Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Video Calling Quality Settings

I like to see quailty settings for discord with video calling and screen-sharing. What I'm suggesting is that discord should add some quality settings for video calling and screen-sharing as bandwidth can be a problem for people with bad internet or good internet. With so much bandwidth going in between people from up to down, it can cost a lot for people, data or not. So I suggest with image - Quality settings for video calling

Image example - http://imgur.com/a/Y9rly

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More focusing!

After playing with video call / screensharing for a little while, I've decided I love it a lot, but the one thing I can think that would make it even better would be the option to put focus on more than one user at a time. Perhaps shift clicking users that you'd like to add to the big screen? I miss the ability to have multiple users focused at once so I can see everyone's reactions to my cat gifs at once.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitch Affiliate Discord Integration

Twitch has rolled out sub buttons for their Affiliate program. It would be awesome if Affiliates could link their Discord servers to their Twitch accounts to be able to use sub-only features and sync emotes.

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/212112068-Twitch-Integration-FAQ

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change PTB's icon color

Currently PTB and Stable share the same icon color and it can get confusing once you have both open. If you change PTB's color like Canary's youll be able to identify which is which just by their color.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Birthday specials!

Birthdays are good. Peoples celebrate them.
    How about at our birthday dates we have a birthday cake emote beside of our username ?
    Maybe badge too for this day.
    NOTE: Birthdays only can set once and verify by email.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. NSFW icon instead of changing name of text channels

Put a [NSFW] icon thing before nsfw text channels similar to the [BOT] tag after bot's names, rather than changing the name of a text channel to have nsfw- prefixed before it. Or, alternatively, if the [NSFW] tag wouldn't fit before, put it at end after the name, but cutting off the name of the channel if the text channel is too long.

The reasoning I am personally suggesting this, is because I have a bunch of text channels as we all do in our servers, and I have them somewhat sorted to my liking. I have 3 art channels,…

208 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Permanently deleting your account With all messages too.

So the account goes inactive if you don't use it, correct? You can always re-activate it however. Now permanently deleting it, you won't ever have access to it ever again, all they do is re-name you. Like... bruh, I would have left my other account in inactive OR simply change the email.

They don't provide much for deleting an account, and it's not the case for group chats that deletes the audit log deletes the messages in 90 days.

Permanently deleting the account has no benefits,
    why do I seem pissed? I have too many exes, and I want them…

147 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Discord ToS Moderation Bots

When you have a large server of over a few thousand, the moderation bots come in handy with deleting banned words, logging kick/ban actions, and allowing the admins to have functionality within. The current ToS changes seem like they want to remove this function and frankly it will make moderating servers extremely difficult. My mod staff in particular is small for a server of 8k + because we have the bot. I'd hate to lose the bot and have to find more people to moderate it. Please take the time to consider this. Thanks!

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Move everyone from a voice channel to another voice channel

It would be nice if you be able to move everyone from a voice channel to another voice channel than moving one by one

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Randomly rolled-out features" for Nitro Users

Very simple idea:
    Sometimes, Discord adds some new stuff, but only for randomly selected accounts, and slowly adds more and more people until everyone has that feature (like the new report-button or the search-function for example). This is in itself a good way for Discord to make sure that bugs or else dont happen to everyone at once, but can also be quite frustrating when people that use Discord only very little get a feature that people who use Discord on a daily basis and actively support Discord dont get.
    The random-roll out could still happen, but maybe make it…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Impliment further twitch sub/role integration

Have discord recognise and auto-assign roles dependant on how many months someone has been subbed to the channel on Twitch. Allowing custom roles for 3m/6m/12m etc or even customisable roles for "X" months would be a great feature!

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Extend Screenshare-Video into Video Channels

I've seen some similar ideas about "Video Channels" but mostly what people seem to talk about is sharing an existing video stream. What I propose, is that we extend the upcoming ScreenShare/Video Chat and create "Video Channels" where *only* the people that have specific permissions can show their screen/webcam, and then only one at a time.

The end result would be something like the Twitch App's "Twitch Chat" which shows the twitch stream + chat beneath it. But in this case, it would be an internal-only, Discord-specific/exclusive stream that could only be watched from inside Discord.

Just like Audio channels,…

110 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Profile Connections: Github, Bitbucket etc

I would love to e able to add Github, Bitbucket etc to my profile connections :)

512 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Downloading audit logs

To have the ability to download audit logs as a PDF or some other format for admins on servers to keep hold of important information after the 90 days are up.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Select default channel yourself

With the new changes to the Discord default channel it will lead many servers to have their rules or FAQ channel as the default channel. Ok that's great. For the first use, once read though when just going into the server you don't want to see that all the time. That is where this suggestion comes into play, the idea is you can right click a channel and set that as YOUR default channel meaning when you go to the server next you'll see that one. That would be great to just jump right into the conversion about Overwatch, CSGO…

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Discord TOS

Please consider reverting the TOS so that bots like Dyno, Mee6, and more can function without violating the new terms.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. sarcasm font

An additional markdown to denote that a message is sarcastic. For example a section could be surrounded in dual question marks.
    ??Good game guys??
    That portion of the message would then be printed in comic sans.
    This would allow for much clearer communication of sarcasm over the written medium and reduce miscommunication. Similar to the way twitch uses kappa to denote sarcasm this would give discord a bit of it's own language that does not translate poorly to the outside world.

1,938 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Attaching interactive message buttons

How neat would it be if your bot could just show a few options with buttons to a user?

Well gather around people of the 21st century, we need to have this!

Take a sneak peek at what slack is doing with their bots:
    https://api.slack.com/docs/message-buttons

Now I know you want the same! Inline chat games, better bot interactions, votes, command confirmations...

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Upload/Download Throttle

Many users with low bandwidth are often ruined by discord's auto-updating features, because it takes all of the bandwidth available -from all applications, no matter what. Being able to throttle upload/download speed that discord can use would allow them to use their internet while images are being uploaded or discord is trying to update.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Selecting from Role Colors

Rather than allowing people to choose their own colors from anything, allow them to choose the color they want from all of the roles they have.

Example: Somebody has a Blue Role, a Red Role, and a Green Role, and the Red one is at the very top. However, if someone has the Red and Green role, but want to be Green. Give them a setting that lets them choose between Red and Green.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base