Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Computer Specs

I think it would be cool if on your profile you could set your system specs, with a designated spot for each component (Graphics Card, Processor, RAM, etc.). Along with this it would be cool if you could set how many graphic cards and Drives you have. For example (2x 980tTi, 3x 6TB Hard Drives). All in all I think this would be an amazing feature to have.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Empathy Banana

Something happens when you click on the Almighty Empathy Banana (it peels and summons a broken magnifying glass and the banana split becomes a flower shape that shoots a small beam to the magnifying glass, fixing the magnifying glass.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Channel option to hide messages you are not mentioned in personally or by role

Channel option to only allow users to see messages they sent or messages they are mentioned in, personally, or by role.

This channel option would allow users to mention and privately message roles in a server, such as moderators, without the need to look up and DM moderators individually. Or use a bot in a channel designated for the use of bots without seeing the command spam of other users. Creative use of this option also has great potential.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make text channels tabs, not a panel

Instead wasting a pile of space for an entire panel that's mostly empty, make each text channel a tab, like HexChat does. Ideally it will not try to put the entire name on the tab, but truncate the name to fit more tabs than full names, which Eclipse does pretty well. Sure, default to gargantuan space-wasting panel, but let peeps decided if tabs are better. Naturally they should be able select their edge of preference as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PM

I'm getting tired of sending messages to people that I'm friends with. I want to send messages to anyone who uses Discord, whether they are friends or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. flag

Hello! I had an idea to add flagging to discord. By this, I mean if a user has permission, they should be able to click the three dots on a message and then have a "Flag message" option. (Basically reporting the message to an administrator that has flagging permissions. Then, in the flagging area, the admins can view the flagged messages, click on them to jump to them, and then easily view/delete them if needed. This would especially help for big discord servers which are harder to moderate. This will allow the users to help out the staff team to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Talk to Speech Moderation

Now, I brought it up in a ticket before I was told to go look here. And you know, I REALLY should. This is pretty damn important. I'll paste what I put in the ticket.

Honestly, I was talking about it in a discord chat, and it just occurred to me how much of a problem tts is for moderators and administrators. TTS leaves no evidence behind, so it seems like the troll may have accidentally sent something or had a cat hop on their keyboard. When in fact it was a tts message that scared some people and annoyed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable specific server on certain computers

It would be great if you could disable servers that you joined from displaying content on specific devices. I have some servers I am a member of that like to post NSFW content in channels not marked NSFW. It would be great if I could simply disable those channels on my work computer entirely, but leave them visible on my home computer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to hide certian games from showing

With the Playing... some games will show even if you don't want them to. It would be nice to see a option to hide certain games even if they are verified.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Game Mode

Games like GTA5 with 8GB of ram tend to stutter when background programs are fighting for vital ram space, in particular Discord has high ram usage even when you are not making use of its chat features and the rest, which actually effects many people.

Game Mode is a function other programs like many Antivirus suites have used in order to minimize running resources and memory so that the games have full power. if you're going to continue to desregard memory usage complaints, cannot Discord also add a Game Mode to please the people begging for their memory back?

**What…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ctrl/Cmd click on user to mention.

It would be very helpful if we could hold down Ctrl (CMD if on OSX) and click on a user in chat to just paste their name in the text box to easily mention them!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Audit logs update

Audit log is an amazing feature. But what I've noticed on larger servers is that it's usually filled up with invite creation logs. It would be a great feature if we could filter out specific actions as an addition to filtering to specific actions.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sort/filter online friends by the games they're currently playing

Not sure if it's an option or not but I think it'd be great to be able to see all your friends who are currently in a specific game.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Twitch LIVE status more prominent or visible other then the members list.

It woould be nice if there was marking other then the member list that would show someone is live on twitch. Maybe like a purple dot next to their name as they chat on discord?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Modify Notifications Based on "playing" Status

Simply put, be able to have notifications automatically change based on what app is "Playing" for you at the time. Would allow anyone to automatically set particular game channels for notifications when they are playing that game, etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Functional narrow view

For those of us who would prefer having discord on while we do other things, an improved narrow view would be amazing. I'm thinking maybe just change the layout similar to the mobile app?
    How it works now is that it's just the sidebars taking all of the window space; being able to hide them would be an improvement (https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/10626840-allow-users-to-minimize-the-sidebar) but can potentially be a bit difficult navigating for those people who don't use Ctrl+K on top of the layout not being specially friendly for narrow view even then because of spacing and that stuff.

Thx 4 reading.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow bot to use search API

I'm trying to get the amount of messages a user has sent in a guild, impossible without the search API.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. vkontakte

Russian gaming community is very active on social media website vk.com. In the last few years, vk.com has started to simplify work with their website for external developers, especially API and additional applications.

Indeed, it is hard to acknowledge community members to change their communication channel, even if it is a bad one.

I think the integration with vk.com will bring you more users and also help game developers to be closer to them.

Thank you for reading.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. search phrase

In the search bar, I feel a "Phrase" or "Contains" option would be nice. For example if you remember parts of someones message from a few days ago, and would like to look that message up again, you just type:
    "Contains: Let's play games", and it would lead you to a message that said:
    "Let's play games on Saturday, at 5pm."

Useful feature that could make the search feature a bit more useful, as I find myself needing something like this fairly often :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A heat map showing where all the users are connecting from.

It would honestly just be interesting seeing where everyone is connecting from. I personally live in South Africa and it would be awesome to see how many people we have here using Discord in certain areas.

Also a RSA server would be awesome :P

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base