Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Server List bar - Browse/Home tab, Sorting, Favorites, etc.

The main problem is that scrolling through a super long list of servers to find just one is really tedious and not user friendly.

First idea is to have a sort of Home/landing page that isn't just a default or last-visited server... Sort of like Chrome New Tab, or even something like Skype has. It's a more digestible list [read: grid] of all the servers you're a part of, with their names and maybe their creators/owners below, and perhaps the number of online users. And if there's room on this landing page, maybe a list of your currently online friends…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stuffed Wumpus

Seriously need them to be available for purchase.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. quadrillion

I'll often keep text-to-speech on so I can keep up with conversations while I'm working on other things. However, whenever someone uses a custom emoji, discord reads out the emoji as a long number often starting with some quadrillion, causing it to fall behind while the conversation moves forward. This will often cause the TTS to stop functioning until the browser is restarted.

It'd be nice if custom emoji descriptions, or items in quote-boxes such as code, could be truncated or omitted from being read out over the text-to-speech.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Emojis as iMessage Stamps

Twitch lets you use any unlocked Twitch emotes in iMessage as Stickers. Can you please allow us to use Discord emojis in iMessage as stamps?

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unlimited Pins

The pin limit is 50 I have always enjoyed pinning the best moments on my server, and now I must stop because Discord has a nostalgia limit

267 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Offline Status that isn't Invisible?

When I go offline for the night, I switch to invisible, one of the 4 statuses Discord gives you. Though, I still get notifications, after I'm set to invisible. This can be a problem, specifically for mobile users, who would like a way to turn off the app without exactly logging out. (I actually had no idea how to sign out when I first got it on mobile, so at night I'd get millions of notifications.) It's like Skype's Offline option.

Would be tons easier than trying to scramble to log out and quit Discord, at least, on mobile, anyway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More readable online options

Right now the options are light grey on white. Pretty hard to read. There should be more of a color difference.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please change the default preview-emoji

Please change this thing: http://i.imgur.com/1m9LANm.png

The ":hugging:"-emoji is not suitable as default preview-emoji. It's really bugging me that it's not perfectly round and that it's kind of hard to see clearly when it's grayed out. Please chose a different emoji as the default one, preferably one that is more rounder and more neutral.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove URL if Preview Available

Remove the long website link if there is a preview available, making the interface a bit cleaner. Adding an option to collapse or disable previews on top of this would make organization for people much nicer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alter automoderation on a channel level.

The new proposed automoderation is proposed to be applied on a guild level, applying to all text channels within it. This has particular issues with large guilds, where some channels may benefit from more lax automoderation, but the majority of the other channels would strongly benefit from stricter filtering.

The proposed idea exposes a server wide default automoderation setting, with per-channel overrides, similar to how roles and permissions are managed. This would allow for greater granularity in the level of control moderators have with regards to how automoderation is managed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom Name Colors

In a few of the discord servers I'm in, people like to have a custom color for their name. At the moment we have to have several roles just for colors. So, like how nicknames are, we should have a permission called "Change Name Color" (or similar). This role would give you the ability to change your name color in that server to any hex value.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have invites open directly in Discord app instead of opening a browser then the app.

Have invite links take you directly to the app (if you have it installed) ESPECIALLY if the app is already open, instead of forcing the browser to open and then opening that through the app. It's very inconvenient.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Server enforced push2talk

People who use voice activation are worse than ISIS. They can go use it on another server if they want to use it, but most certainly not on mine.
    Please get rid of these plebs and if you need encouragement for it, servers won't have to deal with as much traffic if you cant hear @уют#6001 eat food

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set message update interval on android/mobile

When im on my Samsung, i get a notification of a message, however when i open the Discord app, the massage is not there and i have to restart the app to have it update. Discord should update right when you open the app instead of several minutes after. Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete all messages when leaving server

When leaving a server, I would like the option to delete all of my posted messages, so there's no trace of me ever being there. Just a way to take back all of the great posts you've made when the server you're leaving doesn't deserve your witty comments you've left behind.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. multitag

@tags requiring multiple roles to successfully tag would be fun!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. notification

Right now, only the nickname, message and channel name appear.
    This isn't very useful if 18 of 22 servers (for example) have a #general channel and you enable notifications in a few of them.

I suggest to add the server's name (and maybe icon?) to the notification.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A way to restrict chat history to only show messages since you joined.

An option or permission to not allow someone to see history from before the time they joined. All history from after the time they joined would be available even if they restarted discord, but any history from before then would not be seen unless they were promoted to a role with access to it.

135 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Button/Hotkey to shush the TTS

You have TTS enabled.
    You open a very active channel that gets 4 messages a second which you look at for more than 5 seconds.
    Even after switching away from said channel, you end up having to listen to the TTS voice drone on as it slowly reads the remaining messages, with no way to make it stop without muting Discord and the voice chat!

With a click of a button or push of a keybind you've set, the TTS voice stops and clears its reading queue (new messages would continue to use the TTS if still enabled), allowing you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Discord Nitro Addition

Discord Nitro.

Another addition added on to discord nitro, could be a mood of how your feeling, a description about yourself or other things. It would replace the area where this text appears: Playing ...

Please consider adding this! :)

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base