Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically link to a subreddit when someone types the subreddit name

If someone types /r/aww, /r/funny, etc. make "/r/subname" a clickable link that directly goes to the sub's frontpage.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Noise Gates

Unlike teamspeak or mumble, the noise gates for Discord are lacking. I could have a friend who has his input sensitivity to lets say -50dbs and hear almost everything hes doing in the background but then drop it down to -45dbs and he has to talk a lot louder to just be picked up by the mic. If they were able to fix it and make it better quality like teamspeak or mumble then i think it would make it alot better.

Upvote if you agree please XD

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. image roll up

It would be cool to have an ability to roll up and hide viewed image to take less place on channel log. With possibility to roll down it back to recollect what it was.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make emoji suggestions less intrusive

If you type ":" and then enter some text, any emoji which matches the text entered will appear as a suggestion, and pressing enter will automatically insert the first suggestion. This is very troublesome when trying to send emoticons such as ":DD", ":33", ":cc" at the end of a sentence, because they get replaced by a completely irrelevant emoji when trying to send the message by pressing enter.

I'd suggest making it so that there's no emoji selected at first (so pressing enter would not insert anything), then you'd be able to press the down key to select the first…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A way to search servers

Just a way to search the servers you're in (for people in like 60 servers)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Organize text channels by recent activity.

Organize text channels by recent activity.

For instance if a channel hasn't had any new messages in X days/time, move it towards the bottom of the list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Icon when in Voice Channel

The icon in the task bar on the various OSes should have a little speaker icon if you're in a voice channel. I'm never sure whether or not I remembered to leave the channel, or if I'm broadcasting my beautiful singing voice to all my friends.

Kind of like how chrome shows a little speaker icon next to a tab if it's making noise. Perhaps discord should use a microphone icon though, might be clearer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Translation directly written

Need a text translation, like Skype. We support the language that we want, we write in our language and it automatically sends in the target language.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove the stupid Chill Zone for posting too fast

It's extremely stupid, in massive chats discord allows a great deal of moderator and control power so that people who chat too fast can be muted/kickedout/anything really.

But in 1 on 1? Yesterday I was excitedly typing to my brother some painting techniques and since the way I normally do it is 3-4 words + 3-4 words at some point I got blocked and it was disgustingly frustrating! Please don't make discord a "Politically Correct" program and follow what everybody else is doing, this ain't Twitch...

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable mentions when playing certain game

When I'm playing, for example, osu!, people can send me a PM or just mention me, it can distract me and ruin my gaming experience, because these type of games requires a lot of concentration.

The thing I want to see is like "streamer mode", when you don't hear any sound notifications, but it enables only when you're playing a certain game.

In my opinion, it should look something like this (bulb next to the game title)
    https://i.imgur.com/mUrH293.png

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. tab sizes

Allow users to change the size of various bars on the screen such as friends or server channels. For example you can resize your friends/ conversation bar on Skype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Blocked viewer cannot see your status/messages

Complete block so that you don't see the blocked person's messages/status and they cant see yours. Automatically mutes yourself to the blocked person if they are in call.

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make something like "game ranks". Basicly this means that to jon "CS:GO" channel you must owe that game

Make something like "game ranks". Basicly this means that to join "CS:GO" channel you must owe that game

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When the downloadable Discord app is maximized, hidden task bars (start menu and icons) become permanently hidden.

This happens to me frequently when I want to view an image without opening the original one via the "Open original" button below images. Due to the size of my Discord app (a little less than half of my screen height and equal to my screen width), I am unable to even see the "Open original" button and a large portion of the Discord settings window.

No idea on a possible fix, though. However, I'm thinking Discord is simply bugging out and setting the "Always on top" option automatically (which would then be on top of hidden task bars).

PS…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Advanced text formatting

Advanced text formatting like coloring, making arbitrary words bold or italic and making text inline with images. It should work with regular and monospace blocks of text.

This could be triggered with a flag like /format

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hide chats from admin

Hiding chats for under 18 admins

Just a little suggestion I thought would be good to pass your way.
    Maybe it would be a good idea to implement an option that the owner of the chat could hide chats from those, even if they have admin role.
    I have seen on a server that I am a part of that the younger mods are more than capable and would be quite good at taking over some admin commands for the server but are unable to because this would cause them to see the +18 channels.
    Because of this, I think…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. net framework

For a number of technical reasons
    some of us can't have Net Framework in our systems.
    Don't assume that it comes with the Windows Os
    or that it can be installed later.
    If the dependency can be dropped,or bundled within discord install,
    would be miraculous to us.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add key combos for voice channels

Please add key combos for voice channels, some people dont want to click out of a game to talk to friends while playing CS:GO or CoD or Battlefield.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Auto Close

Give us an option to have the "X" out button close the program all the way, not minimize it to the tray.

One of the worst features of Skype, would be nice to have a choice for this.

103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base