Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revert to Old UI Interface for Photos

For a person who has an extensive library of photos on their phone, organized in an orderly fashion this update effectively throws everything into one pile and expects you to navigate to the exact image you want to use "quickly".

Though the new interface is fast, it makes things much slower with extensive photo and video libraries. Might I suggest a reversion back to the older layout, or redesign the new current layout for easier access to phone albums rather then mashing them all together.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pinning DM chats

This would allow the user to 'Pin' private message chats (those with one person, but also those with groups), to the top of their DM list. The order of all pinned DM chats and groups can be customized, and naturally, chats can also be unpinned.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Standardise Defatult Emoji

I've had trouble with miscommunication recently on Discord, with emoji's like the :cookie: emoji rendering as watercrackers on Samsung phones, or :heart: being inconsistently colored on different platforms. I've been confused by people using emojis that render on Windows but not on Apple devices too. It would be great if you could standardise emoji render across your entire network. Deploying twemoji across all mobile would work.

Switching to EmojiOne would make emoji's a bit visually clearer, a bit more visually in line with Apple's set (which seems to be the standard in most other software) while staying very close to…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Character Limit

As of right now, 2000 characters maximum in a message is enough for most servers, but some servers might prefer more (servers for sharing text memes, or servers where sharing large amounts of information is necessary), and some servers might prefer less (to limit spam, for example).

It would be nice to be able to customize the character limit per-server between something like 100 and 10000 characters.

281 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Nitro role?

Suggestion? To have Nitro supporters to be granted their own role (that's customizable (ex, the color and permissions) but not the name).

It would be nice to give Nitro supporters their own VOIP/Text channel just for them in the server(s).

All this can be optional of course for the server owner/admin.

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Control over Private Messages

Please add permissions to control who can message server groups. on several occasions, members of my server have been PMed disgusting images of children being assaulted. The only way to deal with this is to have every member change their privacy settings for that server.

please make it so that we can prevent the @everyone group from being able to PM other groups.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Osu! Account Intergration

Ability to link osu! accounts to discord like with battle net, it would be very useful, I'd love it if you could do something about this, thanks for reading this and I hope you guys at discord keep up the good work your doing.

568 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Profile

When using discord and you click on a members name. It pops up a window with their name and profile picture. You can add notes on the second page, but wouldn't it be neat to add a mini profile to the first page. Where the user could add information, like their clan name, and any other account they play under. Such as in clash of clans where you have multiple accounts in the game , but only one discord account

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase The File Upload Limit

Given that you can just upload several smaller files in quick succession to bypass the 8MB limit, all it achieves is making files of 8MB or more unsendable, and does little to prevent the servers being flooded. Please increase the limit to something more reasonable like 50MB or 100MB.

Alternatively you could implement a system where each user has a daily upload limit of 500MB or so, if clogging the servers is the concern.

Either way, the 8MB limit has to go.

2,132 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Toggle between time and date formats

Add an option to toggle between 12/24 hour time formats and different date formats (MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, etc.)

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Spellcheck

When on discord you don't know what your spelling right or wrong.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Favourite Game

Some of you might know the favourite Game information in the Nintendo Friend List ("My favourite Game is Mario Kart 7" for example)

Why doesn't we have the ability to show other people what our favourite game is? It would be nice, so you can find easily people who likes the same game as you.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Voice Pass Through or Extra Line out

Discords echo cancellation and noise suppression or very good. But it's not something I can simply apply to my mic for all things. Yes anyone in Discord can hear my voice filtered through that but my local recording or streaming is taking directly from the mic itself so there is added background noise and key press sounds from PTT.

So the idea would be to allow me to take whatever comes out of Discord and send it to a virtual audio cable or something similar ( virtual input Voicemeeter ). I'm not sure if this would need to be an…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. An alternative, less gamer-like, client

I perfectly know that Discord is mainly aimed for gamers, but let's be honest for two seconds : with the webcam support and screen sharing being released soon, Discord is going to became a really big alternative to Skype, even for people who are using this 10 years-old service for classical chatting.
    It would be great to release a really simple alternative client, with a design a bit less oriented to gamers, just like Skype does.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Manage Roles" permission wrong behavior

"Manage Roles" permission should affect roles lower than role with that permission (even permission description says that), not lower than highest role of current user like it is currently works.

Example:
    I have 4 roles:
    - Mod
    - Author
    - New users manager (Role that have Manage Roles permission, lets short it to NUM)
    - Approved user

So let's say I want people with NUM role can approve users with role @everyone, but if I give that role to a mod he can also can manage Authors, which isn't predicted behavior.

They can also create role copying their highest role…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a button to remove all messages in a text channel

Adding a button to remove all messages in a text channel (for server owners only) would be very convenient and useful. It would be useful if you want to change the purpose of the default text channel, which you cannot just delete and remake to remove the messages.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Roles hierarchy not allowing admins to grant admin role

This week we are trying Discord for use in our company. We are very pleased with most of the functionality. There is a clear superiority over Slack for messaging and over Skype for voice.

However, there are some issues that we would like to see addressed. For example: The owner of the server invited me, created an admin role (with all the permissions) and granted it to me to set everything up.
    My problem arose when I tried to add other users to the admin role (the same role that I have). That was not allowed because of the role…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Password Protection

... that's it really. No seriously. You want more info? Okay.
    Here's my example of how it'll look like: http://imgur.com/a/AlsYG

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a play button for .mp3, .wav, etc. so you can play music in the app

When someone sends me a song, it's annoying that i have to download it to be able to play it. Add a play option, similar to Soundcloud or Youtube embedding.

4,591 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base