Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sync activity between signed in devices

It would be nice if I could change the server I am on by using my laptop or phone while talking and streaming on my desktop as to not disturb gameplay. Perhaps a toggle when Streaming mode is activated or something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be allowed to add a bot to Group DMs

There should be an option to add a bot to a group DM. This could help if a few friends would want to listen to music/use commands.

167 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow integration with Uplay/Origin

It would be nice if we will have integration with Uplay and Origin!
    Cause most of my friends in Uplay, but i can't connect it :C

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Download button for pictures

A download button that auto saves as its original format without needing to go to the website, likely at the bottom of the image or in the top right like on Kik.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Banning specific emojis

Ban specific emojis from being used, or limit some emojis to only specified roles.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Show All Users" Popup List (Divided in Pages) on servers with Member Lists That are too Big

It's annoying not being able to see all of the users in a server just because the server has over 100 users. I think it should list offline users up to a certain point, but when it gets too big it then cuts off the list and shows a "show all users" button at the bottom. When you click the button it would open up a popup list that displays the rest of the users, divided up into pages as to not lag. This would prevent servers from lagging while still enabling people to see all of the members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow right-click of message to the right of an image

I would like to be able to add reactions or otherwise interact with a message in the space to the right of an image that is posted. For example, if I right click in this area: http://imgur.com/a/AYazi nothing happens.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Roles Displayed Under Online

Allow roles to be displayed below @everyone. I would mostly use this so that I can hide the bots from the sidebar, because people without a role are more important than displaying bots.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Larger mobile emoji

When using the mobile Discord app, especially on high DPI phones, I find it really hard to see emojis (especially custom ones).
    Increasing the size of emojis or adding an option to toggle bigger emojis on mobile devices would be lovely.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. removal of emoticons

I don't mind most emojis or most emoticons, I really don't want to have my text changing to a silly image without my permission. I've got twitch icons and emoticons etc showing up in my text without my authorization and it's highly annoying. Turning off emojis doesn't fix it.

https://gyazo.com/c322485d975b26be307ec95436907ed9

Example: We get handsome Squidward instead of the word handsome.

https://gyazo.com/e845a4857eb22a250dacf854b362a37d

This stupid emoticon instead of the word Demon

https://gyazo.com/7b7ba377e43009d8baca75f25325f92e

This instead of srsly.

Please make this stop. It's annoying, and unneccessary. I don't need twitch emotes in servers that have NOTHING to do with Twitch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove file metadata on upload.

Please note that this feedback is based on the response from the Discord Twitter account. If this feature is already implemented, maybe you all should inform the holder of aforementioned account.

One of the many reasons I love Discord is it's stance on protecting the users, yet there is one flaw. File metadata. Images specifically. If you aren't aware, location data, camera information, device information, and more are stored in images when you snap a photo. Hence the reason iOS can categorize your photos by location.

Most every site strips this metadata including (but not limited to) Imgur, Facebook, Twitter,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. notification

I am member of a server, and I do not have authorization to view a particular text channel.

When something new is posted there, the server icon tells me that there is a notification. Even the text channel name is highlighted telling me there is something new there.

But when I click on it, it tells me that I am not authorized.

What? If I am not authorized, I should not be notified, yes?

SS

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Advanced "Do Not Disturb" modes

Rightclicking the "Do Not Disturb" (or pressing for longer than a second on mobile) would show a small menu where you can specify the DnD mode:
    - Never disturb me
    - Only disturb for personal mentions
    - Only disturb for personal and role mentions
    Just quickly toggling DnD would use the mode you selected last.
    This would allow to easily silence Discord, except for (what people deem) important matters.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add option to disallow exe attachments

There should be a server setting, or permission that gives us some control over what file types can be attached.
    Then we can allow attachments of cat pictures and harmless things, without worrying about a new person end up being a bot that posts exe files in the hopes of tricking people into clicking it.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adjust the ToS to allow legal NSFW content, leave it up to communities to decide.

There are some gaming communities that allow, and sometimes even center around adult/sexual themes and content, that use Discord to communicate. The ToS should be adjusted to disallow *illegal* sexual/adult content, but otherwise allow content that is perfectly legal.

It should be up to the server admins and communities to decide whether or not they will allow such content to be posted. The ability to mark content as NSFW while uploading, and an option to automatically show or hide NSFW image previews in their user settings would be helpful. The ability to age-restrict text and voice channels would also be…

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Сделать владельца канала способным управлять ролями на его сервере вне зависимости от его роли.

Сделать владельца канала способным управлять ролями на его сервере вне зависимости от его роли.
    На данный момент владелец канала имеющий роль ниже существующей, то выше стоящие роли изменить он не сможет.

English version:
    To make the channel owner is able to manage roles on the server regardless of its role.
    At the moment the owner of the channel has the role of an existing, above-standing of the role change, he can not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Age limits in chats

Some group chats may be wanting to be in an age range, considering sometimes dirty content makes it's way into many children's chat groups, that are purposed for children. Plus, children can make their way into R rated chat groups, and stray from where they should be. Some children used Discord to communicate (my little sister has a friend group, and they even use discord) with their school friends, and then an adult could get in. Age limits/Age range could be something helpful, I think. Then again, it might not be. Either way, i'd be happy to hear you even…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. make discord bots accessible from discord itself

bots should be accessible from discords website instead of going to the developers website to add the bot you want to your server so it is easier to add bots to servers

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. bot sound

Whenever a bot joins or leave, have the option to customize the sound for them leaving/joining in the server settings so that people can know if it is a bot leaving or joining.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pinned messages on mobile?

I don't really know if its in the iOS version of the discord app, but i can't find any icon or sort of notification when i pin a message in my phone. The pinned message are a very good way to say something relevant in the server, and i guess this feature is missing in Android and/or iOS.
    Thanks.

161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While still in the works, full pin messages functionality comparable to the desktop app will be available for both iOS and Android. Hang tight. =]

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base