Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Permissions system

Hay there !
    It would be so nice if u guys change the Buttons on the Permissions Screen. I hate it to click 2 time if i want to forbid something.

My suggestion is a Style like this : http://i.imgur.com/vokWQdi.png
    Thanks for beeing Awesome ! :D

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Channel Admin/Owners

I think you guys should add Channel Admins/Owners (Like Teamspeak) that way players can change their channel names, can add passwords, mute players, etc instead of just giving them the power to manage other people's channels.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lockable Parts Of The Interface

It'd be nice to be able to choose which windows in the interface have priority when collapsing, ie make them lockable.
    Reference - http://i.imgur.com/HqlLg8P.png

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase clarity of the reaction number in the white version

Right now, those numbers blend in way too much.

https://i.gyazo.com/3ee2ff2cd8ba47fb690218992900d942.png

The one I voted for has a nice, dark number on the light background.
    However, the others are very hard to see unless you press your face against the screen, which is silly when you want to have a quick poll.

A tiny change, just change the colour of the numbers on the right to the colour of the number on the left =)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow staff roles to change/hide avatars

The reason I am suggesting this is I have ran into this problem multiple times where I am moderating a community that does not allow NSFW images and we decide "hey lats have a chat on discord" and we get the odd user with an avatar that is just pushing our rules.

They are usually nice people but a little stubborn claiming that since they are on the discord platform and not our own site they can use which avatar they want, sadly this would end up in a ban for a user who was relatively nice to people a…

113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bigger emoji, custom sizes, all caps.

Having the user post bigger emoji's in chat. For example using :ALL_CAPS: or :emoji::size: like :eyes::2:. Where size could be 1-5 for example. Open for other ideas. Should be super easy to implement!

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Implement all features on iPad/iOS client

Hey guys.
    I'm a big fan of Discord. Only recently discovered it, but now I'm using it constantly for both in game chat and just chatroom fun. That said, I've been using the iOS app on the iPad and iPhone mostly, and just TODAY, after months of using it, discovered some of the additional things that Discord is capable of.
    100% of my use is on these devices. That is not an exaggeration. Is there a way you kind folk could implement all of the features available on the desktop version on the mobile version? Nowadays, iPads are even capable…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Nitro] Regional Currency

Users of Discord who don't live in the US currently need to pay foreign transaction fees whenever they make a Nitro payment. In my instance, I get charged an additional £1.50 and 2.75% of the payment, causing me to be unable to justify giving ~40% of the money I would to Discord to my bank for doing almost nothing. A way to solve this issue would be to convert the price of Nitro into a users regional currency, which is possible to do using Stripe, even passing on the fees to the user if required, and allowing users to make…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Nitro-specific servers

Make servers only able to join by users who are using Nitro. That would be great!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mute global mentions in muted channels

When a text channel is muted, it would be nice if global mentions in that channel (@everyone, @here, etc) would also be muted, but specific user mentions (@Xella) were not—either as default behaviour or as a configurable sort of thing. Current behaviour is that all @mentions are treated as mentions (little red flag and highlighted line on both the application icon on the dock and in the app itself), and any muted channel's server-specific notification settings are just plain hidden/disabled, and suppressing @everyone and @here are both server-wide and cannot be chosen per-channel: http://www.draconicsavant.net/images/mutedchannelmentions.png

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. VST plugin support

It would be nice to use the same plugins I use in the studio inside of Discord to enhance my audio quality. I have plugins like Z-Noise by Waves, Pro-G by FabFilter, SSL Duende Native EQ, Reapers ReaComp and would like to use them to enhance my audio quality. Five VST slots would be plenty, but if for whatever reason you could only have I could get away with just using SSL Duende Native Vocalstrip or NastyVCS.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reaction icon on the white version

The Reaction icon and the "Message options" in the white theme are barely visible, may you should put something to higlight better? cheers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mark as read

Ability to mark a server/channel as read on mobile.

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. custom sounds

it would be cool to be able to edit the sounds of like muting and stuff but also messages from certain friends like your best friend could have darude sandstorm and your other friend can have thunderstruck.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Data Detectors

Detect simple patterns in chat that allow you to add smarter, localized data. For example, posting a time will localize that for all users current timezone when viewed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make voice announcements to all voice chat rooms on a server.

A feature for admins to make announcements to all voice chat rooms on a server.

For example announce a new game starting, or for using Discord to make announcements in an internet cafe or VR arcade.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Distorter

It would be very nice if we had the choice to use a distorter to protect our privacy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Answer a message of a user

I don't know if it already exits, but it would be very nice to be able to answer to any message a user writes, because there's only the option of putting an icon as a reaction...

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring back the ability to auto join the previously connected voice channel on startup as an option.

I don't understand why this wasn't added as an option and just forced on everyone. I liked how it used to be and never use the voice chat anymore.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CS50

CS50 is a free program that teaches people who have no experience in programming how to program. Discord could use this to expand. Here's the link. https://courses.edx.org/courses/HarvardX/CS50x3/2015/courseware/43d165ac1d974f20a55585da76d39277/010c11db84a647e39a42cd191035b499/

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base