Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Per server Emoji/Twitch emote sizes?

It's pretty hard to see certain Twitch emotes, would it be possible to have per server Emoji/Twitch emote size settings? Twitch emotes are pretty small and blurry on the "compact" appearance setting on discord

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assign Server you own with Profile

I'd like it if my profile/account could be deep linked to a server I own of choice. For example, if I have a public server that I manage, it would be cool for people to click on my name, and get a link to my "default server." It would immediately invite them to this server and they could join, much like clicking a user's name when they're streaming and getting a link to their Twitch account.

80 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Categorize @mentions

In order to avoid:
    http://i.imgur.com/TV7obOK.png

Please categorize @Moderator, @Everyone / @Here, and then actually the "@[Your name]" like this:
    http://i.imgur.com/j9s1qM2.png

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an option to automatically remove a user from the guild if they are using the white discord theme

Once you go black you never go back.

Reasons why this should be implemented:

-White theme hurts the human eye
    -White theme killed my mother
    -White theme can cause more screen burn-in
    -White theme forgot to feed my cat. Now my cat is dead.
    -White theme uses more energy than dark theme on OLED/AMOLED/SAMOLED displays
    -Dark theme was here first

Ain't no room in this town for the two of them

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Temporary Bans, Mutes and records of it.

Sometimes users do not deserve a permanent mute/ban for certains offences. I suggest that a temp ban/mute system is implemented. I believe muting someone permanently just because he swore or he did something like that does not deserve a permanent ban/mute. At least not at his first offence. This system should also take records of how many times a user has been banned/muted so you ban/mute him the amount of time he deserves. Of course not all roles can perform this actions and this should be managed by a server admin.

192 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Server Slowmode/Channel Slowmode

For the Server Slowmode idea, it would be a new setting in the Moderation menu, to be able to set a timer for how long you have to wait between each message, i.e. Twitch.

For the Channel Slowmode, it would be the same as Server Slowmode however set for each individual channel, which would be useful if a large streamer server has a designated channel which is shown on stream.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add spell check

It baffles me that it does not have this already. This is something standard that should be in every messaging service.

178 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Nitro Server Service

Enable the unlocking of Nitro for a server, rather than a user. Allowing bigger uploads, animated icons (obviously they would only animate on servers with nitro), all the goodies; but only on that server. Maybe even allow for larger and a whole lot more emoji on such servers?

Optional, have a way for users of the server to subscribe to the features there, donating to the nitro cost for that server.

140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom Server Themes

When you join a server for the first time you are prompted on whether or not you want to use the server's theme or not. Server themes can be set in the server settings and include the following:

- HD Background Picture
    - Custom Font (from google fonts or another source)
    - Primary Color (For "UNREAD" bar, text box, other aesthetic elements)
    - Secondary Color (For scroll bars, selection bar on channels and servers, speaking circle around speaking users in a call)
    - Advanced changes (Ability to change icons and such around server, e.g. create text channel icon, notifications icon,…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. User controlled censorship

A good idea would be to allow the admins and moderators to censor self-defined words/phrases for their own servers

For example, if someone had a discord they knew was frequented by younger users, they could ban curse-words, making them appear as "######", or "%!¤¤#&" or something along those lines.

This could easily be implemented, and wouldn't restrict anyone from using all the profanity and slurs they wish to use in their servers.

186 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync removal of all roles with the removal of the subscriber role

As a twitch partner you have the ability to make your discord for subs only, but if you want to add any other roles to your subscribers this essentially gives them permanent access to the discord, because if they unsub then they still have a role, and the server only kicks people with no roles,
    This would be extremely useful because you could create roles for @role mentioning people who are interested in, for example, playing games, without having to @everyone or @here.

86 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. IPv6 Support

plsplsplsplsplsplsplsplspls ipv4 shortage internet growing need ipv6 support thanks love you amazing service bye <3

126 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow/Disallow accounts with Common VPN IPs to join your server

I think this option inside Server's Moderation could be useful to stop ban evading through creating accounts with different IP (Using a VPN).
    I have seen numerous times where a person will non-stop create accounts and break rules again. 10 mins delay isn't enough as the person can create multiple accounts and use them up every few minutes. Of course, people already in the server with a role won't be affected, but people that first join with a VPN.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show when users created their Discord account.

This could show if they're a new account just made to troll or make a ban evasion.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1,187 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix the overlay so that it will work in iRacing

Fix the overlay so that it will work in the iRacing simulation.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Changelogs in Discord language

Please make the change logs show up in your Discord language, not your system/location-based language.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Nitro Gift subscription

Id love the ability to purchase a gift of Nitro for friends who may otherwise not be able to afford it.

65 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Feature Request] Find Friends via Email/Username/QR code

Discord is a great social app, but it is clunky when it comes to adding friends.

I understand the distinct 4 digit code but I can never remember it when someone asks me! Or I have to pull out my phone and double check [triple check when picking up the ladies ;)] that I have the right digits.
    It would be great to have a scan-able code (via the camera or downloaded photo) that I can quickly use to add my friend.

Another suggestion is to allow users to choose a distinct username or use their email (separate from the…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Undo Accidental Deletion of Channels

I was attempting to delete one of the text channels on my server to replace it with another one that we would have more use for. I accidentally deleted a different, extremely important channel that was used primarily by users of the server that didn't have microphones that wanted to talk to people in the voice chat.

I think a utility option to undo an accidental delete would be extremely useful. In some games, they have a 30 minute to 2 hour period before something is completely deleted, so maybe something similar could be added.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base