Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A "Log out of everything" option

Let's say you were at your friend's house or whatever, and you log into discord on either their phone/computer and then forget to log off. Not every friend is going log off for you. And in the case you feel like someone is using your account, forcing them to log out is a pretty neat option to have.
    Skype has this implemented, I think Discord should use it as well.

427 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spotify

I think we should have the ability to connect your Spotify account to Discord!
    Linking it could take you to your Spotify profile.

229 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow using the HypeSquad emoji in all servers for those who opted in the HypeSquad program, in order to advertise it!

Since HypeSquad seems to be about advertising Discord, we should be able to use its emoji in every server if we opted in the program!

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Suppress @[email protected] option for each text channel

Have an option to suppress @[email protected] for the text channel of your choosing instead of the whole server. There are channels I mute and yet I still get notifications for because @[email protected] is still enabled.

Example: We have a gaming channel so that people can group up and play games together except, I don't game. But I still get pop-ups notifying me that I have a message when instead I get a message from someone who just wants to game. The server is important to me, I cannot just suppress @[email protected] because there are important things I cannot miss. The…

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enhanced/Updated Audit Logs

1. Please do mention what the message that got deleted was in the audit logs. Example, if x deletes "hoi hoi hoi hoi", mention that a message was deleted by x in #textchannel, then the expand arrow shows you the message that was deleted.

2. People editing their messages doesn't show up? That's also important because someone can just say something offensive and edit it out to something positive before an admin/mod sees it when someone reported that offensive comment.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Flexible verification levels

Currently we only have options between Low, Medium, and High. I'd like to see a set of three checkboxes instead:

[_] Have a verified email on Discord
    [_] Be registered on Discord for X minutes, where X is an admin-set amount
    [_] Be a member of the server for Y minutes, where Y is also an admin set amount

One of the servers I'm currently on has a wait for being a member of the server so that we can be certain that they read the intro channel, but 10 minutes is far too long for that. Being able to…

215 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to center profile pictures

The way Discord crops/centers profile pictures is absolutely horrendous. Even after cropping it in other software, it still messes them up badly sometimes. A centering function, similar to Twitter's, would be greatly useful.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Discord Nitro - We Need More Payments Options At All Regions!

I think as everyone else here we want more Payment options. Creditcard is fine, but it is so limited. I heard that some countries are limited to payment, so all Region is a must! =)

Having PayPal as priority first is importent as you can have multiple ways of adding funds to your PayPal account, this way many people can have a better experience of paying.

Also I mostly use PayPal and iDeal, please consider of implementing iDeal aswel.

Thanks!

209 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add A Warning System For Server Staff

There should be another option instead of just Kick and Ban, could there be one that is called Warn? Basically if you warn someone and type the reason and all that the next time they check your Discord server it says that they were warned and the reason and they just click accept or ok and it lets them view the chat again. That is needed, some people's just need warned, not kicked or banned. Add this for both Desktop and App.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Extra info on bot profiles

Instead of having bot profiles be completely blank, why not have an official information source for the bot's statistics? It could show a realtime or cached server count, and the integration links could provide links for a help server or a website with documentation.

Here's a mock up of what a bot profile could look like: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/198101180180594688/273148426697441282/unknown.png

196 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please bring back an easier overview of permissions in Server and Channel Settings

In the recent update to Server and Channel Settings, Discord has reworked permissions in both. After using it for some time and talking to others about it, I think many feel that the new permissions are more difficult to see and sometimes find a specific permission quickly.

While I think overall, the new settings overlays are fantastic, and the 3 button checkbox in channel permissions was much needed, the permissions list is long and cumbersome to navigate quickly and make changes.

For clarification of what I'm talking about, see the screenshots below:

New Permissions:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/231484392365752320/308338919123189760/unknown.png

Old Permissions:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/231484392365752320/308340469451194368/unknown.png

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Played games analytics

Have analytics datas of played games

I think it would be good to have somes analytics datas for know what games are most played on the server.

Why? For help admins to know for what games we need channels, roles... or not.

In the server configuration panel or other

- Top 10 games played
    - Number of players this year/month/week (per game)
    - List of players (or top 10 players ?) (per game)
    - Average playing time (per game)

I think that would very interesting for many users

Thanks !

////// FRENCH //////

Avoir des données statistiques sur…

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove bloating text from previews of directly linked images from imgur

Comparison: http://i.imgur.com/yg2YUjm.png (new vs old)
    The new preview behavior is more bloated than it was previously when direct linking images.

When direct-linking a game screenshot you lose screen space for the image with the new behavior vs discord writing the "Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet" every time. Directing to the image page instead of direct link was doing fine if you wanted to show more info about it.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Call Priority Over Discord

Discord calls need to 'pause' / deafen + mute on a phone call.

When the user is on Discord and a phone call is alerted and the user answers the call, Discord still has its microphone unmuted and undeafened. That means, sound from the voice calls in Discord go through the phone call and confuse the caller on said phone service.

It's quite inconvenient and it tends to get in the way of an important phone call. Especially when it is a phone call that needs immediate attention.

256 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Audit log notifications

I'd like to be notified whenever something gets loged in audit logs so I can know what's up and what's going on at the moment it's happening.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bot Developer Badge

Bot Developers put a lot of hard work and effort into keeping a bot hosted as well as managing a community behind, so those developers should get something for being one. That's where this comes in, Bot Developers will get a badge next to the account that the bot is connected to saying "Verified Bot Developer", if and only if that person's bot as over 1000 servers.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Verification Level should be implemented for voice chat

Verification level is great for text chat, although it should be more customizable in terms of length and options. One of these is that it should be enabled for voice chat as well. During server raids, right now the raiders can't type but they can still troll the voice chat with their 25+ members, which is really annoying.

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Windows 10 Notification Improvement

So, we got this thing here in the Windows 10 Desktop app where the notifications show up as Windows 10 notifications. Fair enough. They're blending in with the rest of the Windows 10 notifications.

Here's the main problem though: when clicking on the notification, it doesn't bring you to the server source, and just opens the app instead. Worse, the server name doesn't show. I forgot whether this server name problem isn't the case for Windows 8, and I have no idea whether this problem exists in Mac, but this needs to be fixed. It leads you to the right…

307 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Custom Themes

It would be awesome if this feature would be implemented.
    Here is how i think it should work:
    -Whenever you enter a server you get a prompt to download and display the theme.
    -You can disable the prompt in settings
    -Admins can add the themes background(1920x1080) etc. in server settings
    -You can disable theme anytime soon in settings
    I really hope you will implement that feature as it would be awesome.

2,816 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base