Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revert Server Changes

I help coordinate a community leadership guild on Discord. A worrying trend I've been seeing is our admins having their servers vandalized or destroyed. 2FA helps protect against unwanted account access but sometimes an admin or mod will go rogue and wreck things.

It would greatly help us all if owners could revert server activity/changes by certain intervals (perhaps by 5 minutes all the way to 24 hours). It is far too easy for us to lose countless hours of valuable discussion and information if an admin turns on us.

2,317 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

100 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Server Affiliates

Server owners get the ability to send affiliation requests. Upon accepting the servers get show in an "Affiliations" tab on the top left drop-down menu. Allowing like minded servers to grow together.

At any point any one of the two owners can drop the affiliation. Which will remove the other server from the list and do the same to the other server's list. Will do the same if one server gets deleted.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Divide the permission "Manage Roles" into three permissions.

I manage a decently sized server and one of my biggest gripes with Discord currently is that as the server gets bigger people want more roles. This usually means manually applying new game group seeking roles to individual users, which when a big new game comes out means a lot of fuss and trying to respond to people on time by adding them as they request it.

It is a clumsy system, and it is all rooted in "Manage Roles" not being particularly good as a permission. It is far too powerful and enables users to add themselves to any…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add chanel who somebody can't send and read message but it's will be apear in the list of chanel but with a lock like vocal server

Add chanel who somebody can't send and read message but it's will be apear in the list of chanel but with a lock like vocal server

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Platform account integration

Account integration with Steam, Origin, Uplay etc. along with lists of games that are owned on those accounts supplemented by decent searching tools would be great for finding common games among larger groups without having to manually go through each of those platforms.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please can use korean chat channel name

please can use korean chat channel name

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Higherarchical Audio Channels

I'm a part of a few Discord servers for gamers that have assembled fleets(in Elite: Dangerous mainly but I suppose this would also help other players groups) that have masses of members. So we found that the best way to organise people was to assign them squadrons with a separate Audio Channels for each. The problem with this is to co-ordinate the squadrons the Higher ups have to do a huge amount of "Channel Hopping" to co-ordinate with the other voice channels.

It would be a lot easier organisation wise If Discord had an option to Pass in the Audio…

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatic Panning in Voice Chat

When two or more people are talking over each-other in voice chat it's almost impossible to hear anything. This could be ameliorated by automatically panning the users. Two users could be panned a bit left and right. Three users could be center, left, right. Etc.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display all invite options in one screen with a "generate" button

Currently when you hit the invite button it generates a 1 day link, and then it generates another one when you edit the settings according to how you want it, to minimize the clutter in the invites list I think that, when you click the invite button on a channel it should (in one single screen) show you the options and the generate button. This would require one more click if you wanted to generate it with the default options, but it would prevent pointless links to be created

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It is possible to add a feature - voice priority groups?

It is possible to add a feature - voice priority groups? When one person talks, the other participants hear a bit quieter. In ts3 this feature is very useful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a seperate setting for pruning

I think to secure servers from dangerous staff, we need a separate prune toggle in the roles, this will help prevent angry people.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Censor channels when stream mode is active

When you create a channel, there should be an option to 'censor' the channel so the contents aren't shown in stream mode. This could be useful for 'staff chats' etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the ability to delete bot messages by bot owners

Bot owners should be able to delete their bot's messages on any server (since technically the bot accounts belong to them) from the message menu

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make all Discord versions settings independent of one another.

I use Discord both at home and at work, however I often use it in what I've started to call "Work Mode", where I will turn off all image previews, and put Discord to Compact Mode, so I can chat without all those non-work images being shown.

However, the Web App's settings seem to be tied to my Stand-alone Discord's settings when I come back home from work, so we have to keep toggling these settings off when at work, and on when back home.

It would be awesome if the Androidiscord, Web App Discord and Stand-alone Discord settings were…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Menue for stop notification inside one group

You can create a dynamlic menue xhen one group has got a few sub groups: you can select one or few sub group to stop notifications: it is better than make this action one sub group by one sub group

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I suggest that you consult an ergonomist speciakized on the visually impaired and the problems they face.

The high-contrast themes offered in Windows are overkill for me. I want Windows to look as natural as possible. Discord is way off course in design for me. Grey text on grey background - simply ridiculous. Grey text on white, light blue text on white, grey text on black - it doesn't work!!

Make more options for text colour, background colour and ability to choose bold text.

Make a USER interface, not something that suggest 'modern', 'hip' or 'cool'.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Text Align

Especially Developers could use that pretty well to align the Text either Left, Right or in the Center.

Would be a pretty cool and usefull feature to have.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Archive Messages

When we need to report content to Discord, it's required that we don't delete the content. That is problematic. My proposal, as inspired by Jas E#4869, is this:

- A Server Settings screen, locked behind a permission (preferably new, maybe Manage Messages), to show all archived messages
    - Archived Messages would preserve the Userdata, as a Guild Member and Discord User, from that moment in time. Edits to the message after it is archived would be tracked.
    - Archived Messages would persist, even after being deleted.
    - Suggested limits: 50 for guilds smaller than 100 users, 250 after that.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search for posts that include media types

Search for posts that include a specific media type or types. Examples:
    Includes:text
    Includes:image
    Includes:gif (this is just an example and is probably unnecesary)

There would also be Excludes: (or something similar)
    There would also be negatives for all other search criteria.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use macOS native picture-in-picture for Video chat pop-out

Not sure whether there is any restrictions on the macOS PiP APIs and/or Electron surrounding VOIP, but would be cool/useful (particularly useful for screensharing) to be able to pop-out and see the call while using other applications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base