Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block Improvements

I'd mostly like to see these added as features as you noted:

1) Discord does not blink or give the red indicator on the webclient that a person whom you have blocked has sent a message to a channel

This saves me from checking a semi-infrequent channel or ten when I'm busy or looking for specific conversation in rooms I manage. This is the improvement I would ask for most.

2) The blocked message is not shown in your chatlog at all, no "X blocked messages"

Mostly because it interrupts conversation flow in some cases and is a personal aggravation…

111 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dual window or Qslide support for mobile

I think it would be very useful and convenient for Discord to have access to dual window options on phones that support it. On my LG G4 I have both dual window, as well as qslide, which keeps apps in a smaller floating window that can be faded with a transparency slider.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Сolor contrast for people with disabilities

Several friends of mine have a weak sight, and they complain about insufficient contrast between font color and background color, so they don't want to move to Discord.
    Could you please enhance font setting to help them make font color more black on the light background, and more white on the dark one?

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide or minimize tab with text/voice channels/friend list

Discord takes a half of my screen during browsing or chating, which is not very efficient. Hiding this tab will make it 1/3 and improve overall ux, or at least I hope so

Here's is example of what I have ment:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63403698/Discord/Before.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63403698/Discord/After.png

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improving the white theme

I'm sure many discord users out there would love a brighter themed discord and there is one! Though sadly it looks very bad. This is where improvement can be done

1. Make it fully white: Remove the strip of white

2. Make the text black - The gray text looks close to invisible and doesn't match with the white theme

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Restream.io Chat Integration

Restream.io is a great tool for people who like to stream games to multiple services at once. They also offer a great chat application that connects to those services and aggregates the chats into one window (I currently use it for Twitch and Beam).

I have already contacted Restream.io about them possibly integrating Discord chat into their application.

It would be cool if there was something that Discord could do from their end to allow either multiple chats to show up in a channel (so that we can use the Discord stream overlay) or somehow work with Restream.io to have…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use standard installer which lets the user choose the installation folder

Let users choose their installation path!

Auto-installing Discord to the user's AppData folder is unsafe and demonstrates your developers' ignorance regarding proper security. Also, your inability to follow standards is alienating potential users who actually know what they're doing regarding how their own computers are organized.

E.g. all computers at my company are locked-down so programs cannot run underneath the \Users folder tree.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Archive unused channels

So when a channel is no longer needed, you should be able to archive it, so that nobody can post in it anymore, but it's still viewable for other purposes. Only see those channels if you go into a specific menu.

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom Hearing Voice Chat

It's good that you can mute some users on the voice channel so you can't hear them, If It was an bot who plays an annoying music or something like that

but What about preventing your voice to reach specific users

If you don't want specific users to hear you

It's Not Enough to mute users...I/we also need to mute ourself from specific users so they can't hear us and the rest can hear

thanks Discord...you are Amazing

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. UI help page in settings

A page in the settings pages that explains the UI and all how to do things, maybe with some pictures to help explain. A search feature inside of this would likely help with navigation. This way you could easily figure out how to do many things in discord making the general usage easier and even more beginner friendly. This would also cut down on the questions about the UI asked to other users or even discord devs themselves.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Tracking of previous usernames, like Steam does it.

To be clear, NOT nicknames, I want to be able to know what previous account username a person has been under (for at least the last 30 days, if forever isn't possible), much like how Steam tracks what usernames a user has been under previously. This would be useful for figuring out who a person might be if I haven't seen them for a while, but, for whatever reason, have also changed their names.

As a reference to how Steam does it, here's an image: http://i.imgur.com/AErNGYR.png

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make "move members" and "Connect to overloaded voice channels" as a seperate permissionhs.

Because since i want VIP users to join overloaded voice channels, and trust them "move members" is too much OP, i need some permission like "Connect to overloaded voice channels". Would be useful as hell.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A way to instantly take you to the newest message in busy channel

Let's say that I, for example, am on a busy server, and go inactive. When I return, over 100 messages may have been posted, and now, if I wanna see the latest ones, I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom, past all the messages that were posted. It'd be much easier if there was a way to do this really easily.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Role-to-role Permissions and Invitations

I currently help manage a server where having the ability to allow members of a certain role be able to add and remove members to and from said role without the need for moderator-level permissions would be absolutely incredible.

Say there's an open-invitation product testing group that uses Discord to communicate. Let's say they have a #testers channel that they use for discussion that they want no one outside the test group to have access to, but the fact that anyone can register for their group means that people come and go to and from that channel on a regular…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. move messages

The ability to move messages that are posted in one channel to another existing channel, or move an entire conversation into a newly created text channel would be a great idea. This is similar to functionality seen in stackexchange chats and is useful when a conversation is being had in one channel that isn't on-topic but is still interesting enough to keep.

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Skype AND Microsoft Contacts

Some Skype users sign in with their Microsoft account. Currently Discord can't connect your Microsoft account, only Skype accounts, which is now owned by Microsoft. Please fix!

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Bitmoji compatable with discord chat

Has everyone heard of Bitmoji or seen it used around twitter or facebook? Its a fun way to express yourself with emotes designed in your likeness! Well I propose that Discord make it available to use in text chats so that we can completely personalize how we communicate with friends and family through Discord.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to hide users in voice channels that are muted & deafened

It's good to keep them in there but it's hard to tell how many users are actually active sometimes. Would be nice to filter those out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Suspend when minimized and in background

When you need to save all the bandwidth and/or cycles for a demanding sequence or event in a game, the option to suspend Discord completely would be useful not just in configuration but in the context menu.

When minimized, I don't have the need or interest for an up-to-the-minute conversation. When I expand the window again, I have the bandwidth to spare for Discord to catch up from my position.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base