Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revert Server Changes

I help coordinate a community leadership guild on Discord. A worrying trend I've been seeing is our admins having their servers vandalized or destroyed. 2FA helps protect against unwanted account access but sometimes an admin or mod will go rogue and wreck things.

It would greatly help us all if owners could revert server activity/changes by certain intervals (perhaps by 5 minutes all the way to 24 hours). It is far too easy for us to lose countless hours of valuable discussion and information if an admin turns on us.

1,132 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a permission for being able to DM other members of the server

Just as the title states, you need to have this permission to be able to send people in the server DM's. Basically the opposite of the privacy permission setting that lets you receive DM's from people in the server, just on a server permissions level.

113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sorting servers by Groups

I'm currently on 60+ different servers, and it's already hard to find the one i need to enter.
    What i'm saying is to create a Show/Hide +sorting groups by the name we give:
    EX:
    E-Sports
    Achievement Hunting
    Speedrunning
    Streaming Team
    Friends
    Work
    All these created by us,to organize servers and hide/show whenever is needed

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Game not showing

For people who have (legitimate, not against the rules) selfbots, it would be nice to be able to see the game we set for ourselves. My bot has a //setgame command, but the game only shows for other people. Is it possible to fix this?

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow custom emotes to be used on every server

The one advantage BTTV emotes have over Discord emotes are the ability to be used anywhere. This can be fixed by allowing every emote to be used anywhere, but also allowing a toggle for each user to block all emotes or just individual ones, and also allowing a server setting to block emotes from an outside server.

1,906 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the option to password a text channel or voice channel

I've been trying to make private voice and text channels recently but it seems impossible... I'd love to have an option to add passwords on voice channels and text channels on my server.

-COTONETR :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Discord for the Nintendo Switch Console

On march 3rd the Nintendo Switch is coming out!
    It would be cool to have discord for the Switch!

If you agree with me let a vote for this here! :D

90 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Minimizable Embeds

Embeds should be minimizable, with an option to have them minimized or open by default. A perfect example would be the way reddit does it, shown here. https://i.imgur.com/dkYk4si.gifv

Embeds can sometimes take up a lot of screen real estate, and it would be nice to be able to decide whether I want to look at an image or video someone posted.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mobile Developer Mode

There is a thing called "Developer Mode" on the desktop version of discord which allows users to right click on a user or a channel and get that entity's numerical ID. This feature is not available on Mobile and I think it can be a very useful tool for developers who need to tweak something on the go.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add computational logic to mentioning user tags (e.g. @here+red or @here-red)

It would be great to ad logic to user mentions with tags. Lets say I want to mention all users tagged with liking cars and vans because I've thought up a wicked cool van hybrid, but I don't want to annoy people who just like cars or who just like vans. So I mention them like @[email protected] and only users who have both tags get mentioned.

This could be expanded with just a "-" most likely, don't want to make it too complicated. E.g. @[email protected] .

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. List all or recent failed and scussesful login attempts to your account.

Knowing when somebody is trying to get in your account and how sucssesful they are is essential for protecting yourself against unauthoized breaches and ability to do this would greatly help those who care about their account security.

Skype has something similar, so why not Discord?

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Role Tag

So let's say you want to play with a some guys on a server, but you don't know where they're from etc, all you gotta do is look next to their name, eh?
    Just like the BOT tag, but way cooler.
    Example: http://i.imgur.com/ONGu0VS.png

Really useful for LFG and so on.

203 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bot override for "Recieve DMs from other server members"

This would be an **extremely** useful tooltip for server owners and bot owners as a lot of bots have to DM their users at one point in time. Mostly sending level up messages, help messages, and etc. It is possible to just spam it all in the channel but some server owners don't want that (custom bots), such as me. Owning yara, I don't want the bots to send images or messages in chat with responses to commands like a help command or a level up command, or some command that spams information that is only useful to that user.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Let people choose to disable or autoplay GIF avatars.

Right now, you only see animated GIF avatars if you mouse over the user's post or open their profile. This is great default behavior, not too flashy or intrusive.

However, there are people who don't want to see GIF avatars play at all, and there are people like me who would like them to always be animated. Can you let us choose when GIF avatars are animated?

86 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spell Check

Spell Check. How has it been a top requested item for years and not addressed? It has more votes than the other items in "Hot Ideas" yet it is not even listed there, likely because it's so old. You are really dropping the ball here Discord!

Main topic that years old and not even showing in "Hot ideas" even though it has over 3200 votes: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/10573512-spell-check-for-text-chat?page=1&per_page=20

129 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show "Discord" in the Google Analytics source

When I look in my Google Analytics control panel, I can't see whether any of my users are coming from discord, so this would be useful to know whether people are actually clicking my links in discord by checking my GA.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Voice Channel Lists

This allows people with the permission to move voice channels, to make 'channel groups' , channel groups are a few voice channels under one name, like an expandable list. This allows a server which has for example like these voice chats in a row:

-Party Chat 1
    -Party Chat 2
    -Party Chat 3

To group these chats, which will make it look like:

>Party Chat

(the name of the list, currently 'party chat', can be customized)

And it can be clicked on, which makes it expand:

Party Chat
    - Party Chat 1
    - Party Chat 2
    - Party Chat 3

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Full Android N Multitasking support?

Now that Android has had split screen and floating window support for a while, are there any plans to allow the chat to update with another app in focus? If I have Discord on one side and a Youtube video on the other, I can focus on Discord and the Youtube video will continue uninterrupted, but as soon as I start interacting with youtube or whatever other app is on the side, Discord stops updating all the chats until I tap on it again.
    Is there any plan to support this functionality, or is it even possible?
    This apparently works…

52 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microphone mute warning

If you speak when your microphone is muted, a sound should play to warn you. This is my favourite feature in TS3 and I would love to see it in discord.

I have asthma so I cough a lot which means I mute my microphone often so my friends don't have to hear me. Because I toggle mute so often, sometimes I leave it muted by accident and it can take me a long time to realise so I end up speaking for extended periods while muted.

Playing a beep every few seconds when I talk with a muted mic…

317 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base