Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Verified Bots

I think bots should be able to get verified so you know when a bot dm's you that it is the official bot instead of getting dm'ed by a fake one with the same name and profile picture.

117 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Vote kick

Hi,

We've all been in voice channels with annoying people, those trolls who play extremely loud music and just being annoying in general.

Now, I propose a vote kick system, based on the number of people in the specific voice chat channel. If 75% or at least 50% of the users agree for person X to be kicked, then you simply kick him.

This is very useful for large communities when you need to get rid of someone on the whim, without having to wait who knows how long for a moderator.

Just a thought... :)

907 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Discord is not only for gamers! Change Discord's description

All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers, developers, friends, family and literally everyone that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

This is how it should be

2,250 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Blocking Users Gives A Warning If You Join A Server With Them

You should REALLY make it so, if you try to join a server and someone you've blocked is in there, you get a popup with their ID, letting you know beforehand.

It'd make me feel a lot more secure about actually joining new servers, along with many others.

90 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Message deleting

Whatever conversations you may be having, every one of us has come to the moment where we wish we could delete messages. Not one by one, but in mass. Not only your messages but the other person's too. Most messaging apps have this feature and I think it would be one that is beneficial to add for users. Currently the only way to get rid of messages is to block someone which is a pain.

Give a warning that the messages won't be able to be recovered and you're set.

587 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discord Nitro Animated name

As the title explains, making it possible for Discord Nitro to have animated names like your name doing a wave for example.

94 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better Kicks & Bans

I'm sure we have had that one person, who had to break the server rules and you had to kick or ban them.

After typing in the kick or ban reason, the user should get a popup notification, basically an overlay, displaying what server they were kicked//banned from, and why.

If a user was kicked, there could be an option to "send invite" which will have an invite link back to the server

If a user was banned, there should be an option to ban them for [number] days, but do not send an invite back.

I am sure a…

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Bots to have variable rate limits on a case by case basis

Tie bot Rate Limits to its bot token. If bots that are super busy, they are able to have higher global (and possibly per-route) limits so they don't get backlogged and hinder user experience of using it.

Or, perhaps have a verified bot system where larger bots or bots that go through some sort of verification system inherently have higher limits. But again, this likely will have to tie limits to a bot token (or maybe their client id).

Example, I run Now Live, which announces live streams all across Discord in 23k+ guilds and regularly gets bogged down with…

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Separate @here and @everyone permissions

Separate @here and @everyone permissions.
    Allow us to let users use @here but NOT @everyone
    Also server wide ability to mute @here and @everyone independantly

221 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable pop-out video chat, and allow dragging the box anywhere.

Currently, the video chat function is limited only to when you have discord focused, a 'pop out' button would be a really good idea.

As well, currently you can only drag the window (While in a chat other than who you're calling) to either the top or bottom right, it'd be nice if you could fix it anywhere on the screen.

4,599 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Vacation Mode (Out of Office)

Even though it may be terrifying. There are times when we will not have access to Discord or any internet to begin with. Usually this has to do with being on vacation, moving, or something else.

Despite telling everyone about your plans to go to Wumpton Island, inevitably people will not get the message or forget.

This mode fixes this by automatically replying to DM's and mentions with a prewritten message. Your status also changes "On break" with a light blue color, this status is treated like any offline user.

2,384 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Discord Server Ads

Allows server owners to put on google ads on their server displayed where they wish. (Can be disabled) Discord get a fee out of this amount of money earned from the ads, And the owner gets the rest. This will work by discord setting up the making of the ads, and having there be a system that shows the server owner how much they have earned, and etc. The owner can then cash out in the payment method they wish.

108 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mixer Integration

Make Integration for Mixer the same way it is for Twitch - so people know you're streaming on Mixer and can go and watch it. Also linking the mixer account allows people to view your channel.

217 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bot Owner Programme

As everyone knows that there is a programme called Discord Partners in which a socially famous person or a famous community can get some sort of benefits for using Discord, tho they spend all their time on a different platform and get rewarded on Discord. While the Bot Owners who spend hours-and-hours of work to create something unique in the platform but they do not get any rewards for it, they spend a lot of money as well just for the hosting and try their best to make the platform fun and safe but still don't get rewarded for it.…

450 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Server Banner

the ability to upload a small simple banner for your discord servers
    like so

https://twitter.com/discordapp/status/964254904352165888

129 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Picture editting

When you send a picture in chat or in dms, maybe we can do it like whatsapp that you can cut the picture for when you don't wanna show everything, maybe even that you can draw on it or add emojis on it as sticker (maybe allow your global or server emojis to be added on it aswell).

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Connect and integrate GOG account to Discord

GOG.com is a digital distribution platform for video games and films. It differs from Steam by offering all its games DRM-free.

GOG Galaxy is GOG.com's desktop client, available on Windows, MacOS and Linux. The client is designed as a storefront, software delivery, and social network client, allowing players to buy and play games from GOG.com and share them with friends. Galaxy also plans to include an original multiplayer API, allowing developers to include a level of multiplayer functionality in GOG.com.

Adding GOG connections to our Discord accounts would allow users to more easily find other players to interact and play…

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a option to make servers publicly viewable if not signed in

Some platforms do not allow discord links because its not viewable publicly without signing in. A good example of this is the ROBLOX game dev platform, it's large, but moderators can't easily view discord servers without joining as a user.

I suggest making it possible for servers to allow viewing it publicly, this could also make it easier for people to determine if they want to join it. And even use it as a public platform for posting news, etc.

Although i can see issues with non-signed in users going past rate limits, but that could be a temporary ip…

506 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Apple Music Integration?

with the recent addition of spotify integration, could we get the same with Apple Music/iTunes?

131 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. HypeSquad - Community Concept

Hello there!

I am currently an official HypeSquad associate. I would like to present a concept me, and probably others, would be delighted to see being added. My major concept is listed below.

Private Discord Server
    :: I am aware the Discord server is only granted for those who have received an acceptance email for those who have decided on Event Attendee or Coordinator. But, I really have a passion for Discord and so do other Discord HypeSquad members who are not an Event Coordinator/Attendee, thus separated server or not, I would love to see a Discord community for ANY…

111 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base