Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Native Streaming Capability

Being able to provide streaming, built-in to the client.

Not needing to link to twitch or youtube streaming, but instead streaming to the people in your server-only. Perhaps having a streaming channel separate would be nice.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Discord web tree

Hi, everybody, I wonder if it´s possible to get a discord tree to show on a klan web who is connected just watching on web site.

It´s like gametracker or tsviewer.

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search by nickname when adding user to group DM

It would be great if, when adding someone to a group DM, you could autocomplete by any of their nicknames as well.

e.g. I have a friend in one server who goes by Christina, and I only know her by that name. Her actual ID is something much different. Logically, when trying to add her to a group DM I'd try to add @Christina, but it doesn't show up. I know I could look up her ID by clicking on her profile, but if she's always been Christina to me, that name should work. Taking those extra steps seems unintuitive.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Could the "show others what I am doing" option be set to off as default???

Some people prefer privacy as the default and I think it'd be overall better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cosmetic/Display Roles

Now, someone had a similar idea, about "joinable roles" that a user can join that would change your color, but I have a better one.
    Let's say a user has 3 roles. Admin, Veteran, and Default(which is separate from online) Because they're an Admin, that would be the role/color that is displayed, right? My idea is that a user can look at their roles and say, "Although I am an Admin and a Default, I would like to appear under the Veteran tab."

tl;dr
    option to choose from whatever multiple roles you may have and choose the one that your…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Differentiate GIFs and GIFVs

https://gyazo.com/81c76072e9f87fac7bbb98f52f5c6f64

Make GIFVs say "GIFV" instead of "GIF" at the top right

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom "joined the call sounds"

We play some games in full screen or we play with such intensity and we just don't want to bring up the discord window to check who entered the call because for all we know you could be losing in your current game. It would be much fun if the user could select their own notification sound, it could be custom made by the user or discord can offer distinct sounds the user can choose from. So when someone has joined the call you don't have to check the discord window or having to say " hello! ,whoever just joined."

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Info Tab/Side Bar

Above the Members list could be a rectangle button for "Server Information" or "Side Bar"

Clicking it switches the Members list to a side bar like in reddit, where we can have our own written text and links. This would be nice for game communities as an example where we can keep game server IPs or website links in the Info tab along with any other information like upcoming events.

The info tab could turn green whenever edited and members haven't seen new changes until clicked and goes back to the white/grey.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Open mic" option for input mode

I know quite a few people who refuse to use Discord because they much prefer "Open mic" rather than voice activation (Voice activation can, at times, not pick up certain noises).

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More in depth role management

Is it possible to make the role hierarchy branched instead of being linear? What I mean by this is for example I want certain roles to be only be able to manage certain roles that I set for them. Like for example I set up two channels and I make a moderator role for each and a banned role(which would just basically makes people unable to post or read in a channel) for each of them. And I would give the moderators of each channel to be able to promote people to the banned channel roles, but I only want…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mobile option to use enter key to send messages

I'm a huge fan of Telegram and Textra (an Android SMS app). Both of them have an option to use the enter key to send chat messages instead of having to tap the little triangle/send key every time. Those of us with typing and/or dexterity difficulties could use this option. For me, it would be a godsend. Please consider this. It would help out a lot! <3

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search youtube videos via Discord

It would be nice to search, post and play videos with discord. For example if a friend shows you a youtube video and you want to answer with an youtube video but you dont to take the long way of open your browser search for youtube then for the video. Kinda like /giphy but with /youtube maybe ?

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Imgur searching command

have an imgur searcher, like the giphy one.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Be able to delete the pin messages

Be able to delete the messages saying "someone pinned a message to this channel".

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unicode ♥

So, on this server that I'm on it has become kind of the new hot thing to add unicode symbols to your username (and role names) and I have noticed that a lot of unicode symbols just show up as boxes. It would be nice if discord either used a font with support for more of the unicode characters, or at least used a fallback font for those characters that aren't in the standard font.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Toggle Talk Mode

My Mic always has (white) noise so i won't use voice activity mode.
    When i play TF2 (FPS game), my fingers busy on [W], [A], [S], [D], [Shift], [M1], [M2], etc.
    So i modify my in-game PTT key to toggle mode with my custom script for my fingers.
    But i can't do this in Discord.
    I tried finding similar method in keybinds option page, but i couldn't find it.
    i tried using voice activity mode with "Toggle Mute" (@keybinds), but this operation was bad.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Don't connect to other game accounts automatically.

I don't want you scanning my system and connecting to my other accounts without permission. Having to go in and uncheck a box after it's installed is too little too late. I will never recommend this app to anyone on my servers. Invasive piece of shit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maximize Window button

When the discord app is fully maximized, it changes to the maximized icon