Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add timeouts instead of only ban option

It would be nice to put somebody on a timeout instead of a full on ban because sometimes people say bad things but not bad enough for a ban. So I just want a option to give people timeouts for a customizable amount of time.

185 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nickname History

just for good flashbacks kthx.

130 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Server Organisation

Hey all!

I noticed that there's a decent amount of requests for some type of server folders/organisation so I put together some concepts that I think would work great with Discord. :)

Check them out: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

3,833 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

339 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow us to set the whole server as adults only rather than taggin all channels.

This having to label every channel as NSFW is just causing a mess. Instead allow us who run servers with a mature audience to set the whole server as NSFW or 18+.

As it is now, my server doesn't allow kids in as we want a community where everyone is an adult, works for a living and doesn't have time for all the drama etc. that comes with the younger audience servers. We're a place to come and play, talk shop, relax, be foul mouthed etc.

1,749 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Opion for hide all NSFW channels

In accoumt settings, there should be option called “Hide all NSFW channels from all servers”. So people who would like do not see NSFW channels can choose it.

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discord Trophies

Currently, Discord only allows you to show one of the badges. But what if we'll add "Trophies Showcase" into profile to show all member 'contribution' to the Discord.

I made quick concept of this: https://i.imgur.com/CDmiNAC.png

So basically, how it could work.

Trophies are badges given for some contribution to the Discord:
    - Bug Hunter: report at least five bugs
    - HypeSquad: join the HypeSquad
    - Translator: join the translation team, vote for 500+ translation or suggest at least 200 (not duplicates) OR get 50 approved translations
    - Nitro: buy Discord Nitro and support Discord
    - Staff: work at Discord (lol) …

150 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cross Channel Communication

Good Day!

New feature suggestions - cross channel communications like in Mumble.

What is Cross Channel Communication? Ex: some specific users with special permissions (could be a tag like "Squad Leader") can say something using a hotkey such as an important message and all other voice channels can hear it.

This is a very useful feature in MMOs games, especially for larger guilds and alliances with multiple voice channels! This makes for great communication and team work.

Currently a lot of us are force to use other communication apps like mumble and TS for this feature. It would be awesome…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keybinds for Video Calls

How about some Keybinds for:
    - Turn camera on/off
    - Turn screenshare on/off
    - Switch from camera to screenshare
    - Instant share screen 1 (or 2,3,..)

156 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Right-Click on Messages->Report = Notify Mods/Admins (* Role) on server

Basically should be a simple way to report messages instead of having to @mention moderators in each channel that may be compromised.

So, this came about when a user spammed a bunch of channels, well, I @moderators every channel that was corrupted. So that was about 5-6 mentions. When it could just be easier to just right click on message and report them to the right roles.

And/or have some sort of Message Report log, for admins to look at. And they can then delete, edit or warn that message poster all in one interface quickly, instead of jumping to…

75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Be able to set the default channel.

You should be able to change what the default channel is set to without deleting the original one. Even after deleting the original, you still can't set it. It always defaults to the channel on the top.

Additionally, after deleting the original default channel, tapping on a server icon on mobile selects it but displays your friend list where the messages would normally be, which I think is a bit of an issue. You have to manually tap a channel to get it to display that channel's messages, when it should automatically choose the set default channel for you.

From…

71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Audit logs to show Pins and Unpins

Audit logs will show if someone pins a message or unpins a message such as:

"{USER} unpinned a message"

and then you can click on it to jump to that message, or:

"{USER} pinned a message"

and you can click on that also to jump to that message.

124 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Update to EmojiOne 3.1

Currently Discord is on EmojiOne 2.3 (I believe), which is kinda lame and doesn't have extremely important emojis such as the male :shrug: emoji, or the :flying_saucer: emoji. Also, EmojiOne 3.1 has a new style which I (personally) think looks much nicer than 2.3

376 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show an indication in the voice channel that a user is currently live.

Show an indication in the voice channel when a user is currently streaming in that specific and show which user is live.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/zMG3kI2.png

1,426 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove automatically joining voice chat

Well it's kind of self explanatory. When you create a new server, you are automatically put into the general voice chat. This is honestly kind of dumb and very annoying. I mean if you just created the server it's not like there will be anyone else there to chat. It is annoying to have to go and click disconnect (especially annoying on mobile). This would also cause problems if someone is multitasking and creates a server while in a voice chat as they will be booted out of their voice chat. The simple solution to all this is to just…

161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Roles changed to tree diagram

1) Google images for tree diagram.

2) Change the current Role/permission ladder to the tree diagram

Why: Allows for better granting of permissions and leadership assigning. Can also be made to look more graphically intuitive and pleasing to look at.

Main point: one branch should not be able to affect the other branches permission wise, because they are different branches, they have nothing to do with each other, so separate them. The ladder system doesn't allow that.

78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shared Text Channels

Discord could have an option to make a channel a "Shared Channel", syncronizing chat between two discord servers. Similar to Slack's recent Shared Channels feature, this could be beneficial for those who would like to link certain channels across discord servers, without requiring that user to be in both servers.

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Bans To Be Sorted By Most Recent

I currently moderate a Discord server with 698 bans, if someone was accidentally banned and you didn't know who it was, it would be very difficult finding out who was banned. Allowing the ban list to be sorted by most recent (and also show when they were banned) would be incredibly helpful for investigating ban evasion by creating alt accounts and can be a quick & easy way to unban someone if they happened to be accidentally banned.
    Please consider making this a thing! It would be very convenient for server moderators!

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bigger video call view with text-chat still visible

When we're in a video call, standard view (the half-half split) makes the video a little too small to see comfortably. Full view has a good video size, but then I can't see the DM chat.

Perhaps while in call other elements (friend list, channel list, callers' avatars) can be minimized or simply the ratio between video view and DM chat be adjustable, so we can see both a big enough video and text chat as well.

149 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Discord Home screen

So, i was thinking to add a home screen, as you know whenever you cold start discord it automatically brings you to your friends list. I was thinking, add a nice home screen that shows the time, date your status and you recent mentions / DMS also shows you most recent servers that when you click it takes you there. Also there could be an option to change the color/ turn it off.

124 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Arabic

Hello Discord Team, Can you make discord support Arabic Alphabet in text channels names and voice channels names ? that would be great and a lot of Arabic ppl will join discord.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base