Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a bind to toggle audio inputs

Maybe this only hits the musicians that use the service, but I've recently began a band with friends I know online. Since playing bass guitar over my microphone (As well as wanting to record my playing), I decided to go out and buy an external audio card (The M-Audio 2X2M, for those who care). I can use it as an input device, same as with my Blue Yeti mic, but there's one problem. When I'm playing, I can't talk, and when I'm talking, I can't play. I have to go to the settings every time I want to switch from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improved Image, GIF, GIFV, and Video Sizing

Original Reddit Post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/66lsvu/feature_req_improved_image_size/

CSS:

.message-group .comment .attachment-image a, .message-group .comment .attachment-image canvas, .message-group .comment .attachment-image img

display: block;
    width: -webkit-calc(100vw - 422px);
    height: auto;
    max-height: 520px;
    object-fit: contain;
    max-width: 720px;
    object-position: left;

Picture Examples:
    http://imgur.com/a/CZsQb

This same technique can be applied to GIFV. It was a little harder to get this working on youtube videos because I had to restrict the video to a 16:9 aspect ratio using a weird padding percentage technique.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Floating Chat Heads (mobile)

The floating chat heads that Facebook Messenger uses is a quick and convenient 1 button press to access your chat groups. My friends and I have been looking for a new platform, but we feel that the chat heads are a feature we can't live without. Please please please help us get away from the dumpster fire that is Facebook Messenger!

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AutoTune

My idea is that, I would like to auto tune my voice, so when ever I speak to my friends, I can change me voice.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Download Discord For ChromeOS

Be Able To Download Discord For Chrome

223 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Detach Direct Message window from main ui

Detachable DM windows or the ability to orphan/spawn chat windows separate to the parent UI.

Rough request I know but you get the idea. *I hope*

It would be nice to be able to drag the conversation 'out of the box' as it were by dragging the chat head under the "<Direct Messages> " title similar to the functionality of chrome's tab dragging if that helps to provide some context to the idea?

I use this app on a daily basis on multiple devices, I am speaking of course for the desktop version with regards to this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Timezone Assistance

Option to enable detection of "#"+":" +"##"+"AM/PM" and assume the writer is speaking in their selected timezone, and anybody with it enabled sees that in their timezone.
    (Which would require an option for both enable/disable, and setting your timezone.)
    OR
    In the emotes, a button for a time, maybe a calendar or clock popup, and it converts for everyone into their time.
    OR
    A way to denote a time, and have it converted across timezones like :t:7:34PM: which, if read from a different timezone, would display it in their timezone.
    (Slightly more questionable, barring the use of dates or days,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Role Organization

As someone who assigns roles to people be it based on rank or something they've said as a joke, roles tend to pile up.

Why not have sub-folders to organize roles? Create a role, drag and drop it into its appropriate folder, and then organize the hierarchy inside it so you can choose which colors show up over others.

It becomes a bit tedious to distinguish mod roles from joke roles after a point, and my own server is nearing that point.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. End Key for Channel Text - Jump-to-present

Basically the jump to present doesn't show all the time and I would like a simple keyboard button that DOES exist on modern ( -sarcasm- SINCE 1986 folks... get with the times).

The use of the 'End' key to jump to present would be much appreciated. The 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys are already implemented. Why forget about the End key?

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Purchase Additional Partner Hoodies for Team Led Servers

Partner hoodies are awesome and our team (about 5 of us) would love to rep it. Unfortunately, there wasn't a size large enough for all 5 of us to fit into it. We tried very hard to all fit in, but wouldn't happen. Maybe you can offer the ability to purchase additional partner hoodies for other members on the team (maybe cap it at 5 or 7 to prevent abuse). Our server is not based on one person, so it has been a team effort to get it to this point. Cheers!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom Time for Server Invites

I think a custom choosable time for server invitations (not only choosable from a dropdown menu) would be helpful.

Like:

1. Choose when the link should be disabled

2. Select Custom

3. Type the time you want to disable the Link like 3 Hours

4. be Happy :)

Sorry for my English if something is wrong :D

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hide reactions on android app

I personally don't find reactions useful, and a lot of users like to abuse them so I hide them on desktop, but why not allow that on the android app too? I don't have an iphone so I don't know if this is an option for iOS correct me if it's possible to do that on iOS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change ":s" from ":unamused:" to ":confused:"

Whenever somebody I chat with uses ":s" I immediately think, "what was weird with what I wrote?" not that they're not amused with what I've said... :s should mean that somebody is confused, therefore ":confused:" would be a better option for when typing ":s"

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Discord Server Tabbing/ Cross-Chat

I like that on TS3 I can use hotkeys to change between servers I am currently in, and quickly mute/deafen the one I am currently in to make a brief dip in-and out.

I'd really like to be able to do something in Discord. Perhaps join multiple voice chats on different servers that are listed as 'live' in the top left below where new messages appear.

I'd like you to be able to choose whether the chats you're in are automatically muted/deafened, so that you can perhaps hear the chat you're not in, or maybe have a separate hot key…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. email the user for starage logins even when token is used.

email the user for starage logins even when token is used.
    i seen manny token steallers beening sold and not letting if thay been hacked seems a bad ide. make this right and let user know this so thay can secure thare acc faster.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Send message button

Most chats have send message/enter button which works like enter button on keyboard. It is more of quality of life improvement because people who are too lazy to press enter on keyboard or have weird hand placement can just click with mouse and send message. The button should be on the right in place of emoji and emoji and upload files should be on the left and made smaller just for general cleansiness.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Text Dump

When you delete a text chat in a server the messages are just all gone-- unless you copy paste what can be over 10,000 messages from various people into another text chat. This can be very tedious since there is a 2,000 character limit for messages.

Instead of copying and pasting a text chat that is in a server you should be presented with an option to place all messages from that text chat into a new or already existing one. This would be, in a sense, a text dump of sorts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Deputy Owner

We need a deputy owner; a way to be able to have ownership automatically transferred if the account (owner's) is deleted or perhaps have a set time period that if that owner goes away from the guild for perhaps one month, six months and a year; or simply if the owner decides to go **** mode and delete the server entirely rather than transfer ownership with no warning to its members. The deputy can get the server instead.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. /me command

Having a /me command that would work like this:
    /me is having a nice cup of coffee
    *[Username] is having a nice cup of coffee*

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Server room notifications marker

i deeply feel the white lil mark on the side of the discord window next to the Server room when a notification happens isn't enough and needs to be bigger or done better. IE a ring around the icon? Or some thing more than a small lil dot.... at least make the dot be colored OR had a lil Dot at the side or bottom left, this will also let you add a number of notifications are in that Server room...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base