Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. s

Permissions for Roles "Preview"

Essentially, this allow feature could allow moderators to "preview" the server as if they were a server member with a lower-ranked role, to make sure all the permissions that have been set for the role is in tact.
    This is especially helpful for server owners, who no matter what, have all permissions; If they need help to make sure everything is the way they want, they usually have to ask a friend to check everything out with each role needed.

I hope this explanation makes sense...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Free" roles

Add an option for the roles so anyone can give specific roles to themselves without needing an admin to do it for everyone.
    The point is so you can @ that role (@Overwatch for example) to those who want to get notification for said role. An example use of it would be that everyone on a big server that play Overwatch from time to time would add the role to themselves without needing to ask the admins, and then when someone want to start a team game, he/she can @Overwatch to ask without anoying those on the server that don't…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide game when invisible/pretending to have a life

With the latest addition of the invisible / offline status, you still continue to display your now playing game to users. This is a total give away for people pretending to have a life.

I assume this is a bug or something that was merely overlooked. When you are appearing invisible, you should appear entirely offline which includes hiding your game from other users.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need some functions for formatting/controlling messages, instead of deleting it

We need some functions for formatting/controlling messages, instead of deleting it. For example lowercase message (some people use only caps), would be good if moderation bot will able to do it automatically. Also some other thing will be usable, such of censore message if it use obscene expressions, may be something else...

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow a custom verification time

See this image:
    http://prnt.sc/d6jfs6

Recently on my server users are coming in and spamming endlessly. The way I chose to combat this is to have a bot force new users into a "Muted" role. After 12 hours, our staff manually removes the role from each muted user.

I'd like to use Discor'd built-in verification, but I need to be able to set a custom wait time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Double click to view someone's profile

If in a server, double click on a user profile picture on the right, or in chat, to be taken instantly to direct messages with that person (so you can instantly send a picture, for example)

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add All/Status/Multiple Accounts

Suggestions:
    1. Can you add an "Add All" option for pending/sending friend requests?

Note: For these other two, I know they've been suggested, but maybe the set up can be considered.

2. Is it somehow possible to have some music player (Spotify, iTunes) to have the song title being played in our status without removing the status of a concurrent game?

In example,
    Vik Playing League of Legends
    Spotify - Love Yourself

3. Lastly, I have two accounts for discord. One is my main account for talking with friends, the other serves as a discord music bot.

I was wondering…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Quick Screenshots

When you click the upload icon, it should open a menu with "Upload Screenshot" or "Upload File".
    If you click the former, it will show an icon in the corner.
    You can move the windows, then click the icon to decide how much of the screen to show and take a screenshot.
    You can then add a comment to the screenshot and BOOM. It's done.

Or you could just use a keyboard shortcut or something to take a screenshot then instantly put it in Discord.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Battle.net Integration + Guild Sync Roles

It will be great if you can auto assign role based on you world of warcraft guild linked to Discord Account, like in Curse

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Inline color previews

When hex code colors like #ff0000 appear in the chat, it'd be useful if there was a preview-square next to the hex code so it's easy to tell what color it represents. It's very useful when talking about web design or art.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We need Club Wumpus developed

We need this to happen. I have made a concept art here for the homepage. It's nothing much.

Concept: http://imgur.com/a/h5Ira

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Twitch Stream Notifications

The Twitch channel live detection in Discord seems to be much faster than any other application or browser extension I have ever used.

This is why I would like to suggest to have an option to display a notification when selected users go live on their Twitch channels.

It would be cool to maybe even have their connected Discord server be highlighted or joined when the notification is clicked upon.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Choose color / role that is shown out of the roles a user has.

Say someone has 3 roles.
    Admin (red)
    Youtuber (blue)
    Streamer (yellow)

He should be able to pick between the colors and roles for what one he wants to be labeled on the right hand side.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Overlay Improvements

It could certainly use some work.
    You can't customize where the discord overlay appears in your game (it's always at top left) and this is annoying for games like Terraria where the tool bar and overlay collide, or League of Legends.
    The overlay is slow to open taking around at least 2 seconds.
    And a button to toggle on and off the overlay would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. steam music integration

A music bot that lets you to play music from your steam account, that you have purchased legally of course, in your chat rooms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable Commands

We need options to disable commands. Server-wide, per-channel, by role, and for the users.

Four options:
    -Server Settings -> Overview -> Disable Commands for this server
    Server-wide option to disable commands. No one in the entire server can /anything.

-Edit Channel -> Overview -> Disable Commands for this channel
    Per-channel option to disable commands. No one can use commands within the channel that uses this option.

-Server Settings -> Roles -> Text Permissions -> Disable Commands
    This would allow roles to be prevented from spamming up the server with gifs and such.

-User Settings -> Text & Images -> Commands…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Load onto the same screen I closed it on

With Skype I cloud close the Desktop App on my second monitor and when it starts up it would reopen on my second monitor which saved me dragging it across my screens. Small but appreciated concept

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Greentexting

There should be an option to where when a line starts with the Greater Than (>) tag, the entire line's text is green. Maybe have this toggleable for those who don't want to do so (which won't be many, I feel).

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. See other friend's games

For the desktop version it would be cool too see what games your friends own based on the game's that discord has recognized. That way you could message a friend and say "Hey, want too play this?" and maybe have some fun!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. deleted

Give users the option to not allow private messages from other users to be deleted - in channels or pm's. I've had several instances where users post inappropriate content/say some awful things via IM or channels and then simply delete it. Even Skype notifies you when its deleted, Discord leaves no trace of it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base