Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Black Bar

That new black title bar is so agonizing, that make me feel like if I had less space to see the messages in servers, I would like to back to the previous version!

775 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. lfg

I think LFG is good except one thing. Invite spam. I think either LFG owners can turn on/off link sharing in LFG chats or have links banned in LFG chats as a whole.

139 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ANTI-RAID TIMELINE

Ever been so frustrated that your server was raided?
    The hard work and hours you put into your server?
    just lost....
    Well would if you could reset your discord timeline(server owner only)
    A button that would allow you to go back a day or forward a day(if gone back a day) at a specific time in which resets roles, members, categories, and channels.
    To ensure that the raiders do not win.

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Holidays

You should add public emojis for holidays (You don't have to join a server for these emojis) that people can use for a limited time and maybe even some animated emojis free to use within that holiday. For example easter is comming so a hopping bunny could be an emoji everyone on discord can use that week. (Also maybe add a holiday theme to the layout of discord then, could be fun I guess.)

65 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Nitro Gift Cards

So I was thinking with the recent additions of animated emojis and upgraded screensharing, there should be an easier way for people without credit cards to get Nitro.

This where the gift card system comes in. You see gift cards for things like PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold where you can just pick it up at the store, enter in a code and BAM, you have access to the online services. I was thinking that there could be a similar thing to Nitro where you could get cards for 3 or 12 months or something along those lines.

It…

270 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discord points

Discord should add currency points for those who reported a bug, helped solving a bug and for adding an idea on the feedback site that got more then 1k upvotes. For every of those action you get a certain amount of points and if you get enough of them you can get something free from the discord store or maybe get Nitro, this way you reward the people who are trying to improve discord and who are trying to make discord more safe.

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ban info

make it so, when you are banned from a server it acctually says that instead of **invite expired**

416 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Maintenance mode

Ok, so say you need to do some work to your server and you don't want users online. You enable maintenance mode in the server settings so that only admins can connect. When users click on your server a page pops up saying 'Servername is currently in Maintenance Mode. Estimated time left: ----- ' or something simular?

3,504 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Invited to Banned Servers

I think that when you are banned from a server and you attempt to reenter with an invite, Discord should distinguish an expired/revoked/out of uses invite with an unusable invite due to ban. Maybe display a message saying you are banned.

114 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Right-Click on Messages->Report = Notify Mods/Admins (* Role) on server

Basically should be a simple way to report messages instead of having to @mention moderators in each channel that may be compromised.

So, this came about when a user spammed a bunch of channels, well, I @moderators every channel that was corrupted. So that was about 5-6 mentions. When it could just be easier to just right click on message and report them to the right roles.

And/or have some sort of Message Report log, for admins to look at. And they can then delete, edit or warn that message poster all in one interface quickly, instead of jumping to…

1,205 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom Welcoming Messages

I would really love Custom Welcoming Messages... I even made spent 30 minutes+ in photoshop making a concept... here is the concept https://i.imgur.com/DF51lfI.png .. I really think this would be a great feature!

1,084 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. look at discord with the view of a particular role

hi, what about a feature like (sorry for saying that) facebook, where u can look at discord with the view a particular role has?
    i was restructuring my server and thankfully used the new feature with categorys. so know i have different categorys for different games an did some roles with permission for this categorys.... the idea is @everyone only sees the standart channels and if u get a specigic role u see the category, can join it and write in the channel, because u have the role u need for...

as an admin i see all channels with a…

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase the friend size limit please

I use Discord for personal and business and would not like to have to sever ties with people I've talked to in the past to make room for new friends and partners lol

Any chance Discord will increase the limit or no?

Sorry and thank you.

65 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow only specific roles to private message you

Currently there are very little options to controlling sending of private messages. You can either block all private messages from non-friends OR block all private messages outside specific servers, but there are no way to control this very accurately.

A lot of servers seem to categorize people based on some sort of a "honorary" system where either you get ranks based on your activity, or ranks based on your Patreon / Twitch subscriber status, it would be really useful to be able to control what ranks can send you messages and which ones can.

In addition to making larger servers…

98 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Deleting the server should have a timeout.

Even with all the Diskord security modes in your account, I still believe there are ways to lose an account (Hacker).

To avoid losing (Hacker) the account and not having your server excluded because of these intruders, I believe you should have a cooldown of 10 days to have your server permanently deleted.

Unfortunately I do not have server security being deleted with only password.

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Invite logs

In server settings > invites;

we can view the invite code together with basic information such as who created it, amount of uses remaining, and when it’s set to expire.
    However, we don't have the option to view which users joined from that invite link.
    This option would be beneficial to server owners and administrators to prevent possible raids and attacks on the server.

246 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. moderation tools on mobile

It would be great to have the ease of viewing audit log, changing nick names by clicking the name, easily change roles by clicking, and many other moderation features that are not allowed or are hard to do on mobile would be great to add to the mobile app. Any others please comment and ill edit this post to add them to the list.

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cross Channel Communication

Good Day!

New feature suggestions - cross channel communications like in Mumble.

What is Cross Channel Communication? Ex: some specific users with special permissions (could be a tag like "Squad Leader") can say something using a hotkey such as an important message and all other voice channels can hear it.

This is a very useful feature in MMOs games, especially for larger guilds and alliances with multiple voice channels! This makes for great communication and team work.

Currently a lot of us are force to use other communication apps like mumble and TS for this feature. It would be awesome…

622 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Spotify Auto Pause

Spotify auto pauses after 30 sec of mic activation, even if you are just solo listening. I love the spotify integration, just need an option to turn off the auto pause. Also thanks for improving the fortnite server more :)

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make a distinct difference between i and l

There is no difference between a capital i and a lower case l.

For those of us who do trading regular on Discord, this is important and our names are being impostered.

My discord name is Chloe and someone is able to have the same numbers + look like they are Chloe also with a capital i as they look exactly the same.

To some this may not seem important, but to those of us in the trading world who use discord regularly for it, it's extremely important. Please considering updating your uppercase i to not look like a lowercase…

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base