Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can you please make the hierarchy channel-specific instead of server-specific? Example: I have a server that has specific channels for each

Can you please make the hierarchy channel-specific instead of server-specific?

Example: I have a server that has specific channels for each console and specific roles for each console. Folks who use multiple consoles are assigned multiple roles. Let's call those roles Console 1, Console 2, and Console 3. Let's call the channels A1, B1, A2, B2, A3, B3, and Central Hub. Let's call the user User X, User Y, and User Z.

Console 1 is green. Console 2 is blue. Console 3 is red.

Channels A1 and B1 are for Console 1, A2 and B2 are for Console 2, A3…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Revert settings/user profile ui

The recently introduced UI for user and server settings wastes a tremendous amount of screen space; reverting to the old UI (or at the very least allowing for users to choose between the new/old UI) would be an appreciated change.

Example of wasted screen space:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/181878556043902976/304709306715078657/unknown.png

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recording Option for Voice Chat

It would be a great addon to the program to have a preset recording option for voice chat, just like other applications (Teamspeak for example).

Simply, you start the recording with the click of your mouse and at the end it would be coded in a common audio file (.wav or .mp4 for example) and stored in the folder you have selected.

To identify that someone is recording in the chat it could activate a notification by means of written text or an icon in the user who is recording. Of course this option should be add to the configurable…

1,379 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to center profile pictures

The way Discord crops/centers profile pictures is absolutely horrendous. Even after cropping it in other software, it still messes them up badly sometimes. A centering function, similar to Twitter's, would be greatly useful.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. NSFW Formatting

We all know that Discord has implemented a new system - specifically, the NSFW mode, that automatically prefixes channels with nsfw- and displays a warning when this channel is opened.
    While I appreciate this, I am quite more than upset that it is REQUIRED the channel specifically start with "nsfw-" - not even contain, or end with it, or even "nsfw_".

Instead, what I suggest is to remove the naming scheme entirely, and instead mark NSFW channels by, say, tinting the # icon red.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display Multiple Badges!

To make the awesome contributions of Nitro Members and the dedicated Hype Squad members more visible...

I suggest a small badge panel that would open after hovering over a user's name for more than 1 second.

This would display the badges cleanly in a relatively small box next to their name, showing them off neatly and in a more visible manner.

maybe even give 'em a little shimmer when you view them! (think Pokemon!)

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Voice Chat Audio Balance

Allow users to balance their voice chat audio from center to left or right via slider.

Use case: say you are playing a military game and you want to voice chat with your team but also want to be able to pick up faint sounds like footsteps or cars in the distance. Being able to designate one side for voice and have the game audio in both mimics real-life, i.e. you have an earpiece radio in one ear and the rest of the world in both ears. Currently, voice fights with game volume and just ends up washing everything out.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. NSFW Channels are automuted until warning is accepted

New messages in NSFW channels shouldn't give an unread message notification unless the warning has been accepted

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Discord Nitro] Make GIF autoplay

So we don't have to move cursor at profile

475 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Badges before usernames

Instead of user profiles, have them before name, with the prority of Staff > Partner > hypesquad > nitro.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Nitro Paypal Option

I think you should be able to pay for nitro in methods other than a credit card, as many people cannot use a credit card to pay sometimes but perhaps can pay with some other method, (i.e Paypal, Bitcoin, Google Play, iTunes, etc)

It would allow so many more people to buy nitro which means more people who get the perks of nitro, and more money for discord, sounds like a win-win to me, plus setting up autobuy with things such as paypal and bitcoin isn't too difficult from what I've heard.

Thanks!
    xdMatthewbx

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Larger custom Emoji!

I love the new Emoji, but would it be possible in the future to make it so that the server has control over the size that is larger than what it currently is. Maybe like 64x64, from the default 32x32. This is only because if I were to upload an image as an emoji, it would look really small if it was larger than 32x32.

5,886 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

228 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. UI improvements (see picture)

Hello!
    Here is some my suggestions about improvement of UI:
    1. Make possible to minimize left panel
    2. Put most of the right top corner buttons in one (with *NEW* marker):
    2.1. Members list
    2.2. Server notifications
    2.3. Pinned messages (will be shown in right panel)
    2.3. Mentions (will be shown in right panel)
    2.4. Search (search field and search results will be shown in right panel also)
    2.5. File upload history with option to show only own or all uploads

Here is UI prototype: https://vgy.me/lSuv9R.png

464 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. discord nitro gift cards

A few friends and I were discussing have Nitro gift cards where you can buy a gift card and give it to people, cards would be either physical or digital and could pay for different lengths of time for Nitro so you could pay for one month, 3 months, 6, or 12, sort of like Spotify or Apple Music gift cards for example.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Block

Could you please remove the "I blocked message" thing and also can you make it so that blocked person cannot @ you because it defeats the purpose when the person you blocked can still @ you

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create characters you can send messages as

There are a lot of roleplayers on Discord - it is a staple pastime in nearly every MMORPG, after all! However, as a roleplayer, it frustrates me that since I can only have one username/nickname/portrait at a time, in order to portray alternate characters I need to either switch completely or just crudely mark it along with the posts, which is less immersive than I'd like. I could make more accounts for them, but as solutions go that's messy, hassle-filled, and violates the principle that your account should be you. To that end, I propose the ability to create "characters"…

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to hide non-usable emotes

The emoji list is often very crowded with emotes from other servers, which one can't use without nitro anyway. A switch or so with which you can hide emojis would be very handy and would save some time when scrolling.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Suppress @[email protected] option for each text channel

Have an option to suppress @[email protected] for the text channel of your choosing instead of the whole server. There are channels I mute and yet I still get notifications for because @[email protected] is still enabled.

Example: We have a gaming channel so that people can group up and play games together except, I don't game. But I still get pop-ups notifying me that I have a message when instead I get a message from someone who just wants to game. The server is important to me, I cannot just suppress @[email protected] because there are important things I cannot miss. The…

71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Personal chat overview

I have too many servers!
    I wish I could make a list where I see specific channels from different servers, a personal overview.
    That will let me easily check on just the channels I care about, without jumping from server to server to check them all.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. See who joined from an invite link

We've been having a few raids on our server, and we think it would be useful to be able to see what accounts joined from what links. So if a group of raiders all join from one invite link, it'd be easier to kick or ban them, as you'll have exactly which accounts are part of that group.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base