Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show recent comments made by You or Another User

NEW FEATURE: Recent Comments By User#ID

Imagine being at the library and and not being able to remember the book title someone had suggested you read, during a General-Chat discussion that happened a week ago. You pull out your phone and quickly jump on discord to ask them what it was - but they are offline :C how unfortunate.

In this situation or WORSE, you could spend days, hours, or even minutes scrolling through recent conversation, waiting for page after page to be retrieved as you slowly and painstakingly work your way back to the conversation you had at the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Updating messages in background

When mobile app sends you a notification that you received a message it does not auto-update messages in app itself, until it connects to network again - i don't know why.

For example - You can get a message which is displayed on lockscreen and in notifications when near Hotspot or so, and then u cannot read them, because when you open app its not showing messages received until you're connected to network again.

That's pretty much annoying IMO, and it should not wait for network connectivity to display messages in app that i can read in notifications or on…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. separate audio channel for alerts

Concept exists in games with queue pops and such. I want discord's voice to travel through my headphones, but I don't wear my headphones when I'm not directly in comms or playing a game. What I'd like is a way to have alerts like calls and people entering the voice room I'm in to be heard without the primary channel engaged.

I.e; voice and comms comes through my headphones, messages, calls, alerts and other things of that nature would go through my speakers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Slow Internet Adaptation

Here me out guys.

Not everyone is on a fast Internet connection, most of us use a slow but low ping connection to play games.
    Lets say, we are playing a game and you died, and have 30 sec respawn timer. You check a channel on discord
    and some guy posts 10 or more pictures. Even though its a preview it still downloads all that data, and since
    the connection is slow you will have high ping in the game. Please do something about this.

Due to the lack of these feature many people are refusing to use discord

Please…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the hacking issues on discord.

There are a number of people who are able to EASILY, EASILY get into someone's discord account, in the matter of 5 minutes. This also includes accounts 2FA enabled.
    I'm not sure if these people are able to get in with the backup codes somehow. This issue needs to be fixed immediately. The effects of someone getting into a account with admin permissions is devastating.

This is not acceptable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to have chat logs that also show deleted messages or something of that nature.

Maybe some kind of log or maybe something like a option that you can turn on to see deleted messages maybe like a permission?

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 'Minimize All Channels' button/option

Add in either a button or a toggle-able option to minimize all voice channel user lists except the one you're currently in.

In very large servers with users constantly joining and leaving channels (r/Overwatch, much?), the list of channels is always moving up and down as the population of channels changes. Minimizing them all manually is tedious and tricky (since the list is always moving), and it would be much easier if there was an option or button to simply minimize everything in one single swoop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. don't show this

Create a "don't show this window again" for the update notifications. I'm happy to be on the know about new features, but I don't need to know it every single time I log in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. clo

Option to make closing the application work with the X button

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adjustable

Add some basic adjustable overlay settings that can be changed in the user settings menu. At the moment you can only change it from white to black & vice versa but it would be cool if you could select your own colours, upload your own images to use, and modify block sizes of your overlay!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow direct message notifications to be disabled on a per-user basis.

Allow us to disable notifications from particular users (similar to how we can silence notifications from channels)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't silence alarms

I was in a Discord chat with my audio muted one day. When I woke up the next day, I found I was very late for work and couldn't figure out why. The next day, the same thing happened (and I nearly lost my job) and I found out that the Discord app was running in the background, and caused the silenced alarms.

Is there some way to change Discord from using the phone output system to the media output system? That way alarms can actually interrupt Discord, instead of the other way around...

As of now, I'm uninstalling Discord…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microphone's keep randomly cutting off. In the middle of a conversation and the mic will cut out, then play a few seconds later

Audio is poor, mics will cut out and its not just me getting this issue. The mic randomly cuts out and will come back on about 4/5 seconds later meaning we missed what they said. Happens quite a lot every day!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. notify when friends get on

Can we get the ability to have a notification when a friend gets on? We can set the notification for such friends in the friends tab.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It doesn't work!!

I can connect to servers, but can't hear or speak...tried running as administrator etc...seriosly, this app is too much hassle. Teamspeak & Vent work every time, all the time. Give it up!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. League of Legends integration should list region next to username.

In your profile, if you have show League of Legends enabled, next to your LoL name, you should have your region.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. discord logo as emoji

The Discord Logo as an emoji would be nice so I don't have to costume add it in

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Discord sucks up a lot of battery power on my iPhone, almost as much as Pokemon GO! Would love to see the app become more battery friendly!

Discord sucks up a lot of battery power on my iPhone, almost as much as Pokemon GO! Would love to see the app become more battery friendly!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Startup in minimized or in backround option

All in the title, when starting up when windows start their should be an option to start it up in minimized or in background

95 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Message of the day, with video or voice or text

A message of the day you can leave for all, or group members with permissions, to see. It can be voice, video, or just plain text.
    It should stand out, possibly with customizable borders, font color, or font style.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base