Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow @mentions to be used only by specific roles

Right now custom roles can either be mentioned by everyone in the server, or no one at all. Having a setting to give a specific role ping access would be amazing for every discord server that uses custom roles.

Instead of having
    "Allow anyone to @mention this role"
    we could have
    "Allow <select role> to @mention this role"

This can work similar to how @here and @everyone do: If the user doesn't have access to ping @role, then a notification won't be sent and that message won't be highlighted.

This is a feature highly wanted by every Role Based Discord…

293 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Avatar image change time

Dear Discord,

Out of the many service platforms that I have used for gaming and social media, I have never encountered one with an hour cooldown for avatar and name changes. Many services allow infinite changes, which I personally support. Even if, for some unlikely reason, you've determined that a limit is necessary, I ask that you change the time to something less ridiculous than an hour.
    Many people change their avatar images because compared to other platforms like Steam, discords avatar image review system is mediocre at best. That, in combination with your outstandingly high cooldown, has pissed off…

744 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blocking Users Gives A Warning If You Join A Server With Them

You should REALLY make it so, if you try to join a server and someone you've blocked is in there, you get a popup with their ID, letting you know beforehand.

It'd make me feel a lot more secure about actually joining new servers, along with many others.

583 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. NSFW pin code and "PANIC" button

I would like to see a nsfw pin code function, because my sister yesterday just came into my room and opened an NSFW channel.
    My idea:
    -When opening an nsfw channel it requests a pin code.
    -Pin code is changeable and can be switched off.
    -Nsfw pin can be created only localy(only user, not server)
    And a panic shortcut to request password again.

What do you think guys?

695 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lifetime option for Discord Nitro

Hi Guys,

I thought that a lifetime option would be really cool.
    However, I've already seen a few threads that contain the same, but I think that's really bad.

Discord is a really awesome program which now has some benefits, as you should not introduce a nitro rank is too expensive.
    I mean 5 € are not much but there are more people who have less money than a lot.

Personally, I always wanted to get this rank, but I'm 5 € monthly or 50 € a year too expensive, because I would for example get more on Amazon Prime…

847 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PS4

Let us connect our PSN Accounts with discord to see what we are playing on PS4 or even better if Discord would be an application for PS4

236 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How-long-I-have-been-on-Discord Badge

A badge that only shows up on your account when you have it enabled in settings. Shows since when the User is appart of Discord/when the account was created.

1,220 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More Payment Options (Amazon Payments, Visa Checkout, PaySafe, etc.)

Direct Credit-Card and PayPal is awesome for Nitro, but there should be more Payment options to support. As gamers, common ones we see are Amazon Payments, Visa Checkout, PaySafe, etc. Many supportive options that allow us to subscribe to Twitch/Mixer streamers...but Discord only allows 2 options!

1,177 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Verified Bots

I think bots should be able to get verified so you know when a bot dm's you that it is the official bot instead of getting dm'ed by a fake one with the same name and profile picture.

515 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Password Protected Servers

It would be a great if you could set a password for people to join the server. For example, if someone clicks the instant invite link, they are prompted for a password, which the owner can give them. I think this would stop random people joining the server if the invite link gets spread.

11,538 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

425 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Server folders

there should be folders for your servers. you drag a server on top of another server they both go in a folder, like an app on your phone. And you can add more servers to the folder and there will be a folder icon instead of server icons

166 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add StreamLabs OBS to StreamerMode app detection

StreamLabs has now partnered with OBS so there is now a StreamLabs OBS release, and it would be nice if that could get also detected by Discord and turn on Streamer Mode automatically.

1,549 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PS4 Integration / Rich Presence

With the new Xbox Integration and Rich Presence, it would be a good idea to also have one for PS4. Then you could who is playing on Xbox and on a PS4!

184 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Share System Sound

So with screen sharing and video calls just hitting discord, what better way to accompany them than by also adding an option to share your system sound like skype can!

In skype you can share your system sound with your friend without it looping their voice back through, which is super useful for applications such as watching someone play a game, or showing music projects etc!

Also if the system sound is Stereo that would be a step up on skype!

7,520 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

269 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. a welcome panel for new people

so you know when you join and you dont know where to go? i think that a little popup panel would be a great benefit to those who dont know how to use discord or dont know the rules
    i made a little prototype here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/365568335359770624/440257154331443210/3695872fc73c428e319af0343bba63ea.png

198 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premium server

Maybe discord can add a feature that you can have a premium server that allows you more, like an animated server profile picture, more server emoji's and that kind of stuff. (Like nitro but for servers maybe?)

418 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Server Categories

Ability to sort Servers into Categories to help lessen your side bar list. Such as "Private Servers" "Streamer Servers" and so on. That way once you click on the specific category, it has a similar feature to the drop down text-channels and shows what servers are stored within said category list.

170 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Profile pictures for roles

Instead of a role to be just a name why not add make it able to choose a little badge aswell that shows on the right sidebalk above the people with the role (you can do this for hypesquad for example, or for E-sport teams for example that they show the team logo as role name.)

396 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Spotify, NOW Google Play Music?

I love how Spotify recently got discord access! Google Play Music, probably Apple Music if they even are okay with that, the three biggest music services on Discord would be amazing!

775 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Saving an image without going to your browser

Instead of
    1. Right Clicking the image you want to save
    2. Clicking open link (sends you to your browser to save it)
    Why not have
    1. Right click
    2. Download through discord.
    Here is a link to a screenshot of why it is a pain.
    http://prntscr.com/izyfx8

275 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base