Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Handwrite/Drawing Integration for Messages

A feature made popular by contemporary messengers. It would be another communication feature for users to employ much like the Emoji panel.

It would either be integrated into the message panel, much like the Emoji panel or /Gif, or displays an independent panel which basic tools for illustrating quick ideas. It responds to general input devices such as the touchpad, mouse, or capacitive touch (mobile) along with support for active styluses and graphic tablets.

General limitations would be reasonable such as size restrictions to keep the flow of chats healthy in busy servers which could be managed by server administrators…

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow muting notifications by role

Oftentimes servers will give everybody a role and then ping that role instead of pinging @.everyone, this allows them to ping everybody even though we have @.everyone and @.here supressed. Alternatively, you could implement a "block all" mode, which blocks all pings, regardless of if they're @.you directly, @.your_role, or @.everyone.

98 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Streaming Status For YouTube Gaming Streamers

You should add a streaming status for YouTube Gaming users. We feel left out too and twitch isn't the only streaming platform!

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. secret roles

It would be useful if server admins could create secret roles which can't be seen by regular users. For example, it would allow the moderator of a game of Werewolf to give the werewolves permission to talk in a private channel without giving away the werewolves' identities to the remaining players.

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Low data usage mode for mobile

Please add a "low data usage mode" I have very little cellular data and Discord uses up a crap ton of my data. I realize that this isn't really in your control but I think it would be possible to make it take less data.
    Low data usage mode could possibly do these things to help use less data (I don't know if these would help because I know virtually nothing about those kind of things but from what I do know I think these could help):
    1. Only show 20 - 50 members in the user list on the…

113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow bots to register / (slash) commands that a user can use

On join to a guild, commands that have been registered to the bot in the developer app section of the website should show up to the user in the / (slash) menu.

These commands, when used, will send a new websocket event to the bot with the arguments and the bot can decide whether to post a private response (only seen by the user, like Clyde's messages), a public response to the channel, or do some other internal action to the bot (like play a song if you are a music bot).

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audit log if messages are deleted

I agree with the stance it's the user's right to delete their message and have it be deleted, I think it should be logged that a message was in fact deleted, in what channel, by who, and who's message. With reasons. This would allow you to see if a mod is deleting tons of messages for no reason quietly, or if you swear you saw something suspicious and you think it got deleted, you can check that. No message content needed.

1,113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Clone Channel Categories

Text and Voice Channels can be cloned, which makes channel setup easier (especially permissions). Channel Categories cannot currently be cloned. If users had the ablilty to clone Channel Categories it would make permission setup EVEN better than what it currently is. A given user may want the permissions for one Category to be exactly the same as another. This feature would not only be practical but also a time saver.

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Theme Colors

Please make an option to add custom themes to Discord without BetterDiscord!

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add new accounts to the "Connections" page

Some services I suggest adding:
    Xbox Live
    Origin
    PSN
    osu!
    Minecraft
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Facebook Messenger
    Mixer

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow up to 40 users to view Screenshare for Developers or large corporations

Allow up to 40 users to view Screenshare for Developers or large corporations.

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make an actual rules page

every server I'm in has a rule channel so I was thinking you should make like a tab above the top channel and you can have a rules page I don't know how to do any of that inspect element stuff so I cant include a picture but I just randomly came up with the idea so please yeah

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Polls using reactions

I think that there should be a permission to set a certain group of reactions for your chat. This could be useful for polls, so let's say I want to make a poll, I limit the reactions to :thumbsup: and :thumbsdown:. Then, people can only use them to vote.

Thanks.

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Replaceable components for Embeds (Localized Times)

Lots of bots include timestamps with specific commands.

For example, I write a bot that posts notifications from a game's in-game alert system. Obviously we could all just use UTC and figure it out, but at 2am when you and your buddies are deprived of sleep, you don't want to think.

As a provider of data to an international community, being able to provide the date in a format in the strings (determined by Discord) such that it would appear as that local time for anyone viewing it would make my life and thousands of people's lives better, as well…

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Upon leaving server feedback

Please add a prompt to give server owners feedback upon leaving a server!

I think you could give server owners good insight into why it is people are leaving their communities!

As a community owner I would love to know why my members are deciding to leave the server!
    Add premade options like
    "Too overcrowded"
    "Too inactive"
    "Not covering my interests"
    "Its boring"
    Etc.
    And of course, a "Other" and a field so they could type out their reason for leaving.

You could add a menu next to the audit log (or within it?) for staff to also be able…

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. (Client-side) Pin Collapsed Channels

With the new channel categories update, it would be great if we could pin channels client-side so they're always shown, even if the rest of the category is collapsed.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Making your own status

You should be able to make your own status
    There are for example 'playing Overwatch'
    but if you could make your own ones you could for example have the status
    'playing with wumpus' or 'watching anime'

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cams in a video call should be like Skype

One of my Discord friends was one of the lucky few who can now use video calls. Up to now everything works just fine but cams should work like they do in Skype.
    Now you're just able to have one cam large and the other ones are tiny at the bottom or Discord is constantly switching between the cams which is irritating.
    So my suggestion is that you can set the cams by you're own like in Skype. Adjust the size of more than just one cam and have users without cams small.

Greetings from germany and I hope that…

104 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bot - Invitecheck, check which invitation someone has used

I need the feature in the API, that the Bot can check which invite someone has used. That would be very nice and open many possibilities.
    LG Lewnox

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. We need Karaoke with microphone effects, and audio adapter streaming NOW!

WHAT THIS GUY JUST SAYS... BUT BETTER...

Hey guys, if you got a couple minutes, please hear me out!

So, I come from a not-too-far-off app called Raidcall. As you may know, Raidcall's US servers shut down and is now primarily hosted in Russia. Since then, I found plenty of reason to comfortably move to Discord with the rest of my friends. To be perfectly honest, Discord has pretty much everything that made Raidcall awesome to me-- but there's just one thing that made Raidcall awesome that pretty much nobody else did:

Music Mode. Raidcall had a simple button that…

1,524 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

177 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base