Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Badge filter in servers

I think it would be a nice thing to have a filter in servers so you know all the members who have hypesquad or discord staff or the partner badge.

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Server Menu

Add a menu for easy server finding. Looking through the normal server list with a lot of servers can get kinda frustrating at times.

It would be useful if there was a way to open up a menu that displays all of them in tile layout like you can with the file explorer of your computer.

The menu would also contain things like, search, filtering, Maybe a favorite feature where you can favorite certain servers, and easy management of your servers.

310 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video call and screenshare at the same time

Please add the ability for one user to simultaneously share their screen and video at the same time.

2,140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kill Discord LFG please.

The Discord LFG was cancerous. With squeekers and kids on one end, and general ugliness on the other. You would see groups about things that I, and probably others many others don't want to see. People who joined these groups were often buttheads. I have several screenshots of examples of how cancerous the LFG community is. While I had Discord LFG all I wanted to do was remove it. If you're going to re-make Discord LFG, please make a sensor, and some general rules.

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. very quick to mention the person in the chat

can make a double click on the logo, and mention the person in the chat!!!
    not convenient to right click, and then look for a mention in the chat, it's a long job. please, double-click to mention the person in the chat!!!

197 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Relationship status

If people can change between single or in a relationship and something like not interrested on your profile then people might actually stop trying to get a girl or boy who is in a relationship or not interrested.

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reset Button for Nitro Tag changer

For the new Nitro Tag picker.

Add a Reset button (Disables nitro randomizing thing if a user no longer wants nitro)

- If orignal tag isn't taken, provide it back to user E.G. Alipoodle#5025 for me.
    - if so, then randomized like previously said.

95 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notes Tab

This is an idea to make more useful the notes you add to your friends
    should be cool to save all notes that people makes to you to you be able to see it, so you can se what are you for your friends
    and maybe a button to make it public for people can see all notes that people makes to you
    there is a Visual Example: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/358088534487334912/424774125303758859/notes.png
    Could Be super useful and a more social tool!

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a server setting to disallow private messages to users

As a large guild owner, we fairly constantly get people who private message members in our server with "Steam gift code" or other sorts of scams.

Add an option to disallow people from direct messaging other users if their only mutual server is ours. However, friend settings will override this (as it makes sense). This will help in large servers that try to keep their users safe.

1,292 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Self-Hosted Audio Servers

Okay okay! Before you all start yelling at me and saying this is a terrible idea hear me out.

Discord offers a partnership program to large communities but as discord grows these requirements grow at a rapid rate. Smaller community servers that host 100-400 should be allowed an option to host their own discord voice servers for them to link into the discord network. Here are a few reasons why I think this should be added -

- It will allow community's to host events like karaoke nights with less latency due to any bots/music bots being used could theoretically…

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Image Previews to be Minimized/Hidden via a Button

I love image previews. I don't want to turn them off. However, occasionally, someone will post something that isn't technically NSFW, but I want to quickly remove it from view because I don't feel it's appropriate for the current environment I'm using discord in (work, near family, etc.). It makes me unable to return to that channel until the image is gone from view and then I can't scroll to view the chat history without glossing by it again.

There is another suggestion that asks for blurring. While I do like that idea, that might make some images seem even…

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make a connected invite

Make a connected invite in which you can merge for example a maximum of 5 servers to one invite, so if you have 2 servers that are combined or if you want to invite a friend to all your servers you can send on invite instead of all five and he can join them all at once.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Spotify

First of all, thanks for adding the feature for spotify, but I think it would be nice if my friends could listen as well even when I'm playing games. At the moment you must only have spotify open in order for this new spotify thing to work. Please fix this

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pinned message section

It would be nice to have a section where all your pinned messages with all your friends in DM's come together.

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Role colour option

As you can see here: https://i.imgur.com/tFJhe6X.png . The role "Discord Employee" above the users with that role is now just gray but there should be an option where you can enable in the role if it stays gray or if it gets the same colour as the role colour.

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Audio orientation in game

Add an option to synchronize Audio of your Voice Chat with your game which you are playing.

For exemple, you are in a Minecraft UHC Game. If a player come to you from behind, you can really hear him come from behind if he talks. Also we can hear his voice louder and louder.

Gif exemple from the MumbleLink mod for Minecraft :
    https://goo.gl/XPua7t

74 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please change the font for Chinese on Windows app

The current Chinese font on Windows app is 宋体 (SimSun), which is the default font for Windows XP. This font is extremely display-unfriendly, and is already abandoned since Windows 7. In Windows 8 it's hardly seen in the system interfaces. The successor is Microsoft Yahei UI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_YaHei). Change the Chinese font to Microsoft Yahei UI, please. It's (tens of thousands of times) better than SimSun.

80 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Linux distributions to control update flow

Currently the desktop app will forcibly prevent itself from working if it detects a new update. In Solus we distribute Discord as a package (thank you for allowing us to do so :)) - however we're hitting a bit of an issue.

Solus syncs every Friday to the stable repository, meaning that today's update will not usually be available until Friday. Unfortunately the desktop app will now disable itself from working and users would be without Discord access for another 3 days.

We can kinda alleviate that in Solus, however everything is built for unstable, meaning right now Discord depends…

178 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use phone as webcam

Hey everyone! Im sure everyone has one or multiple smartphones, but not everyone has a webcam. I thought it would be really cool if you could use your smartphone camera as a webcam, while using audio input from your pc (headset).

Maybe it could be implemented in the app (or a seperate, lightweight app) that you could stream video and use your pc as audio.

What do you think?

126 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. iTunes as well as Spotify

I love the spotify idea, but it would be good if you could add iTunes and other alternatives to connect to Discord.

65 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base