Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to require confirmation before mentioning everyone

Users with roles that allow them to mention everyone (specifically those with Administrator permissions) should have the option to have the Discord client ask them if they are sure they want to send any message containing @everyone or @here. Having this feature be optional would allow it to be nonintrusive to those who do not have that worry, while being an effective measure for those in positions of power in larger servers to take to avoid upsetting users with accidental mentions.

The way I envision it is a simple pop-up such as the one that appears when deleting messages.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rules splash page, accesible in server menu

Many servers have a locked channel called #rules or the like for rules; however, this is a very non-ideal solution.

It:

* Inflates channel numbers and annoys users on mobile,

* Creates problems when a coadmin needs to edit the rules - you will either constantly have to repost them or get the owner to edit them,

* Creates issues with readability on both very large and very small displays.

Not only that, but:

* Some users will simply NOT read a rules channel on a join, or they don't notice it for whatever reason.

* You may set the…

3,201 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Roles that allow certain kinds of "spam"

My name is darkedone02 and I am a news spreader, I basically spread the news mostly on gaming related things, I do things such as post news articles on a unique format, known as "Rapid Fire News" that posted tons of links of many game related news on special channels set up for me.

Thanks to discord latest security update, I am unable to do my "Rapid Fire News" format that allow me to spam news link over at the gaming news channels in many discords thanks to the latest security features. Which is kinda sad because some people do…

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Extend Screenshare-Video into Video Channels

I've seen some similar ideas about "Video Channels" but mostly what people seem to talk about is sharing an existing video stream. What I propose, is that we extend the upcoming ScreenShare/Video Chat and create "Video Channels" where *only* the people that have specific permissions can show their screen/webcam, and then only one at a time.

The end result would be something like the Twitch App's "Twitch Chat" which shows the twitch stream + chat beneath it. But in this case, it would be an internal-only, Discord-specific/exclusive stream that could only be watched from inside Discord.

Just like Audio channels,…

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Warning when changing to a name that will change your DiscordTag#0000.

If you try to change your discord username (not server nickname), and someone else with your tag ID already has that name, your DiscordTag#0000 will change. People grow attached to their tag IDs, they become recognized by their tag IDs. There should be a warning for this that says something like:

"Watch Out!
    Someone with your tag ID is already using this name. If you change your name to this, you will recieve a new random DiscordTag#0000. Are you okay with this?

[Yes] [No]"

245 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Recording Option for Voice Chat

It would be a great addon to the program to have a preset recording option for voice chat, just like other applications (Teamspeak for example).

Simply, you start the recording with the click of your mouse and at the end it would be coded in a common audio file (.wav or .mp4 for example) and stored in the folder you have selected.

To identify that someone is recording in the chat it could activate a notification by means of written text or an icon in the user who is recording. Of course this option should be add to the configurable…

1,321 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change the emoji to its rightful name, :donut:

As of now, the donut emoji is labelled as "doughnut". I hope I am not alone in my distaste for Discord's spelling of donut.

Please vote to have it changed to its rightful name, :donut:. Thank you.

77 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More audit log reasons

Right now solely having reasons for bans is a bit lacking. Reasons for kicks and unbans would especially be useful but for all changed a reason couldn't hurt. Why're you changing this channel permission? Why're you creating a new role? Why're you creating a new channel? All could be useful. I suggest at least adding kick and unban reasons and consider reasons for everything else.

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow permissions for users based on having phone number linked

I feel it would be a good idea if server owners/moderators could set users with a registered phone number to have certain permissions, for example. users without registration cannot embed links, or send files. This could increase server security.

71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Nintendo Switch Integration

I would like to be able to go on someone's account and be able to add them on my Nintendo Switch. It should look something like this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/268904426893213696/294950581506801666/unknown.png

83 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Revert settings/user profile ui

The recently introduced UI for user and server settings wastes a tremendous amount of screen space; reverting to the old UI (or at the very least allowing for users to choose between the new/old UI) would be an appreciated change.

Example of wasted screen space:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/181878556043902976/304709306715078657/unknown.png

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Discord Nitro] Make GIF autoplay

So we don't have to move cursor at profile

441 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Larger custom Emoji!

I love the new Emoji, but would it be possible in the future to make it so that the server has control over the size that is larger than what it currently is. Maybe like 64x64, from the default 32x32. This is only because if I were to upload an image as an emoji, it would look really small if it was larger than 32x32.

5,636 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

219 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. UI improvements (see picture)

Hello!
    Here is some my suggestions about improvement of UI:
    1. Make possible to minimize left panel
    2. Put most of the right top corner buttons in one (with *NEW* marker):
    2.1. Members list
    2.2. Server notifications
    2.3. Pinned messages (will be shown in right panel)
    2.3. Mentions (will be shown in right panel)
    2.4. Search (search field and search results will be shown in right panel also)
    2.5. File upload history with option to show only own or all uploads

Here is UI prototype: https://vgy.me/lSuv9R.png

444 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. AFK Auto-Reply Message

Add a feature to use /afk "message" or /brb "message" in a text or private channel to change your status to "Idle" and add an auto-reply message for when users message you. Multiple video games include said feature and with Discord being recognized as a platform for gamers, I think the reason for this being added is self-explanatory.

Thank you.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add the option to password a text channel or voice channel

I've been trying to make private voice and text channels recently but it seems impossible... I'd love to have an option to add passwords on voice channels and text channels on my server.

-COTONETR :)

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The totally useless statistics page

The page discordapp deserves, but not the one it needs

A page on the website where you could see super useless counters updated every minute or so, would have stuff like:

Number of times people have flipped tables

Number of times the :poop: emoji was used

Number of times people have been ratelimited

Number of people who use discord while on the toilet (I'm sure the devs know)

And a lot more

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Get rid of the nsfw- prefix, make it an icon. Also add server-wide NSFW.

Let's face it, the "nsfw-" text channel prefix is annoying. Make it an icon that stays on the right side of the channel name, kinda like that: https://i.imgur.com/69fTqY8.jpg
    That way, the actual channel name is not affected, but the channel is clearly marked as NSFW.

While you're at it, why not have a server-wide NSFW option? So that we wouldn't have to mark all our 15 channels as NSFW.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give the new Search feature permissions

Please add permissions to the search feature so servers (+channels, roles, members) can opt-out.

Many users have expressed that they are not comfortable having their entire message history easily searchable. This also poses a major privacy risk -- for example, malicious users will be able to "dox" (search for and collect personal information) with relative ease.

I'd like to see this added in 2 different ways:
    1. A "Search Message History" permission so it can be disabled for certain roles/channels/members.
    2. A User Setting that globally hides your messages from all search results.

509 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix emojis inside embeds on Android

If you reference an emoji inside an embed, it displays properly on iOS.

On Android it just displays as the string name <:name:id>.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyh_z07XAAA41R1.jpg:large

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base