the people with the role (you can do this for hypesquad for example, or for E-sport teams for example that they show the team logo as role name.)

119 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base