Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. shadow mode

My idea is that if you're an admin who is configuring roles, that you should be able to make your user have that roles permission so you can test everything.. That way you can ensure people don't have to have a friend to test roles

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete all channels under a category at once

Deleting all channels individually takes a while especially if you have a lot. So making it where you can press a button that says "Delete Category and it's Channels" might come in handy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Playing" for Web

It would be great if you could set custom playing games for Web. This would be useful when you are playing a game on a non-desktop, are connected, and want to let people know you are playing a game.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pinned messages in direct messages

Its a pretty small change however I think it would make it look better. I think that when you pin a message to a direct message conversation it should say something like "Pinned to conversation" or "Pinned to group conversation". I was just messing about with my friend earlier and noticed this and thought that it could be a small feature that makes discord look a little more better!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gif pfps

should be able to set profile pic as a gif on mobile (with nitro ofc) instead of defaulting the gif to an img

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Social Media Privacy Settings

I had an idea for Discord to add privacy settings to social media account links to the profile. I had a few friends in a Discord group get harassed and bullied on their other social media sites due to the lack of privacy settings for Discord.
    I'd suggest adding a privacy feature option to make social media linked to discord accounts visible to one of these options. Please help keep the community safe!

•Friends Only
    •Public
    •Approved Servers and Friends Only

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add video calls on discord

Hello

Adding video call to discord would be awesome if this happens then people will start using discord more than skype.

Regards
    UrFriend

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bot Dm Permissions

annoyed of having those bots sending you dms when you join a server? well what if we could set a global permission to unpermit bots from sending us dms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Serversettings: Groupes of Roles for Sub-Permissions not affected by the variety of multiple Role-Assignments

I was thinking about a Way, to be able to handle the Permission of other Servermembers on my Discord, for them to be able to use the "Manage Roles" Permission for them selves.
    In my Case i want to be able to assign a Group of Friends the Role "Moderator" yet, i only want a handful of them to be able to Manage other's Roles.
    In that Case, i want to assign 2 Roles to some of them and the "Main Permission Role" also to the Rest.
    But still those, that have both Roles, can assing their 'modification Role' granting…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search model

Could you please improve your search model? It's very difficult to search the my stuff. It's one of main things for me why I still use skype

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications in overlay

Have the notifications appear while playing, I'm using Windows 10 x64 and I hear sounds but I can't see anything on the screen, I have to alt tab back to Discord to see what happened.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom Role Editing

Custom Role Editing
    I think that there should be a feature under manage roles that allows you to select certain roles that someone with that role can edit. this can help if you want someone to be able to customize their "bracket", but nothing else.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a Global Setting to Turn Off Markdown Formatting

I know I can switch it off per usage with backslash, but it's an extra keystroke every time, for something I do a lot, and it's a pain to remember. Would it be difficult to just put an option to turn it off globally for my account or app, in Settings?

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A heads up notification message

the idea is easy, it should be possible on sending a limited message to the user their adding, to let them know it is you. '' Hey! its me who you chatted with on that forum. '' for example i mean, i hope that feature wil exist soon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Regarding Bans.

When giving a banishment to a specific member, I suggest there be Default Reason Messages.

If we ban someone, there is an option to give a reason, and I think for larger servers giving banishments to people breaking their rules could find a similar feature very useful.

The way I imagine this could work is people with a permission that allows them to punish users (Can be when kicking of banning) can go into the server settings, and there would be a section in which you can add/remove/edit the default/pre-made messages.
    It would only show the messages that you have…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow scrolling while sorting servers so it's faster.

Allowing us to scroll while sorting servers can make it faster over the annoying auto scroll.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Different verification levels on channels.

I would like to have different verification levels on channels.
    Lobby and some gaming channels got low (verified email)
    And the gaming channels me and friends use need to have high (member longer than 10 min)
    So no new members can come and distube untill me or the moderators accept the new member. <3

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base