Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Even more intergation!

There are so many services and gaming platforms.

Some intergation i really would appreciate:
    - Github
    - Uplay
    - Origin
    - Mixer
    - Tumblr
    - Picarto
    - Deviantart
    - PSN
    - Nintendo
    - Xbox

And there are many more able to get added!

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark theme for emoji chooser

It would be nice if on desktop's emoji chooser is in dark mode if your theme is dark mode too, because the light kills my eyes.

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Role clicking

Clickable roles! Currently, role mentions are highlighted when you hover over them, but that can be misleading, because clicking on them does nothing. Here's an example on how I think role mentions should be treated: https://i.imgur.com/CbqR0Ia.gifv

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change emoticons to Blobs

They are better and have way more variety.

489 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Discord themes

I think of discord as a really customizable app, so why not add custom themes for Discord?
    tip: make the light theme of discord fully white instead of only the chat and Role list being white.

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discord for Smart Fridges

*opens fridge to get milk*
    "Generic is calling..."
    *close fridge*

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. audio sharing

i would suggest ways of sharing audio like u can select ur system sound or could per say say spotify sound only or ableton and chrome and basically any program thats sending out sound signals also better support for higher end mics i would really love to be able to just click a button click a program thats open and start sharing its audio this could also work in conjunction with the screenshare so u can share system sounds as people watch and etc

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Emoji Styles like Slack

This should not be hard at all to do, I even made a mockup for it:
    https://twitter.com/AmazingArcher23/status/906976669881307140

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have a way to see user roles

When you click on the user profile, there should be a way to see the roles, assigned to that person in the server, where the button has been clicked.

94 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Local Categories

Local Categories

I think it would be cool if each user could organize text and chat channels to their liking locally instead of having a constant for the whole server. Me and my friends were arguing over where each category goes and what is in each but I think this could easily be solved by each user having the ability to modify categories to their liking. And maybe if some people dont like this change they can revert to the server categories with a little toggle button, and back to their categories with another click. I don't know how hard…

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Colourizable Categories

Now that the categories feature has been added, it has become a lot harder to navigate through specific Discord channels.

Would it be possible to implement a feature to colourize each Category to make it easier to navigate?

Thanks.

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Server Categories

I'm in a lot of servers. After the release of channel categories (which I love!) It would be super helpful to have server categories to help
    1. clean up space
    2. make things more organized

It'd look something like this https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/214623117014728704/367835993392414722/unknown.png (like the channel categories.)

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. lift the ban on self-harm talks

i don't support lifting the ban on NSFW content outside of NSFW chats, that is really intrusive and shouldn't be unbanned

i must also preface that I don't support the unbanning of lolicon, shotacon, and guro, that is heavily normalizing of pedophilia and could seriously affect people who have histories involving abuse

however, the ban on self-harm will inevitably lead to people avoiding talking about the issues that affect them. when people are contemplating, it should be obvious that a space in which they can talk about their issues without legal action against them or account suspending, and it's obviously…

537 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically delete welcome messages after the user leaves

So, I have a server that I made with my friend with around 200 users on it. And it tends to happen quite a lot that some people join the server and leave it after a few seconds without saying anything. So what happens is people see the welcome message, say welcome and then realize the person has already left a minute ago.
    We don't want to turn off these welcome messages completely because we want people to welcome eachother, but we also don't like these awkward situations where you essentially greet an empty door 1 minute after the doorbell…

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Voice Notes

Add "voice notes" sometimes is Easier to send a quick voice note to coment it you are in a hurry and people can listen later, Sing "happy birthday" to someone. 1 min long its enough

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Welcome screens which can be customized to each server

Like in NSFW, that when u get there first time it asks you if you're 18, y'all should add an option to add a welcoming screen to very channel. That could be used for explaining rules instead of using a bot which sends annoying DM's.
    Yours, Yair. Chief engenieer at Microsoft.

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Use External Emojis" Should Have to be Enabled

This option to disable the use of external emojis should be removed.

Discord Nitro is a wonderful way to support this growing platform that many of us love. That being said, $5 a month is a lot to ask for many people, especially if no rewards is offered in return.

Luckily though, you guys offer some great rewards to help make that money feel like it's worth paying. One of those rewards being the universal use of all one's collected emojis on "any" server...
    If only they could be used on "any" server.

I find it kind of absurd that…

125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Whiteboard Integration

I think it would be nice if Discord had some kind of drawing board for sharing quick ideas that are less understandable through words, like telling your friend how you outplayed someone in League if you forgot to record it, or planning your strategy in CSGO, or just to draw pictures for fun. This would be very helpfel to Tactical gamers.
    Imagine you're planning your strategy on that board with the map as background image, and during the operation you can press a key to make it appear in the overlay. Ideally, you can also ping the enemies' last know…

6,189 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pausing GIFs on mobile and disabling autoplay

It'd be great if there was an option to disable autoplay and have GIFs act like they do on PC (like a "tap to play/pause" thing). Mainly for people who want to preserve their mobile data.

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Discord Badge detection for bots

I was wondering if you guys can allow bots to detect Badges. Nitro, Hypesquad, Partner, etc.

It will be great for sorting members by tier, if they join the server.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base