Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. See other friend's games

For the desktop version it would be cool too see what games your friends own based on the game's that discord has recognized. That way you could message a friend and say "Hey, want too play this?" and maybe have some fun!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Time out user

Ever had an argument between some users, and you don't want to instantly kick them (I don't know, do they loose their roles then?), or manually removing their roles (and probably don't know which ones they had afterwards?) ?
    Want to give some members the ability to solve arguments, but don't want them to kick or even ban users?

The "Time out" function will solve this:

When clicking right on a user (you need to have a higher role of course), you will be able to select "Time Out". A Popup will apear, and you can select the duration (1…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple Regions in a Server

Well, I'm running an amateur eSports team. And we recently decided to get an NA roster aswell. (We used to be EU only)
    But when they connect to our voicechannels. they have lag (Ofcourse because its hosted on the EU) But then i saw you cannot have multiple regions in one discord server. So maybe its an idea to add a feature in the voicechannels itself to set an additional region next to the default region. I think it would be a good feature.

Greetings,
    Boy "Boykuh" Kemps

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. removing offensive profile pictures from server

I spend some time on quite a few discord servers(and I am an admin on a couple of them), but I find sometimes that some people use gross/offensive profile pictures on the servers, and I don't want to ban them from the server for that. I think that there should be a permission to remove the user's profile picture from being viewed on that server and possibly have a incorporated report button only available to admins if it extremely offensive. This function would make a aspect so small of server administration and moderation that much easier, since it would just…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Administrator permission without manage_server or other various permissions

Allow the administrator permission to be given without manage_server being granted, or allow an option for the server owner to change what administrator grants. I'd like my admins to have access to every channel, however I don't want to have to give them access to manage_server or other sensitive permissions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. logfile

My idea is to integrate a logfile function. So that the text-chat will be written on my hdd. But not as a plain text ! Must be a crypted file wich is only readable with discord. So insults can be uncovered.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have tabs for different text channels so you can view more than one at once.

My friends and I use two different text channels on our server. Both are usually being used at the same time. It'd be really handy to have two "tabs" that occupy the screen so you could see two text channels at once.

Maybe for even two different servers so you don't constantly have to switch between them to keep up with the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Choose mobile screen on load

As far as I can tell, when discord is opened it defaults to the friends screen. Maybe it's just me but this isn't the main thing I use discord for (don't pick on me for not having a lot of added friends). Being able to set discord to open to the server select or last opened channel would be a lot smoother of an experience.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option in Channel Settings to ONLY post images and no text.

Make text channels be unable to type, but can post images.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Friends list sort by status

Sort the list of friends by their status, online being at the top (Maybe make it changeable)

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the ability to make the bot tag invisible

Right now the only way to do this is with a user bot, which is all there basically used for is trolling of this sort. But I want to be able to turn this off for a horror bot I want from a movie to make it more realistic and look like a user bot

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to have different statuses for different servers

Since we now have the option to change our statuses (online, idle, dnd, invisible) it would be great if we could have different statuses in different servers. Appear invisible in one and online in another, without losing the ability to have one overall status of course.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable to force close Discord in Task Manager

It has been found that Discord does not close at all when you try to close it from windows task manager, and some people freak out and will call discord a virus if you can not close a process from the task manager.

I have never had a task not close when using the task manager and this was the first time that i saw this. Please try to program that in if you can... when a computer freezes task manager sometimes is the only thing that can close apps.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Seperating mentions sound from new message

For people like me who have all messages turned on for one of their servers, it's hard to differentiate between a regular message and when someone mentions you. Making this a feature could finally end this troublesome annoyance

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Push Notifications When Someone Is Typing

I'm an impatient person and would love to see when people are responding to my messages without constantly having to unlock my phone and open the app :-) Though I use Discord mainly for one-on-one chats- I can see how this would be unwieldy for the many people who are on several servers!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Additional Punishment Options

Some additional moderation options for easier moderation.

Time Out- Set a time a user is banned, kicked, or cannot send messages, or enter voice chat.

Warning- Can warn a user for an action. Enough warnings = some punishment, can be tracked in user info on a server.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Custom Activity Status

Letting us set our own Activity Status beneath our names rather than "Playing (game)" so we can instead put "Editing, Watching, AFK, Managing" etc etc

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Light Mode or Dark Mode Configurable by Device, not Account

I like Dark Mode on the desktop client, but prefer Light Mode on mobile. Currently, this is an account-wide setting so I can't have it my way. Why not?

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notification Banner

It could be neat if in the same style as "New Messages since X" or the Stream Mode banner where we can added a head pinned message that we cancel when it is nolonger relevant.

For example: "Raid is currently going on."

or "The Guild is currently doing Nithogg".

This would be quite useful for anyone just opening Discord and knowing there is something going on, without having to check pinned messages which often more than not is not used by players.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. a simple voting option

it would be nice if you could send a voting message to everyone in a role. They could select between set options and a tally would be shown in the specified channel

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base