Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revert Server Changes

I help coordinate a community leadership guild on Discord. A worrying trend I've been seeing is our admins having their servers vandalized or destroyed. 2FA helps protect against unwanted account access but sometimes an admin or mod will go rogue and wreck things.

It would greatly help us all if owners could revert server activity/changes by certain intervals (perhaps by 5 minutes all the way to 24 hours). It is far too easy for us to lose countless hours of valuable discussion and information if an admin turns on us.

1,096 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nitro for Bot apps.

Bots/Apps would have a lot of use for Nitro features, plus it doesn't put any bots at an advantage and there's nothing more there that they could abuse.

A lot of Bot devs would happily pay for a separate subscription for their bots, however currently the only way to do that is break TOS and create a userbot.

88 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Actual stickied posts

I realize that this idea already has been mentioned, but as it's quite a while ago, I'll bump it up again.

The stickied posts as of right now are not ideal, they're hidden, and won't let us get to send an important message to our users without them having to click the little pin next to the member list toggle-button.

We're not fans of tagging with @everyone, and to see the stickied posts as of right now is too complicated. There should be a way to sticky posts so they appear in the top of the channel you stickied it…

169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow custom emotes to be used on every server

The one advantage BTTV emotes have over Discord emotes are the ability to be used anywhere. This can be fixed by allowing every emote to be used anywhere, but also allowing a toggle for each user to block all emotes or just individual ones, and also allowing a server setting to block emotes from an outside server.

1,886 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the emoji to its rightful name, :donut:

As of now, the donut emoji is labelled as "doughnut". I hope I am not alone in my distaste for Discord's spelling of donut.

Please vote to have it changed to its rightful name, :donut:. Thank you.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Purchase Nitro with Google Play

I would happily buy Play Credit just for this.

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Discord Nitro - We Need More Payments Options In All Regions

I think as everyone else here we want more Payment options. Creditcard is fine, but it is so limited. I heard that some countries are limited to payment, so all Region is a must! =)

Having PayPal as priority first is importent as you can have multiple ways of adding funds to your PayPal account, this way many people can have a better experience of paying.

Also I mostly use PayPal and iDeal, please consider of implementing iDeal aswel.

Thanks!

85 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Discord for the Nintendo Switch Console

On march 3rd the Nintendo Switch is coming out!
    It would be cool to have discord for the Switch!

If you agree with me let a vote for this here! :D

78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Suppress @[email protected] option for each text channel

Have an option to suppress @[email protected] for the text channel of your choosing instead of the whole server. There are channels I mute and yet I still get notifications for because @[email protected] is still enabled.

Example: We have a gaming channel so that people can group up and play games together except, I don't game. But I still get pop-ups notifying me that I have a message when instead I get a message from someone who just wants to game. The server is important to me, I cannot just suppress @[email protected] because there are important things I cannot miss. The…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have a permission for being able to DM other members of the server

Just as the title states, you need to have this permission to be able to send people in the server DM's. Basically the opposite of the privacy permission setting that lets you receive DM's from people in the server, just on a server permissions level.

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Role Tag

So let's say you want to play with a some guys on a server, but you don't know where they're from etc, all you gotta do is look next to their name, eh?
    Just like the BOT tag, but way cooler.
    Example: http://i.imgur.com/ONGu0VS.png

Really useful for LFG and so on.

182 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bitcoin as Nitro Payment

Allow people to pay Nitro using cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.

70 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let people choose to disable or autoplay GIF avatars.

Right now, you only see animated GIF avatars if you mouse over the user's post or open their profile. This is great default behavior, not too flashy or intrusive.

However, there are people who don't want to see GIF avatars play at all, and there are people like me who would like them to always be animated. Can you let us choose when GIF avatars are animated?

71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Move text function

Crate a right click function for moderators (or any specified role) that allows them to move a text message posted by another user to a different text channel.

Currently if you want to move someone's text to another channel for organization; you have to ask them to repost or copy paste your self.

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Per server Emoji/Twitch emote sizes?

It's pretty hard to see certain Twitch emotes, would it be possible to have per server Emoji/Twitch emote size settings? Twitch emotes are pretty small and blurry on the "compact" appearance setting on discord

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Microphone mute warning

If you speak when your microphone is muted, a sound should play to warn you. This is my favourite feature in TS3 and I would love to see it in discord.

I have asthma so I cough a lot which means I mute my microphone often so my friends don't have to hear me. Because I toggle mute so often, sometimes I leave it muted by accident and it can take me a long time to realise so I end up speaking for extended periods while muted.

Playing a beep every few seconds when I talk with a muted mic…

296 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sync removal of all roles with the removal of the subscriber role

As a twitch partner you have the ability to make your discord for subs only, but if you want to add any other roles to your subscribers this essentially gives them permanent access to the discord, because if they unsub then they still have a role, and the server only kicks people with no roles,
    This would be extremely useful because you could create roles for @role mentioning people who are interested in, for example, playing games, without having to @everyone or @here.

85 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Nitro Server Service

Enable the unlocking of Nitro for a server, rather than a user. Allowing bigger uploads, animated icons (obviously they would only animate on servers with nitro), all the goodies; but only on that server. Maybe even allow for larger and a whole lot more emoji on such servers?

Optional, have a way for users of the server to subscribe to the features there, donating to the nitro cost for that server.

132 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1,153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

124 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base