Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recomended Servers

So, i was thinking about a feature that would allow other Users to see Servers that are popular in the country that the user lives in. You would be able to make your server private so that only your friends can see it. This would make Discord even more fun !

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mobile notifications

There’s needs to be a notification sound when someone connects and disconnects to a channel

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to tag people that left the server.

You should do like that becous if you want to use a command to a Bot that delite everything that person have written. If it is a lot so you do not have to delete like 50 messages or somethong. Make so onely people with premissions can do it or something.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ignore @everyone for all groups in app settings

Add a setting to ignore @everyone in Discord desktop and mobile apps.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More attention for "pinned messages"

I think the function button of the "pinned messages" should be more noticeable and highlighted. In our friend group, with which I have been communicating with Discord for a long time, many people do not even know about this function. Its hurts. I create useful content and important links. I make these messages pinned. But no one is looking at them. Because they do not even know where it is. They learn about this function when they see that I "pinned the message" and they say "oo, what is it - a pinned message, and where to find it?"
    I…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Video sharing and streaming

I'd like to see a video sharing and streaming service run by Discord.

Obviously this would be sometime in the future given the time and cost required to start it, however given how widespread Discord itself has become (it has 110% replaced skype, ventrilo, teamspeak and dare I even mention them, raidcall and mumble for me) I feel like it could do with its own internal video hosting service. Perhaps even support ads and allow/disallow monetized videos on a server-by-server basis, and of course, have nitro users avoid ads entirely.

Obviously videos and streams should be viewable without using the…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding GIF Emote

Allow GIF emotes to be allowed in all discord servers

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hi discord! :3 It was just an idea from me and my friend,

Hi, discord! :3 It was just an idea from me and my friend, but we thought about the custom emojis which you can use on your servers. It would be really cool, if people who are at the same server, could use them also in private chat. We just thought about it and well... It would be cool ^^ <3

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Several improvements to direct messages section on android

On Android, Discord is missing several features in direct messages:
    Status indicator in header, right after a username of someone you're chatting with (same as in the desktop app)

Indication of current playing games in list of direct conversations (same as in the desktop app)

And it would probably be useful to display an user profile (or profile card) after long tap on conversation (in direct conversations list)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Messages in DMs

The other day, I was wondering how many messages I have sent to my friend and how many messages they have sent to me and the total amount of messages in a DM.

I and a friend have been talking for 4 days on via Discord and we send each other a lot of messages - that's why I wondered it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Browser Support

Add the goggle app for discord

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for invite generation of only timeout invites

Basically have 3 options:

Don’t enable instant invites permission
    Enable instant invites permission without allowing infinite usage
    Enable instant invites permission with allow infinite usage

It’d work for servers that get heavily raided or something I suppose but want to grow?

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better text channel names

Right now I noticed that it's possible to use more characters such as capitals, spaces, even emoji's in both Voice Channel as Category names.
    But what annoys me is that this isn't the case for Text Channels...
    I would love it if we would be able to do the same for Text Channels, and im pretty sure it isn't that much of work to implement?

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Separate the "Read Text Channels" and the "See Voice Channels" Permissions

With the current Canary version, there was a new permission added, "View Voice Channel" which is the same as "Read Text Channels". And I understand the reasoning behind thinking that it would be a fine grouping for the guild settings, and to a degree it is, but in my guild, I would like basic users to be able to read the text channels, but not see any of the voice channels, so what I am thinking is to remove the "Read Text Channels & See Voice Channels" permission in the guild settings, and modify them to be "See Voice Channels"…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can we exclude users instead of entire roles?

Instead of giving/taking permissions from entire roles of groups can we give/take away roles from certain individuals that don't have to be in a role? It sucks figuring out who is in which role, and where you want them and don't want them without taking/giving it to everyone in that role and also not having to create a laundry list of roles for extremely specific purposes.

Eg. You like this guy enough to put him in "THE BOYS" but not enough to be in a tight knit circle's voice channel if we want to get away from them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy from Pinned Menu

Instead of having to jump to a pinned message to copy the content, we should be able to copy the message directly from the pinned menu.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Task Force Radio for Discord

My suggestion is: i hope you guys try to add a TFR (Task Force Radio) compatibility for Arma 3 radio. I'll put the link at the end.
    'cause i really hate using team speak and i really want people to use this awesome app. It will bring more people to the server

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Separate messaging for servers

For each server, if there was a way to have separate messaging, it will make using servers much better.

In the current state, I have to switch to the direct messaging tab and choose a person to message. However, having the messaging built into each server will make it easier to find people in the server, rather than having to find the person in the dm list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Temporary notification behavior rules change upon user activity

I would like to suggest a new notification behavior, changeable within options or per server/channel setting.

If I have a server muted, either fully or @mentions only, whenever I participate in a channel (leaving a message), temporary change the notification behavior for a user specified amount of time.

Example:

I am in 13+ active servers, so I muted all except mentions. I ask a question or talk a little in one of the channels, for the next 30min, the channel will notify me of all message again; After 30min, channel reverts to @mention only.

This is particularly helpful for semi…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to hide connections from people who aren't friends with you.

So discord already has connections, as shown in the User Settings, and you can turn it off in the Connections area, but why not be able to hide them from people who you aren't friends with.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base