Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nitro Tag

Hey guys, Just a suggestion to make Nitro EVEN cooler, you could add the nitro badge next to nitro subscriber names, or a small tag, just as bots get a little [ BOT ] next to theirs. Here's a quick concept I made up on PS:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/140504392565653504/273567322264961034/Untitled-1.jpg

786 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Translator Badges

I think it would be great to have a Translator Badge for people who are helping to translate Discord, just like on Twitter.
    This could be a reward for those who helped translating, this could also be a motivation for newer people to translate Discord in their own language.

I've made a concept, that's how it look like: https://s21.postimg.org/p02ywioev/Discord.png

So it's just an uncompleted idea, if you have any suggestions, just feel free to post it underneath :)

Thank you for reading!

218 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. overlay mute and deafen icons

basically a simple icon next to the avatar of a user showing if he is muting or not in the in-game overlay ... example : http://i.imgur.com/LsXjsWL.png

135 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Role Mention Permission

I have a bot that allows people to assign roles to themselves so that members can tag the group of people who are apart of that role to posts that interest them. Unfortunately, some people who assign themselves these roles include @*rolename* when they are assigning the role to themselves, which tags the people to their command, even though it's clearly explained not to include the @ symbol when assigning their role.

The reason this is a problem is because I don't want to disable the mentions of these roles because they have purpose in my server, and that's why…

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Discord Avatar Croppping

Allow Discord users to crop the picture they're uploading as their avatar after they've uploaded the image to discord rather than requiring them to crop it beforehand and hope that the weird centering system gets the avatar right.....

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add embed.fallback for bots

The discord client allows to disable embeds in the settings which make bot messages appear empty if they heavily rely on this feature.
    Introducing an embed.fallback field would allow bots to prompt the user with a kind of headsup telling them they don't see the response due to their settings.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Permanently deleting your account With all messages too.

So the account goes inactive if you don't use it, correct? You can always re-activate it however. Now permanently deleting it, you won't ever have access to it ever again, all they do is re-name you. Like... bruh, I would have left my other account in inactive OR simply change the email.

They don't provide much for deleting an account, and it's not the case for group chats that deletes the audit log deletes the messages in 90 days.

Permanently deleting the account has no benefits,
    why do I seem pissed? I have too many exes, and I want them…

69 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Server mute/deafen colored

Make the mute and deafen icon for people who are muted and deafened by the server a different color than the default grey. Being able to tell if your muted by the server or if you have muted yourself at a quick glance would be super helpful.

80 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. DiscordDeck - TweetDeck for Discord

Recently while using TweetDeck, I thought how nice it would be if there would be a similar thing for Discord: a website (or maybe a separate option/tab in the normal site) where you are able to list and display multiple text channels from different servers, multiple PMs etc.

A few things this would be useful for:
    -moderation across different servers. It would be immensly helpful to see more text-channels at once, instead of having to switch quickly through every single channel in all servers someone mods on.
    -fullscreen gaming with two monitors. When you need to know what happens in…

145 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Extend Screenshare-Video into Video Channels

I've seen some similar ideas about "Video Channels" but mostly what people seem to talk about is sharing an existing video stream. What I propose, is that we extend the upcoming ScreenShare/Video Chat and create "Video Channels" where *only* the people that have specific permissions can show their screen/webcam, and then only one at a time.

The end result would be something like the Twitch App's "Twitch Chat" which shows the twitch stream + chat beneath it. But in this case, it would be an internal-only, Discord-specific/exclusive stream that could only be watched from inside Discord.

Just like Audio channels,…

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Let Bots Have .gif Avatars

Let's face it, everyone loves Nitro for the emotes and avatars. But let bots have .gifs for avatars as well! Maybe only one bot can have it, but that's one of the coolest features on Discord! Imagine what people could do with it!

474 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Birthday and Wumpusday badges

It would be nice if there was a way to set your birthday and show a little cake or present badge next to your name when it is your birthday.

Aditionally, you could also have a Wumpus badge next to your name when your account reaches a anniversary.

It doesnt need to be anything flashy or send out notifications to anyone, just something small to let people know that its a special day

304 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Message History Options

Please allow more detailed permissions for message history!

For example, I want to set message history to fade out/become invisible for users with/without certain roles after a customizable amount of time.

This would allow users to view recent message history if they are briefly disconnected or using the mobile client, without giving them access to the entire, searchable history of the channel.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Get rid of the nsfw- prefix, make it an icon. Also add server-wide NSFW.

Let's face it, the "nsfw-" text channel prefix is annoying. Make it an icon that stays on the right side of the channel name, kinda like that: https://i.imgur.com/69fTqY8.jpg
    That way, the actual channel name is not affected, but the channel is clearly marked as NSFW.

While you're at it, why not have a server-wide NSFW option? So that we wouldn't have to mark all our 15 channels as NSFW.

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More audit log reasons

Right now solely having reasons for bans is a bit lacking. Reasons for kicks and unbans would especially be useful but for all changed a reason couldn't hurt. Why're you changing this channel permission? Why're you creating a new role? Why're you creating a new channel? All could be useful. I suggest at least adding kick and unban reasons and consider reasons for everything else.

70 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Badges in chat!

So basically when you get accepted to be a partner with discord or into the discord hypesquad, you get a badge. Unfortunately, when you receive this badge, it only shows up when you right click your username and click profile... and let's be real, nobody goes through the effort of doing that. So I thought it would be cool if your badge was shown next to your profile picture in chat or next to your name. This would also allow your badge to be seen next to your name on the "online list". I don't see any cons of doing…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Be invisible on one server but online on another.

We can choose on which server we are online but invisible on other. Imagine I am on a server but I want to leave them to devote myself to another server without being told "you were online ... Why not be with us ... Liar" Because yes sometimes I was lying . For having peace on another servers. Thank you !

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Log into multiple accounts at once

I would like to be able to be logged into multiple Discord accounts at the same time like I am on my Google Hangouts app.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Watching" instead of "Playing"

If you have your Discord account linked to your Twitch account, you should be able to let people show their support for their streamers they are watching, if they want to of course (possibility to disable it as well)

This idea can just help a lot of "little streamers" to get know and get a community, also it should be a good fonction for the "Discord Hype Squad"

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add the option to password a text channel or voice channel

I've been trying to make private voice and text channels recently but it seems impossible... I'd love to have an option to add passwords on voice channels and text channels on my server.

-COTONETR :)

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base