Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable certain applications from showing as 'playing'

Recently a friend gifted me 'Wallpaper Engine', and since its an wallpaper application, it stays open forever pretty much, and discord shows it as a game. Now, I can work around it and rename it to something else or open something else in its place, but it'll always be there.

As a tick marker next to Overlay on Settings > Games would be the best option imo.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Optional Hierarchy Negation

Basically, the option of letting a role target a permission on a higher role or a role of the same level.

For example, staff on our server enjoy giving people funny nicknames, however mods can't target each other or any higher-ranked staff even though those are the people with which they are friendliest and thus would have the most fun.

I do understand a lot of people's need for the hierarchical structure, however the choice to bypass it would be very much appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Direct Message Notifications

Seperate Notifications for Direct Messages.

Currently you can turn off the desktop notifications for all of Discord in your settings, or you can change the settings for a specific server to your liking. But currently there is no way to adjust the notification settings for the Direct Messaging system which instead relies on the 'on/off' switch for the entire client.

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tempmute/Mute for user.

An admin-assignable Mute that can mute or tempmute a user who's breaking server rules, but isn't enough to warrant a ban. As it stands, the most you can do is assign them a "muted" role which can be evaded by leaving and rejoining the server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change "wrong login" error message (privacy)

Attempting to log in with a non-existent e-mail address gives the error message 'Email does not exist'. For privacy reasons it would be nice to change this to something along the lines of 'Wrong email or password', because at the moment it is possible to check whether an e-mail account has been registered with Discord.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Abridged ToS Guidelines section

Personally, I feel there should be some sort of "abridged" variant of the ToS. I know darn well that a lot of the people that use Discord don't want to sit down and read the ToS, so why not have a shortened version that explains what you can and cant do in layman's tems?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. can you allow us to change which channel an invite is in?

i have an invite i posted in a lot of places, however i want to change the channel that invite links to. i don't want to go to all those places and post a new invite link, considering i posted it in quite a lot of places (and other users may have too).

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow image embeds? (for feedback.discordapp.com)

feedback.discordapp.com is an awesome place to post feedback, suggestions, and allow the Discord team to prioritise it all.

However, I feel that this feedback forum would be a much more engaging platform if image embeds were available to use.

Thanks for reading! <3

An embedded picture is worth a thousand words. :thinking:

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change Default Startup Page

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I personally only have a few servers I frequently visit.It's starting to get a bit annoying that I have to switch over to the main server I use every time the app starts up. Instead of defaulting to the friends list let users choose their landing page. Weather its the friends list or one of the thousands of servers that exist; adding this small feature should be fairly simple and a nice feature that user will appreciate.

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Delete calls

We need the choice to delete the voice calls that we make, just like we delete the message sended

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notification for missed messages from friends or selected servers when going online.

Slack has a interesting feature that I would be happy see in discord. The pops-up missed messages when you going online (or reconnected during unstable internet. I understand thas people may have many servers in their list, so i think notifying about personal messages from friends may be enough.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make stroll bar easier to see/add support for end/home buttons

The scroll bar in text chat is really hard to see as it is almost the same color as the app background color (I'm referring to the desktop app for Windows). Also it would be nice if the Home/End buttons on the keyboard worked like they do in a browser and take you to the top/bottom of the text page to quickly go from oldest to newest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We use Discord for World of Tanks for Game / Comms Is it possible to enable Server Admins to prevent Users from Logging in to Server as "Inv

We use Discord for World of Tanks for Game / Comms
    Is it possible to enable Server Admins to prevent Users from Logging in to Server as "Invisible" ?
    We have had a (regular) problem of Users doing things they should not be.
    As Admin I have amended "Roles" and associated capabilities to the current maximum.
    This capability would solve the problem.
    Please advise
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow users to turn off embeds for specific channels

As it says. Some channels contain content that I'd rather not see, but I'd like to be able to see and take part in the discussion in those channels, so just not going in the channels isn't viable for me, and I don't want to turn off *all* image embeds.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change Notification Light Color

I think it would be nice to change the color of the notification light. All of my messaging apps use the green light and my email is blue. Discord is also blue, so I always think I have an email when I get a discord notification xc
    If you feel like getting fancy with it, maybe even let us set different colors for different notification types (private message, mention, etc.)!

Thanks for all the work you guys do, have a great day!^-^

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Incognito

I would love an option that you can enable so every link you click in Discord will be opened in an incognito window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. image size

Adjustable image thumbnails please.

Option to make the uploaded images appear bigger in the chat without clicking them.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pin Channels

Can we please get the option to pin a channel beside its server for easy and fast access. Mainly because I don't use all the channels on a server and my usually just visit one channel often.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please remove friend suggestions as sources of notifications, on both dock/toolbar icons as wells as on the "direct messages" tab.

It is incredibly annoying to have a more or less constant notification blip on my discord app due to trickles of friend suggestions. I don't mind the friend suggestions at all, they are usually useful, but I don't know why I need to be "notified" about them as they are not based on new or imminent information. It is a continual minor source of irritation during my day, that makes me want to quit out of discord unless I am actively using it, which I don't like as a solution because its a great app otherwise.

This is especially relevant…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Store assets locally on the desktop app

I frequently use mobile data/phone signal/whatever during the week - and I also turn my computer on and off which means I have to keep reloading Discord. I've noticed through the developer tools on the desktop app, in particular the network tab, that every single time I start Discord up (i.e no background process) it'll fetch the JS/CSS - even when it hasn't changed!

I propose that the assets are stored locally, and they are only downloaded once an update to them has been pushed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base