Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Volume

Recently a friend of mine complained that he couldn't get someone's volume meter back to 100% exactly, it kept skipping over to 99% or 101%.

He ended up googling a fix and had to use CTRL + Shift + I to mess with something or other in there to fix it, but it gave me an idea.

Simply put, my idea was to perhaps add in a simple - and + button to the end of the individual volume bars for users, allowing us to increase volume in increments of 1.

Additionally you could add a method of directly typing…

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Idea to stop spread of chain letters

Would be cool to setup some kind of message filter that detects when someone is repeatedly sending those chain letters about Discord around and an automated PM would be sent to the user explaining that it's a chain letter.. and of course make some kind of announcement about it in an update explaining that the message they're sent is legitimate based on having something special with the name that people can't normally do.. like a specially colored username.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to set avatars as squares.

Let users have the ability to set square avatars instead of circles because circles take up a lot of the image.

Example: https://u.nya.is/jboqgo.png

379 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Control discord with voice

When I'm playing a game in fullscreen and someone calls me, I can't pick up and the ringing will disturb me because I wanna pick up but I can't. How about something like "Hey Discord" or so as triggering command, and then you can say stuff like "Who's calling me", "pick up", etc.

Would be quite useful imo ^^

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a Copy Button next to the hidden Bot secret

So you can get it into your Clipboard without showing it

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to adjust master volume with keybind(s)

Having the ability to adjust the master volume isn't in the desktop app and it would be a brilliant feature to add into the app. I don't want to tab out from a game to manually adjust the volume in the audio centre for the discord app, so introducing a master volume to the desktop app and the ability to increase/decrease with keybinds would be smashing!

This feature is already on Teamspeak!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Permit connection from multiple devices, like skype. Where you have one device that provide a mic like a phone or tablet, and you can hear a

Permit connection from multiple devices, like skype. Where you have one device that provide a mic like a phone or tablet, and you can hear audio from your pc. Skype allows you to do this so it's certainly possible

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Temporary Server

You have the limits of 100 servers. It's quite low. But I want a system where you can join a server with a link, like TeamSpeak. And when you left the server, all your data is saved, and you can reconnect to the server, with the same link.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. server history

It would be cool if accounts could have like a "log/list" for the server history/ previous servers they've been in, in case they miss/need to find an old one they left ^^

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We need the ability to fill out the ban/kick log on Discord Mobile

There is no way to fill out the ban/kick log on Discord mobile, and it really messes with keeping in check with who has been banned, and why they were banned etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. occiones de Conpra

Pues lo del ViT si pudieran cambiar el Sistema de compra como no tododps tenemos targeta de crédito y algunos son menores de edad pues si pusieran Canbiar o agregar la cocción de compra con saldo de Telcel o movistar el sistema de compra con. Al lo menos comprar Diamantes con saldo Telcel o movistar eso estaría bien

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make a per user max volume cap

Dear devs of discord.

I Whould like to se a new feature whitch allows having a per user maximun volume in dB or a procentage. For example if a user talks very quiet but screems very loud. this means that i have to set him at a low volume whitch means can't hear him because if he screems he is way to load at a normal volume. For instanse when he talks at a 100% volume i can hear him fine but that you have a separate silder that says that he can't be louder then for example 70Bb or…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. pricing

I would like to support discord even though I like it being free. However, I find $5/mo a little high. Why don't you guys give nitro for $1/mo so that it's really spare change and everyone can afford it and then sell $2, $3 and so on for a special recognition avatar overlay or something that shows that you are a "Silver Supporter" or a "Gold Supporter" and so on. Just a thought. More of less is sometimes more than less of more. :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add default role

It would be amazing if you could set a role to be the "Default" role. For example, In my server, I have a role titled "Debuffed", I want to add chennels availible to everyone exept for the people posessing the debuff role. I also have a bot that makes sound effects in voice channels and I would like to block the bot from going into that channel. It would be a box you can tick in the Roll Settings.

Thanks,
    -Gav =)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Only show notifications when there is a lot of activity on the server

I want to know what is going on in the servers I follow, but it's not like every individual message is that interesting. It would be nice if it was possible to give an option to only notify me when there is actually something interesting going on in the server that causes a lot of activity and people talking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Edit other users comments

If your a moderator and someone comments something thats inappropriate, instead of only being able to delete it, it would be good if you could edit it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Spreadsheets In Text Channels

I believe that it would be really nice to have a customizable spreadsheet as a text channel. I feel a text channel should be more than just for chat. If you could have a text channel (as a spreadsheet) you could use it as a calendar that everyone can edit and access anywhere that would be great for scheduling team gaming, or just to see when friends are free to hang out, You could use them to graph and post data that others can view and input. I really think that this is a great idea that opens so many…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. prune discord groups

Apologies if this is already a feature implemented that I'm somehow not aware of :P

My suggestion is similar to the pruning of people on your own Discord, so you can leave the ones you haven't been active in (By not talking, or being @mentioned etc.). You'd be able to set a timeframe (ex. 7 days) and it would tell you how many this applies to, and bring up a checkbox, where you can untick ones that you're not active in, but would like to stay in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Revert Server Changes

I help coordinate a community leadership guild on Discord. A worrying trend I've been seeing is our admins having their servers vandalized or destroyed. 2FA helps protect against unwanted account access but sometimes an admin or mod will go rogue and wreck things.

It would greatly help us all if owners could revert server activity/changes by certain intervals (perhaps by 5 minutes all the way to 24 hours). It is far too easy for us to lose countless hours of valuable discussion and information if an admin turns on us.

2,317 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Server Affiliates

Server owners get the ability to send affiliation requests. Upon accepting the servers get show in an "Affiliations" tab on the top left drop-down menu. Allowing like minded servers to grow together.

At any point any one of the two owners can drop the affiliation. Which will remove the other server from the list and do the same to the other server's list. Will do the same if one server gets deleted.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base