Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. feedback button

The process of giving feedback is currently a little out there... First went to the actual Discord discord server which directed me to the Discord-feedback server. Ok. The discord feedback server has a nice bot you can use to submit feedback with awesome. Except you have to already log into the feedback.discordapp.com site before that works. This entire system seems like it could be replaced by one of two things. First a simple link directly to this website from the settings page or two add the form submission feature into the client app itself.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Colourblind mode for Roles Colours

Change the colours slightly so people like me who struggle seeing some colours will be able to tell the difference.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fuzzy search emoji

:+1: is too hard to type
    :thumbsup: is too hard to type
    :thumbsu<tab> is too hard to type

Do a fuzzy emoji search so :tup<tab> can complete to :thumbsup:

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. separate scaling

Let us choose exact scaling separately for ie

The text in each place (sidebar, main area, settings pane)
    The sidebar's overall size
    Uploaded images

Letting people put things at sizes they're more comfortable with is something a huge number of non-IRC applications don't give enough options for, which means it'd further cinch discord as a great choice

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better verification

You know server verification has static numbers as More than 5 minutes create account or Must wait 10minutes server I have an idea you can change this numbers (More than X after creating account or Must be on server X timer) I'am sorry for bad english. I live in country when eng. education is bad.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. voice counter

I would like to display a counter on voice channels to easily determine how many players are currently there. Probably just in parenthesis next to the channel name.

For example:

"Scrim Lobby" (9)

I can post a screenshot if needed but I don't think I can in this idea box. Use cases it would be nice for would be organizing games/raids/groups and making sure we have enough people and are ready to go.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Gaps at the beginning and end of messages, a role permission would be good.

When you are writing long rules and you can not send everyting with one message. I want to make a gap at the ending or beginning of it so the rules do have a gap between them. I understand why you have it like that, so if you could add a role permission for that. Thanks if you add this, I think it would be usefule for more then me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get rid of the jokes in the Discord interface

They're not funny, nobody likes them, and they make it impossible to recommend Discord for any kind serious or professional use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Friends Channel

Was just thinking the only thing missing in Discord is a Personal Status Page or Friends Text Channel were one could post general post viewable by all ones friends and they could comment on it, much like other social media site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. LFG SPAMMING FIX!

We can all agree that spamming was the most common issue with the LFG. People got pretty excessive trying to exploit the fact of how much freedom they had.

CORRECTIVE ACTION: Make a chat limit. (ex. if one was to post more than 5 times in a 10 second time frame, he or she would be band from texting in chat for 10-30 min depending on the amount of times you have gotten band. if it was to exceed 3 times you are banned for the day.) this method would also work for people joining and unjoining group calls making…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it so roles are only @able in certain channels

On my server, we have roles that are @ able that pings the people who roleplay that character, but we would like to set it up where those roles are not @ ed outside of the request channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. postpone message

Ability to postpone a message.
    When chatting with a person I usually find myself saying something, before a person continues previous topic, thus messing a conversation, by adding a new topic in parallel to previous, so my buddies usually don't know what to do with it, which one to talk about. That doesn't happen in real life, because when we start saying something, your buddy usually won't start another thing, unless he is a mean guy.
    So, I would like to have opportunity to remove your message for a time, just to post it, when it will be appropriate in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Anti-Brigading tools

For the last several months now a group of neo-nazis on Discord have been occasionally brigading our server, posting either ponogrophy or nazi symbolism. They're often easy to pick out with the standard alt-right avatars, names relating to hitler etc, but sometimes they lie more dormant.

There isn't really any anti-brigading tools at all, and Discord basically ignores abuse reports, and they also actually delete messages so it's impossible to both delete AND report abuse, which is just great (I'll make a separate suggestion for that).

What I would like is to be able to see either what server people…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spotify Like Features for Other Connections

Have connections do more then just provide links like how Spotify has the listening party feature. Some examples would be Youtube and instead of finding a link, just share the videos on your account. Or twitch, just share the stream you are watching instead of links. Or the steam connection so you can trade with others or invite people into your game that arent friends on steam or provide a trade offer for everyone to see and if theyre interested, have them "accept" it to see what they can offer. (sorry if I dont make that much sense)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better time tag color in dark theme

Time tag color is too dark in dark theme. Hard to see it without more light. Solution: a Bit lighter grey font.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. “tree” view for invites

It would help considerably in moderation of servers if Discord had a “tree” view (basically, the ability to see who invited whom, or more specifically, who used whose invite code). As of now, it’s very difficult to discern who is inviting problematic users. This wouldn’t do much for most public servers whose members likely all use the same code, but would be tremendously helpful in managing drama in private servers.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Persistent Notifications on Windows 10

It's a real pain to be notified of new messages on my Windows 10 PC, only to have the notification disappear before I can actually click it or read it. It would be useful to have notifications on Windows 10 work like they do on Android, where the app makes 1 notification in the action center for every channel with unread messages, and those notifications stay in the action center until the user clears them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Changes to Spotifyintegration

I must say, the spotify-integration is super awesome.
    But I would love to see some tweaks with the integration, because for exaple when you start a game as host (or client) or pause the song as host the "listening party is over" :(.
    But else... best voicechat etc. program existing out there with the best team ever!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Voice loopback

I sometimes become paraniod when people don't answer me within voice channels and calls, discord should implement a loopback feature which is toggle-able, which will allow you to hear your own voice input, this will come in handy when ensuring your voice can be heard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove a person from DM group

I'd like to see the ability to remove somebody from a group DM be implemented on the Mobile app.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base