Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deleting ALL user data

I'm a person who cares greatly about privacy, and it has severely limited my ability to enjoy using Discord. I'm borderline forced to use the service by my friends who absolutely refuse to use anything else. I want the ability to not only delete my account, but everything associated with it. Deleting all messages would be preferred, but I guess it would be fine just to have it remove the username from the message (kind of like how Reddit handles it).

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sorting servers by Groups

I'm currently on 60+ different servers, and it's already hard to find the one i need to enter.
    What i'm saying is to create a Show/Hide +sorting groups by the name we give:
    EX:
    E-Sports
    Achievement Hunting
    Speedrunning
    Streaming Team
    Friends
    Work
    All these created by us,to organize servers and hide/show whenever is needed

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. server history

It would be cool if accounts could have like a "log/list" for the server history/ previous servers they've been in, in case they miss/need to find an old one they left ^^

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bot override for "Recieve DMs from other server members"

This would be an **extremely** useful tooltip for server owners and bot owners as a lot of bots have to DM their users at one point in time. Mostly sending level up messages, help messages, and etc. It is possible to just spam it all in the channel but some server owners don't want that (custom bots), such as me. Owning yara, I don't want the bots to send images or messages in chat with responses to commands like a help command or a level up command, or some command that spams information that is only useful to that user.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. List all or recent failed and scussesful login attempts to your account.

Knowing when somebody is trying to get in your account and how sucssesful they are is essential for protecting yourself against unauthoized breaches and ability to do this would greatly help those who care about their account security.

Skype has something similar, so why not Discord?

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to set avatars as squares.

Let users have the ability to set square avatars instead of circles because circles take up a lot of the image.

Example: https://u.nya.is/jboqgo.png

269 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move text function

Crate a right click function for moderators (or any specified role) that allows them to move a text message posted by another user to a different text channel.

Currently if you want to move someone's text to another channel for organization; you have to ask them to repost or copy paste your self.

75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The current changes on your terms are fallacious and need revised.

Let people moderate their content as they wish. Make a rule that servers which allow lolicon and shota that says they must clarify that upon immediate entry to the server as well as making it so they are strictly forbidden from being public if you want to make any rule about it, but you have no justification for your actions. You only have fallacious arguments and your own self-serving justices. Fallacious opinions do not make other fallacious opinions less fallacious. Argumentum ad populum. The only factor behind morality is mentality and you are willingly tyrannizing your own world view on…

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Settings Interface

I think the UI on the Settings Page needs a change, it seems poorly done for an app that looks for the rest of it quite well done.

The old interface's design, changed for reasons unknown to me, was more fitting.

I don't ask for a plain rollback on the old one but I don't think is the new one is even at the "okay" level.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Nitro for Bot apps.

Bots/Apps would have a lot of use for Nitro features, plus it doesn't put any bots at an advantage and there's nothing more there that they could abuse.

A lot of Bot devs would happily pay for a separate subscription for their bots, however currently the only way to do that is break TOS and create a userbot.

125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for animated GIF emojis

It is great that we can use custom emojis now: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/10313145-allow-me-to-use-custom-emojis

But what about all the animated emojis I wanna use in my server!? Would be great if we could use animated GIF emojis, too. :)

2,797 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Options For The Report Button

I heard about the report button coming out, and I'd like to suggest a feature for it. When you click "Report" next to the message, a dialogue should pop up asking if you'd like to report to Discord employees, or to the server administration team, and show difference between the two. This should include examples of what should be reported to Discord employees, and what should be reported to Discord server staff.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Purchase Nitro with Google Play

I would happily buy Play Credit just for this.

139 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add GameBridge badge with T-shirt, Badge Changer

It would be cool if Discord would add a GameBridge badge for all those Game Developers and create a T-shirt for the GameBridgers. It would also be awesome for a 'badge switcher' where you can change what your profile shows. Example; I can change my badge to HypeSquad from Nitro, if I am in the HypeSquad.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Limit usage of the "@everyone" tag for certain roles.

Hi,

As an admin, I think it would be a very good idea to be able to limit the number of "@everyone" tags for certain roles, for example once or twice per day and so on.

This would greatly help in preventing abuse or over-usage of the said function and help paranoid admins be less worried. Thanks.

846 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Little chat box for Voice channels

A lot of people wants a chat box for Voice channels. I've explain it with a simple Image here it is;

http://i.imgur.com/3sxCzuF.jpg

Thank you!

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrated Status Information

It would be nice if Discord had a little button somewhere that would show the status information from status.discordapp.com. It should give you a notification if something happens and show the current message on the progress of an issue.

Would help the support team from being bombed on twitter, and cause less panic attacks for users when it goes down once a while.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Personal User-side friend organizer?

This one is a bit simple. But essentially they could be a means of having better organization for your friends list that is user side only. You could group your friends into custom parameters of your choice such as "Gaming Friends," "Politic Nerds," "Acquaintances," or even "Commissioner"

I think a feature like this could be very useful in that it would also help organize who you would talk to about certain stuff and make the friend list look less cluttered if your friend list is huge due to a big amount of contacts.

Please note, this is different than "groups"…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Discord Nitro - We Need More Payments Options In All Regions

I think as everyone else here we want more Payment options. Creditcard is fine, but it is so limited. I heard that some countries are limited to payment, so all Region is a must! =)

Having PayPal as priority first is importent as you can have multiple ways of adding funds to your PayPal account, this way many people can have a better experience of paying.

Also I mostly use PayPal and iDeal, please consider of implementing iDeal aswel.

Thanks!

130 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add computational logic to mentioning user tags (e.g. @here+red or @here-red)

It would be great to ad logic to user mentions with tags. Lets say I want to mention all users tagged with liking cars and vans because I've thought up a wicked cool van hybrid, but I don't want to annoy people who just like cars or who just like vans. So I mention them like @[email protected] and only users who have both tags get mentioned.

This could be expanded with just a "-" most likely, don't want to make it too complicated. E.g. @[email protected] .

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base