Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. give voice message while in another room

INGLÊS:

I would like you to have a function where you could put a shortcut key to send audio to everyone, for example, you had in a room talking to administrators and wanted to send a message to everyone in the discord rooms, then press the shortcut button and I was speaking and everyone in other rooms could hear the message.

PORTUGUÊS:

gostaria que tivesse uma função onde você pudesse colocar uma tecla de atalho para enviar audio para todos, exemplo, você tivesse em uma sala conversando com administradores e quisesse passar um recado para todos que estão em salas…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instant Invite Routing

I would love it if there was an added option for invites to be able to bring you not to the channel for which they were created, but at server settings, take you straight to a specific channel. An example would be person A creates an instant invite in #off-topic to bring person B in. Prior to that, the admin set a setting to route all instant invites to the #rules page. Person B clicks the invite and instead of being brought to the #off-topic channel, they are brought straight to the #rules channel.

This has the added bonus of…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shared Text Channels

Discord could have an option to make a channel a "Shared Channel", syncronizing chat between two discord servers. Similar to Slack's recent Shared Channels feature, this could be beneficial for those who would like to link certain channels across discord servers, without requiring that user to be in both servers.

111 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Mastodon link to his profile

Add a possibility to link is Mastodon profile (joinmastodon.org) and that's show it like that: `[email protected]`

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the ability to selectively enable or disable roles that can be pinged by certain roles

While the ability to disable @everyone and @here pings is already in Discord, a menu that allows administrators of a server to limit the amount of roles a certain role can ping would be much appreciated.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Low data usage mode for mobile

Please add a "low data usage mode" I have very little cellular data and Discord uses up a crap ton of my data. I realize that this isn't really in your control but I think it would be possible to make it take less data.
    Low data usage mode could possibly do these things to help use less data (I don't know if these would help because I know virtually nothing about those kind of things but from what I do know I think these could help):
    1. Only show 20 - 50 members in the user list on the…

194 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Handwrite/Drawing Integration for Messages

A feature made popular by contemporary messengers. It would be another communication feature for users to employ much like the Emoji panel.

It would either be integrated into the message panel, much like the Emoji panel or /Gif, or displays an independent panel which basic tools for illustrating quick ideas. It responds to general input devices such as the touchpad, mouse, or capacitive touch (mobile) along with support for active styluses and graphic tablets.

General limitations would be reasonable such as size restrictions to keep the flow of chats healthy in busy servers which could be managed by server administrators…

90 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Server Organisation

Hey all!

I noticed that there's a decent amount of requests for some type of server folders/organisation so I put together some concepts that I think would work great with Discord. :)

Check them out: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

4,326 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

432 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Recommended server list

In general, probably, when newcomers launch the program, they will be interested in finding a server for communication. However, it is quite difficult to find a really good server on the world wide web.

I thought, why not offer a server to those who just downloaded the program? Or why not create a special page in an application called "Server List" or "Recommended Servers"? I think it would be very cool!

Here is my concept of design: https://imgur.com/a/vv8bM

We already have a lot of sites with links to different servers, but not everyone knows about these sites! Let's help both…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow up to 40 users to view Screenshare for Developers or large corporations

Allow up to 40 users to view Screenshare for Developers or large corporations.

77 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow us to set the whole server as adults only rather than taggin all channels.

This having to label every channel as NSFW is just causing a mess. Instead allow us who run servers with a mature audience to set the whole server as NSFW or 18+.

As it is now, my server doesn't allow kids in as we want a community where everyone is an adult, works for a living and doesn't have time for all the drama etc. that comes with the younger audience servers. We're a place to come and play, talk shop, relax, be foul mouthed etc.

1,865 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Invite logs

In server settings > invites;

we can view the invite code together with basic information such as who created it, amount of uses remaining, and when it’s set to expire.
    However, we don't have the option to view which users joined from that invite link.
    This option would be beneficial to server owners and administrators to prevent possible raids and attacks on the server.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Update to EmojiOne 3.1

Currently Discord is on EmojiOne 2.3 (I believe), which is kinda lame and doesn't have extremely important emojis such as the male :shrug: emoji, or the :flying_saucer: emoji. Also, EmojiOne 3.1 has a new style which I (personally) think looks much nicer than 2.3

464 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. audio sharing

i would suggest ways of sharing audio like u can select ur system sound or could per say say spotify sound only or ableton and chrome and basically any program thats sending out sound signals also better support for higher end mics i would really love to be able to just click a button click a program thats open and start sharing its audio this could also work in conjunction with the screenshare so u can share system sounds as people watch and etc

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A simple feature where users can enter a bio that'll show up on their profiles.

All users will be able to enter a bio (maximum 200 characters?) by going into settings. The bio will then be displayed on the user's profile, perhaps underneath where it says "Playing blah blah blah".

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sorting Servers by Groups

If you're like me, you have a ton of servers you're a part of. It can be a mess to look at sometimes. It would be pretty nice in my opinion to be able to add servers to different "Groups" (like channel categories almost) or "pages". It would make it less of a cluttered mess and would just make the general appearance look better. More customization is always better, right?

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give more control over the UI

I'm confused as to why y'all won't let us make minor changes that literally every other program ever does, like:

1) The ability to put a specifc font size in, rather than a slider
    2) Let us change the width of the Server and User lists
    3) Fix the bug where we can't shrink the window past a certain size
    3) Letting us put our own CSS in, like BetterDiscord and BeautifulDiscord do, would be amazing, but I get the impression that y'all don't like giving users the ability to do anything.
    4) Let us pick our own background for…

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to Clone Channel Categories

Text and Voice Channels can be cloned, which makes channel setup easier (especially permissions). Channel Categories cannot currently be cloned. If users had the ablilty to clone Channel Categories it would make permission setup EVEN better than what it currently is. A given user may want the permissions for one Category to be exactly the same as another. This feature would not only be practical but also a time saver.

78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show an indication in the voice channel that a user is currently live.

Show an indication in the voice channel when a user is currently streaming in that specific and show which user is live.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/zMG3kI2.png

1,517 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Volunteer Support

An official Discord support server where people (yes, even you) can lend a helpful hand to fellow Discord users. This would take much of the burden from the Discord developers, so they have more time for things like launching super cool updates and reading this suggestion. I know most of the official servers already do this, but it would be nice to have one specific dedicated support server with a fancy link like http://discord.gg/support or /help.

There could also be a program similar to what Xbox has: The Ambassador Program. If you don't know what it is, I would highly…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base