Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for open-ended report

As the title suggests, please make it so that when we report a user, we get to explain the report. Right now all you can do is press report on a user's DM which can leave the report to be very vague and unjustified.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to be in a specific role to have another role

can you make it possible to have it so that you need to have a specific role to be in another role?

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make discord resend messages automatically

Sometimes I really get frustrated with my connectivity issues when I have to manually resend every single message I've sent one at a time, especially when they get sent in the wrong order, which happens most of the time. So, whether optional or not, it'd be very neat to have messages get resent automatically (and preferably in order).

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give us the ability to add & instead of - to sections of categories

All I'm asking is to allow people to use spacebar when making sections too, and also allow other stuff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search by message ID in direct messages

When pins run out when talking to someone outside of a channel it'd be nice just to copy a message's ID so that you can use the search for it. If this is an feature already please let me know.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Connect" one discord server you own just like other connections

So the idea is just like how you can connect one of your reddit or twitter accounts, you should be able to connect one discord server you own so you can just easily say "yea the server is on my profile just join".

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. restore down

When I have maximized my Discord window, I'd like the "Maximize / Restore Down" icons to swap between eachother. Currently there's only the maximize icon. My OCD is triggered

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Encourage good moderation

So many servers go to shit because of bad moderation and you can suddenly get banned from your favorite server for something very minor, admins never encourage good moderation they actually discourage it. They have so much confidence in their staff that they leave their decisions unreviewed which is sad and users can be banned easily, it's like a wage gap except the rich are borderline mentally challenged and poor is anyone without kick/ban permission.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. icons next to roles

basically like icons for server groups on teamspeak but on discord

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change default roles

That wiil be nice to be able to edit the default roles. For example to change the color or the name.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. for debian-based linux distros

discord on apt-get when s

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lack of Customization

Window size and lack of customization are abysmal. I cannot shrink the minimized window to less than half my screen horizontally, I cannot resize the direct messages tab, I cannot remove or hide the servers sidebar to make space. Separating the friends list and things with a chat window would probably be asking too much, but I do miss that design.

I'd love it if it weren't so limiting and restricted.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mobile - We need 3 things on mobile

1.) AUDIT LOGS - I administrate for 3 servers and having to ping a mod to check audit logs for something is a bit annoying. I'm busy almost everyday of the week so PC is a luxury nowadays.
    2.) Custom-role colours. Not even a slider or color wheel or anything fancy. Just a way to enter colour hexs.
    3.) The ability to go to the previous mention of you, sometimes I'm asleep and the search function is acts as janky as Clank sounds on a bumpy ride in the wastelands with square wheels, and won't let me go to previous…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Aproval of member after aproval?

So even after i invite my friends(clan related game) we need absolute top privacy and what i wanted to is even if i invite a friend i have to aprove him.I don´t know if something like this exists.if it does please let me know

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Usernames channel"

So I think that the ability to use the @ symbol for a username in a guild in any channel. In a channel that person is in then it will be act as normal. If they are not in the channel them it will provide a reference for the people in the channel but it won't notify the person that is not there.

This feature is particularly useful for moderation as you can just quickly type the name of there person you want to reference and get it right instead of having to do extra work. Or if you are…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make use of custom URI schemes

By having a custom URI scheme, users could create things like Skype's "call buttons".

Say a user has a personal website with links to their profiles on various websites. For Discord, the hyperlink could be something like discord://user/155490847494897664 or discord://user/Julia#7376

Invites could bypass having to open a user's web browser, since the URI scheme would go straight to the Discord program

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Implement Friend List Sorting

Currently in discord, your friends are ordered by alphabetical order. That's all fun and dandy but I feel like it can get messy when you are trying to find a friend and they change their username, PFP, or you miss them a million times cause reasons.

I feel like being able to classify a friend as a "best friend" would allow for easy viewing to the friends you care most about. That way I can take one quick look at my friends list and know that they are online, without having to scroll through my friends list or DM list. …

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move integrated accounts in its order as tiles in Windows 8 and 8.1

Do so that the user can move the integrated applications as he wants. For example: you need to move the YouTube account to the very top so that it immediately catches your eye when viewing the profile, but to have the YouTube account on top, you need, for example, to remove the binding of Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, etc. It is very uncomfortable

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Joining and Leaving sounds

Currently, join and leave sounds can either be completely turned on or off. It's kind of a hassle to have to manually turn it on and off. It'd be great if it was easily accessible --> maybe even available per channel?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base