Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add The Ability to Enable/Disable Permissions Channel-wide

As new features are added, so are new permissions, which are usually checked. However, sometimes these permissions are not wanted in some channels (and channels only). Giving the ability to disable permissions in a certain channel (eg. Attaching files, using external emojis, using reactions, etc.) would let server admins disable features which may become a problem in one channel or multiple while being fine in another/others.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ability to mute/disallow nicname changes for speific users

So i have this server where some users have changed their handle to what they are know as on certain platforms (i.e psn and xbl) but theres some that use the name change to harras people. this among another incident that happened on a server i dont mod made me think of a way to have certain people prevented from changing names/posting in a channel (usefull for when a mod wants to speak)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a scrollbar to the textbox of the text chat.

Add a scrollbar to the text box of the text chat so we can scroll
    through our huge messages before we send them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the iOS app to the "Share" overlay

When on another app, hitting a share button opens the Share overlay. I can then send the link to Messages, Notes, Slack, Twitter,...

I need Discord in this list!

<3 ;)

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Collapse/Expand text messages

Many messages may be accessible at once, but also collapsed to save room.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GOG Galaxy, Origin, Uplay linking and Overlay support, please

It would be nice if common clients like GOG Galaxy, Origin, Uplay or others could be supported, too

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make "manage messages" and being able to pin messages different server permissions

As of right now in order to allow a member to make pins, you have to give them the permission "manage messages". 'Manage messages' allows a person to delete the messages of other people. Which I don't want other people to have. But I would love for everyone to make a pin message. So I just want the permission to pin a message and manage messages to be different commands.

Also, it would be nice if there was a notification for pinned messages for a server

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring Reddit formatting to discord

Reddit's markdown language is very functional and very useful for embedding links in text, more advanced text formatting such as tables and more. It would be extremely useful to port most of it's features over into Discord to give text chat more features.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. india

Voice servers in India

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Strip EXIF data from uploaded images

Whenever someone uploads a picture taken by a GPS-enabled camera (like every smartphone), the EXIF data needs to be stripped out of it to prevent people from pinpointing their exact location to anyone who knows how to find it.

Please update Discord to automatically strip all EXIF data from uploaded images.

258 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Timestamp for changing nicknames on servers

The Problem sometimes I have is if I join on a Discord server and some funny admin changes my Nickname to something stupid, then you change it back to normal than he edits it back and it goes forever until you or him leaves,

What I would like to have is the ability to have a timestamp like the nickname can only be changed once per day or hour

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change the Twitch Integration to be the AutoCapitalized one

Because it looks ridiculous that all the connections are capitalized, except the Twitch one: http://i.imgur.com/qj6ptWq.png

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. suppress mentions without muting

I want the option to suppress @everyone and @here per-channel without muting the channel, so i can still see the highlight when there is activity (as per my normal settings for notification) but I don't get pinged from a global mention.

This is nice for when I'm actively using Discord and want to see what has changed, but don't need my phone to tell me about stuff when I'm not there.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3D/Binaural voice chat positioning

3D/Binaural voice chat
    It has been mention on reddit before:

"https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/3pw6wp/3d_sound_positioning&quot;

It would be very enjoyable to have Binaural sound/ 3D sound positioning, understanding who's talking in 3+ person voice chats would be considerably improved.

Preferably binaural if CPU permits

Thanks guys,

Hamsters

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. game specific channels

A feature where you will be moved to a channel that is for the game and it can be specified example: you are starting to play league of legends, when discord notices it you will be moved to channel which was specified to be THE league channel.. but hey its just an idea :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve text to speech (/tts) by allowing admins to change the amount of character read out.

If a server is full of /tts trolls, the admins can set the character limit to 0-5 to reduce spam, but if a server embraces it then they can set it to 2000.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. File uploading interface feedback

I would like to mention my feedback regarding uploading files.

Once I upload a file, I would also like to see the actual progress either with percentage or the data that has been uploaded right above the progress bar on the right side. For mobile, I would suggest putting that below.

Now, I would also like to mention some bugs that I have noticed. One bug is the fact that the progress bar on Desktop sometimes it just goes to the end and the speed is shown just like the file was sent in an instant. That might happen when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pictures Sending Without Prompting

I'm afraid of scrolling through my photos to send one, since if I tap one accidentally (or phone registered a tap), that picture sends INSTANTLY. Would love to see a prompt or double tap fix to this on iOS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. HTML In Messages

It would be great with some more customization to text messages. Like BBCode or something, hell, even HTML. Like, sometimes it would be nice to have headers, lists, URL titles, like <a href="#">URL Title</a>.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base