Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fingerprint integration

As we know the security issues with discord , it would be nice if you can add your fingerprint to your account in order to login and make changes since the fingerprint readers are getting common these days, also maybe NFC could be used in some way.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I think discord should have an in-app browser.

It would be very convenient for those who dont like to have more than a few applications on at once. Also because why not?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make images inline

When linking multiple images, even two, they take up a large amount of space, to which sometimes you cant even see the message that was sent along with them. I suggest making the image embeds inline so they take as little space as possible depending on the width of your Discord window.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. soft mention

A soft mention would act like a normal mention in all regards, except it would not notify the person mentioned.
    this could be useful if you want to link to someone's profile or a user, such as in an info command in a bot, linking to the author, without the author getting a notification every time someone calls the info command

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Require 2FA to leave a server?

I want to be sure that my Discord account is secure enough, that even having to 'leave' a server is restricted to 2FA.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Permission Group

This is same role coloring but permissions
    Let's say you have Member role. Member role can:
    Send Messages
    Read Messages
    And then, you have Muted role on top.
    The role disabled "Send Messages". So even the user has "Member" and "Mute" it can't send messages because of "Muted" is higher.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. lock channels

Hey Discord, I have a feature request/suggestion. From time to time I find myself accidentally moving the channel order and so do my server moderators this seems to happen more on the mobile apps but can occasionally happen on Desktop. The only way to prevent my moderators from accidentally moving channels around is disallowing the Manage Channels permission but it's a permission we rely on. It would be great if you could implement a feature that allows me and other server owners the ability to lock or another way to prevent channels being moved around.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Constantly Disappointed As an Admin...

You guys have literally over thought everything on every front, to the point where I post a gif expecting a gif to start playing, but you have to move the dang mouse over it.

I love discord for the free service it provides, but some interface improvements are greatly desirable. I've seen support questions expressing my exact concerns, but you guys either never get around to it or think it's a bad idea. These are simple things like hypertext linking. It's ridiculous you wouldn't add this already, or possibly have some convoluted idea on how it could be abused by…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. advanced permissions system

advanced permissions system like in TS³

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Name of person in voice channel

Currently when in a voice channel, if someone speaks their icon lights up, but to find out who they are (name) you have to compare the icons against the user list on the other side of the screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Block TTS from reading parts of a message

It would be great if TTS could stop reading spacific parts of a message, i use a bot that relays messages from other platforms, its usual message is -

[Telegram] Bob: hello there

I wish for TTS not to read the [Telegram] part, possibly by surrounding blocked strings with ;; as :: is for emojis but still show normal text message in chat.

Example:

;[Telegram]; Bob;:; hello there

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. emoji

Role based custom emojis. Anyone else think it would be cool to be able to have role based emojis? My wife has Patreon Patrons and I'd like for them to be able to have their own set of emotes (similar to GameWisp's integration), but until Patreon does that, this wold be a cool feature to have to give out to specific roles.

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A variation of the desktop client that doesn't use electron

So currently the discord "desktop" client uses the electron framework (quote un quote desktop at least since it's basically just a web wrapper).

Now while it works there are a few distinct problems with this.

Firstly it can be INCREDIBLY heavy on system resources. When I put together all the resource consumption from all of discords processes in task manager and compare that to the resources skype uses while in use discord manages to use more system resources while IDLING.

This is a big problem, firstly it bogs the rest of the computer down and negatively impacts game performance, secondly…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom DM Background

Allow Nitro users to customise their Direct Messages background. Have preset backgrounds, settings (repeat x, repeat y, repeat x+y, align, etc) and allow users to upload an image.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show how long someone has been a member of a channel when you click their name

In order to better see and interact with new members that don't necessarily automatically introduce themselves, it'd be handy to be able to see in the mini-profile you get for clicking on their name, how long they've been a member of the server.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pc specs displayed in profile

Yeah would just like a way to add my pc specs to my profile Seperate little bubbles like the ones for bnet and steam but for ram, cpu, gfx card, keyboard, mouse, screens, cooling, memory, controllers that kind of stuff. Would also be nice to be able to add as many of those as needed incase someone has two gfx or multiple monitors or whatever

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make discord tags case insensitive when adding as a friend

As it currently is, you need to follow the proper casing for usernames when adding them. It would be easier to add people if they were case insensitive, since when adding someone named TheLostOne#0000 would only have to be typed in as thelostone#0000 or THELOSTONE#0000 or anything inbetween.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change appearances of current vs. non-current server icons

Right now, all server icons show at full opacity & saturation. The currently selected server has a rounded square crop and an adjacent bar, while all other servers have circular crops.

I think that instead, all icons should be uncropped. The active server should show at full opacity & saturation while the other server icons become semi-transparent and greyscale. (Semitransparency should cause a fade effect on both light and dark skins.)

This should not only improve the immediate glance-recognition of which server was currently selected, but also give server owners better control over the appearance of their server icons.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PREVENT BLOCKED USERS FROM HEARING YOU

I don't understand why it's possible to mute someone unsavory on a server, and yet they are able to listen to everything you say completely regardless. This opens up all kinds of potential for harassment and abuse, and renders the blocking function completely useless. They can read your text, hear your voice chat, and you can see when they type also (as a blocked message notification). Can we fix this please?

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Channel Types

More Text Channel Types!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)