Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Proper iPhone X Support

I know the Discord app was recently updated to support the iPhone X, but this was done by adding black bars to the top and bottom of screen (something Apple instructs developers not to do).

Hopefully the iPhone development team can look into this.

From Apple's website: "Don't attempt to hide the device's rounded corners, sensor housing, or indicator for accessing the Home screen by placing black bars at the top and bottom of the screen."

source: https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/overview/iphone-x

221 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nitro Gift Cards

So I was thinking with the recent additions of animated emojis and upgraded screensharing, there should be an easier way for people without credit cards to get Nitro.

This where the gift card system comes in. You see gift cards for things like PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold where you can just pick it up at the store, enter in a code and BAM, you have access to the online services. I was thinking that there could be a similar thing to Nitro where you could get cards for 3 or 12 months or something along those lines.

It…

107 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spotify

First of all, thanks for adding the feature for spotify, but I think it would be nice if my friends could listen as well even when I'm playing games. At the moment you must only have spotify open in order for this new spotify thing to work. Please fix this

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Image Previews to be Minimized/Hidden via a Button

I love image previews. I don't want to turn them off. However, occasionally, someone will post something that isn't technically NSFW, but I want to quickly remove it from view because I don't feel it's appropriate for the current environment I'm using discord in (work, near family, etc.). It makes me unable to return to that channel until the image is gone from view and then I can't scroll to view the chat history without glossing by it again.

There is another suggestion that asks for blurring. While I do like that idea, that might make some images seem even…

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make minimum window size an optional feature.

Ever since the last update (earlier today), discord has now a minimum window size.

However, this minimum window size is way waaay too big for me. I want my window way smaller than that, I like to keep discord opened on my second screen and I only really need to see the last 2~3 messages.
    Right now, discord takes up half of my screen, I don't need or want it to take up that much of the screen.

I can see how it's needed in certain occasions, or how it's handy for a few people. I also know there's been…

1,191 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reset Button for Nitro Tag changer

For the new Nitro Tag picker.

Add a Reset button (Disables nitro randomizing thing if a user no longer wants nitro)

- If orignal tag isn't taken, provide it back to user E.G. Alipoodle#5025 for me.
    - if so, then randomized like previously said.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. role category

See since I've heard that Channel Category has been coming out and now i have seen it in Canary, i was wondering if you guys would do a Role Categories like the channels. It would be useful for a server with a big amount of roles. I haven't thought of how to do like the level of permissions like it is now but i wouldn't be surprised what you, discord devs, think of because you guys are astonishing. You guys never disappoint in what you guys do new to the servers aspect!

632 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Busy Status Indicator

With the different status' available the use of Do Not Disturb seems a little harsh when maybe you are only in the middle of a game or just busy working and may not be able to answer right away but are open to receiving messages. Online shows too much leniency and notification sounds. This is why I believe we should have a "Busy" status indicator that doesn't give notification sounds much like Do Not Disturb but allows other users to know we will get back to them albeit a bit delayed. The color could be Pink or Blue.

1,413 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pop-up when sending a message with an invite link

Anyone who has read Discord's Terms of Service (https://discordapp.com/terms) knows that sending unsolicited marketing messages (like sending invites to random people/servers that haven't asked for them) is not allowed. However, it often seems like a lot of people don't realize that this action breaks the Terms of Service, and continue to spam invites in servers or in other peoples' DMs. This is a huge issue, and any moderator of a large server can tell you how much of an problem 'DM ads' can be.

My proposed solution is that when you attempt to send a message containing an…

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. LFG has the potential to be the best thing to happen to gaming this Decade

LFG was beyond a great experience for me. It helps get teams together with games such as PUBG, Rocket League, Fortnite, and even rekindled my enjoyment for Overwatch. I also met a few new friends that I still play with. I can not speak highly enough of this feature!

A few small notes that would improve it.
    A relist feature: Often when we got together a good group, which happened very frequently, we eventually had someone that had to jump off. Since we were very far down in the list, it was tough to get another member. It would be…

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. <name> is online.

Something similar to skype where you get a notification if your friend comes online. There should also be an option to disable this for certain friends or entirely.

2,760 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Give Mobile Devices "/" commands

Give mobile devices "/" commands such as /giphy

439 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use phone as webcam

Hey everyone! Im sure everyone has one or multiple smartphones, but not everyone has a webcam. I thought it would be really cool if you could use your smartphone camera as a webcam, while using audio input from your pc (headset).

Maybe it could be implemented in the app (or a seperate, lightweight app) that you could stream video and use your pc as audio.

What do you think?

74 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please change the font for Chinese on Windows app

The current Chinese font on Windows app is 宋体 (SimSun), which is the default font for Windows XP. This font is extremely display-unfriendly, and is already abandoned since Windows 7. In Windows 8 it's hardly seen in the system interfaces. The successor is Microsoft Yahei UI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_YaHei). Change the Chinese font to Microsoft Yahei UI, please. It's (tens of thousands of times) better than SimSun.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow muting notifications by role

Oftentimes servers will give everybody a role and then ping that role instead of pinging @.everyone, this allows them to ping everybody even though we have @.everyone and @.here supressed. Alternatively, you could implement a "block all" mode, which blocks all pings, regardless of if they're @.you directly, @.your_role, or @.everyone.

709 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Opion for hide all NSFW channels

In accoumt settings, there should be option called “Hide all NSFW channels from all servers”. So people who would like do not see NSFW channels can choose it.

471 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. LFG video chat

I think a good addition to LFG would be a video call option with it

This was able to be done with a glitch, and it was actually quite fun! In one we even had a Drawing contest!

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add features to LFG

1. Allow users to opt out of LFG

2. If LFG isn't disabled, don't make it the default tab when Discord is opened

3. More feedback when/if a reported group has been acted on.

4. Add Booleans to search bar.

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Audio orientation in game

Add an option to synchronize Audio of your Voice Chat with your game which you are playing.

For exemple, you are in a Minecraft UHC Game. If a player come to you from behind, you can really hear him come from behind if he talks. Also we can hear his voice louder and louder.

Gif exemple from the MumbleLink mod for Minecraft :
    https://goo.gl/XPua7t

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be invisible on one server but online on another.

We can choose on which server we are online but invisible on other. Imagine I am on a server but I want to leave them to devote myself to another server without being told "you were online ... Why not be with us ... Liar" Because yes sometimes I was lying . For having peace on another servers. Thank you !

3,232 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base