Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement tools to make translating Discord easier

Currently, Discord does not offer any tools for its translators who devote a large portion of their time to enhance the experience of Discord users that are not English speakers.

I have been an active Discord translator for almost a year now and there’s one thing that makes translating certain strings very difficult, the lack of context. On Crowdin, Discord only provides string constants as context and in most cases, they are not helpful at all. Very few strings have screenshots attached as context. While adding screenshots to provide some context may be a good solution, it’s impossible for Discord…

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Role clicking

Clickable roles! Currently, role mentions are highlighted when you hover over them, but that can be misleading, because clicking on them does nothing. Here's an example on how I think role mentions should be treated: https://i.imgur.com/CbqR0Ia.gifv

285 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. spotify private session

The new spotify feature is amazing. But if you activate private session in Spotify, it should be private in Discord too.

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a permanent ban/boot feature. ALSO adding the time the group was made in the natural title would be good.

Desperately needs a permanent banning feature for LFG. Also seeing what time the room was created without joining would be nice.

OVERALL LFG is a great feature, with a little TLC should be fine to release. A ban feature would let users remove a user from a channel permanently instead of kicking the user for them just to rejoin a few moments later.

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Upon leaving server feedback

Please add a prompt to give server owners feedback upon leaving a server!

I think you could give server owners good insight into why it is people are leaving their communities!

As a community owner I would love to know why my members are deciding to leave the server!
    Add premade options like
    "Too overcrowded"
    "Too inactive"
    "Not covering my interests"
    "Its boring"
    Etc.
    And of course, a "Other" and a field so they could type out their reason for leaving.

You could add a menu next to the audit log (or within it?) for staff to also be able…

321 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Animated emojis for all users

I know it's a controversial topic, but I really think all users should be able to use the same emojis in the same server. This is actually not the case for animated emojis, which are reserved to nitro users.

67 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make 'admin' role non-movable by 'moderator' role

I mean, I don't want the moderators to be able to move me to another voice room on my server. I've tried it with a friend, who had only the moderator role, and he was able to move me to another channel, even if the admin role, which I had, is higher in the role list than the moderator.

431 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Bans To Be Sorted By Most Recent

I currently moderate a Discord server with 698 bans, if someone was accidentally banned and you didn't know who it was, it would be very difficult finding out who was banned. Allowing the ban list to be sorted by most recent (and also show when they were banned) would be incredibly helpful for investigating ban evasion by creating alt accounts and can be a quick & easy way to unban someone if they happened to be accidentally banned.
    Please consider making this a thing! It would be very convenient for server moderators!

346 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Invited to Banned Servers

I think that when you are banned from a server and you attempt to reenter with an invite, Discord should distinguish an expired/revoked/out of uses invite with an unusable invite due to ban. Maybe display a message saying you are banned.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase emoji limit

I want you to increase emoji limit, because it is hard to embody all emoji ideas on the popular server ith lots of users. Lots of people create servers where a large quantity of emojis would be rather useful, but amount of emojis is limited to 50. I'm not asking you to do the amount of emojis to unlimited, I just want it to be increased to 100 or more.

795 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add raised eyebrow emoji!

Discord uses Twitter's emoji, but I noticed that there exists a very useful emoji on Twitter that isn't on Discord! It's the raised eyebrow emoji! 🤨
    Considering that this is a Twitter emoji and does follow the format, I think it should definitely become a default, likely under ":raised_eyebrow:".
    Here's the source image from Twitter, for reference.
    https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f928.png

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Rich Prensence

All users who bought Discord Nitro can set their rich presnce photo with a custom gif/photo

70 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reduce white-space between channel categories

The new channel categories are a great way to organize channels, however the large areas of wasted space around then cause originally short channel listings to become much larger for very little gain.
    It would be great if this white-space could be reduced (even just a little) to save space on smaller screens.

404 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Discord Server on Profile Section

I thought of the idea to add your own discord server to your profile, just like you can add your YouTube, Twitter, and exc. Now if discord wants to restrain it then maybe they can make it for a limited amount of members, maybe like after 100, then they can put it in their profile.
    If you don't understand what I mean by this then here's a ps image of what it would look like (It's okay if you don't want to click it but it is safe, also I blurred out things because it's just cheep advertisement) https://imgur.com/a/Ok4R1

114 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Archive Deleted Messages

Discord requires that Message and Channel IDs must be copied to file a report. However, this requires the message not be deleted at any time until the report is resolved. This is an issue, as it allows more users to be exposed to offensive, hateful, and graphic content. There is, however, a possible solution.

I propose a Deleted Message Archive. Alike to the Audit Log, the Archive would show when a message was deleted and by who, but it would also show the message in question, the Userdata of its sender, and the time it was sent. This would allow…

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Server Screenshare Lobbies!

I really want to see the idea of screensharing/video calling being brought into a server as a new type of channel. Obviously, there will be limits, but I think that people will agree that this will be a great idea to make Discord AND gaming better!

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mass Ping Confirmation (@everyone, @here, @x where n > admin defined threshold)

Requires confirmation of sending a ping to a large number of users. Could be an admin defined n, or percentage of server population who have that tag.

Slack has this feature:

https://twitter.com/asjonish/status/952990494149300230

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Apple Music Integration?

with the recent addition of spotify integration, could we get the same with Apple Music/iTunes?

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Able to change / customize call sounds - like ringtones

What would be great if you can change the calling sound when someone calls you on Discord - able on the app, mobile, etc. It would be nice to customize it. People may not like the original sound, and it is an original idea!

Heres how it may work - you can do it by putting an MP3, or a youtube link, or something else. Example: Whenever someone calls you, it can play as a kahoot theme (chosen example) by making another option in settings, "Change Call Sound" by putting in a youtube link or MP3, etc. and when you…

167 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mobile Discord emojis

People who use Discord on mobile devices should be able to manage emotes like on PC Discord. Why hasn't this been done yet?

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base