Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Spotify API

I would like to suggest you to add music name and artist name from Spotify API directly in Status, with a icon, per example, headphone or own Spotify logo, without clicking to show data. Nowadays, this feature shows this data only by click in "Listening Spotify".

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recently Added Tab

My ideas could be a Recently Added Tab for people new you recently added as a friend and can be a easy way, because I accept someones friend request I have to go in my friends list search for them and it's annoying. Another way it could help is if someone has notifications off and they sent someone a friend request, then accept your friend request, how would you know unless the other person says something. Hope my idea is good/okay.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a setting to disable the new recent conversations window on mobile.

Recently this new window was added to the mobile version which appears when you double press the back key, at least on android. There should be an option to disable it as the double press open introduces a noticeable delay to opening the channel drawer with the back key.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Golden server name

Hello discord community!
    I was thinking of a really nice idea actually, so I wanted to share it with you.
    I was thinking that if someone was a discord nitro user, they could change their servers name colour (servers that they own)
    So that was my idea.
    Vote what you think ✌

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. USB/Hotas support for Push-to-talk

I have a USB foot pedal that I would like to use for voice chat. Hard to press a key in certain circumstances and using a pedal reduces finger occupancy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Android

Allow android user some of the things that pc has like audit, connecting accounts, buying nitro

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. login

The login experience is very annoying. After writing my credentials the system shows a very irritating captcha which takes very long to complete. Then I must wait for the email to allow my IP. And then I must write the password and complete the irritating captcha a second time! It's OK for me to put the password another time, but the captcha is killing me.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A tchatbox in the Overlay 101

For a better experience in game that will be great if you can include text chanels into the overleay 101 by a small reducible window for previous messages reading and answer as a tchatbox.
    When you are in a team and if a lot of players don't use their mic to talk it's difficult to switch between game window and Discord window when you are playing and don't have dual screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Local Aliases for Friends (like on Steam)

I want to see my friends displayed by the nicknames I call them (at least when I DM them), like how Steam allows you to add nicknames/aliases for the people in your friend list. :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Blacklist games and blacklist specific people from seeing someone's gaming activity

I would like to show what games I'm playing to my friends in a server, but since there's no blacklist of either games I'm playing or a blacklist of people that can view my gaming activity I turned the option off. It's possible that I may play something that I don't think people should know about, for privacy reasons. There could also be some specific people in a server that I wouldn't want seeing what games I'm playing, for other reasons.

In the "games" tab you should make an "edit" option on the side of every game where you could…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make an option to change the AFK timeout with roles

ik you can make a co-owner by using ur roles correctly, its not actually hard tbh. the only thing that the co-owner rlly cant do to the server that would make sense is to change the AFK timeout. this isnt an issue for me at all, but for some other people, its a pretty big deal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Noise Gate

During Voice Chat my friend hears the music I play from speakers set, please add this function Open Broadcasting System has, that recognizes audio from speakers as computer output and deletes it, so that only my voice counts for mic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Apply Emoji 11.0 to Discord

I know this is a bit early to suggest this but once Emoji 11.0 comes out (in 2018), it would be cool to see Discord applies this as soon as possible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Easier ToS Violation Reporting and Message Reporting to Server Staff

I have 2 ideas:

1) I have seen some weird servers that violate ToS and I believe there should be an easier way to report since there are so much of them. My suggestion on it is there should be some button to report them with detailed information in server menu. Like it asks for screenshots, message IDs etc. (Same goes for users)

2) If someone abuses the chat and there is no staff online, a report button for it would be extremely useful. It can be server assigned reasons for reporting or user written ones.

Why did I put…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Shift-Click to close

Simple one - the ability to Shift-Click the X in the desktop application to quickly and completely close out of Discord. Saves the extra step of right click closing in the taskbar.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When is a person online

This would see the time when they play games and they they should ask them to play with them. For example on Tuesday you may play only 6-8.
    It will help with spam when you are offline! If I am in a discord server and I'm looking for someone who will play at 5-6 pm I wanna see that they will be active at those times when I'm picking someone new to play with!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Icon change in compressed list for mute/deafened persons

For voice chat, when compressed, I think the user's icon should visibly show mute/deafen to make quick assessment of who's not listening/speaking.

e.g, a red mic or red speaker over the person's picture or to the bottom right. In bigger servers, compressing the list looks better, but can't tell if someone is muted or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve server invitation process on mobile

Right now when you try to invite someone to a server the "share link" button doesn't have a discord option. It would be nice to be able to send a server invite directly to my friends directly in discord rather that having to send them a text message with the link.

Alternatively, being able to copy the link URL and paste it into a DM, like we can on the desktop version, would be helpful. Right now, on iOS at least, the ability to copy the link isn't there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't remove empty lines at beginning or end of messages

Sometimes an empty line at the beginning of a message can be used as a separator when switching subjects from your previous message. However discord removes them automatically and it all turns into one big message.

Please let us enter blank lines at the start and end of the messages instead of automatically removing them, so we can use them to better organize our messages.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. picture descriptions

I would love to see the ability of adding a picture, or an image to a channel's description alongside the text. This would look fairly clean on mobile, since you can just showcase the channel name, then the picture below, then the text, but im unsure as to how it would look on desktop. I feel it would be pretty useful for some servers though.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base