Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow one's avatar/server icon to be rotated when choosing it.

There is a glitch where, when choosing a photo for a server icon, it will appear sideways.

See here: https://i.imgur.com/80OU0uB.png

A nice option to fix this issue would be to allow the rotation of the image.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't hide the chat when the connection fails.

Whenever the connection fails, the loading screen appears and the chat is hidden. But what if I was reading something?

What I suggest is to not show the loading screen when the connection fails, but instead, show the chats as they were before.

A quick example would look like this:

https://i.imgur.com/Opb3DpI.png

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable links when swiping

When swiping to open the channels, sometimes a link happened to be where I swiped. The channels menu opens, but so does the link. If you could stop links from opening when you swipe that'd be great.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Log out from discord android should've given warning message first before log out

When I open profile on android, there's rectangular icon that makes me wonder what it do. Surprisingly, it just log out like that without warning. It should be nice if they add warning first before log out.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discord Teams / Twitch Stream Teams

Per a discussion in a community discord, were talking about a group of people that sometimes utilize the same Twitch account...
    Would it be possible in the future to setup team accounts in discord and link everyone to that account, so that the people remain individuals but, they are also associated with a team and you can access either their personal twitch or team twitch through discord?

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. notification voices

Hi developers,

I have a suggestion for you guys.

When we are in any game someone comes up into our channel, room. We can't recognize them until they start to speak.
    So you can add different notification voices to help us to recognize them when they entered the room.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. right click in browser

Allow the right click context menu to appear in the web app as well!
    Gmail can do it, i'm sure you can too!

(having to search for the tiny barely visible cogwheel and finding the one in the right line - lines are not separated after all - and then clicking edit to correct a mistake i made two lines above, is unnecessarily complicated)

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please show download progress on updates.

An idea similar to this was already posted but that was nearly over a year ago and I feel like it is greatly needed
    Show download progress on updates.
    For people with not the best internet, like me, sometimes updates can feel like they take forever to download and sometimes feels like its making no progress at all and its infuriating. It'd be nice to see a simple grey download bar to ease alot of peoples impatience.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. DiscordDeck - TweetDeck for Discord

Recently while using TweetDeck, I thought how nice it would be if there would be a similar thing for Discord: a website (or maybe a separate option/tab in the normal site) where you are able to list and display multiple text channels from different servers, multiple PMs etc.

A few things this would be useful for:
    -moderation across different servers. It would be immensly helpful to see more text-channels at once, instead of having to switch quickly through every single channel in all servers someone mods on.
    -fullscreen gaming with two monitors. When you need to know what happens in…

182 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Input retention; Keeping your typed data between disconnects.

Being a bug tester for several games, helping game devs find issues and providing workarounds and detailed ideas or reports, I type a lot of text often. I also have a bad network connection because of a damaged cable. As a result, when I lose connection, Discord deletes everything I had typed and it really screws with me a lot because of carpal tunnel and all that wasted time detailing and gathering data to send in one single message.

I use the desktop app, which I hear is just a crappy chromium browser rip sorta thing so that I'm actually…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to restrict/ban unclaimed/guest accounts in servers.

When running a server, I had someone who just kept making new guest accounts constantly flooding my server with different copies of his name all over the place,it was exceedingly annoying. I want the ability to restrict people from joining my server without a claimed account. I already set the options to "Medium" for moderation, but it didn't help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Date of posts

Hello ,
    Discord looks a good platform but why are the dates that accompany the individual posts so indistinct and unclear...? could not the text colour be changed slightly perhaps...?.
    Kind regards,
    David.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. temporary role and permissions

You should be able to make temporary roles. So when a person joins through a temporary invite they get the role and these role have their own separate permissions and once the invite expires the person is kicked from the server.

This would be a phenomenal feature for events where you invite a whole bunch of people from other servers.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Another option for Editing and Deleting Categories instead of right clicking.

To help those that can't right click a category to edit the name of it or delete it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. @now

add an @now command that functions like the @here command, but expires after a half hour for unimportant, or time sensitive announcements.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notification alert for when someone sends a message after you do in a server

Sometimes I'll be in a discord with a lot of people so I turn notifications off. It'd be nice if there was an option to receive a notification after someone texts something after you do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Incoming Call pop-up thingy

I would like if the Discord Devs made like a little overlay thing that when someone calls you then you it shows up on the desktop. and not only in the Discord Application. Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Move channel categories between channels

Allow us to move subchannels above pre-existing channels, so that it isn't necessary to move all of the pre-existing ones down under the new categories.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. active holding

Screensharing dosent keep your windows active like skype or youtube videos do... it would be nice to be able to watch someone without having to move the mouse now and then

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base