Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make channels & group calls mute in game

Basically I think that when you open up a game all text channels, servers and group calls you're in should auto switch notification settings to "only @mentions" so that you can't be disturbed whilst playing.

I know we can all manually toggle this but whilst mid game who wants to switch in and out to do so?

Once you leave the game it reverts back to your user set settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Seperate Server Mute List for Mobile

Before I type out my reasoning of why I think it would be useful, here is the feature that I hope to see implemented:

Instead of muted servers being the same between desktop and mobile, an option to have servers only muted on mobile, or something that would achieve the same effect.

I have a lot of servers that when I'm on my computer, I want to get notifications from for the most part, but when I'm on my phone, all they do is clog my phone notifs with things that I don't care about at the moment. I mute…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Personal Emoji Passport

So when I subscribed to Nitro, I expected one of two things to happen with the "Emoji Passport" feature. Either, use the Emoji's you put on a server yourself in other servers. Or, have your own set of uploaded Emoji's on your account to use anywhere. Of course as most found out, it was the former.

So, for my suggestion, I suggest that there's an actual "Emoji Passport" feature in which each person has a 50 emoji limited 'passport', in which their own profile has their own custom emoji's they set for themselves for use in any server.

After all,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to override role colors in client for better visibility of names in chat

I know that a lot of folks love the idea of colors attached to roles. It adds to the community of the server by providing a distinguished or senior member of the server with an easily identifiable flag for "hey, I'm kind of a big deal" Sometimes however, server admins aren't the best at choosing colors that are easily readable, or like myself you struggle with seeing some colors in either the provided dark or light themes. (for instance, it is impossible for me to read the name of a purple/red role in the dark theme, or a yellow/pink name…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customize size of voicechannel window.

I suggest that you could add the possibility to customize the size x of the voice chat part because it's so s```mall. Optional it would be nice if it is possible to move the windows/parts of discord and reset them, but that mustn't be so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. let me google that for you

Just as simple as /giphy integration to aid in conversations, could be a good idea to have things like "Let me Google that for you" integration

For instance, simply

/google pictures of cats

and you get: https://www.google.com/#q=pictures+of+cats

Or something of the like.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Private Server Status

I'd like to be able to point Discord to my private game servers, such as Ark or Minecraft, and have it show their status. Specifically if they're online or not, but stats like ping or players connected would be neat if at all possible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add streaming status and partnership for other streaming platforms

Discord should have an option to partner with other platforms such as youtube, beam and hitbox, as well as that fancy "Streaming *Game*" status.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Razer extra button support

Example: Is it possible to add support for the extra keys on a Razer Black Widow keyboard? The keys are labeled M1, M2, M3, M4 and M5. Currently I have to make a macro on one of them for a hotkey combination such as 'ctrl + \' so I can use the Toggle Mic Mute keybind. I would like to be able to keep the keys at their default to avoid creating new hotkeys. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easier to add people/friends

Easier to add people/friends
    Love discord. Suggestion though, like the invitation to a discord server where you click copy for the invite link, same thing for your user name and # number so you can just click a button and paste it to someone, small feature, but I think would be appreciated

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Page-up, page-down, home and end key functionality for search history

Allowing desktop-keyboard-ninja-Discord-enthusiasts (DKNDEs?) to use the page up/page down and home/end keys to quickly scroll up and down in the history of the newly added search function sounds like a quick to implement and useful addition to the app. Good work guys!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Temporary Support Channels

An idea I had based on browsing certain support forums would be to allow users to create temporary "support channels" within a server that could be viewed only by the creator and server staff (users with a "view support channels" permission, for example). The channel could then be hidden or disposed of when the creator or staff decide to close it.

I know that it's already possible to PM an individual user or group of friends, but this way users could privately request help from staff, report issues, etc. in a way that multiple support users could see, and without…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Vid.me video embeds would be amazing!

http://imgur.com/a/IwqIn

Vid.me is a website that opts itself as a YouTube alternative, being a little more "open" for content creators in certain areas.

Embeds would be awesome if possible. Thanks ^-^

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Stickers!

Add Stickers please! This idea is a must so we can have an alternative to LINE thank you :)

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Video Calls

We have waited for this far too long. It's been requested for over 6 months now and you have said nothing more than that it's "planned". When it is planned or is this just something that will always be planned and never actually be done? Please, we need this feature on Discord or it will never be better than Skype. Thank you.

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Profile picture in calls to be animated for Nitro

At the moment Nitro members dont have the animated gif everywhere. It would be call to have the gif to be active while in a private call. Like this.

http://i.md-5.us/U8D2GC.png

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. muted users have a red ring

I believe a minor improvement would be to implement a red ring around muted users avatars, this would help as there is currently no way of seeing if a player is muted or not when using the horizontal avatar layout, whereas in the vertical layout there is. Images attached for what i mean with vert/horizon :) https://gyazo.com/ee9fb4a0e38d138f61be07e871fda605
    https://gyazo.com/9305b7392a96d2428b5914b7a2221930

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Embedded NicoVideo support

So apparently we have YouTube supported by Discord (as expected), and there is another famous video site called NicoNico Douga which has alot of the video, and YouTube also have those video origin from NicoNico Douga, so why not added support for NicoNico Douga?
    Hopefully Discord will support the embedded video playback for NicoNico Douga video link

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. offline

Would it be possible to give chat owners ability to toggle if they want the offline list to show in their server? If I'm stupid, and just haven't figured out yet; someone inform me. However; I hate to look at the Offline list. I'd much rather have it off, and people online will just appear under their roles.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base