Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make 'admin' role non-movable by 'moderator' role

I mean, I don't want the moderators to be able to move me to another voice room on my server. I've tried it with a friend, who had only the moderator role, and he was able to move me to another channel, even if the admin role, which I had, is higher in the role list than the moderator.

274 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search exclusions

I would love to see a feature in search for exclusions, Stuff like:
    not-from: user
    not-in: channel
    not-during: date
    etc.

I find that a lot of times I know what I don't want to find. And having exclusion filters would be an easy way to filter out the extra noise.

1,683 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Discord integration with Windows 10 People

Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update 2017 came with the ability to 'pin' your favorite contacts to the windows taskbar. The app then connects to various services like skype, email, etc. It would be cool if it connected to discord too so you can quickly reach your favorite people without having to find them on the app.

132 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Opion for hide all NSFW channels

In accoumt settings, there should be option called “Hide all NSFW channels from all servers”. So people who would like do not see NSFW channels can choose it.

239 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Server Menu

Add a menu for easy server finding. Looking through the normal server list with a lot of servers can get kinda frustrating at times.

It would be useful if there was a way to open up a menu that displays all of them in tile layout like you can with the file explorer of your computer.

The menu would also contain things like, search, filtering, Maybe a favorite feature where you can favorite certain servers, and easy management of your servers.

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Picarto integration

We've already got Twitch integration, so why not Picarto as well?

https://picarto.tv/

While Discord may have been designed for gaming, it's definitely used by more than just the gaming community. We've got Patreon integration already as well, so why not add a popular streaming service used by artists? Just like with Twitch, simply being able to show you're streaming and link to the stream page would go a long way!

I even got memed on by @discordapp and drew a picture for this, make it happen guys.

3,769 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

277 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase emoji limit

I want you to increase emoji limit, because it is hard to embody all emoji ideas on the popular server ith lots of users. Lots of people create servers where a large quantity of emojis would be rather useful, but amount of emojis is limited to 50. I'm not asking you to do the amount of emojis to unlimited, I just want it to be increased to 100 or more.

480 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow only admins/moderators to mention certain roles

For example, let's say there's a beta tester role. We don't want everyone to be able to mention that role, that would lead to tons of spam and abuse. Why not have an option to allow just admins to mention that role instead of everyone?

1,859 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Profile Picture Cropping

Sometimes I can't crop a profile picture (Though Discord does a good enough job) But somtimes it sucks, so Discord can we crop profile pictures?

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Bans To Be Sorted By Most Recent

I currently moderate a Discord server with 698 bans, if someone was accidentally banned and you didn't know who it was, it would be very difficult finding out who was banned. Allowing the ban list to be sorted by most recent (and also show when they were banned) would be incredibly helpful for investigating ban evasion by creating alt accounts and can be a quick & easy way to unban someone if they happened to be accidentally banned.
    Please consider making this a thing! It would be very convenient for server moderators!

175 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Discord for the Nintendo Switch

Just a simple idea

7,082 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

660 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Implement new version of Opus (v1.2)

New version of Opus is out, lots of improvements, also for speech
    https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,114234/topicseen.html
    https://people.xiph.org/~jm/opus/opus-1.2/

"- Speech quality improvements especially in the 12-20 kbit/s range
    - Improved VBR encoding for hybrid mode
    - More aggressive use of wider speech bandwidth, including fullband speech starting at 14 kbit/s
    - Music quality improvements in the 32-48 kb/s range
    - Generic and SSE CELT optimizations
    - Support for directly encoding packets up to 120 ms
    - DTX support for CELT mode
    - SILK CBR improvements
    - Support for all of the fixes in draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-06 (the mono downmix and the folding fixes need --enable-update-draft)
    -…

1,185 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Vote kick

Hi,

We've all been in voice channels with annoying people, those trolls who play extremely loud music and just being annoying in general.

Now, I propose a vote kick system, based on the number of people in the specific voice chat channel. If 75% or at least 50% of the users agree for person X to be kicked, then you simply kick him.

This is very useful for large communities when you need to get rid of someone on the whim, without having to wait who knows how long for a moderator.

Just a thought... :)

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Streaming Status For YouTube Gaming Streamers

You should add a streaming status for YouTube Gaming users. We feel left out too and twitch isn't the only streaming platform!

155 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A new "video" channel type, for server-wide video share

We have voice channels, text channels, DM Channels, and Group DM's.

Video is coming to discord, to DM channels, to Group DM channels, but not to servers.

If servers had "Video" channels with their own permissions like, "connect to channel", "send video", "send audio", "view video", "hear audio", etc, that would be so useful.

Think of the possibilities, bots can play videos and everyone can watch them, bots can control what plays.

We could have stats channels, like say a tournament is being ran, you could make a bot live show the tournament/game, with stats, information, just like watching a…

3,461 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

181 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Maintenance mode (with photoshopped pic), locked categories.

I photoshopped an image to visualize it.
    https://imgur.com/crBTGdY

Here are some additional thoughts/notes:

What it does while in maintenance mode:

puts entire server on mute, to avoid giving any notifications of channels
    hides text & voice channel names
    unables you to send messages
    adds maintenance icon on top of server icon on left side
    displays customisable message

Extra ideas/features:

ability to add (small) staff only chat (or small 'announcement/update box) somewhere in the main window, for staff members to update right there for everyone to see
    notification button gives you a sound, green mark (instead of red with unread messages)…

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give Mobile Devices "/" commands

Give mobile devices "/" commands such as /giphy

142 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Role clicking

Clickable roles! Currently, role mentions are highlighted when you hover over them, but that can be misleading, because clicking on them does nothing. Here's an example on how I think role mentions should be treated: https://i.imgur.com/CbqR0Ia.gifv

115 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Upon leaving server feedback

Please add a prompt to give server owners feedback upon leaving a server!

I think you could give server owners good insight into why it is people are leaving their communities!

As a community owner I would love to know why my members are deciding to leave the server!
    Add premade options like
    "Too overcrowded"
    "Too inactive"
    "Not covering my interests"
    "Its boring"
    Etc.
    And of course, a "Other" and a field so they could type out their reason for leaving.

You could add a menu next to the audit log (or within it?) for staff to also be able…

131 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mixer Intergration?

As you all know, that Beam was taken over by Microsoft, and it's a streaming platform as well, wouldn't it be cool to be able to have the SAME integration as Twitch does?

Discord: Hey your streaming on Twitch? Let me change and link your twitch for you!

Can that idea be for Mixer as well? Cause im sure lots of people would be happy to be able to get this enabled,

BONUS: As well for the Mixer integration, they can implement the Subscribers as well! cause you know, same scenario right?

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base