Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding a option for the titlebar

A lot of people love the titlebar and the maximize, minimize buttons on it. But for the people who don't it'd be amazing if their was a option to have a certain size of minimize and maximize buttons or to disable the whole thing, also for the people who use light theme, it'd be a lot better if it switched too a white ish color, then with dark theme keep the black.

75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Solution to 2500+ member mobile push notification limit

Currently discord disables mobile push notifications once a server reaches 2500+ members. Only mentions and tags create notifications beyond that point.

Please raise this limit to 5000+ members.

A better solution would be to add an option for a premium server that would remove this limit. Users that manage servers of this size typically wouldn't mind paying a reasonable fee to preserve mobile push notifications.

256 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Message deleting

Whatever conversations you may be having, every one of us has come to the moment where we wish we could delete messages. Not one by one, but in mass. Not only your messages but the other person's too. Most messaging apps have this feature and I think it would be one that is beneficial to add for users. Currently the only way to get rid of messages is to block someone which is a pain.

Give a warning that the messages won't be able to be recovered and you're set.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow bots to register / (slash) commands that a user can use

On join to a guild, commands that have been registered to the bot in the developer app section of the website should show up to the user in the / (slash) menu.

These commands, when used, will send a new websocket event to the bot with the arguments and the bot can decide whether to post a private response (only seen by the user, like Clyde's messages), a public response to the channel, or do some other internal action to the bot (like play a song if you are a music bot).

118 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the Offline list on sidebar when a server has 100+ members

Or, otherwise put, don't make it disappear when reaching 100+ members.

For me, an admin in three servers, a mod in a few others and a member of various Discord servers, losing this list is just dumb and annoying, and it doesn't affect performance at all for me. (see the last paragraph for me elaborating on this)

Make the function toggle-able or lose it. I want to be able to see offline members in Indie Game Utopia (main server I am admin'ing in.) and others to see it as well, in a server that's made for small indies to talk…

1,359 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

154 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bot Owner Programme

As everyone knows that there is a programme called Discord Partners in which a socially famous person or a famous community can get some sort of benefits for using Discord, tho they spend all their time on a different platform and get rewarded on Discord. While the Bot Owners who spend hours-and-hours of work to create something unique in the platform but they do not get any rewards for it, they spend a lot of money as well just for the hosting and try their best to make the platform fun and safe but still don't get rewarded for it.…

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Discord Home screen

So, i was thinking to add a home screen, as you know whenever you cold start discord it automatically brings you to your friends list. I was thinking, add a nice home screen that shows the time, date your status and you recent mentions / DMS also shows you most recent servers that when you click it takes you there. Also there could be an option to change the color/ turn it off.

246 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Be able to set the default channel.

You should be able to change what the default channel is set to without deleting the original one. Even after deleting the original, you still can't set it. It always defaults to the channel on the top.

Additionally, after deleting the original default channel, tapping on a server icon on mobile selects it but displays your friend list where the messages would normally be, which I think is a bit of an issue. You have to manually tap a channel to get it to display that channel's messages, when it should automatically choose the set default channel for you.

From…

126 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rich Prensence

All users who bought Discord Nitro can set their rich presnce photo with a custom gif/photo

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Emoji Selector for iOS

Like the one on Android

94 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make an actual rules page

every server I'm in has a rule channel so I was thinking you should make like a tab above the top channel and you can have a rules page I don't know how to do any of that inspect element stuff so I cant include a picture but I just randomly came up with the idea so please yeah

138 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom Profiles

Since the last update Discord, we can see all the badges on the profiles but why not go further? It would be great if we could change our profiles as we wanted with a little description, new badges to get by seniority and why not put this profile in color?
    Surprise us Discord!

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Arabic

Hello Discord Team, Can you make discord support Arabic Alphabet in text channels names and voice channels names ? that would be great and a lot of Arabic ppl will join discord.

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Audit logs to show Pins and Unpins

Audit logs will show if someone pins a message or unpins a message such as:

"{USER} unpinned a message"

and then you can click on it to jump to that message, or:

"{USER} pinned a message"

and you can click on that also to jump to that message.

198 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View users who have added reactions to a message

Add the ability to show who adds user reactions to the user posts for the iOS app. This feature is already present in the Android and desktop app, and it would be fantastic to have this ability in the iOS app as well!

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Roles changed to tree diagram

1) Google images for tree diagram.

2) Change the current Role/permission ladder to the tree diagram

Why: Allows for better granting of permissions and leadership assigning. Can also be made to look more graphically intuitive and pleasing to look at.

Main point: one branch should not be able to affect the other branches permission wise, because they are different branches, they have nothing to do with each other, so separate them. The ladder system doesn't allow that.

127 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Respect Windows 10's Quiet Hours Setting

Windows has this nice "Quiet hours" setting that's easy to get to from the notification center, it's the same idea as Android's "do not disturb" mode.

Unfortunately, Discord does not respect this setting and still makes noises at you when you get messages (notifications are hidden though).

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Linux distributions to control update flow

Currently the desktop app will forcibly prevent itself from working if it detects a new update. In Solus we distribute Discord as a package (thank you for allowing us to do so :)) - however we're hitting a bit of an issue.

Solus syncs every Friday to the stable repository, meaning that today's update will not usually be available until Friday. Unfortunately the desktop app will now disable itself from working and users would be without Discord access for another 3 days.

We can kinda alleviate that in Solus, however everything is built for unstable, meaning right now Discord depends…

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keybinds for Video Calls

How about some Keybinds for:
    - Turn camera on/off
    - Turn screenshare on/off
    - Switch from camera to screenshare
    - Instant share screen 1 (or 2,3,..)

216 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove automatically joining voice chat

Well it's kind of self explanatory. When you create a new server, you are automatically put into the general voice chat. This is honestly kind of dumb and very annoying. I mean if you just created the server it's not like there will be anyone else there to chat. It is annoying to have to go and click disconnect (especially annoying on mobile). This would also cause problems if someone is multitasking and creates a server while in a voice chat as they will be booted out of their voice chat. The simple solution to all this is to just…

239 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base