Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove System Message

When a message is pinned, a system message is posted to let everybody know that a message was pinned. However, this system message cannot be deleted, which is a shame when you're trying to clear a text channel (like general, that can't be deleted and remade).

My proposal:
    1. Ability to delete a system message, just like ordinary messages (same permission as deleting ordinary messages or even a separate one if needed).
    2. When a pinned post is removed or unpinned, the corresponding system message should be removed with it.

Thank you for reading! :)

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change in call banner

An option to can change the private call banner to pick a photo that you like

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dissable two way authentication if you lost the app

Hello, i recently lost the two way authentication app on my phone, and now i can't acess my account, because the verification id's has expired.
    So there's no way to get my account back, and i'm a owner of a Group, and has the only owner permission in that chat...
    It would be better to have a way to get customer service dissable the two way, in a way. Eather send a authentication photo on who you are or something. One way or another to unlock Your accout.
    Maybe log in With E-mail, facebook or twitter Something. (sadly the last…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to disable NEW LOGIN LOCATION DETECTED

It is getting annoying to open your email (or launch 2-factor auth app on your smartphone) every time when your IP address changes, especially if your ISP give you dynamic IP, which has to change each day.

Also, not everyone has a smartphone that allow you to install 2-factor authenticator. And even if you can install app, it could be difficult to make it work (time zone, sync app with time servers, etc).

I don't want to protect my account SOOO MUCH, for me it's just a service where I can talk with my friends, not a banking system or…

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show who is talking in white text in main channel like in Desktop App

Currently in the Desktop App of Discord we can easily see who is talking in a voice channel because a white light text is shown coloring the people who is talking in the main channel which is positionated at the left side of Discord.

In the Mobile App, only a small bubble picture is shown in the right down corner, but there is no text which shows who is talking, and the text of the people in the voice channel is not colored in white.

Please fix this issue, I can not use the Mobile App because I can not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Twitch live on Discord

how about being able to link a Twitch stream directly into Twitch? And have something off to the side, like the member list of a group chat, that one can toggle on and off (should they wish to watch or not) that shows a stream live on discord?

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. security and privacy-oriented suggestions

-- Option to select install path
    -- Autostart minimized
    -- Less clunky "cozy" appearance / ability to separate message window from buddy list
    -- Delete messages
    -- Implement better message encryption in the future

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Customizibal themes for servers

White/dark theme gets boring. And you know halloween is coming up would'nt it be fun to see a halloween theme

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Name Flair

It would be nice to let admins add flair to certain peoples names separate from their role. So you could give certain recognition without having to change their roles.

This would be good for things like crowing a champion for a tournament or dividing up teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keybinds should work globally

Keybinds should really work outside discord even when it's not the focused window. If I'm playing a game, I guess that problem is solved, but partially. I would love to be able to hit a key-combo anywhere on my desktop and still get an effect. Google chrome, for instance, has global keyboard shortcuts support, which means you can tie a certain key-combo to an action and have it work while doing stuff elsewhere and even when the browser itself it minimized.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a radio

What I mean by a radio is a voice channel across multiple servers, that has the same people, people talking, etc in it. So if you're like me and you want host a talk or "radio station" (don't know a better word for it) but other people want on their server too, then they can have it on their server too! This would be a fun tool for server owners looking to add a little flair into their voice chats without having to get their own music bot, host a radio, like I did.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add controller support.

I would love to be able to bind my push to talk and other functions to my Xbox 1 controller without needing third party programs to rebind the controller buttons to keyboard buttons. It would be a great quality of life change for gaming with a controller and using discord.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improved Banning System

If I or someone else on my server banned a user, I'd like to know why the user was banned and would like to see proof.
    To show this, there should be a reason next to the user's name why he or she was banned and when. The person who banned them should also be able to check a message(s) of what the user said in chat to be banned.
    I also think it would be nice to be able to upload a file for evidence for example, if I took a screen shot or recorded a video/ sound file.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a server option to not change nicknames retroactively (and merge text blocks retroactively)

I run a roleplaying server (nerdy, yes, I know!) and we occasionally change characters.

We indicate characters with the nickname feature, and when we change roles, all our previous names are altered as well, making it confusing when we want to go back in the log an screencap a funny moment or heart-wrenching confession of guilt.

Would it be possible to make a checkbox in the server options to disable the retroactive altering of nicknames? It'd help make past discussions much easier to read!

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mentioning @everyone and @person in same message

When @everyone is used and then a person's username is used in the same message, the message does not appear in Recent Mentions if the @everyone tag is turned off.

Example: Bob: "Hey @everyone, just letting you all know that @MissEvelyn has won the contest!"

The message would not show up in my Recent Mentions if @everyone and @here tags are turned off in the Recent Mentions search.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. disable auto start with computer from Settings

I know there is an option for people do disable Discord from automatically starting with Windows from the system tray but the usual place to look for this is in the settings and I had a friend nearly swear off the program because he couldn't find it there. I was pretty confused myself when I couldn't find the option and had to turn to google to figure out where it was.

It might be a good idea to put an option in Settings as well for technology Luddites like myself.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can't hear other users when joining voice chat after them!

Since the last update, everytime I connect to the voice chat when other users are already in the channel, I have to restart discord in order to hear them. Anyone else having the same problem? I've tried different headsets and settings but it still doesn't work. No problem when I'm in there first though. Strange...

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Discord, Create competition for Youtube

Ok. Now, this may not belong here. But where else do i put it? This is mostly in regards to Discord as a company, not the program.

Now, we all know that Youtube has been going through hard times. Because of themselves, of course. All sorts of Youtubers are ready to leave Youtube... But they just can't. It's their job. It's what makes them money. It's what lets them live.
    Discord, if you were to create competition against Youtube, do you know how beneficial it would be to you, and how quickly it'd become beneficial? You would trample youtube in,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option To Disable AFK Timeouts for certain voice channels

I have a bot that streams music and i like to afk in that channel and the afk timeout always sends me to the Afk voice channel, I would disable the timeout but i don't want afk people in the general voice channel

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for the naming of instant invites in server settings

As of right now, you can see how many uses an invite has and to what channel it links too, but it would be nice if we could give each instant invite a name that would appear alongside the invite in server settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base