Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invisible and DnD

I would like a feature that allows you to go invisible but still be able to have DnD on.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alert when trying to speak while muted

Just like with Teamspeak.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple Regions in a Server

Well, I'm running an amateur eSports team. And we recently decided to get an NA roster aswell. (We used to be EU only)
    But when they connect to our voicechannels. they have lag (Ofcourse because its hosted on the EU) But then i saw you cannot have multiple regions in one discord server. So maybe its an idea to add a feature in the voicechannels itself to set an additional region next to the default region. I think it would be a good feature.

Greetings,
    Boy "Boykuh" Kemps

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. removing offensive profile pictures from server

I spend some time on quite a few discord servers(and I am an admin on a couple of them), but I find sometimes that some people use gross/offensive profile pictures on the servers, and I don't want to ban them from the server for that. I think that there should be a permission to remove the user's profile picture from being viewed on that server and possibly have a incorporated report button only available to admins if it extremely offensive. This function would make a aspect so small of server administration and moderation that much easier, since it would just…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Administrator permission without manage_server or other various permissions

Allow the administrator permission to be given without manage_server being granted, or allow an option for the server owner to change what administrator grants. I'd like my admins to have access to every channel, however I don't want to have to give them access to manage_server or other sensitive permissions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. logfile

My idea is to integrate a logfile function. So that the text-chat will be written on my hdd. But not as a plain text ! Must be a crypted file wich is only readable with discord. So insults can be uncovered.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have tabs for different text channels so you can view more than one at once.

My friends and I use two different text channels on our server. Both are usually being used at the same time. It'd be really handy to have two "tabs" that occupy the screen so you could see two text channels at once.

Maybe for even two different servers so you don't constantly have to switch between them to keep up with the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option in Channel Settings to ONLY post images and no text.

Make text channels be unable to type, but can post images.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Icons for channels

So I think adding emojis or icons to each channels would be good, with the recent implement of custom emojis if we were able to put emojis in channel names in would be really useful

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Synced Video Sharing

To be able to post YouTube videos in group chats and watch it at the same time as everyone else. Kinda sorta like watch2gether or rabb.it

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. name

I wish I could rename my friends so I always see them with the same name regardless of what they change it to. I want Tom to always be Tom even when he changes to his character name for big groups or anything like that. Please let me have Tom.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow users to disable now playing per server.

It would be nice to be able to disable showing what you're currently playing per server.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the ability to make the bot tag invisible

Right now the only way to do this is with a user bot, which is all there basically used for is trolling of this sort. But I want to be able to turn this off for a horror bot I want from a movie to make it more realistic and look like a user bot

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tap a Friend to Message

Tapping a friend in your friendlist should immediately open up the direct message with them. There is no reason to make the main feature of the app take MORE taps than viewing someone's profile, something that does not need to be done that frequently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to select which chat to share to on Android

It appears that when sharing links or pictures from other Android apps to the Discord app, the shared item simply gets pushed directly into the last chat window that was open in the app, be it a server channel or private chat. All other communication apps, such as Skype, allow you to choose which chat window to share the item in. Without this capability, it could be very easy to accidentally share something to the wrong chat in Discord. Please add this enhancement soon, thank you.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make emoji larger when using the compact layout

Currently compact layout makes certain emoticons, especially Twitch.tv integrated ones, too small to be "readable".

Increase the size of the emojis in the compact layout by allowing them to "overflow" into the padding around individual lines more, much like Twitch chat does it.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Giphy Support To Mobile Apps

Currently the commands don't work on mobile.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Push Notifications When Someone Is Typing

I'm an impatient person and would love to see when people are responding to my messages without constantly having to unlock my phone and open the app :-) Though I use Discord mainly for one-on-one chats- I can see how this would be unwieldy for the many people who are on several servers!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Owner Designation

Just a small idea; I think it would be good if a server owner could be designated some way via the program interface. Similar to how roles are displayed, but with a permanent, public tag so people know who that person is without them having to create an announcement or something of the sort. Or, have the owner's name displayed somewhere easily found/accessible in a server.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Custom Activity Status

Letting us set our own Activity Status beneath our names rather than "Playing (game)" so we can instead put "Editing, Watching, AFK, Managing" etc etc

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base