Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deleting Direct messages

Overall Discord is an amazing creation. Except for the point where you can't delete direct messages fully! Like, totally and utterly gone, instea dof just hiding it until the person say something again. Blocking can make it so someone can't Dm the other, but at the same time some people don't want to block others because of personal or other reasons. This is a huge demand and the way it seems to be ignored is horrible. ;-; I think this has to be one of my only hates about Discord, everything else is quite amazing. Please add the deletion, it…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Report button on user's profiles

A few days ago I needed to report somebody (for reasons that shall not become public) and the whole proccess was really long, by the time I opened up my email I had forgotten the details of the event. I think it would be easy to just press a button and its done. The event is fresh in your mind.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Priority Speaker + sound notification for kick.

We NEED Priority Speaker! I have seen this idea being mentioned around 2015. Seriously is it now worth addressing it? Can we at least know if it is being reviewed or if there is a problem implementing it? Also a sound or voice even notification that someone has been kicked from the server would be a nice touch.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Administrator's mention

It would be good if the administrators could mention all the possible roles even those without the "Allow anyone to @ mention this role"

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Invisible-Do Not Disturb mode

An invisible mode that functions exactly like do not disturb mode. It would be nice if invisible didn't act like online.

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to DM users that you don't share a server with

With the recent update to the Developer ToS, I now find myself having the need to DM the owners of the guilds that my bots are on, but I don't share servers with all of them, causing the problem of me being unable to inform this of this issue. The title says it all, allow us to DM users we don't share servers with. It'd make some of our lives a whole lot easier.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to Remove Dynamic Windowing for Video Chat

I podcast for a living, and we were super excited to ditch Skype for Discord. With the most recent blog post, it seems that Discord will be using dynamic windowing (small cams out of focus and 1 large cam). I think this is a really practical approach for general conversations and audio-only podcasts, but it is not usable for us creating video podcast content. Is there any way to disable dynamic windowing to have equal-sized and unmovable cameras set up? If not, I'm afraid we can't move our video podcasts over to Discord's platform.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Server on China

I'm from China and I like use Discord. But I and my frends always disconnet from the server. So i want add server on China.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove the Character Limit for Friends

People who are already friends should be allowed to at least send longer things to each other. 2000 characters is ridiculously low, especially if you're sending large chunks of text for purposes of editing or something. It's just not a very reasonable limit.

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dark theme for emoji chooser

It would be nice if on desktop's emoji chooser is in dark mode if your theme is dark mode too, because the light kills my eyes.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Equivalent of Skype's /golive command

Skype has the ability to start a group call without ringing everyone by using the /golive command. This would be useful to have to avoid ringing the entire group.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tweak to hiding offline members on a per-channel basis.

So on discord, when your server reaches 100+ members, it hides offline users to conserve memory (because a server with 12,000 members will have an easier time showing 100 online members rather than 11,000 offline members). Well, thing is, this is a server-wide effect.

A simple tweak would be to have this on a per-channel basis. If you want an example, say I have 3 channels, a main chat, a "trusted member" chat, and an admin chat. The server has 101 members and the regular chat shows only people who are online. Let's say the trusted chat has 50 members…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow users to set their own role, but not other users' roles

I run two fairly large sports-based servers, and we have roles set to team names. I'd like a user to be able to set themselves to a certain team-role, without having the power to also assign other users roles.

Everyone is set to a "Default" role on join, which is placed above each team-role.

"Manage Roles" is good for moderators/admins, but normal users (in my "Default" role) should have another permission called "set my roles" or "self-assign roles".

This would then allow them to set themselves to any role below the role giving them said new permission, but none above.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 'Shark'

I have a game idea for something in the chat. It usually occurs in a spam chat, but can be used anywhere. Basically it's a game I like to call 'shark.' Someone posts a comment in the chat. Someone else quotes that post and adds a shark in it that interacts with the other words. I can post more on this idea, just gotta pull out my notes on it. lol

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow a specific role to mention roles

This would be great in servers where there is a mention-able moderator role and don't want it to be abused (eg: raiders spamming @moderator)
    Lets say you wanted a certain role to mention that role

For example, a servers role list would be like this

Owner
    Administrator
    Jr. Mod
    Friend
    God
    VIP

etc.

Now, you may want only people in the God role to mention moderator which ins't possible currently, which means anyone can mention the moderator role if its enabled.

If this was added then setting a role for mention-able roles would be a life saver from…

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. API able to see who moved who

In the API you can check if a user joined/left a voice channel, but you can't see if the user was moved, or joined by his own.
    It would be nice to be able to see that, and if he was moved, get a way to see who moved him.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A Permission Option to Add and Remove Roles only.

I would be great if a permission called "Add/Remove Roles" could be implemented so a role or individual could just have the ability to add and remove roles from individuals and NOT have the ability to create, edit and delete role like the current "Manage Roles" permission.
    Combining all these permissions into one permissions is dangerous considering someone can remove all the roles if they wished.

A good example would be for @Moderators
    You want moderators to be able to add and remove tags but not to be able to delete them or create unnecessary ones.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Translator Badges

I think it would be great to have a Translator Badge for people who are helping to translate Discord, just like on Twitter.
    This could be a reward for those who helped translating, this could also be a motivation for newer people to translate Discord in their own language.

I've made a concept, that's how it look like: https://s21.postimg.org/p02ywioev/Discord.png

So it's just an uncompleted idea, if you have any suggestions, just feel free to post it underneath :)

Thank you for reading!

327 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Role color switcher.

Currently, on the PC edition of Discord, you are able to change a role color to which ever setting you want, without the use of using the preset ones. However, on the mobile version of Discord, this only limits you to the preset colors. I would like to suggest this idea of having the option of changing the role colors to whichever color you want, without using the preset ones.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add embed.fallback for bots

The discord client allows to disable embeds in the settings which make bot messages appear empty if they heavily rely on this feature.
    Introducing an embed.fallback field would allow bots to prompt the user with a kind of headsup telling them they don't see the response due to their settings.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base