Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add :chair: as an alias for (seat)

So we're not stuck with only wheelchair when we search "chair"

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Local Categories

Local Categories

I think it would be cool if each user could organize text and chat channels to their liking locally instead of having a constant for the whole server. Me and my friends were arguing over where each category goes and what is in each but I think this could easily be solved by each user having the ability to modify categories to their liking. And maybe if some people dont like this change they can revert to the server categories with a little toggle button, and back to their categories with another click. I don't know how hard…

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for 360° images

Now that NVIDIA Ansel is growing and being supported for multiple games, it'd be extremely awesome to support 360° screenshots in Discord. Would be one of my favorite features!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. people could not exercise their rights on a higher ranking

My Idea: Giving the roles ranks, so the lower ones cant influence the higher ans similare ones! for example, if i'm a moderator, i can move only lower ones, i can't move another moderator or highter

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Streaming from video recording for screen share on iOS 11+

Stream recording video to screen share in discord.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automated Away/Busy messages

Akin to auto-reply text messages that let someone know you’re driving and can’t pick up the phone, automated Away/Busy messages would help friends know you’re busy and can’t reply currently. This could help with content creators letting people know they’re currently in the process of a new work piece, or even with letting your friend know you just went for a nap. While setting your status as busy will tell people you’re Busy and turn off notifications, automated messages will help with engagement between friends and others.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Role Preview

A option for discord owners to set up roles then preview which channels and options the use can do with the preview.

It takes me ages to go onto the browser sign in then test each role to make sure it's good to go.

Implementing this will help with management to be quicker and more efficient.

Thanks!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Categories are awesome, but need a facelift!

With the new Categories feature, on both Desktop and Mobile, my channel's users all have complained that the categories just leave the channels cluttered, by adding more scrolling space, and the categories don't really stand out!

The best solution I could suggest would be to add style changes to the categories and channels to visual recognize each level of the overlay.

Category - Bolded, making it clear it's the "header" of the channels within.

Text Channel - regular font, and allow individual voice channels as sub channels indented visually! (ie voice lobby text, and voice lobby channel together with the…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow specific nicknames in text channels [RPG purposes]

I'm part of a role-playing community and a little thing that could improve massively the immersion of our activity is an option to allow another nickname in that "RPG In Character" chat. With that implemented, we could prepare or play multiples campaign with the same people in different channels identifying characters just by their names, not the player's nickname.

Independent avatar by channel could be awesome too...

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A single button to enter in server sort mode

Currently there is a "Sort" option on every single server long press menu. This is useless, because regardless of which server you select "Sort" on, it will lead to the exact same page. So there should be only 1 button to enter in Sort server mode, and the option to sort server should be remobed from the server long-press menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You can write what you play

You can write what you play, i know its not too important but good to console users

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an emoji after a pseudo following a grade

In English

My idea is to add an emoji next to the nickname of the server's founder, much like private groups. You can also add adding an emoji after the nickname of a person who has a certain role. Example: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/394073477931466762/399634025628565505/unknown.png

Thank you !

En français:

Mon idée est de rajouter un emoji a côté du pseudo du fondateur du serveur, un peu comme les groupes privés. Vous pourrez aussi ajouter le fait d'ajouter un emoji après le pseudo d'un personne qui possède un certain rôle. Exemple: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/394073477931466762/399634025628565505/unknown.png

Merci !

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. scrolling

English translation :

Add an option on the discord server which allows or not to be able to scroll the long pseudo of the players (in faded why not for not that his 'shocks the eye')

French translation :

Ajouter une option sur les serveur discord qui permet ou non de pouvoir faire defiler le long pseudo des joueurs (en fondus pourquoi pas pour pas que 'sa choque l'oeil')

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Server Statistics

Statistics for Discord Servers to easily see how many new players that get on average per day, per week, perk month, per year, etc... There could also be a couple graphs like Line Graphs etc... It could also show how many people have left in the past year, month, week, day, etc... Also, when a player tries to join a Discord server that they're banned on, it shows the ban reason and when a player gets banned/kicked it shows in the middle of their screen that they've been banned for the reason you provide. Also I suggest a timeout where…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Linux, Pulseaudio: Move sliders when volume changes

It took me quite some time until I I got my sound all set up because I didn't realize that Discord has no volume mixer integrated but uses the Pulse-App-Volume (which is really great). So it would be really nice that when I change the volume in my pulseaudio-controls the slider in the app also change - which is also important when switching between different sound sources and their levels.
    Also showing the real level (in dB) additional to percentage (like in pavucontrol) would be great for creating the right microphone settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bot Command Autofill

Allowing bots to use some markdown link-style code in messages / embeds that when clicked will set the content of your compose message window to something. This would be used for command help commands where the user can just click the command to put it in their message.

This would also make bots setup process so much smoother.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Voice Feedback

I want to be able to hear my own voice when I'm to talking my friends during a game cause is a bit difficult to know what i'm saying with the game sound on and while wearing headphones.I believe it's a must feature for Discord and I would appreciate your votes!Thanks in advance!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Looking for Group Expanded

Greater selection of games to find groups for or an ability to search for games. Examples: Left 4 Dead, The Division, Rainbow Six Siege, Don't Starve, Civ, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Server list of friends

There should be an option to view the servers that your Friend is currently in so that it can become easy to join the servers which your friends have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display a warning when posting a link that has already been posted in that channel.

I would like it if Discord displayed a warning message whenever someone tries to post a link that has already been posted in that channel.
    This could be particularly useful for music channels where the current browsing mechanics discourage you to check whether the link has already been posted (my other suggestion: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/32775196-better-way-to-browse-history-of-channels)

Double/triple/quadruple posts is obviously not something we want.
    Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base