Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simplified and Advanced Role/Hierarchy

Hello Everyone!

I know it's been brought up many times about a new Hierarchy for Discord Servers and I know some of them have been kicked back by the devs cause it will make things confusing for people. This I do understand having an extensive background in IT, you always want what is easiest for an end user. This is why I am suggesting have a "Simplified" and "Advanced" permissions menu for roles.

In "Simplifed" setup the permissions for roles and the hierarchy would stay the exact same, whatever is above another role can assign the one below it. That's…

906 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the Default Colour

Ever wanted to change the default colour on discord? I think it would be a brilliant idea if the people at discord could make it so its possible to change the default colour to whatever they wish, sometimes it can be hard reading grey and I think it needs to be optional.

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send hotkey - accessibilty

Add a hot key to send the current message as pressing enter would do. This is so the key combination can be bound to voice activation for disabled users.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audit 'Move Members'

Use of the 'Move Members' permission should be included in the Audit Logs.

In other words, members moved between voice channels by other members should be logged.

The permission is very useful, but it can be easily abused. Knowing who uses it could be very helpful in moderating its use.

259 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove the black margins on the ban gif

Purely out of OCD, I think we could enjoy this ban screen better without these black margins: http://i.imgur.com/F1UiQeH.png

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discord Moderation Improvements

So I have this suggestion that will help improve moderation on discord.

Add these options:
    Temp Ban
    Temp Mute

More: Make it so when you ban/mute/temp ban and mute some one you can add a reason why

Even more: Also add a ban and mute log so you can see who is banned/muted, when they were banned/muted, who banned/muted them, how long until they get unbanned, and why they are banned/muted.

I believe this is good to add because if you want to punish someone for doing something bad but don't want them to be banned forever. I also believe…

460 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cams in a video call should be like Skype

One of my Discord friends was one of the lucky few who can now use video calls. Up to now everything works just fine but cams should work like they do in Skype.
    Now you're just able to have one cam large and the other ones are tiny at the bottom or Discord is constantly switching between the cams which is irritating.
    So my suggestion is that you can set the cams by you're own like in Skype. Adjust the size of more than just one cam and have users without cams small.

Greetings from germany and I hope that…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Nitro

Make other payment Options for Nitro i.e. Paypal
    I and many other will not use credit card. But defiantly want to support you and get some nice shiny stuff.

4,242 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

367 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I am concerned about the new guidelines

Basically, I'm concerned about the new guidelines, specifically the ones involving gore and lolicon. I feel as if the discord developers are imposing their morality on their user base, And especially on servers specifically for the aforementioned content. I also think that they might be starting to fall down a slippery slope, and I know discord has tried to avoid those in the past. When making rules that apply to some forms of nsfw and not others, you really need to avoid slippery slopes in doing that. The issue could be solved by changing the rules slightly to not punish…

237 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Detailed Volume Control

More control of individual Discord sounds, e.g ringing tone can be turned down lower than the "ping" sound

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deleted mentions

There are some "trolls" on big servers mentioning people and then deleting the mentions which can be annoying for some. It would be nice if the deleted mentions wouldn't show up as notifications anymore so the trolling could stop and clear things up.

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow users to require confirmation before mentioning everyone

Users with roles that allow them to mention everyone (specifically those with Administrator permissions) should have the option to have the Discord client ask them if they are sure they want to send any message containing @everyone or @here. Having this feature be optional would allow it to be nonintrusive to those who do not have that worry, while being an effective measure for those in positions of power in larger servers to take to avoid upsetting users with accidental mentions.

The way I envision it is a simple pop-up such as the one that appears when deleting messages.

167 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Role Mention Permission

I have a bot that allows people to assign roles to themselves so that members can tag the group of people who are apart of that role to posts that interest them. Unfortunately, some people who assign themselves these roles include @*rolename* when they are assigning the role to themselves, which tags the people to their command, even though it's clearly explained not to include the @ symbol when assigning their role.

The reason this is a problem is because I don't want to disable the mentions of these roles because they have purpose in my server, and that's why…

91 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Log into multiple accounts at once

I would like to be able to be logged into multiple Discord accounts at the same time like I am on my Google Hangouts app.

97 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mentioning Improvements

A problem often run into while admining discord servers, is the inability to customize a created role’s capability to be @mentioned. Currently discord only has a slider for if everyone can, or can not @mention a specific role. This switch cannot be bypassed by members with administrative capabilities, or even the creator of the discord server, without giving every single person permissions. For this reason, we believe that allowing admins to customize roles so that only certain roles can use the @mention of that role would be a vast improvement for those of us trying to admin.

Examples of this:…

177 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. offline timer

Could we get an offline timer implement, showing how long a friend has been offline?

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improved Hyperlinks

Enable hyperlinks in normal msg chat too! So you can do `[This is the beautiful discord page](https://discordapp.com)` like in the embed message text fields (description, fields, footer)

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove automatically joining voice chat

Well it's kind of self explanatory. When you create a new server, you are automatically put into the general voice chat. This is honestly kind of dumb and very annoying. I mean if you just created the server it's not like there will be anyone else there to chat. It is annoying to have to go and click disconnect (especially annoying on mobile). This would also cause problems if someone is multitasking and creates a server while in a voice chat as they will be booted out of their voice chat. The simple solution to all this is to just…

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Increase emoji limit

I want you to increase emoji limit, because it is hard to embody all emoji ideas on the popular server ith lots of users. Lots of people create servers where a large quantity of emojis would be rather useful, but amount of emojis is limited to 50. I'm not asking you to do the amount of emojis to unlimited, I just want it to be increased to 100 or more.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. You shouldn't be able to move people higher than you between voice channels.

People with move access shouldn't be able to move people at a higher role. For example, someone with a "Moderator" role shouldn't be able to move someone with an "Administrator" or "Owner" role. (This example is of course different for each server, but you get the gist, right?)

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base