Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a Wumpus Emoji

can we add a wumpus emote to the menu like :wumpus:

it would be really good to promote the endangered wumpus.

348 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow using the HypeSquad emoji in all servers for those who opted in the HypeSquad program, in order to advertise it!

Since HypeSquad seems to be about advertising Discord, we should be able to use its emoji in every server if we opted in the program!

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Discord The Musical (or The Songs Of Discord)

Discord should release "The songs of Discord", which stars different members of the discord team performing their hit singles such as "everyday is a day to ratelimit" by B1nzy, and "why is my game development company making a chat client?" by Jason Citron.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Roles that allow certain kinds of "spam"

My name is darkedone02 and I am a news spreader, I basically spread the news mostly on gaming related things, I do things such as post news articles on a unique format, known as "Rapid Fire News" that posted tons of links of many game related news on special channels set up for me.

Thanks to discord latest security update, I am unable to do my "Rapid Fire News" format that allow me to spam news link over at the gaming news channels in many discords thanks to the latest security features. Which is kinda sad because some people do…

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Discord Nitro] Remove Character Limit on Code Blocks, Collapsible Code Blocks and Subjects

I would like to see the character limit on code blocks removed for Discord Nitro members. These are people supporting the platform and are less likely to abuse them as spam.

Additionally, I would like to see this combined with new code block functionality that introduces subjects and the ability to collapse.

Subject example:
    ```language,subject-here
    code
    ```
    Which would result in something similar to...
    Code: language - subject here (expand)

I may put together a concept later when I have more time to concentrate on it.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Warning when changing to a name that will change your DiscordTag#0000.

If you try to change your discord username (not server nickname), and someone else with your tag ID already has that name, your DiscordTag#0000 will change. People grow attached to their tag IDs, they become recognized by their tag IDs. There should be a warning for this that says something like:

"Watch Out!
    Someone with your tag ID is already using this name. If you change your name to this, you will recieve a new random DiscordTag#0000. Are you okay with this?

[Yes] [No]"

314 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Discord Partnership Requirement Only 100 Members

it is so hard to get discord partnership! especially if you had 126 members and then get raided fully to where you have 0 members!!!!!! let's make it easier to get partnership by lowering the discord partnership requirement to only 100 members!!!!!!!!!!!

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AFK Auto-Reply Message

Add a feature to use /afk "message" or /brb "message" in a text or private channel to change your status to "Idle" and add an auto-reply message for when users message you. Multiple video games include said feature and with Discord being recognized as a platform for gamers, I think the reason for this being added is self-explanatory.

Thank you.

67 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the emoji to its rightful name, :donut:

As of now, the donut emoji is labelled as "doughnut". I hope I am not alone in my distaste for Discord's spelling of donut.

Please vote to have it changed to its rightful name, :donut:. Thank you.

101 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rules splash page, accesible in server menu

Many servers have a locked channel called #rules or the like for rules; however, this is a very non-ideal solution.

It:

* Inflates channel numbers and annoys users on mobile,

* Creates problems when a coadmin needs to edit the rules - you will either constantly have to repost them or get the owner to edit them,

* Creates issues with readability on both very large and very small displays.

Not only that, but:

* Some users will simply NOT read a rules channel on a join, or they don't notice it for whatever reason.

* You may set the…

3,332 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Discord for nintendo 2ds

Discord for nintendo 2ds

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove the Character Limit for Friends

People who are already friends should be allowed to at least send longer things to each other. 2000 characters is ridiculously low, especially if you're sending large chunks of text for purposes of editing or something. It's just not a very reasonable limit.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pin DM Conversations to the top of the DM list

It would be really helpful and easier to talk to people in DMs if we could pin important/meaningful conversations to the top. Often I get annoyed because a very meaningful convo I was having a while ago is buried under DMs of small talk I happened to have for 2 min with something, which because of recentness is shown way above

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The new UI is ugly & takes up more space. revert it.

Especially the larger channel listing.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Developer mode on Android

An easier way to grab people's UserIDs than having to mention them with a \ such as long-pressing on their name, then having a button to get the ID, just like on desktop!

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Audit log messages deleted by explicit content filter

Being able to see if someone has been posting images that have been getting caught in the filter would be useful so we can deal with them appropriately

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Having the ban or kick menu open should freeze the person's ability to send messages until you close it or ban/kick them.

The issue with the new Audit Logs, in my opinion, is that you don't get enough time to fill out the "Reason for ban" or "Reason for kick" fields in the ban and kick screens. This is especially true for someone spamming, you want to ban or kick them as fast as possible so you end up having to skip the "Reason" field and just ban them straight away because typing out a reason takes real long. If the spam involves mentions that makes it even more important to ban or kick immediately.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enhanced/Updated Audit Logs

1. Please do mention what the message that got deleted was in the audit logs. Example, if x deletes "hoi hoi hoi hoi", mention that a message was deleted by x in #textchannel, then the expand arrow shows you the message that was deleted.

2. People editing their messages doesn't show up? That's also important because someone can just say something offensive and edit it out to something positive before an admin/mod sees it when someone reported that offensive comment.

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow permissions for users based on having phone number linked

I feel it would be a good idea if server owners/moderators could set users with a registered phone number to have certain permissions, for example. users without registration cannot embed links, or send files. This could increase server security.

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. status.discordapp.com Webhooks

Add webhook support for status.discordapp.com, much like status.python.org, and since both run on StatusPage, it shouldn't be too hard to implement(?)

Screenshot: https://dabbit.will-never-love.me/3d68bb.png

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base